Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891126 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2015
greetings ma'am...
really n sincerely, no offence meant and my post was not in anyway a personal attack et al.
i was only trying to bring to notice a trending issue/situation that's all.

plus i am not against HELPING [/b]whereever required, n trust me where i can i go all out to assist.
i am just saying there is a diff between [b]HELPING [/b]and [b]SERVING
furthermore, just trying to advice the newbies (mostly) to endeavour to put in a lil effort to all these our prospecting.
trust me that's the way err-one will rank up to being gurus / veterans and be of HELP to others in the future to come.

peace ma'am Lolly-B... and congrats again on your visa wink cheesy

lollyberry:
@olokings
I don't think there is any crime in someone helping other mum on this forum

That is why the forum was created
At least you too must have gotten help in one way or the other

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2015
you don come again abi...
better go back to ur backyard and finish plucking those ugwu leaf ooh.
shay u know say ur travel date is around the corner, abi u no wan chop better food for amelica...?
na so so spinach, broccoli and some not so sweet vegetables dem get plenty there ooh....lol grin cheesy shocked

firsttymum:
Lollyberry helping has to b defined o. Let's hope people won't come and ask for help to breastfeed their kids abi hubby sef... On a serious note flight now en, hmmmm dey ain't smiling o...

Olokings and gurus
Please help me locate my biro
Help me tell Dr F to accommodate me grin kikikikikikiki
Help me find a hospital in Houston and Texas
My AC won't come on gurus pls I need help
I need help on how I will scratch my back in Amelica

My chest o kikikikikikikkikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bachangel: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2015
lollyberry:
Please I need to book my flight for November as soon as possible

The gurus in the house should help me o
thanks

Im sorry, I tried really hard to stay out of this...but what kind of help is needed here?

You need someone to click search on google for you? Or to decide what route you need to fly? Or tell you the airlines that fly to wherever you're going to? What LadyGuinivere stated, is rather obvious! Infact I interpreted her response as patronizing (as it should be sef)

Do you really need someone to tell you that you need to check Google, wakanow, or individual airline websites Do you

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Oops! This tea needs sugar milk and more milk...

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2015
olokings:
you don come again abi...
better go back to ur backyard and finish plucking those ugwu leaf ooh.
shay u know say ur travel date is around the corner, abi u no wan chop better food for amelica...?
na so so spinach, broccoli and some not so sweet vegetables dem get plenty there ooh....lol grin cheesy shocked
I don pluck finish o.. Remain to slice and dry but I need help to locate my knife and chopping board
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2015
see where our kwarel starts...
oya, simply give me your bio-transmitter id no., and i will immediately task one of my private SPOT satellite to locate whatever you are looking for...
#jamesbondthings cool

firsttymum:
I don pluck finish o.. Remain to slice and dry but I need help to locate my knife and chopping board
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Firstymum o! I de skulking abi spy mode but I fitnt hold masef this morning
Bachangel you are correct. I was being patronizing and stating the obvious mehn!

Lolliberry olokings was right in his assertion. There's a difference between help and assisting indolence. U wanna book a flight. U are looking for promo. Which help do u need? If u type in your search question with google won't u gettit? Or u want another pregnant jobless person to do the work then feed u.
The essence of these threads are to teach folks how to fish and not to fish for them.
Mbok let's not turn nice folks to antagonists by our attitudes
Udo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2015
Lady Guinivere you are spot on!

The thing tire me.

If one talks now, it will be as if one is not been helpful or even being mean.

Oh well. I don't see the trend ceasing though. My own is just to ignore.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2015
You have indeed... Thanks a bunch @favouredmum and @Nasadiva

favouredmum:

In other news, how was Dr Ezekiel? Is the hype of her services on point, and what's her pricing like, and do you have a total package for both hospital, Dr, ped, labs... Etc

Sorry for the 20.20 questions, I'm currently enroute Houston and I'm still in the process of deciding whether to switch from Methodist to oakbend

Oakbend doesn't have a total package. One is billed separately by each physician.
Trust me, you would love doctor ezekiel. I was charged 1900 for VD (scan inclusive) and she charged sumone I know 2500 for CS. As for tests, she wld accept all ur blood work from Nigeria but u wld do jst a few over dere which cost $120. Also ensure you do a HIV test in naija in ur 3rd trimester b4 leaving naija. Dat wld save u some extra cost.
As for the pediatrician and blood work after birth, you would be charged separately which shd cost abt $336 and $155 respectively for no complications. Hope I have been able to answer ur questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2015
olokings:
see where our kwarel starts...
oya, simply give me your bio-transmitter id no., and i will immediately task one of my private SPOT satellite to locate whatever you are looking for...
#jamesbondthings cool

no b small jamesbond o... No worry I don find am grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2015
This section or thread is not that helpful like USA Visit thread. You ask question here and the response " refer u to page this and that. That's why I like Lady G for General, she will answer every question without referring you to either page this or that.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2015
Power rangers are off line or just spying waiting for night to come before coming to defend nothing.

