Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,303 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? (24542 Views)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Ogbaghara: 6:25am On Mar 03, 2015
@op, if u ever miss that opportunity,even devil will never forgive u after finishing the useless NYSC. Many awaiting NYSC wont create this thread if they are in your shoes in the first place. I dont think u live in Nigeria...
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by eromspete(m): 6:27am On Mar 03, 2015
TAKE THE JOB.

Work your service to Rivers, Serve in P/H by all means.

Had a similar situation to yours.

END OF STORY smiley
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by 7footre(m): 6:27am On Mar 03, 2015
Accept the offer and 'runs' your posting to rivers state, when you get to camp, meet your platoon officer in private and tell him/her the local govt you want to be posted to and consider it done... with special arrangement, the devil still sees God... bless you
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by disloman(m): 6:28am On Mar 03, 2015
listenersky:
.and some people have these certs with them for over 6 years without job
U telling me he won't b able 2 get orda jobs?some might nt able 2 get job 4 yrs bt if u knw what u r doing.With those yrs,u get urself upgraded.NYSC cert is a treasure if u knw its value.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Prospero01(m): 6:30am On Mar 03, 2015
First pray that ur NYSC posting is in a remote village. That will help U to facilitate anything U want to do as regards this offer. I bet U if U re posted to one village, U can meet U LI or ZI explain ur challenges to them. They can be receiving some of ur allowee while they will give U every cover U needed. Only that U will always report month end for clearance and go back to PH.
I made such a mistake then and after NYSC stayed @home for four years before getting a job. So wudnt want U to waste a precious one year. Most importantly ask for God's leading because INSTRUCTION is the only way out of DESTRUCTION.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by tomzman: 6:32am On Mar 03, 2015
Op, don't miss that job. The only thing is that you may have to come out clean to them that you are just about to go for service. They would work things out for you if they are really interested in you.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 6:41am On Mar 03, 2015
U must go for nysc first then try n influence ur posting to d company. U need to tell d woman ur nysc status n hw u intend to serve them as a corper first.

My bro job no dey naija ooo do everything humanly impossible to take this opportunity or u will live weep n regret it bitterly wen u finish nysc n didn't get anoda job 5yrs down d line angry

U r in dreamland getting a good job b4 nysc this is almost an impossibility
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Burger01(m): 6:43am On Mar 03, 2015
RedBenson:

What is this one saying? Have you ever heard of "exemption letter"? You sound like someone who does not know much about job and society. If NYSC discharged certificates were the basis for employment into "serious companies" as said by you, then i wonder why people are still roaming the street without employment even with their so called NYSC certificates.

Op, what i'm saying is, such opportunity does not easily come-by in a country like this and if you miss it, pray you regret it in futture. Do all you can to grab that job. Millions are out there dying for it.
Exception discharge certificate. This is mostly for graduates above 30years of age. As long as it is any certificate from NYSC, no problem. Mind you still, no serious company will employ you without one. In my own opinion, I will say to the Op to proceed for the NYSC and engage in professional certifications in his field while still serving. By the time he is done with his service, he has his NYSC plus his professional certification. Now, he has turned out good and very employable. IMHO.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:55am On Mar 03, 2015
am currently serving now and your ppa can also be worked its very seeing work your service to that state then in camp look for someone who can work your posting to area close to the company or better still that person who work your NySC to a particular state can influence your posting to that company but if you are posted to another place tell then to reject you then go that company and get an acceptance letter. or call me I will explain better 08039247443. d company can also write to NySC requesting for corpers specifically you
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by sexyattorney(f): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

I'm in a fix and I need your advice.

I did my IT (Industrial Training) two years ago in an oil company in Port Harcourt, spent 8 months there. Now I'm a B.Tech graduate, going to serve with 2015 batch A of NYSC.

This evening I read a message from my supervisor (back then at the company) that there's an opening in the office that she's about discussing with the division manager to fill me in. She's aware I'm a graduate now, but she doesn't know of my NYSC status (yet).

The opening is actually by July 2015, of which NYSC camp starts on May 5.

The reason she prefers me is because of my experience with the company, even as an IT student back then. A friend of mine that we did internship together in the company is already working there now, and the pay is well into the six figures arena.

The company, from what I've discovered when I was with them, actually prefers employing people that have worked with them in one capacity or the other before, that's why my friend could easily fill in (with just ND, he's even yet to do his HND). And that's also the reason my supervisor wants me there.

I'd initially decided I won't influence my posting, but even if I do, what are the chances that my PPA will be that company? (I'm quite aware Rivers state corps members are majorly deployed to schools though).

I'm yet to discuss this issue with my supervisor, cos I don't have a perfect explanation yet.

