Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891115 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2015
mabels:
[/quote][quote author=mabels post=31447187]
1. Yes. The circumcision was well done.
2. I brought all from Nigeria but repeated some when I came. All covered within the Dr's fees
3. Answered already.
4. Like I said, it depends on your condition.

Generally, don't be shy to ask questions or confirm what is being done and ask about payments before consenting to anything.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2015
slanliz007:
Congratulations @Oresmum on the birth of your little one and thanks for the info. please I sent you a pm. I have some questions I need to ask regarding the doctor Glenn, hospital as well as accommodation. I will be awaiting your reply smiley

I no see mail o. Please resend. I'm still getting a hang of this thing. No vex.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2015
mumcshyn:
gud morning mother i got my visa last week monday.i will be travelling with ETHIAD AIRLINE by 1st week in april pls i need first hand information abt the no of hours for the stop over in abu dhabi and how convinient is it to travel with a two year old on ethiad.GOD BLESS

Hi,
Please check your ticket for the stopover hours.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2015
mabels:
[/quote][quote author=mabels post=31447187]

I was 35weeks at my 1st appointment.

Yes. That's the Intown Suites where I stayed. Its 249 but your 1st payment will be about 3something including a refundable 50 and taxes. Every week after your 1st payment it will be about 289 or so because of tax. Your 50 will be refunded to you at checkout. Also you'll need to get your kitchen utensils by yourself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2015
Popri:
@ Oresmum, pls post the info for Chicago hospital, can't seem to find any affordable one, and I'm an Oct mum as well...
I considering Missouri but have family in Chicago
Thanks

Hiya, I have no info on Chicago.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2015
mumcshyn:

@dere5 Thanx for the info.were you able to book your flight on LOS - JFK route withe them because I can't find JFK on there website.

They definitly fly Los-Jfk route,maybe their promo for that route is over.You can try wakanow.com or travelstart.com.ng,you are likely to get good deals there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slanliz007(f): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2015
Oresmum:

I no see mail o. Please resend. I'm still getting a hang of this thing. No vex.

grin I no vex at all, I also don't really know my way around here that well. Well, you can contact me through my email slanliz@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2015
slanliz007:

grin I no vex at all, I also don't really know my way around here that well. Well, you can contact me through my email slanliz@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Sent you an emai
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamanjai: 10:57am On Mar 09, 2015
Adiahabasi:
:

Joined the fast track queue and an immigration officer told me to be very careful and not change my intended destination(which I had already done i.e Houston to St Louis), cos they had been sending back many pregnant Naija women of recent. Flight was smooth,sat not so far from a rest room,walked round just once during the 13hrs, but kept flexing and extending my ankles,didnt wear compression socks.....but to the Glory of God no swelling. Got to Houston 20 minutes to 5a.m,we were told to chill in the plane till 5a.m when the immigration staff would resume...

Hi Congrats on your Trip. I was wondering if yu could let me know hw much yu were able to reroute your ticket and did yu do it Frm nig or yur called their int'l office. Thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2015
Oresmum:

Intown Suites on Rolling Creek Drive.

Peaditrician cost depends on what they do. I paid 1,500. It would have been less if I was well informed and if I had negotiated well.

Congrats! Please how much is in town suites. Is payment per week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2015
Oresmum:

I used this hospital and Dr Glenn too. It was a nice experience and the Dr is superb. He also accepted my lab work from Naija. There's additional charge for false labour - 200 or so. The hospital also charged 100 for circumcision. I had a baby boy through CS. The only additional cost might arise if you use the hospital's paediatrician - cost depends on services rendered on the child. I stayed at Intown Suites till I delivered due to the distance. It's about 7mins drive and Dr Glenn's office is right next to the hospital.
I'm done and heading home in a few days.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have smiley

Please how much is doctor's fee for cs. Which particular lab tests did you find it necessary to do there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Latolly: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2015
dittobaby:

Please has anyone paid for a selected seat on British Airways and used it? What is the difference between the $27 and $38 seat? How and when does one request for wheelchair and bassinet. Do you pay?
. The two man seats are very roomy and comfortable, better still go online and type in seat guru, type in the airline and your plane type, it will come up with ur aircrafts pictorial seat arrangement. You can see the good seats and no go seats. For me I always go for seat 51or 52. Best seat on hard and most expensive though at tail of the plane. Trick is check in online immediately check in opens. This trick has never failed me. All the best dearie!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 11:33am On Mar 09, 2015
dittobaby:

Please how much is doctor's fee for cs. Which particular laab tests did you find it necessary to do there?

