Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891554 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 4:43pm On May 15, 2015
zeezahbee:
I live in USA so am talking from experience

Abeg free us with this your I live in the US thingy. Just a year a nd you are forming over sabi. angry

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 5:25pm On May 15, 2015
ifax:

Abeg free us with this your I live in the US thingy. Just a year a nd you are forming over sabi. angry

What is the beefin all about.... lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 15, 2015
ifax:

I don't see anything bad with what this lady has said and it doesn't come across as over sabi at all at all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 15, 2015
ifax:

*rolling*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akwana: 6:56pm On May 15, 2015
Chai badbelle
ifax:

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:15pm On May 15, 2015
akwana:
Chai badbelle
Akwana , I tire oo. I was only trying to note that I have seen people around me use Medicaid and show credibility in what am saying. what's the buggy in living in USA .

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:16pm On May 15, 2015
chloe7:
I don't see anything bad with what this lady has said and it doesn't come across as over sabi at all at all.
Chloe, hormone thing. I forgive her grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:17pm On May 15, 2015
darellone:

What is the beefin all about.... lipsrsealed
Broad day light beef cheesy grin. There's God oo shocked cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:01pm On May 15, 2015
zeezahbee:
Broad day light beef cheesy grin. There's God oo shocked cry cry

Even me sef de beef you! grin
Me too I want to LIVE in US, please show us the way

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 8:03pm On May 15, 2015
nefertitiram:

Even me sef de beef you! grin
Me too I want to LIVE in US, please show us the way
Nefe cheesy cheesy, I dey come Chicago oo. Sey u go host me ??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboztb: 8:04pm On May 15, 2015
Please for mother 's who have included pap in their luggage while traveling to the US, in what form was this pap/how did you pack it? Or is their a form that is powdery like custard?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:15pm On May 15, 2015
zeezahbee:
Nefe cheesy cheesy, I dey come Chicago oo. Sey u go host me ??

Oya na! Just control me anytime! This boredom does not have rival..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:17pm On May 15, 2015
teeboztb:
Please for mother 's who have included pap in their luggage while traveling to the US, in what form was this pap/how did you pack it? Or is their a form that is powdery like custard?

I saw pap in one corner store here, it was in powder form, like Poundo Yam. If you can't carry from 9ja, look out for it in african stores. I am not a pap fan, so I can't even advice on the quality.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Latolly: 9:14pm On May 15, 2015
Dear try INNOVATE1 SERVICES, go online and google them. Cost less than 250 bucks. Let me know if you have any issues. will be willing to help.

baby will be returning to Nigeria; you will need either a> Nigerian Passport for the baby OR a Nigerian Visa to ensure smooth entry> into Nigeria. A Nigerian passport can be gotten from the Nigerian> embassies located in New York, Atlanta and Washington DC; BUT mom and baby> need to be physically present at the embassy to apply for the Nigerian> passport.>> If however, you are not resident in these cities or within close proximity> to the Nigerian embassies; then getting a Nigerian Visa for your baby> would be your best bet. We offer a Nigerian Visa Processing service.> Please see below what you need to know/do if interested in this service.>> Processing takes 2 working days upon receipt of your documents; and once> done will be mailed back to you using the return envelope you’d have> enclosed in your package to us.>> You will need to: 1. Make payment of our fees of $305 into our Bank of> America account. An online transfer would be most appreciated so we don't> get charged; but if payment is made over the counter, please include> additional $10 to cover charges or $15 if payment is ble US Childbirth Services>quote author=dere5 post=33713288

]Pls anyone with the other agents number for Nigerian visa in Atlanta should pls post it,i have been calling Tanko without luck

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:43pm On May 15, 2015
Latolly:
Dear try INNOVATE1 SERVICES, go online and google them. Cost less than 250 bucks. Let me know if you have any issues. will be willing to help.

baby will be returning to Nigeria; you will need either a> Nigerian Passport for the baby OR a Nigerian Visa to ensure smooth entry> into Nigeria. A Nigerian passport can be gotten from the Nigerian> embassies located in New York, Atlanta and Washington DC; BUT mom and baby> need to be physically present at the embassy to apply for the Nigerian> passport.>> If however, you are not resident in these cities or within close proximity> to the Nigerian embassies; then getting a Nigerian Visa for your baby> would be your best bet. We offer a Nigerian Visa Processing service.> Please see below what you need to know/do if interested in this service.>> Processing takes 2 working days upon receipt of your documents; and once> done will be mailed back to you using the return envelope you’d have> enclosed in your package to us.>> You will need to: 1. Make payment of our fees of $305 into our Bank of> America account. An online transfer would be most appreciated so we don't> get charged; but if payment is made over the counter, please include> additional $10 to cover charges or $15 if payment is ble US Childbirth Services>quote author=dere5 post=33713288

