Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (888184 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2015
Una don start to de exchange harsh words again abi? All you mamas and mamas to be with hormonal issues should please take a chill pill,na God i take beg una o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 9:54am On Mar 03, 2015
@ demiiii

Try PG hospital, baltimore, Maryland. Total fee a friend paid was between 6500 and 7000 for childbirth in 2014.
If you're thinking of flying at over 36 weeks, consider Delta airlines, i heard they don't care how far gone your pregnancy is. I can only hope with you that labour doesn't start in the plane.

cheers

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 9:54am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello Acks and Mamanjai, phoenix passport office use to accept any notarised form but while I was ther last year October, they stopped because they said they noticed some fraudulent notarised form so they insisted that they will only accept d one notarised by d US embassy. If you ar goin to apply for ur baby's passport tru d post office, the post office accepts any one but if u re planning to use d passport agency in Tucson then u ll need d one notarised by d US embassy. I don't kno if they av changed d rules again.

U can check my previous post because I remember informing the thread of d news as regards d consent form.

Below is my update from last year October

"Nita2013:
Hello all, pls new update as regards baby's US passport in phoenix. If u intend to go to Tucson for ur baby's US passport and ur hubby won't be with u, pls be aware that they don't accept just any notarized consent again in Tucson oh. D consent must be notarized by d US embassy. Thus this can only be done after d birth of d child.

Someone went there last Monday and they collected all her documents but refused to issue d passport. This they said is been done cos they noticed some fraudulent things been done as per d consent letter.

They went further to state that the embassy in naija would have to send d consent form via email or fax to them. They gave d lady that went d email address and a number to call afterwards and told her once they receive it, they would process d passport

Pls note that this is applicable to Tucson passport center as post office still accepts any notarised consent form.

Cheers"

Acks:
Mamanjai, phoenix ll accept the one from a notary public. Intact my own was a benin brand sef. Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Ok, this is a faceless forum, so will generally ignore some things - but for clarity, sarcasm is not good - see definition below:

"the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, satire, irony, scorn, sneering, scoffing, gibing, taunting; More"

I know some remarks aren't very serious, but they can be misinterpreted depending on mood and individual differences. Let us just be respectful to one other. Some words are just totally vulgar and out rightly abusive.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:12am On Mar 03, 2015
Na wa o. I just siddon dey look argument since morning, just a few hours I left my phone yesterday night till this morning and Biafra war started on this thread. U pple are wicked, I missed the action. Anyway, my own interpretation of the notary services highligthed by Amother4life is that the consent form is free but the seal costs $50. The consent form should be free anyway cos you can print it off the website. So I don't understand the argument yet. If anybody attempt and I mean attempt to insult me this morning ehn, una go hear am. grin
bbaby84:

I'm I the only one that read that consent forms are free of charge at the end....
In case you misinterpreted what I meant, I appreciate people that share but don't make it seem like it's the only way....
We are meant to be mothers or mothers-to-be, let's be civil to one another.
Thank you for sharing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:15am On Mar 03, 2015
To the main matter

Dear house, I still need help o, please help a fellow preggy out:

Atlanta mums (veterans and new), please help.

Can you please give the detailed breakdown like tvegas, please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2015
You yaf come with own abi? Lol. Better enter keke to embassy and notarise your thing joor. grin
mamanjai:
Chai! This thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. And if I say yu pple should come and live wth me in Borno, yu go all run. grin

Please I asked this bfr the argument broke out.

Good morning Mamas, hope you slept well or you are sleeping well at the moment. Please for PHOENIX and MARYLAND mums, which notary consent is still accepted. Embassy or public? Or anyone? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:27am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello e-family,

Biko my own issue is very different and it is the one that is bothering me now, Please where can I get good maternity trousers in Lagos. I thought I could rough it out till I born but all my trousers are refusing to zip or move up again. If anybody insult me ehn... angry
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamanjai: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2015
Lmao! Ok thank you. Was it in Tucson you submitted yours. L Cz I read something few pages back that thy (Tucson) stopped accepting public notary bt thy accept at the passport office

Acks:
Mamanjai, phoenix ll accept the one from a notary public. Intact my own was a benin brand sef. Lolz.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamanjai: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2015
Ooh ok, thnk you. Sorry didn't see yur post bfr I made my last comment wth Acks.