I paid 2700 to the Dr. An initial 2500 and then 200 is payment for an additional Dr to be present during the procedure.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oresmum: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2015
dittobaby:

Congrats! Please how much is in town suites. Is payment per week?

Its 249 but your 1st payment will be about 3something including a refundable 50 and taxes. Every week after your 1st payment it will be about 289 or so because of tax. Your 50 will be refunded to you at checkout. Also you'll need to get your kitchen utensils by yourself.

Payment is weekly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demi2000: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2015
kizluv:

Heliano said I can give your her email, send me a PM.

I have sent u a pm. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babyspice: 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Congrats on you r visa and good luck with your plans,you can get the info about layovers from your flight ticket or the airline website.

As for travelling with a 2 year old , I suggest you carry a bag ( preferably your child's own hand luggage, a kids bag-pack will do). Fill it up with what he/she likes at the moment, i.e favourite activities,ipad/tablet( charger + cable o!!), colouring books with crayons(NOT FELT TIP MARKERS!!!), toys etc. what i do is give a new toy( tiny plastic figurine or anything small) every 2 or so hrs , to keep them surprised.
Also, favorite snack, not food, snack!!! cookies, juice-box or whatever. Diapers for the entire trip, calculate what is used in a 48 hr period. some kids tend to get a bit constipated during travel becos of the chnge in diet, cabin pressure, don"t ask me how i know but it happens. kids Panadol/ibruprofen syrup, thermometer( i have used it in flight it saved me a lot of headache worrying over sudden temp). Change of clothes. not jeans o!! They hard to take off on a small child in a cramped airplane toilet. loose fitting comfortable clothes with a vest underneath for warmth. at least 3 changes will do, these kids can be quite messy.

If you are travelling alone with your toddler, give yourself adequate rest 48hrs before you travel, you will need your energy my dear!!!! transit is a b****, work around your toddlers sleep schedule. i have travelled and still travel with twin toddlers, ALONE!!! it aint beans!!!!!

Finally, plan, plan, plan!!!!

God is your strenght!!!

mumcshyn:
gud morning mother i got my visa last week monday.i will be travelling with ETHIAD AIRLINE by 1st week in april pls i need first hand information abt the no of hours for the stop over in abu dhabi and how convinient is it to travel with a two year old on ethiad.GOD BLESS

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumcshyn: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
babyspice:
Congrats on you r visa and good luck with your plans,you can get the info about layovers from your flight ticket or the airline website.

As for travelling with a 2 year old , I suggest you carry a bag ( preferably your child's own hand luggage, a kids bag-pack will do). Fill it up with what he/she likes at the moment, i.e favourite activities,ipad/tablet( charger + cable o!!), colouring books with crayons(NOT FELT TIP MARKERS!!!), toys etc. what i do is give a new toy( tiny plastic figurine or anything small) every 2 or so hrs , to keep them surprised.
Also, favorite snack, not food, snack!!! cookies, juice-box or whatever. Diapers for the entire trip, calculate what is used in a 48 hr period. some kids tend to get a bit constipated during travel becos of the chnge in diet, cabin pressure, don"t ask me how i know but it happens. kids Panadol/ibruprofen syrup, thermometer( i have used it in flight it saved me a lot of headache worrying over sudden temp). Change of clothes. not jeans o!! They hard to take off on a small child in a cramped airplane toilet. loose fitting comfortable clothes with a vest underneath for warmth. at least 3 changes will do, these kids can be quite messy.

If you are travelling alone with your toddler, give yourself adequate rest 48hrs before you travel, you will need your energy my dear!!!! transit is a b****, work around your toddlers sleep schedule. i have travelled and still travel with twin toddlers, ALONE!!! it aint beans!!!!!

God is your strenght!!!

