Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891438 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
@Firsttymum
Hello am a silent reader and really look forward to ur post....so u can cry...wud ve loved to see a video of that...lmao...anyways congrats on ur successful poe story....looking forward to give mine real soon...may ur birth process be more successful than ur poe experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
Firsty you have broken record ooh.....
See as ur cry S1E01&02 is bringing silent followers into the light. ....
If not for anything, for this one please kindly honor us with episode 3 so that more silent readers will come out..
Cry reason: u re missing DH.. cool wink

Congrats on ur smooth delivery in gud faith. .iron lady firsty.hehe

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
deeore:
@Firsttymum
Hello am a silent reader and really look forward to ur post....so u can cry...wud ve loved to see a video of that...lmao...anyways congrats on ur successful poe story....looking forward to give mine real soon...may ur birth process be more successful than ur poe experience.

Hahahhahaha Chai trust me u don't wanna see a video.... U might just join me too.
awwwwwww a big Amen to that o.
Ur poe will be beautiful in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
olokings:
Firsty you have broken record ooh.....
See as ur cry S1E01&02 is bringing silent followers into the light. ....
If not for anything, for this one please kindly honor us with episode 3 so that more silent readers will come out..
Cry reason: u re missing DH.. cool wink

Congrats on ur smooth delivery in gud faith. .iron lady firsty.hehe
That's episode 2 and 3. I can't even narrate episode 1... Covers face.
Thanks o and Amen. How's wifey.? Ur testimony is seriously cooking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
Tiwalope:
Good morning people and happy celebration to all Muslims on the thread,aseyi samodun.

Please what accommodation is suitable for someone using West Houston medical centre,i understand soul care is best for people using oakbend,its rather unfortunate that the two plans we made for accommodation have decided to turn upside down,but I know God will surly make way.
Many thanks for anticipated responses on cheap accommodation. Thank you

No, soulcare locations are actually way closer to west Houston than oakbend juts that most people are using Oakbend. There is a mama here using WHMC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=38330979]Oya my story.
Lemme start with medview.

Congrats firstymum!Thank God for success despite all odds
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
firsttymum:

D cry no gree come o... Hahahhahahaah
Thanks jare.no b small cry cry mummy... Chai

Thank God it ended in praise for you. Welcome to America! Wishing you the very best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
firsttymum:
Oya flight time.
My sisters asked me to make up wear A jeans and b smart. The previous day I looked too stressed. My sister followed me that she wanna just eye the woman. Lol

As the woman sighted me, she disappeared o. My sister was already pointing at her. Lol

LOOOL this reminds me of my sister too, who can jack literally anybody up / shout anyone down! Thank God for sisters

Congratulations boo kiss kiss kiss Welcome to Amelica. Next stop born d pikin smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Welcome firstymum, just trials but God's favour supercedes every other thing..
Lufthansa is a big NO for me henceforth, I enjoyed them in the past, but e don do, preggy or not..

Rest well and I wish u supernatural birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damonas: 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
@firsttymum Congrat so happy for you but ur story hennnn I pray I don't fall victim of Lufthansa am flying at 35weeks and its cuz of wat they wrote on their website that's why I am leaving that late would just follow wat u said and get there early. The Lord is our strength on this missionary journey.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hmmm, @firsttymummy, this your story almost gave me heart attack o...thank God it all went well eventually..... its well with us all.... God should just dash me smooth journey o, cos I've gone thru much already.... cheesy. Just jejely prepare for delivery....God is in control...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=0yin post=38270346]So good people,im back to give my testimony.
God blessed my family with a beautiful girl early this month.
Delivered my baby at Northsidehospital, Atlanta.
Experience was wonderful. Bills came in and they were as expected except for a few here and theres.

