Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,503 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:44 PM

Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In (34580 Views)

The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by joftech(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2005
According to this report by BBC, Lagos has been cerfified the No 5 worst place to live in. The best place to live in the world is now Vancouver, Canada.

Why do we have to always be in all the bad books, is this a conspiracy or what?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by obong(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2005
Harare is better than Lagos? wow. abidjan, even in the midst of a war, is better than lagos? I really do this there is a conspiracy to make sure africa's largest country remains on its knees and never raises up in the world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by adesodgi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2005
na lie,all that one na jagon,wetin dem mean say na d 5th worst place to live in,no be there i grow up....
make them go somalia,afganistan,pakistan,india,e bi like say dey neva reach some area for[b] russia[/b],na rubbish dem dey yarn,dem dey yarn okpata...

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by omon(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2005
How can these oyinbos with terrorist infested cities like london, NY, Spain, etc dare say their cities are better than Lagos? In the report, terrorism was one of the issues - that should have placed Lagos amongst the top 20. It is pure conspiracy - Even Johannesburg rated as the crime capital of the world is not there... useless report.

It is just like the programme on Sky Travels on Lagos Airport - that film was shot during the time of Abacha and does not reflect the present day status of the airport. I iguess these white journalists will never be ok, if they don't talk about corruption and all that rubbish whenever they talk of issues relating to Nigeria. It is sickening - You need to watch this programme to know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by angelak(f): 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2005
I agree with BBC, Lagos is definitely one of the worst places to live in. Just check out the crazy go-slows also the high rate of crime! Talkless of its dirtiness, over population and water,air & noise population.

Well Lagos has some good sides. There is so much fun to catch, consumer products are cheap and alot of opportunities are available. But i still think it's a horrible place to live. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by NSNA: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2005
dudes, if you want to belive in the progress of Africa, never post such topic on an unwinding site such as Nairaland. also for your own good never listen or take serious what the west has to say.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by otokx(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2005
i don't know why we nigerian fall for cheap rubbish from the western imperialists. We should open our eyes are see beyond our noses.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by SirKay3(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2005
I totally disagree with that o.

Haba BBC again?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by adesodgi(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2005
Seun:

I also agree that Lagos is a terrible place to live.

You spend 2 hours every day going to work and another 2 hours on your journey back home - and if there's rain, you spend the whole day on the road. The air is never clean, due to the pollution of the millions of vehicles plying the roads and factories everywhere. You can't sleep at night, because of armed robbers who are no longer content just to take away your hard-earned money - they also want to rape and kill. Nobody has confidence in the police.

What kind of life is that? I don't think I can survive 2 weeks of Lagos life! How do they manage? So I agree with the report that, of all the state capitals [/b]worldwide, Lagos is one of the worst to Live in.
[b]seun you really disappoint me,how can you say such a thing.Appreciate wot ya have,so many people wish dem dey Nigeria,go phillipines na earthquake go kill ya,just leave Nigeria as im be.pmp bone o,naa Nigeria dey rule o...

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Seun(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2005
Sorry o, it's Lagos I'm yabbing and not Nigeria. Lagos annoys me but I like the rest of Nigeria. Sorry, everybody, but we are all Nigerians here and we ought to try to be candid.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Scorpio(f): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2005
*singing* go Canada cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by omon(m): 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2005
What is found in Lagos is not uncommon to cities with very large population.  And when you talk of crime, hello! go to Johannesburg, but that city is never potrayed like that.

The problem of lagos is largely due to the people who live in it, who trash just at any point, drive like they have gone nutts and have no concern for their environment. Every city has its own woes..including london. I was in Trinidad recently, you should see the amount of trourists there, but crime rate there is as high as Jamiaca and people still rush to go there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by WesleyanA(f): 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2005
lagos rocks! it only sucks at night.
i remember this one time my mom's relative came from london and during the nighttime we heard gunshots. you should see him a full growm 22 year old holding my mom like a baby scared of santa clause
i got used to it even though i get scared sometimes when the sound's close to us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by obong(m): 2:43am On Oct 13, 2005
Lagos is the blackest city on the planet and will neve be portrayed fairly in the western media. we shouldnt look for them to do it. The bet thing is just to keep working to make it better. Joburg, Trinidad and jamaica have mixed populations and a lot of investments from whites so they keep it in a good liight, even though he crime rate is worst that nigeria's

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by Seun(m): 9:21am On Oct 13, 2005
Vancouver is the world's best place to live, a survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has found. The EIU ranked 127 cities in terms of personal risk, infrastructure and the availability of goods and services.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm

Only 127 cities were surveyed, so maybe we shouldn't take it too negatively? Afterall, Lagos is not the only city in Nigeria and we know it has problems. I'm not concerned about how the world sees our cities, I'm more concerned about the notion they have that we are corrupt.