What do you think I can do? Should I just say no? If I do, I stand the chance of entering their 'black book'. This company doesn't enjoy people turning down their offers (From experience), hence, they might not accept you in the future even if you apply for a job telling them you've worked with them before.

Mature and practicable advice please. Thanks in anticipation.
Accept the offer, work to be posted to PH. Go to NYSC office in Abj. Then work your posting afterwards. Good jobs are not easy to come by. NEVER miss this opportunity.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by major820(m): 7:00am On Mar 03, 2015
[/color][color=]for me, I will go for my NYSC, better opportunity will come.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Coachwenger: 7:07am On Mar 03, 2015
My dear please let the woman know about it ,and you also try and work it to PH but if it proves difficult you forget it and go for your exemption letter. I am a victim of this same issue and would'nt want you to face same I'm going through now. I served a company as a temporary staff for six years,I was made a staff which I was only 3years when my callup came out,without consultation and enquire I left for Nysc,since when I finished serving till date I'm still in search of a job. Pls dear be wise.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pendusky(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

I did my IT (Industrial Training) two years ago in an oil company in Port Harcourt, spent 8 months there. Now I'm a B.Tech graduate, going to serve with 2015 batch A of NYSC.

This evening I read a message from my supervisor (back then at the company) that there's an opening in the office that she's about discussing with the division manager to fill me in. She's aware I'm a graduate now, but she doesn't know of my NYSC status (yet).

The reason she prefers me is because of my experience with the company, even as an IT student back then. A friend of mine that we did internship together in the company is already working there now, and the pay is well into the six figures arena.

The company, from what I've discovered when I was with them, actually prefers employing people that have worked with them in one capacity or the other before, that's why my friend could easily fill in (with just ND, he's even yet to do his HND). And that's also the reason my supervisor wants me there.

I'd initially decided I won't influence my posting, but even if I do, what are the chances that my PPA will be that company? (I'm quite aware Rivers state corps members are majorly deployed to schools though).

I'm yet to discuss this issue with my supervisor, cos I don't have a perfect explanation yet.

What do you think I can do? Should I just say no? If I do, I stand the chance of entering their 'black book'. This company doesn't enjoy people turning down their offers (From experience), hence, they might not accept you in the future even if you apply for a job telling them you've worked with them before.

Happy Birthday bro! Leave offer today and let's celebrate ur Bday jor! grin

reply my mail Asap!

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by mayorsticks(m): 7:09am On Mar 03, 2015
Do I nid to tell u to accept the offer.life after Nysc is war oo. U can influence ur location,go for d 3wks camp stuff nd talk wit ur ZI . Sometimes good tins come in a very funny way and it takes the wise to apply wisdom. My broda was in d same shoe wit u..his offer letter came wen he was serving in Akwa ibom 3yrs ago to start work in lagos wit immediate effect...d guy accepted it..he liased wit d
ZI to collect certain percent.up till now he works dere n his got d Nysc certificate.It jst d matter of hw you play ur game...Fathersland does nt care anymore ooo

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Edusouls(m): 7:15am On Mar 03, 2015
and when did n.y.s.c discharge certificate becomes a guarantee for securing a Good job in nigeria? What are people talking about? Millions of graduates with n.y.s.c certificates why haven't they gotten a job? Brother collect your job fast,before you regret your life...
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2015
pendusky:

Happy Birthday bro! Leave offer today and let's celebrate ur Bday jor! grin

reply my mail Asap!
lol... thanks bro
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by MRLINGTON(m): 7:24am On Mar 03, 2015
Go get d job..theres a way to work it out...U won't be in d camp buh u're covered
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by budusky05(m): 7:29am On Mar 03, 2015
Me get same probs too back in 2003 when I was to serve too, I got the call from the company I did my IT back in 2000 same PH
My PPA was kogi state, if I had missed that offer then I wonder what could have happened to me now, just take the offer let the rest follow later ok .

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by salisy: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2015
This is very simple issue. Just accept d offer and arrange with ur LGI on all other things. It doesn't matter which state u are posted, as long as u ar ready to sacrifice part of ur alawee this would be foregone issue. Na naija we dey oo! 10k every month for ur LGI is morethan enough to be a "ghost corper".
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pbs4real(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2015
Smartresult:
Guy go for service, go to serve your papaland, Nysc is compulsory, if u skip it now it will affect you in the future.
Leave that job for those who graduated and ready. But remember to #voteGEJout on 28th.
NYSC:now your suffering continues. .dts d meaning. ..dis ur advice get k leg,ow cn u tel him 2 sub a six figure job 4 nysc?bros u wicked,4 dis kain hard nation. .u nid 2 tink am wel. .safe