]Pls anyone with the other agents number for Nigerian visa in Atlanta should pls post it,i have been calling Tanko without luck

Hi, for INNOVATE, how long will it take for the visa to be ready? is it as fast as Tanko?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:15pm On May 15, 2015
Lmao @ beef. All of u shouting 'beef' (except Chloe) welcome to the thread. smiley pls always heed the advice of the lady because....resident grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 10:30pm On May 15, 2015
ifax:

Na wa o. Please the lady is right no need for beef. Tvegas is the over sabi in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2015
bbaby84:

Na wa o. Please the lady is right no need for beef. Tvegas is the over sabi in this case.

Can't you read? Did you see me replying the lady?. I already made my point and I let it rest. If I felt people are being misled I have the right to air my opinion because it's a public forum,you can't gag me. The best you can do is to share your own opinion.

Most people here won't use medicaid so why should I allow the argument drag on and derail the thread? Abeg free me!

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Deyonsesi: 11:39pm On May 15, 2015
teeboztb:

I took some pap with me and what I did was to drain it very well such dat it was almost devoid of water. Grandma put it in a white sievelike cloth and placed sumtin really heavy on it. Though my luggage was not checked at all, so I'm not sure abt it being an issue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 1:02am On May 16, 2015
Yes, you can include pap either in powdery form or drained to almost devoid of water and put in transparent cellophane/ziplock. I carried like 20kg- 3 different types of Ogi cos that has been my frequent breakfast since I took in.

I had no issue at atl while my bag was thoroughly checked in my absence.

teeboztb:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aadeg: 2:41am On May 16, 2015
titila:
i'm a first time mum going to the us for delivery. pls i need advice on this people that someone sent to USA Birth International in Phoenix Arizona
http://usabirthinternational.com/about.html

i need to know if anyone has used their services and make recommendation.

thank you

They offer the same hospital/doctor package as MIHS. If you don't need the accommodation, transportation, nanny and additional concierge services offered, you can get the MIHS package directly.

@teeboztb
Completely drained wet pap is allowed. It shouldn't go bad during your transit, just remember to add water and place in fridge as soon as you settle in. Lol@Oluwafunkenny who brought in 20kg of pap. I'm sure you found your pap very useful jere:-) :-). At the rate of $5 for a 1kg bag of pap at the Afriq stores, you really saved yourself almost $100! Please o, I hope you are sharing with other preggo and new mums around you. the pap helps a lot during the first week of nursing/lactation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by staa: 6:36am On May 16, 2015
I really appreciate all your responses, I do not intend to relocate from Nigeria yet that's the reason I cherish my visiting visa so I can always travel. Just like someone said the insurance did not accept because I don't have social security no. (By usc I mean us citizen ) am just being careful because hubby wants me to relocate even though I still have the fear of the unknown reservation .can I take some cash to be on the safe side and let them know am paying the bills at the poe and avoid the question of my hubby being a usc or just tell them short vacation instead of child birth .Am making this personal enquiries for my selfish interest because I still have sentimental attachment to my Nigeria .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by titila: 7:44am On May 16, 2015
@teeboztb

I still need other opinion cos i don't have anybody in the US to stay with and the USA Birth International offer accomodation, doctor, nanny, transport, visits to the hospital and others in their package which is about 7k +.
I want to know the genuineness of this arrangement and if it is cost effective rather than going to look for accomodation on my own cos i will be 34 weeks by mid august when i want to travel.
Any other suggestions from those that are in the USA or mum's to be. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 8:29am On May 16, 2015
staa:
I really appreciate all your responses, I do not intend to relocate from Nigeria yet that's the reason I cherish my visiting visa so I can always travel. Just like someone said the insurance did not accept because I don't have social security no. (By usc I mean us citizen ) am just being careful because hubby wants me to relocate even though I still have the fear of the unknown reservation .can I take some cash to be on the safe side and let them know am paying the bills at the poe and avoid the question of my hubby being a usc or just tell them short vacation instead of child birth .Am making this personal enquiries for my selfish interest because I still have sentimental attachment to my Nigeria .