If the world under-rates us, it will only make it easier for us to compete in the 'global village'.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by IAH(f): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2005
Lagos might be the worst place to live in the world but Abuja is the best place to live in the world! cool
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by loveth(f): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2005
Hip, hip hurray! No, I disagree.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by tommy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2005
Someone of you never been in Germany? An little old village?? Nothing there No job, no money? Our goverment is only looking for the best way to get money theirselves ( on the shoulders of poor people!!)
Not Africa, not Asia, not South USA, also Germany will become a very poor country when its goimg on this way! cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by EzehM(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2005
I wouldnt live in Lagos even if someone pays me to do so...
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by hotangel2(f): 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2005
This is sad. But anways Lagos is still fun.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by skima(m): 11:36am On Oct 15, 2005
U guys are talking about Lagos... do u mean Eko Idumota..or Mushin..Ajegunle ...ojuelegba?
Wat about Ikeja? if not for the air polution that happend recently. Lagos safe ooo. If u do not steal or go to some bad areas you are safe. i was born raise and still live in Lagos(ikeja).

so if u say you wont survive lagos 2 weeks... (man before a week what u expect will happen).

Not too bad... no terrorism no bomb blast no tsunami.. no hurricane

ha ha na God be our guide.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by omon(m): 11:43am On Oct 16, 2005
Guys, Shouldn't our information department and media advertise this article with the link below.  This article has shown that UK is a more dangerous place to live than in Lagos... Please read on!

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=2095622005

Now compare what the British and American govt have said about Trinidad and Tobago (TT) a country that has seen 4 bomb blasts by terrorists in the last few months with very high gruesome crime and what they say of Nigeria that has not witnessed such events.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/stories.php?article_id=29629

My brother and sisters, there is serious bias

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by omon(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2005
Stop there! what do you mean by 100 terrorists are better than lagos? Apart from the guys apprehended in london, who told you that similar successes have been recorded else where like Bali, Trinidad, Kenya etc... I am not of the opinion that lagos is not bad, c'mmon, it is just like any other overpopulated regions of the world. There is crime in Mexico, NY and other large cities - the only exception might be Tokyo.
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by madam: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2005
at least lagos better pass benin (thief infested)
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by kelvin(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2005
Hry come on, u all are over-reacting. Only 127 cities were considered. That soes not mean there are only 127 cities in the world... Lagos might be the 5th worst of the 127, but definitely not the 5th worst in the world...

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by damygurl(f): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2005
Lagos is like so cool!!! Actually too cool! sure it can be rough sometimes but it's so much fun!!!! i luv downtown lagos. All dat freshly fried crabs, shrimps. yummy!!!!! there is never a dull moment there!! lots of tourist attraction. it my best place to live in Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by joftech(m): 5:21am On Oct 18, 2005
Lagos is like so cool!!! Actually too cool! sure it can be rough sometimes but it's so much fun!!!! i love downtown lagos. All that freshly fried crabs, shrimps. yummy!!!!! there is never a dull moment there!! lots of tourist attraction. it my best place to live in Nigeria!!!!

One man meat, other's weapon of mass destruction.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by loveth(f): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2005
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by WesleyanA(f): 12:20am On Oct 19, 2005
lagos really is cool. if you want, i'll take you to where i live wink.
days only. no nights.  lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by senato(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2005
Who says Lagos is as worst as so many Asian country to live in.

Those living in the right environ in Lagos definately has every reason to prove it wrong. And all u guys who support this fact are never really see to the bias nature of the report irrespective of the number of countries used in the survey.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: The World's 5th Worst Place to Live In by whiteshark(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2005
not true..... lasgidy? no way....

sometimes not all reports u hear is true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Along Benin-Asaba Expressway In Igbodo, Delta Kills 4 (Graphic Pics) / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties / Another Set of BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Passengers Injured (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.