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by NifemiOlu(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2015
Eat your cake and have it. This is Nigeria.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pbs4real(m): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2015
Coachwenger:
My dear please let the woman know about it ,and you also try and work it to PH but if it proves difficult you forget it and go for your exemption letter. I am a victim of this same issue and would'nt want you to face same I'm going through now. I served a company as a temporary staff for six years,I was made a staff which I was only 3years when my callup came out,without consultation and enquire I left for Nysc,since when I finished serving till date I'm still in search of a job. Pls dear be wise.
odaz shld learn 4rm ur mistake. .enuf said
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by dnawah(m): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

Boy getting jobs now is hard,pray that they post u close and pray for ur ZO to be understanding.after ur camp u can arrange with him and the people of ur primary assignment.u will be going there once in a month and whenever there is head count.pls don't miss this opportunity o.(but tell ur company too)

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by heemah(f): 7:35am On Mar 03, 2015
@ Op, I'm a serving batch B Corp member and I know how it works...Go through the recruitment process and go to the Orientation camp too...Wen u receive ur posting letter, meet with your LGI (Local Government Inspector ) and explain situations of things to him..nIf he is an understanding man, he will allow u go and all u will av to do is come for PV (payment voucher ) signing monthly...Though u will part with certain amount of your allowee monthly...Or better still, influence ur PPA from camp...U will be posted to a place where ur service isn't needed or where ur absence wont be noticed....

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pbs4real(m): 7:36am On Mar 03, 2015
major820:
[/color][color=]for me, I will go for my NYSC, better opportunity will come.
joker,e be lyk say suffer neva meet u. .overhyped nysc. .mtcheew
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by pbs4real(m): 7:39am On Mar 03, 2015
Burger01:

Exception discharge certificate. This is mostly for graduates above 30years of age. As long as it is any certificate from NYSC, no problem. Mind you still, no serious company will employ you without one. In my own opinion, I will say to the Op to proceed for the NYSC and engage in professional certifications in his field while still serving. By the time he is done with his service, he has his NYSC plus his professional certification. Now, he has turned out good and very employable. IMHO.
ma guy stp saying dis nah,u knw ow many persons hv dt same certificatn, dnt u knw we hv millions of graduate parambulating. .let dt guy go 4 his job. .dts d rite tin 2 do.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by sagbar(m): 7:43am On Mar 03, 2015
U can work ur posting to Rivers state or any other state close to Rivers...just liase with your LI and go for Good! But it's compulsory u go for the 3weeks camp,then try to make ur PPA a remote area,try to avoid the city.U can even talk to some official in the camp and they will post you to one remote area that has a 'soft LI' that won't give u any problem at all..Also note that they do change LIs anyhow bt ur previous LI can always hand u over to the succedding LI....dnt miss ur job bro...I'm serving nw in Ekiti bt working in Lagos...na to go for my clearance once in a month

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Burger01(m): 7:43am On Mar 03, 2015
pbs4real:
ma guy stp saying dis nah,u knw ow many persons hv dt same certificatn, dnt u knw we hv millions of graduate parambulating. .let dt guy go 4 his job. .dts d rite tin 2 do.
Ok. So, when will he go for his NYSC
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Burger01(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2015
dannio:
Pls take the job and wave your ppa nysc collect your exemption certificate.
On what ground will collect exemption certificate?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by ugocugochin(m): 7:50am On Mar 03, 2015
Since u don't knw wat to do.........my advice 4u is 4u 2 die lipsrsealed angry
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by dandollaz: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2015
ugocugochin:
Since u don't knw wat to do.........my advice 4u is 4u 2 die lipsrsealed angry
i believe you will learn from my experience,i was in ur kind of situation in 2009,after my final yr the company i did my IT called my to resume immediately which i accepted in ph,i tried to work my nysc to rivers as my boss adviced me to cover for me during orientation to resume after camp but to my greatest surprise i was posted to kogi but we were two having same issue at same time the girl own worked that she was posted to rivers not knowing that mine was a blessing in disguise.after camp i disappeared because i payed to be posted outside capital to allow me metamaphors to ghost corper.i can believe the the girl lost that job because some schools in rivers is very strict,the principal threating to report her if she misses herr class again.so my advice is to avoid rivers state rather go for abia state where you can settle ur way out and also close to you.take the job i swear that might be ur opportunity that might take yrs to see again.oluwa be with u.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 7:59am On Mar 03, 2015
budusky05:
Me get same probs too back in 2003 when I was to serve too, I got the call from the company I did my IT back in 2000 same PH
My PPA was kogi state, if I had missed that offer then I wonder what could have happened to me now, just take the offer let the rest follow later ok .
So what exactly did you do sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Globacom Follow-up Interview / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) / Graduate Recruitment at Nestle Plc. - DailyJobsNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.