No need to lie that you are going for a short vac when in reality you are going to have your baby. Just tell them the truth that you are going to have your baby and read this thread very well and make all the adequate preperations,like doctor & hospital correspondence etc,and also go with enough cash to convince them at poe that you can pay your bills. Also have it at the back of your mind that at poe they might ask questions like:
What does your husband do? Is your husband joining you? etc

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 8:47am On May 16, 2015
nefertitiram:

grin Where art you chill?

Her hubby most def will be on a form of insurance but she may not be able to access it if hubby didn't add her as a beneficiary.
[s]Pregnancy is already a pre-existing condition[/s], [s]thus most if not all insurance companies may not accept her.[/s]
When she gets in, she should explore the P.M.E program for pregnant women in her state. Using it will not affect her immigration/ green card ambition as a spouse of a USC, but if she goes for medicaid when hubby doesn't qualify for medicaid, it may go into her record and rear it's ugly head when it's time to get approved for a green card.
Just a little point of correction. The affordable care act aka Obama care abolished the pre existing clause insurance companies used to deny coverage in the past So, anybody with any pre existing condition is now covered by the new health care law including pregnant women if health insurance is gotten through an employer or the health care market place.. Details here;
https://www.healthcare.gov/health-care-law-protections/pre-existing-conditions/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2015
staa:
I really appreciate all your responses, I do not intend to relocate from Nigeria yet that's the reason I cherish my visiting visa so I can always travel..

Ok it's good you confirmed that you are not eligible for medicaid. Like @dere5 said it's advisable you say the truth and follow the right process that way you don't jeopardise your immigrant application in the future.

But why don't you wanna get the green card and join your hubby? You must be one patriotic Nigerian o. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:27am On May 16, 2015
Amother4life:

Just a little point of correction. The affordable care act aka Obama care abolished the pre existing clause insurance companies used to deny coverage in the past So, anybody with any pre existing condition is now covered by the new health care law including pregnant women if health insurance is gotten through an employer or the health care market place.. Details here;
https://www.healthcare.gov/health-care-law-protections/pre-existing-conditions/

You are very correct.. perhaps the lady in question can seek recourse to Obamacare but her case is dicy because she is coming into US as a b1/b2 visitor, hoping to convert to a green card holder when hubby files for her. I hope using Obamacare as a visitor will not affect her application. Note, she got the visa as a single lady, the embassy has no record of her marriage to her husband, so using obamacare for childbirth will affect her the way it will affect us, except she doesn't return to Nigeria afterwards, and hubby files for her while she is still in US. Meaning she may not be able to return to US till her green card is ready.
That's why I suggested the P.M.E Program for her, which she can defend when the time comes and will in no way affect her green card chances.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:35am On May 16, 2015
staa:

We all love Nigeria, and have sentimental attachment to it. Look at the big picture here, go to US, have your baby, wait for hubby file for your citizenship, when you get it you can shuttle between Lagos and America 100 times a year for the love of Nigeria.

See this woman that has the opportunity all of us are praying for for o! Ah ah, sad
What is in the Nigeria sef? (Me that is even talking, I'm marking calendar, I want to go home!!! cry )

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 10:37am On May 16, 2015
nefertitiram:

You are very correct.. perhaps the lady in question can seek recourse to Obamacare but her case is dicy because she is coming into US as a b1/b2 visitor, hoping to convert to a green card holder when hubby files for her. I hope using Obamacare as a visitor will not affect her application. Note, she got the visa as a single lady, the embassy has no record of her marriage to her husband, so using obamacare for childbirth will affect her the way it will affect us, except she doesn't return to Nigeria afterwards, and hubby files for her while she is still in US. Meaning she may not be able to return to US till her green card is ready.
That's why I suggested the P.M.E Program for her, which she can defend when the time comes and will in no way affect her green card chances.

You are correct. She definitely doesn't have a social security number either. So, she will be traveling as a visitor and should carry enough funds to make it through POE. She and her hubby can then decide on how to proceed further because once the immigration papers are filled the residency restrictions kick in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:39am On May 16, 2015
staa:

We all love Nigeria, and have sentimental attachment to it. Look at the big picture here, go to US, have your baby, wait for hubby file for your citizenship, when you get it you can shuttle between Lagos and America 100 times a year for the love of Nigeria.

See this woman that has the opportunity all of us are praying for for o! Ah ah, sad
What is in the Nigeria sef? (Me that is even talking, I'm marking calendar, I want to go home!!! cry )

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.