@babyspice Thanx and God bless for the info and advice

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oresmum:

Generally, don't be shy to ask questions or confirm what is being done and ask about payments before consenting to anything.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=Nita2013 post=31295890]It's not just about informing d embassy dear. Kindly ask ur bff if she declared her pregnancy when she applied or if she wasn't pregnant when she applied.

Yes dear she was already preggie when she renewed her visa. I was even scared that she would be denied but all they did was invite her for an interview to see her financial statement, ask how much cash she was going with, which she had cash with her during the interview. So yes they saw her really obvious baby bump. But that POE was crazy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spykid014(f): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=dittobaby post=31440043]

I really want to pay for comfortable seats (3- including mum and toddler son) where I can stretch my legs cas they swell easily.

You can check seat guru dot com to check your flight seating configuration, so you're certain on which particular seats will be comfy for you. BA economy doesn''t have sufficient leg room o. It's just there. I'll advise you try the bulkhead seats they would be more comfy and no seats reclining in front of you.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Adiahabasi:
Yippie! I don port o.
@ Kizluv i dey hail o, i don land, the extended stay place is so cool, phone battery dead, sockets not compatible wt my charger...we'll talk tmao.
Been so worried oh, thank God your safe. The ministry is moving, lol...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=spykid014 post=31452934][/quote]

hello.
pls am in dat seat guru, am confused o
help a sister out.
couldnt send a pm dnt knw y
can u email me on eochigbo1@yahoo.com tanks or give me ur email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Gd day house!
Pls can someone remind me of who shared abt an accommodation that allows one to use cars or the page? Couldn't find where I wrote it. Tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello House,

Please do i have to get to Atlanta before i can get a Nigerian passport for my baby? I am presently in Dallas and will like to know if there is any agent i can use around there to save myself the cost and stress of flying.

Your contributions will be highly appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lahips: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
shamecurls:
Hello House,
Please do i have to get to Atlanta before i can get a Nigerian passport for my baby? I am presently in Dallas and will like to know if there is any agent i can use around there to save myself the cost and stress of flying.
Your contributions will be highly appreciated

Nigerian Embassy does not use the baby's passport photograph for their international passport, at such I don't think you can use an agent, you have to be present with the child, I remember meeting a man at the embassy in Washington, he came there from outside the state for his passport.
Funny enough my daughters American passport was done with her passport photograph as against the Nigerian own that I had to strive to wake my 2 weeks old baby for them to snap her. pretty annoying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
lahips:

Nigerian Embassy does not use the baby's passport photograph for their international passport, at such I don't think you can use an agent, you have to be present with the child, I remember meeting a man at the embassy in Washington, he came there from outside the state for his passport.
Funny enough my daughters American passport was done with her passport photograph as against the Nigerian own that I had to strive to wake my 2 weeks old baby for them to snap her. pretty annoying.

Thanks alot

Appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maypra: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dear Oresmum, please can you help with Dr's e-mil?
Thank you.

Oresmum:

Its 249 but your 1st payment will be about 3something including a refundable 50 and taxes. Every week after your 1st payment it will be about 289 or so because of tax. Your 50 will be refunded to you at checkout. Also you'll need to get your kitchen utensils by yourself.

Payment is weekly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
babyspice:

God is your strenght!!!

This is super advice! I sure need it. Thanks a lot for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ogbenyalu: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
@shamecurls why get a Nigerian passport for your baby when you can get a nigerian visa in his/her passport its easier dat way then wen u are back in naija u can get d passport. U can do this with an agent. Dat was what we all did back in oct 2014 when i had my baby

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Has anyone heard about ETC, Emergency Travel Certificate and used it in place of a Nigerian Visa??

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Oresmum:

Intown Suites on Rolling Creek Drive.

Peaditrician cost depends on what they do. I paid 1,500. It would have been less if I was well informed and if I had negotiated well.

thanks a lot. @oresmum and @mabels. Hope the environment is busy and there are other Naija mums. Boredom is not a choice here.

thanks for ur reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
lahips:

Greetings shamecurls.
Please if u may. .can u tell me which hospital u used in Dallas as well as their prices and further advice me in accommodation.
My wife is due Sept. .flight tickets bought n all. .buh yet to conclude in hospital and accommodation.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.