Thnk yu much

Nita2013:
Hello Acks and Mamanjai, phoenix passport office use to accept any notarised form but while I was ther last year October, they stopped because they said they noticed some fraudulent notarised form so they insisted that they will only accept d one notarised by d US embassy. If you ar goin to apply for ur baby's passport tru d post office, the post office accepts any one but if u re planning to use d passport agency in Tucson then u ll need d one notarised by d US embassy. I don't kno if they av changed d rules again.

U can check my previous post because I remember informing the thread of d news as regards d consent form.

Below is my update from last year October

"Nita2013:
Hello all, pls new update as regards baby's US passport in phoenix. If u intend to go to Tucson for ur baby's US passport and ur hubby won't be with u, pls be aware that they don't accept just any notarized consent again in Tucson oh. D consent must be notarized by d US embassy. Thus this can only be done after d birth of d child.

Someone went there last Monday and they collected all her documents but refused to issue d passport. This they said is been done cos they noticed some fraudulent things been done as per d consent letter.

They went further to state that the embassy in naija would have to send d consent form via email or fax to them. They gave d lady that went d email address and a number to call afterwards and told her once they receive it, they would process d passport

Pls note that this is applicable to Tucson passport center as post office still accepts any notarised consent form.

Cheers"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2015
Women and bickering! Tell them to dig it out physically now and you see them throwing soft pillows at each other. Una like quarrel pass fight sha!

To the matter at hand: the IDEAL thing is to get the consent form notarised at the US embassy AFTER the baby is born. And no other info should be added afterwards. The seal used to cost $50, but recently, its been free.

However, some old mamas decided to test the waters by notarising at The High Court or even with a private law firm with authority to notarise. They found that most passport agencies accepted this. The advantage of this is that you can notarise the form before the baby is born and travel with it, leaving out the dates, which should be inputed after baby is born.

This is to enable one quickly apply for baby's passport immediately after birth without having to wait for hubby to do same at the embassy with all the protocol of booking appointment etal. And for the records, this method (notarising BEFORE baby is born and adding dates afterwards) is NOT very legal. Some passport agencies accept it, some don't. Find out what obtains wherever you are headed.

Now that I've given the "history" of notarisation, can y'all stop the "pillow" fights? Tenkue!

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamanjai: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Lol!! Okk ma'am. Na delay after birth, am trying to avoid jare. I hope baby corporates wth our Travel plans And my hubby comes along with it.

Newmum0615:
You yaf come with own abi? Lol. Better enter keke to embassy and notarise your thing joor. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2015
Where do you stay or work? There is one maternity shop on ozumba mbadiwe. There's also one on admiralty way, just after the Lekki/ ikoyi link bridge. A friend also sells clothes, her website is questworld.com.ng

Newmum0615:
Hello e-family,

Biko my own issue is very different and it is the one that is bothering me now, Please where can I get good maternity trousers in Lagos. I thought I could rough it out till I born but all my trousers are refusing to zip or move up again. If anybody insult me ehn... angry
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2015
With all these fights and name-calling, people will still be asking for who to pair with while making plans. "Anyone going to NY next week, let's us share 2-bed room". My hand no dey o. If person beat you inside room for America, NL no dey o. Una no sabi una selves, una dey abuse like this, if una come see una selves nkor?

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2015
Thank you dear, I work in VI and have checked out Moma on Ozumba, their price na die! I just checked out ur friend's website. I think I will just go with her cos they look affordable. Does she have an outlet I can go and test for sizes?
FinanceFitness:
Where do you stay or work? There is one maternity shop on ozumba mbadiwe. There's also one on admiralty way, just after the Lekki/ ikoyi link bridge. A friend also sells clothes, her website is questworld.com.ng

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 11:02am On Mar 03, 2015
lol on their prices, I just bought 4 items and managed them in my last pregnancy, I repeated them to work a lot - I plan to rock them again wink. My friend's shop is somewhere on the mainland, haven't been there. You can look her up on Facebook and LinkedIn, her address should be there.

