Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here (769 Views)

OMG!!! Can You Do This? It Is Highly Ridiculous; Photo / HELP! Is There Any University That Offers Aeronautical Engineering In Nigeria? / HELP! Is Surname The First Name Or Last Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here by francizy(m): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
Am trying to write to Eko Electricity Distribution company but am writing on behalf of my mum.

I've done everything necessary but upon getting to the point where I'm supposed to conclude the letter, I got stuck. I've initially said am writing on behalf of my mother, so do I just go the usual way:

Yours Faithfully,
Signature
Name..?

Or is there any other thing to be added there since I've already mentioned am writing on behalf of my mother?
Re: Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here by valmunich(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
You know this is one of the reasons why google is there
Re: Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here by DesChyko: 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
It depends on the content of the letter. If you are writing because she can't do that, you should use her name. But if you are writing because she refused to do so, you should use your own name.

Not that EEDC will be looking out for this, but faithfully should begin with a small 'f'. Don't forget to add the sex in bracket (Mr.) or (Mrs.) at the end of your full name.
Re: Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here by francizy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
valmunich:
You know this is one of the reasons why google is there

If you don't know it, why don't you just free the post na sad

I've tried Google before coming here, so I believe Nairaland has a solution Google doesn't have.. angry
Re: Grammarians/English People. Your Help Is Highly Needed Here by francizy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
DesChyko:
It depends on the content of the letter. If you are writing because she can't do that, you should use her name. But if you are writing because she refused to do so, you should use your own name.

Not that EEDC will be looking out for this, but faithfully should begin with a small 'f'. Don't forget to add the sex in bracket (Mr.) or (Mrs.) at the end of your full name.

Thanks and God bless your ministry!

(1) (Reply)

Upgrade 2015 JAMB UTME Result Is That Possible Or Not? / Uniosun Post Utme 2015/2016 For College Of Agriculture Only / School Of Nursing Akure Admission Form For 2015/16 Is Currently On Sale. Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.