Like anonymousmum said the trend isn't ending.... Ignoring is bliss.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Lmao!!!!!!

firsttymum:
I saw Houston, I saw Texas...

Reminds me of "I've been to london but never to d UK... " "I hate the U.S. Didn't enjoy my last visit.. I branched Houston and it was nice"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2015
allen0000:
This section or thread is not that helpful like USA Visit thread. You ask question here and the response " refer u to page this and that. That's why I like Lady G for General, she will answer every question without referring you to either page this or that.
how do I respond to this now.... Hmmmm
This is a page filled with hormones (or those affected by hormones)
Let's get practical
Someone asks for hospital quotes in let's say Houston, so u expect someone's wife or husband to type the list of hospitals and then the quotes when u can easily refer them to the page where they will get everything and more. And being referred to a page is the person being sweet and nice.
Now to the main ish
This page is not for just visiting the USA
It's for scouting for hospitals, scouting for accommodation, documents for preparedness for the interview, Poe entry requirements and experiences etc
Or u wanna ask how is Houston poe and u expect several jobless nursing mothers and preggy women to come and re type their experiences?
Or e expect them to re type their visa interview experiences. Or Phema shld constantly b online to keep typing and re typing her burden of proof?

I suggest u don't leave here... Pls remain here to answer every question being asked.
YOU ARE LUCKY YOU WERE EVEN REFERED TO A PAGE AND NOT COMPLETELY IGNORED.

I understand kissing ass (no offence) but LadyG is a no nonsense person (judging from her posts)... And she won't answer crappy questions.
There are some questions people come out to answer in different ways even "class of 2014/2013" but some questions are damn right crappy

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Yeah ofcourse... we all would love to have our own PA at one point in time now.. don't we! angry
before you go ahead and conclude how "not so helpful" this thread is, why dont you peruse and get the picture...
merci'

allen0000:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2015
olokings:
you are totally on point.....

trending..:
help recommend hospital
help recommend ob/gyn
help recommend state
help advice on negotiation
help recommend on accommodation
help recommend on "doula"
help advice on document processing
help recommended flight

soon to be added...
help nurse my baby

seriously... lets try and put in a lil bit o' effort to these ventures we take na..
me pleading here.!! cool

Shey you have started cracking me up again abeg o.... This laugh is too much this early. . It's not remote control again, it's now to nurse Hahahaha.
All must be well!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 11:17am On Sep 11, 2015
Hei people, coming to you life and direct from Houston, after a gruelling long journey and stop and check process at POE, but Oluwa was involved. So here goes my experience at POE.

I flew BA, journey be looooooong, @firsttymum be prepared. I'd requested the wheel chair service so they picked us up (me and my mum) and wheeled us straight through to a CBP (what does that mean anyway?)

The CBP of was a nice enough man, at least he said hello with a smile and asked how I was until he saw my bulging stomach, and then his countenance changed. It was the usual questions of what are you here for, what do you do, how much do you have, bla bla bla.... Then he clears my mum and sends me off for secondary inspection, where they asked the same questions (rolling my eyes). Then the CBP goes 'you filled on your form that you where going to NewYork, why are you here? And I said I'm here cos my priorities changed as soon as I realised I was pregnant, and btw I had notified the embassy before they issued the visa that although I had applied to go an vacation, plans had changed since I got pregnant. (I'd used Dropbox). I said all of this in one breath without letting the guy get a word in, I even had a sharp pain in my back when I was done talking. Dude just said okay and gave me my passport back and said I could go.
Meanwhile my poor mama was praying outside, almost wetting her pants cos I'd been in there for over an hour, and she was scared they were about to send me back, but as I said Oluwa was involved and I was confident that they had nothing on me. They didn't even ask for any documents.
They then sent us to some other place cos we had over 10k and then to Agric where another CBP first of all threatened to break our padlocks with some big assed pliers that looked more like a weapon, until I jumped up from the wheel chair screaming at her to stop. We used money to buy the things na. I got the keys out and opened them, she ransacked and scattered and then I think felt a little guilty cos she packed it all back and zipped it up herself and then they let us go.