Newmum0615:
Thank you dear, I work in VI and have checked out Moma on Ozumba, their price na die! I just checked out ur friend's website. I think I will just go with her cos they look affordable. Does she have an outlet I can go and test for sizes?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by boldbabe: 11:41am On Mar 03, 2015
@ Justwise,

Its time you exercise your powers on this forum. If anyone posts an insulting statement here to anyone, kindly do the needful. This fights here and there arent helpful. Please section 2 of Nairaland rules must be strictly adhered too.

One love house.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by supamom: 11:56am On Mar 03, 2015
Newmum0615:
Hello e-family,

Thanks.

There is a street beside VIO/Road safety at ojodu berger called akinsanya. Straight down you will see a maternity shop on the right(cant remember the name) thats where i bought my preggy clothes

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ajobi21: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good morning my beautiful people of God, please i need help ooo, Does anybody here have a sister whose mummy's sister in law's friend has had a good birthing experience in New Jersey, Spent the whole of last night calling random doctors and hospitals and its not funny at all. An average doctor is quoting 5k while an average hospital is quoting about same...this excludes all other fees. I'm thinking of paying all those Agents to help me look for, but that should not be heard with a wonderful e-family like this. grin I have paid for my flight but still don't have a hospital. please help with suggestions oo. Thank you in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thanks
supamom:

There is a street beside VIO/Road safety at ojodu berger called akinsanya. Straight down you will see a maternity shop on the right(cant remember the name) thats where i bought my preggy clothes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Acks: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
@Nita2013, Ok o. Had my baby in may nd used tucson. Mamanjai, take note grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good morning all.

I cant stop loving this thread. people cant stop fighting, mba. you pray: let there be peace, you will be insulted. it is either people need second and third wives so they have people to fight with or promotions with more responsibilities at work for the fighters that have got jobs and for fighters without jobs i will pray to God to bless them with triplets cos this wahala is just too much for mothers. haba. Some husbands are trying o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nutase: 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
who is willing to sponsor my first childs birth in d us. remember God loves acheerful giver wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Vineb: 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nutase:
who is willing to sponsor my first childs birth in d us. remember God loves acheerful giver wink

Me Me Me........lol. No be only sponsor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Larondoo22: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
justwise:
Please enough war of words here, not nice to have pages of posts full of nothing useful.
Thank you ooo justwise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello my people, Please a quick question to those who wrote letter to the embassy, Please what was your means of writing to the the embassy?
Email or letter by post? Please also if you can help with address to the means used. Awaiting response pleasee. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
Email - lagosniv@state.gov.

DeeandGLady:
Hello my people, Please a quick question to those who wrote letter to the embassy, Please what was your means of writing to the the embassy?
Email or letter by post? Please also if you can help with address to the means used. Awaiting response pleasee. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Email - lagosniv@state.gov.

@FinanceFitness, Thank you so much, God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pepeflavor: 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello everyone,

Anyone using (or have) Wyckoff heights medical center? Also, has any preggy mom here used arik air to NY? Please share your experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TeesMom: 1:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello House,

some research i found.

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750
Forgot to ask what the drs fee for giving epi is.

Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Has anyone used this hospital? would really like a feedback.

Any Sept/ Oct mums in the house?

Research continues........ also got some info for a hospital in chicago will post soon.

I hope im not crossing the line Mr Justwise.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
AMEN
mabels:
Good morning all.

I cant stop loving this thread. people cant stop fighting, mba. you pray: let there be peace, you will be insulted. it is either people need second and third wives so they have people to fight with or promotions with more responsibilities at work for the fighters that have got jobs and for fighters without jobs i will pray to God to bless them with triplets cos this wahala is just too much for mothers. haba. Some husbands are trying o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
[quote author=TeesMom post=31261605]Hello House,

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750 Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Madam, tnx you have done well. please give us Dr. Glenn's contact. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (333)

Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.