Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Please Help!!! So Confused. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help!!! So Confused. (5272 Views)

A New Job, But Am So Confused / Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! So Confused. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
I studied biochemistry, but I am currently working with an advertising agency (not related to my course), at the end of the month I make around N100,000 from job with little stress, no car nor allowance of any form. I got a new job in a pharmaceutical company as a medical rep, with a basic salary of N80,000 (,N20, 000 of the salary for car policy of which i will be the owner of the car after a while), an official car, fuel and medical allowance, but the job is stressful.

I am so confused because I went for a program recently which will increase my pay in the advertising agency, but still I won't get allowances and the company is still growing in relation to the new company that offered me employment.

Please, can anybody help?
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by bk2020: 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
Its not so easy selling pharmaceutical stuffs oo, plenty whala,and d 80k is with a monthly target which u must meet and there are a lot of drugs in d market now, so the competition is high,you will make money though but not without debts, wats is d name of d pharm coy if I may ask?
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
bk2020:
Its not so easy selling pharmaceutical stuffs oo, plenty whala,and d 80k is with a monthly target which u must meet and there are a lot of drugs in d market now, so the competition is high,you will make money though but not without debts, wats is d name of d pharm coy if I may ask?
is that difficult?

What do you think about the offer?
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by Elypsis(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
menabadoo:
I studied biochemistry, but I am currently working with an advertising agency (not related to my course), at the end of the month I make around N100,000 from job with little stress, no car nor allowance of any form. I got a new job in a pharmaceutical company as a medical rep, with a basic salary of N80,000 (,N20, 000 of the salary for car policy of which i will be the owner of the car after a while), an official car, fuel and medical allowance, but the job is stressful.

I am so confused because I went for a program recently which will increase my pay in the advertising agency, but still I won't get allowances and the company is still growing in relation to new company that offered employment.

Please, can anybody help?
chai! Bro I envy o....cos what I suffered in school to study as a grad of masscomm with a bias in advertising,infact I will leave a 200k banking job to take on a 100k ad agency cos advertising is where my heart lies....infact I won't mind if u can hlp me get a job in ur coy....I will fwd my CV to u bro if I can have ur email, I really need help on this... But all the same u nid to pray abt it and strongly follow ur hrt....find where ur hrt is and take that step...cos u'll excel in what u love doin best than in any other way
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Elypsis:
chai! Bro I envy o....cos what I suffered in school to study as a grad of masscomm with a bias in advertising,infact I will leave a 200k banking job to take on a 100k ad agency cos advertising is where my heart lies....infact I won't mind if u can hlp me get a job in ur coy....I will fwd my CV to u bro if I can have ur email, I really need help on this... But all the same u nid to pray abt it and strongly follow ur hrt....find where ur hrt is and take that step...cos u'll excel in what u love doin best than in any other way
thanks, there's money in advertising but you need to be a certified advertiser. You need to be a member of APCON, you will be a hot cake with that.

I am not a member yet though.
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by Elypsis(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=menabadoo post=31241872]thanks, there's money in advertising but you need to be a certified advertiser. You need to be a member of APCON, you will be a hot cake with that.
That won't be a prob bro, I jst need a platform where I can launch, I was even doin some researches on some products and tryin to prepare a skeletal ad proposal for them bt snce am nt attached to any ad agency and u knw hw an ad agency's profile is important in a proposal...I jst have to forestall them till God
Ans my prayers o...
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by blesseenE: 9:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
I dont normally respond to post like this on NL. But i feel i should chip in something.

I strongly advise you to remain with the advertising company. As a graduate of BCH a medical rep job with a pharmaceutical company is not even the best option now. Even without benefits the advert job is still better (plan and Save). The Medical rep job is a Sales job (you drive around selling/supplying drugs mainly). It has its attendant risk such as accidents, credit purchases, targets to be achieved etc. For now it is not your best option. For you to even compare the two it shows your heart is still with the Advert company. Instead i advise you to apply for the Nestle Med Rep job.... It is contract based. See if you can combine with ur job. When you get a job that is for you, you wont have any atom of doubt.

Wish u d best
Re: Please Help!!! So Confused. by odimbannamdi(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2015
blesseenE:
I dont normally respond to post like this on NL. But i feel i should chip in something.

I strongly advise you to remain with the advertising company. As a graduate of BCH a medical rep job with a pharmaceutical company is not even the best option now. Even without benefits the advert job is still better (plan and Save). The Medical rep job is a Sales job (you drive around selling/supplying drugs mainly). It has its attendant risk such as accidents, credit purchases, targets to be achieved etc. For now it is not your best option. For you to even compare the two it shows your heart is still with the Advert company. Instead i advise you to apply for the Nestle Med Rep job.... It is contract based. See if you can combine with ur job. When you get a job that is for you, you wont have any atom of doubt.

Wish u d best

hi blessing, you talked about applying for the "nestle med rep job". how do i apply for this job?

(1) (Reply)

Helios Tower's Recruitment: Fact Or Fiction? / Literamed Publications Nig Ltd Recruitment For Graduate Trainees All Discipline / Niger Delta Power Holding Company Internships 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.