All of these took just over a couple of hours, a complet waste of time, but I thank God cos it could have been worse.

Now I rest and await my first appointment on Monday. I've gone and booked two appointments, one with Dr Amajoh at Methodist sugar land, and the famous Dr Ezekiel at oakbend, now praying for God to point me in the right direction.

Gosh! Pardon me guys, I'm not a good story teller, and as you can see not the most organised one as well. I'm just glad I got through okay.

Cheers people.... Bleep

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=toparie post=37899456]Hei people, coming to you life and direct from Houston, after a gruelling long journey and stop and check process at POE, but Oluwa was involved. So here goes my experience at POE.

I flew BA, journey be looooooong, @firsttymum be prepared. I'd requested the wheel chair service so they picked us up (me and my mum) and wheeled us straight through to a CBP (what does that mean anyway?)

The CBP of was a nice enough man, at least he said hello with a smile and asked how I was until he saw my bulging stomach, and then his countenance changed. It was the usual questions of what are you here for, what do you do, how much do you have, bla bla bla.... Then he clears my mum and sends me off for secondary inspection, where they asked the same questions (rolling my eyes). Then the CBP goes 'you filled on your form that you where going to NewYork, why are you here? And I said I'm here cos my priorities changed as soon as I realised I was pregnant, and btw I had notified the embassy before they issued the visa that although I had applied to go an vacation, plans had changed since I got pregnant. (I'd used Dropbox). I said all of this in one breath without letting the guy get a word in, I even had a sharp pain in my back when I was done talking. Dude just said okay and gave me my passport back and said I could go.
Meanwhile my poor mama was praying outside, almost wetting her pants cos I'd been in there for over an hour, and she was scared they were about to send me back, but as I said Oluwa was involved and I was confident that they had nothing on me. They didn't even ask for any documents.
They then sent us to some other place cos we had over 10k and then to Agric where another CBP first of all threatened to break our padlocks with some big assed pliers that looked more like a weapon, until I jumped up from the wheel chair screaming at her to stop. We used money to buy the things na. I got the keys out and opened them, she ransacked and scattered and then I think felt a little guilty cos she packed it all back and zipped it up herself and then they let us go.

Congratulations. May God continue to direct our ways in this journey. Have a good rest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2015
Detty16:
Hello NL
I will like to say a big thank you to those people that have helped to answer all my questions....Tvegas, Punch (she's never tried of my pm's and chat), Firsttymum, Financefitness, Olokings, Austine2020, Nwuuyeebuka, beryl15, Popri, bbaby84, shrekandfiona, shelly23.... and to as many that dont get tired of sharing information on this thread...God bless U real big!

Abo mi re o.....

Congratulations Mam on your successful entry....
Shop till you drop (literally).
xoxo

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2015
@toparie

Yeeepeeeeee bae has arrived... Congratulations dear... Oya let d shopping begin o. Can't wait to see you. Ur mum is with that means free food for me lol grin ..... We are houston besties alreadygrin

Abeg no put fear for my body o... As said U get ready... No b small cold catch me... It is well

God is with me Amen

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Toks thank God for mercies
Allen Allen Allen!!! My love why u de comot me for public like this na?! Welcome back ist
But please read my own take on the matter o !
I answer questions but not lazy folks own o. I teach in my spare time and it has been my personal principle not to condone laziness and that the best way to impart knowledge is for the student to research. Mbok these people are helpful and nice BUT questions like
How much bta can I travel with
The website/phone no/email addy for the US embassy (like really)
Hospitals in atl, houston, ny (dealt with a gazillion times)
Is just ...unbelievable for lack of a better word so on this matter mbok I lef u run o! cheesy

Olokings! #PA. hope no be me u de refer to before I tear ur shirt there o!!! grin

Firstymum *blushes at no nonsense person
I feel so honored at power rangers!!! Lol grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
Lol, yes o. Me too hun. Come quick, come quick :*
Don't worry, God's got you, u'll be alright wink

firsttymum:
@toparie

Yeeepeeeeee bae has arrived... Congratulations dear... Oya let d shopping begin o. Can't wait to see you. Ur mum is with that means free food for me lol grin ..... We are houston besties alreadygrin

Abeg no put fear for my body o... As said U get ready... No b small cold catch me... It is well

God is with me Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollyberry: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
@bachangel
Madam ITK
if u don't have any good answer to my question
Then I beg of you to say out of my biz

It's not compulsory u reply all post

E se ma

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
tea time....
take am easy.... no vex too much
we only want the best for ya... cool

lollyberry:
@bachangel
Madam ITK
if u don't have any good answer to my question
Then I beg of you to say out of my biz

