Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (49571 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mfm04622: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Kaduna is a nice city to live in. Surprised it is not getting votes.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
mmsen:

I've never been to a part of Abuja that I would consider to be 'scary', do you recall where you went?

I'm no fan of Ibadan but parts of Lagos are beautiful - did you go to Ikoyi? VI? Lekki? Ikeja GRA?

I visited most parts claimed to be the best in Lagos. Before getting to most locations the roads leading there, the environment and other things were unbelievably disturbing to my eyes. I kept asking myself what the Nigerian oil money was been used for. Jeez! cry cry cry cry
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Basdkg(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
kebbi state cos most peaceful in all Africa
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by afolwalex20(m): 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Well, I've gathered all votes!!!

According to you guys, d nominees are: abuja, calabar, ibadan, uyo and ilorin (no arguments)

What tha heck?

Nobody mentioned Abeokuta!!! It's d best
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by haitto99(m): 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
1stola:

Dirty ilorin
dem use bra cover your eye,wen u go there?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nazeeboy(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
mfm04622:

That capital that look like a small town? No better eatery. What is good in Birnin Kebbi?
abeg comot for here jare! Then come see for yourself na.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by haitto99(m): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
afolwalex20:

There is no job in ilorin
says who?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by sniperr007(m): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
temitemi1:
These are the cities of TRANSFORMATIONS! GEJ till 2019!!!
Y must u bring politics to everything tin?r u not tayad.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Shubbylee(m): 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
jimmy4x:

Lwkm.....u no well o, abeg, baba God, I no wan go calabar go serve again....carry me go anoda better place.
me wey no dey take ds eye see fine girls wey set....my eye go don dey chuk anyhow....if dem carry me go dt kind place, my life don finish b dt.

LOL! then u go like serve for Zamfara or Sokoto be that!! If u Nack their babe and dem catch u na die!!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
all4naija:
I visited most parts claimed to be the best in Lagos. Before getting to most locations the roads leading there, the environment and other things were unbelievably disturbing to my eyes. I kept asking myself what the Nigerian oil money was been used for. Jeez! cry cry cry cry

How long ago was this?

What time of year did you visit?

I would like to stress that the problem with many parts of Lagos, the mainland in particular, is due to overcrowding and a lack of regard to proper building maintenance.

The other parts that I mentioned are delightful however.

As for your question asking where the oil money went - a quick history lesson will tell you. Some was spent on Abuja and the rest went into the pockets of Army officials. Nigeria has come through almost 30 years of infrastructural neglect but it's a very different place to how I remember from my first visit in 1999. Much improved, Lagos especially.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by babaowambe: 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
maiduguri,bama chibok, mushin, idumota, orile badiya all nice place to love ad live in
p.s. oluwole too
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by ariyebaba(m): 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
haitto99:
try ilorin.......I saw front page potentials on this thread

thanks.....my ancestors

ILORIN
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by HopeAtHand: 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ikengawo:
Calabar, Enugu or Abuja? Which of these three would you say is the best to live in?

to me these three top the standard of living charts as far as safety, quality facilities, pace of life, and ability to find employment. For example Abuja has the best facilities but the cost of living takes it down a little bit in my eyes because it's unbearable even for the rich.

Well amongst those three, i will pick Abuja anyday anytime simply because the right contacts and connections might lead one to a goldmine.

As per bolded, i dont think there are many employment opportunities in all three aforementioned cities..We need not beat about the bush, its Lagos and PH if you love to chase the money.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ikengawo: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Well amongst these three, i will pick Abuja anyday anytime simply because the right contacts and connections might lead one to a goldmine.

As per bolded, i dont think there are many employment opportunities in all three aforementioned cities..We need not beat about the bush, its Lagos and PH if you love to chase the money.

yeah but money doesn't mean it's the best place to live in. There's more to life than money. Safety, stability etc being among them.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Justicealh3(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
4me i'll rather choice maiduguri.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Menace2Society(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Taylor86:
GEJ d transformer, always teaching APC how to tackle issues

APC where is buharis corpse.
I hope u lose your father soon Amen
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by pazienza(m): 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Well amongst those three, i will pick Abuja anyday anytime simply because the right contacts and connections might lead one to a goldmine.

PH wealth is so unevenly distributed. 1% of the population working in oil and gas companies control the city's cash flow, inflating prices of goods and services for the rest of the population, struggling to earn a living against exorbitant food and goods prices.

