Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (49546 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ignyte(m): 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
None of Em

OP have you ever lived in the Heart if Kaduna??

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Akinz0126(m): 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
This thread is incomplete without Ibadan Copy that.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by NugesCapable(m): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos and abeokuta
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by octopusfreaky(f): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:
OSOGBO. Oroki Asala

Enjoy power for 18hours in a day

Tight security

Good tiled road network
i agree wf you but there are no jobs...all i see there are schools,,,no company no industry

Low cost of housing

Low cost of food

Lovely and friendly residents

Home of hotels, club houses and lots more...

Osogbo is lively......

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
It's definitely I.B city..

Omo Ibadan Kinni so

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by buoye1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
I love Uyo and Calabar,When I av my family I'll love to settle @ either of the cities....cheers

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by FOREXMARTS: 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
haitto99:
try ilorin

Was going to ask, what of Ilorin. Lived in most of the states mentioned and recently relocated to Ilorin. Man that place i cool but not if you're looking for a job. Ilorin is peaceful and safe.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have been to all 3 and I think they are not the best places to stay when we talk about standard of living with respect to ones purchasing power.

Ibadan is cheaper to live in than all three places but if I must choose one of the lot, I would go for Enugu.

8 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Revolva(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos is far more the safest and best I beg I hate abuja I hate PH I can manage calabar and enugu

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Enugu is da best oooo

Proud of 042

4 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Come try Birnin-kebbi jare! It's the best!

We are talking about Nigeria.

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Enugu all the way, if I'm basing in Nigeria, that's where I'd love to stay.

3 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
striktlymi:
I have been to all 3 and I think they are not the best places to stay when we talk about standard of living with respect to ones purchasing power.

Ibadan is cheaper to live in than all three places but if I must choose one of the lot, I would go for Enugu.

Too many reasons jare
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
In no particular order: Ibadan, Calabar, Uyo and Abuja
and yet u live inside, u were giving birth to inside and all ur family lived inside. pls stop making d whites 2 keep luking down on us all bcaus of one senceless post.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by eagleeyez: 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:
OSOGBO. Oroki Asala

Tight security

Good tiled road network

Low cost of housing

Low cost of food

Osogbo is lively......

You forgot religious bias
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ifems(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo
says who? if you have nothing better to say,shut da Bleep up!

4 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by kolinz(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=cindicandy post=31235576]Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo[/quote

U have not been to Enugu.
Pls don't quote me

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by notobs: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Kogi state HAS A BRAND NEW POWER PLANT UNDER PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN!

People of Kogi State, has APC lied to you that President Jonathan has not done anything in YOUR AREA?

NIGERIANS, The proof is in the picture below!

President Jonathan has MADE SURE to consider EVERY STATE in Nigeria for his transformation agenda!

If the people of Kogi State RISE UP and ADVOCATE for President Goodluck Jonathan to be re-elected, then ALL OF NIGERIA will PROGRESS!

Nigerians, vote wisely and VOTE for President Goodluck Jonathan's TRANSFORMATION!

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nazeeboy(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Rooneyboy:

We are talking about Nigeria.

grin grin grin
shey Birnin-kebbi no be nija? I think say na Togo we dey talk.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by amanze15(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ilorin is a wonderful city, buh enugu or calabar would also do...
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
haitto99:
try ilorin
chaiiiiiiii! U dey see mind ooo! Ilorin is a place to be biko!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by jayAjoku(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:
OSOGBO. Oroki Asala

Tight security

Good tiled road network

Low cost of housing

Low cost of food

Osogbo is lively......

. Wait oooooo them dey tile Road ??

3 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by EbolaParasite: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
rildwanullahi:
it means u know nothing about Lagos state. There is a place called Lagos whether island or mainland. ( EKO means Lagos )

This is one fight you can't win. I repeat, Lagos is not a state. If you want to refer to Eko, simply say Eko. If the original posting was Lagos island, then its okay. If you say Lagos, you are, were, will be, referring to the state. No need for arguements jare, just accept correction.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
mandarin:
@OP you didn't sound like someone trying to take a decision of life but let me just share with you a piece of advice. If you were to be offered a job that pays like =N=100K a month i will advise you to pick Ibadan. Forget all those mundane things you read about that city, with this amount you will ,live a life of comfort. Don't even dare Abuja if your income is not in the excess of =N=300K if you want to live well. You need like =N=150k in Calabar or Enugu to live the equivalent of the hundred thousand of Ibadan.

Ibadan is not just big for nothing, it has a huge middle class and emerging upper middle class population. I will advise you to throw yourself at it even with 50k salary if you are not married. If however you want to do entrepreneurial activities or trading I will chose Abuja for you on quick returns but mind you cost of living can eat up the supposed gains. I strongly recommend Ibadan for you.
Ibadan is just the best, cost of living is low, standard of living is sensible, there are lots of recreational centres, shoprites, malls nd d likes, good schools are there too, Electricity shud be okay too, there are companies too....nd its very big nd life is cheap too.
I stay in Ife, Ife is toooooo boring, thank God for OAU...
Osogbo is cool too, enjoy maximum electricity with superb road network, there are good schools too nd its a nice place to raise a family.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by zonax(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo

That's what your brain told you.
How can you say that Enugu is full of poor people? Enugu is one of the most prosperous,peaceful and emerging states in Nigeria.
It has also produced many icons in Nigeria (eg. Tuface, Flavour,Bracket,Nkem Owoh,Ojukwu,Ikeekweremadu,Ayogu Eze to mention but a few.
Stop hating

8 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by KelvinC1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
If you are NOT Living in JOS then you are Just on your own.. As far as I'm concern.. Jos-Plateau is a small rehearsal to the real HEAVEN.. #ADOYII
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by RAO1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:
OSOGBO. Oroki Asala

Tight security

Good tiled road network

Low cost of housing

Low cost of food

Osogbo is lively......

100% truth!...... Buh no industries.. ...hotels yapa...
#IRepIbadanOsogboIlorin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One / Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.