It's not compulsory u reply all post

E se ma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollyberry: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks olokings
But you know some mama on this forum feels it's right to insult

It's not really good for the forum
Thanks to the likes of matured mind like you, Tvegas phema on some others who always take their time to help out

I don't really want to derail this thread
So I have decided to stay away

Thanks all

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
never vex go anywhere yet ooh!!!....
you must give us your testimonies complete and add to the NL family info archive...
come and pay your tithe abeg, no form vex leave church after blessings has been shared by the angels [/b]and [b]rangers [/b]oooh wink
recall that only a [b]true
friend will have the guts to punch you in the face when they feel that's to only way to get you on track.
fake dudes will just keep patronising n petting you...

lollyberry:
Thanks olokings
But you know some mama on this forum feels it's right to insult

It's not really good for the forum
Thanks to the likes of matured mind like you, Tvegas phema on some others who always take their time to help out

I don't really want to derail this thread
So I have decided to stay away

Thanks all

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=37900304]Toks thank God for mercies
Allen Allen Allen!!! My love why u de comot me for public like this na?! Welcome back ist
But please read my own take on the matter o !
I answer questions but not lazy folks own o. I teach in my spare time and it has been my personal principle not to condone laziness and that the best way to impart knowledge is for the student to research. Mbok these people are helpful and nice BUT questions like
How much bta can I travel with
The website/phone no/email addy for the US embassy (like really)
Hospitals in atl, houston, ny (dealt with a gazillion times)
Is just ...unbelievable for lack of a better word so on this matter mbok I lef u run o! cheesy

Olokings! #PA. hope no be me u de refer to before I tear ur shirt there o!!! grin

Firstymum *blushes at no nonsense person
I feel so honored at power rangers!!! Lol grin grin grin[/quo

Lady G and G for General, I hail u, I over hail ooo, meanwhile I don come back since and back to my Base, but try put mouth for this, how can you ask question and all u get ' go to page this and that, which is not good, atleast u know as mine own question dey be for US visa section but here no one will even try to answer as it is. Abeg I get question, my wife is pregnant and will be due January. please all am asking is hospitals in chicago or Houston, how the El paso stuff, do u know anything about the above abeg try help me on how to go about all these.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
chief,
welcome back first of all...
in as much as we have librarians, there are references to books and these librarians can buh only give you these references and may be recommended a few books that may/may not give you better insight to the knowledge you seek.

truth is, people have taken their precious time out to type of these experiences, discuss these issues (sometimes not even up to 20 pages away)... now if we/they keep re-answering the same questions, trust me this thread will become stale because all you will have is pages upon pages of the same exact information. there will be no diversity ergo we all should just queue to one specific place.

now when some veterans comes off as being sacarstic (bottom line is hook line and sinker is being handed down to newbies to learn how to fish) with directives, they are simply showing us the way to go about fending for ourselves and in the end you see people coming up with even better new spots and deals that beats what was being posting here before.

the united states is a very big place (as much as if not even bigger than west africa sef) and there are uncharted areas as far as this birth tourism thing goes.

so please do not pick office with our referals and directives to newbies to try and read the thread.

me that i am talking to you have not even clocked in or celebrated any anniversary on this forum / thread sef, buh i took my time to read and understand the logic of the process of this birth tourism ergo my decision not to follow the band wagon.

@newbies, we understand that y'all newbies n stuff, buh nothing beats the satisfaction we get from knowledge sought after and acquired with our own sweat and not being spoon fed. veterans are always here to assist when you find yourself in a hook, buh c'mon, we all got lives outside NL here. so lets give credence where due.

peace to everybody and i am going back to copying firsty's my default response to vague qz.

[quote author=allen0000 post=37902528][/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
bbaby84:

Congratulations Mam on your successful entry....
Shop till you drop (literally).
xoxo
Thanks bbaby

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
firsttymum:
Oops! This tea needs sugar milk and more milk...

Imma get some bagel or waffle to go with it. wink

Cc ;nefertitiram.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
firsttymum:
Power rangers are off line or just spying waiting for night to come before coming to defend nothing.

Like anonymousmum said the trend isn't ending.... Ignoring is bliss.

I swear if they even read the thread they will know better than to be asking for enfamil nursette bottles.

*adjusts baby's neck on my back, reties oja*

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
modath:

Imma get some bagel or waffle to go with it. wink

Cc ;nefertitiram.

You need help with the syrup mi lady? Im at your service

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.