Lagos is the city that offers equal opportunities to all, not PH, it's the city to head to, for any hustler in chase of money, PH doesn't come close.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by forgiveness: 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
if it is based on Mercer's Quality of Living survey, the following categories are;
1, Cosumer goods

2, Economic environment

3, Housing

4, Medical and Health consideration

5, Natural environment

6, Political and Social environment

7, Recreation

8, Schools and Education

9, Social - Cultural enviroment

10, Public services and Transportation
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by HopeAtHand: 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ikengawo:

yeah but money doesn't mean it's the best place to live in. There's more to life than money. Safety, stability etc being among them.

Security, pace of life, Stability (stable environment i guess), infrastructures, etc etc are all relative and are open to analysis.

You can get a neighbourhood in Lagos that has the serenity/beauty you enjoy in calabar and the quality education offered in Enugu.

At the end of the day it comes to the finer details as when critically analysed, you find that with your listed parameters there is little to choose between Lagos, Enugu, PH ,Calabar and Abuja..It all depends on locations within the Cities listed.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Theodarl: 12:17am On Mar 03, 2015
pls advise! do u think a medical diagostic center/medical laboratory business can do very well in IBADAN? if yes, please state your reasons
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by HopeAtHand: 12:19am On Mar 03, 2015
pazienza:

PH wealth is so unevenly distributed. 1% of the population working in oil and gas companies control the city's cash flow, inflating prices of goods and services for the rest of the population, struggling to earn a living against exorbitant food and goods prices.

Lagos is the city that offers equal opportunities to all, not PH, it's the city to head to, for any hustler in chase of money, PH doesn't come close.

This post is so Pazienza..A mix of reality of situation and some dislike for PH.

PH cannot offer equal opportunities as Oil and its related business are the backbone of the city.If not the society we find ourselves, how would a graduate of Agric or the Arts migrate to PH and expect to hit it big in an Oil company.

Anyone desirous of striking gold in PH and not into the Oil should get creative and use his imagination to its utmost best..The opportunities abound.Get busy, start something.

I would take an economic city anyday to a laid-back, low-income city as i consider liveability a product of the serenity of my pocket.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by lazsnaira(m): 12:38am On Mar 03, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo
ENUGU STATE, OBODO OYIBO! PLS HAVE YOU BEEN TO ENUGU? NO YOU HAVEN'T! VERY UNFORTUNATE!

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ajorosun: 2:02am On Mar 03, 2015
listenersky:
but are there employment opportunities in Ibadan?

Friend far far far more than Enugu.... Enugu is for civil servant

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by notoriousbabe: 2:20am On Mar 03, 2015
IYANGBALI:
wetin is abuja not too eexpenses?so I was tolded by my friend who lives there. You are here shouting sheneke tongue
iya ngbali soffry soffry o
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Ajorosun: 2:41am On Mar 03, 2015
lazsnaira:

ENUGU STATE, OBODO OYIBO! PLS HAVE YOU BEEN TO ENUGU? NO YOU HAVEN'T! VERY UNFORTUNATE!

Enugu Obodo Oyibo ke? R u taking of Enugu state or Enugu city? Cos Udenu, Udi, awgu I dnt knw wot to called dem.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by holysainbj(m): 3:20am On Mar 03, 2015
OP where is UYO? shocked
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by holysainbj(m): 3:23am On Mar 03, 2015
customized13:
Ibadan ke, remove uyo (it's fast growing but still yet to make the list).
You are so so wrong sad
Wen last u bin there?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by holysainbj(m): 3:26am On Mar 03, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo
Enugu poor ppl? sad
Beta kip ur EGO in check
No hard feelings, ur words dint jst cum out right
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by tpiah01: 4:38am On Mar 03, 2015
what is more important to ask is which town or towns in Nigeria, best position an individual for the outside world, ie what skills are imparted that help an individual to succeed and interact when/if they are outside their comfort zone.

bearing in mind the fact that you will not always be among people you know! Of course its possible but many times its not.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by listenersky: 4:41am On Mar 03, 2015
Ajorosun:

Friend far far far more than Enugu.... Enugu is for civil servant
I didn't type enugu, I said ibadan, read read again

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by spankyflex(m): 5:57am On Mar 03, 2015
customized13:
Ibadan ke, remove uyo (it's fast growing but still yet to make the list).
liar
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 03, 2015
Shubbylee:

LOL! then u go like serve for Zamfara or Sokoto be that!! If u Nack their babe and dem catch u na die!!
Lmaooo....my guy na correct die o, make person no go knack Shekau sister for there cheesy
Honestly, I no even sabi where I want sef, I never even pray about am nd I no ready runs anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / Russians Eating Nigerian Jollof Rice For The First Time / Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.