Congrats dear....pls reply your pm....need some information from you o....pls

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LI(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
My DW went for an interview in Lagos and was refused, see transcript below

VO: Why are you going to the US?
DW: I am going to deliver my baby
VO: Where are you going in the US?
DW: I am travelling to Strafford, Texas
VO: Can I see your Doctor's report in Nigeria?
DW: Yes please, you can have it. (she hands stapled documents that consist budget sheet, correspondence with Dr F, Doctor's bill, Hospital bill and report from Doctor in Nigeria
VO: Have you contacted any hospital in the US?
DW: Yes I have it all in the paper with you and the doctor's report you asked for is on the last page
VO: What do you do?
DW: I am a ---
VO: What does your husband do?
DW: My husband is a ---

While this was going on, the VO never looked beyond page 3 of the set of documents. On page 1 was the budget sheet (15k), page 2 was correspondence with Dr F and page 3 was Dr F's bill. He didn't look at the Doctor's report. Next thing, he seemed to type for eternity and from no where, he gave the usual rhetoric and next thing, hands over the dreaded blue paper.

Pundits in the house should please enlighten on what may have gone wrong as my wife and I both think she did well based on the transcript above.

N.B: I was not with her during the interview, I am financially responsible for the medical bills and logistics and work with a reputable organization. Our first application was refused, we were together and this time, we seemed to think it would boost chances if she applies alone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babaylover: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
somchisom:
Hello house,
In the spirit of giving back. Here is my birth story.
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic dscount for self pay. Got my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354. Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome, everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$ for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$ for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Please one question. The zero balance letter is just a line. Hope this is okay.
Good luck to everyone

Hi,

Pls can you give me the contact details of this hospital I would like to use them if it's possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thank God you got in safe and sound. Remember my own drama with lufthansa they said I was not fit to fly at 23wks because I carry multiples see me see wahala. I even had to go to see one rude German Dr in their hospital in Abuja because I was requesting wheel chair. Lufthansa no be here oh I just pray they don't give us hassles when it's time to add infant ticket.
firsttymum:
I see plenty error in my typing.... Excuse them abeg

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
babaylover:

Hi,

Pls can you give me the contact details of this hospital I would like to use them if it's possible.
awesome package for a cs delivery. ...wow pls send details as soon as possible will like contact them...for twin delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
I just used my stanbic card 220.5 per dollar... Mscheew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
LI:
My DW went for an interview in Lagos and was refused, see transcript below

VO: Why are you going to the US?
DW: I am going to deliver my baby
VO: Where are you going in the US?
DW: I am travelling to Strafford, Texas
VO: Can I see your Doctor's report in Nigeria?
DW: Yes please, you can have it. (she hands stapled documents that consist budget sheet, correspondence with Dr F, Doctor's bill, Hospital bill and report from Doctor in Nigeria
VO: Have you contacted any hospital in the US?
DW: Yes I have it all in the paper with you and the doctor's report you asked for is on the last page
VO: What do you do?
DW: I am a ---
VO: What does your husband do?
DW: My husband is a ---

While this was going on, the VO never looked beyond page 3 of the set of documents. On page 1 was the budget sheet (15k), page 2 was correspondence with Dr F and page 3 was Dr F's bill. He didn't look at the Doctor's report. Next thing, he seemed to type for eternity and from no where, he gave the usual rhetoric and next thing, hands over the dreaded blue paper.

Pundits in the house should please enlighten on what may have gone wrong as my wife and I both think she did well based on the transcript above.

N.B: I was not with her during the interview, I am financially responsible for the medical bills and logistics and work with a reputable organization. Our first application was refused, we were together and this time, we seemed to think it would boost chances if she applies alone.

Pls can you tell us what happened at your first interview? Are you sure it's not linked to dis denial? I never knew vo do demand for doctors report in Nigeria. This visa application do take the grace of God o. Perhaps you can hear the gurus opinion and re apply seriously praying for favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
iolite88:
Thank God you got in safe and sound. Remember my own drama with lufthansa they said I was not fit to fly at 23wks because I carry multiples see me see wahala. I even had to go to see one rude German Dr in their hospital in Abuja because I was requesting wheel chair. Lufthansa no be here oh I just pray they don't give us hassles when it's time to add infant ticket.
my return is with them tho.... So Abeg I'm happy.
kaakaa:
Hmmm, @firsttymummy, this your story almost gave me heart attack o...thank God it all went well eventually..... its well with us all.... God should just dash me smooth journey o, cos I've gone thru much already.... cheesy. Just jejely prepare for delivery....God is in control...
amen. Don't worry urs will be smooth in Jesus name..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bj2012golf(m): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=LI post=38343364]My DW went for an interview in Lagos and was refused,

Hmm, they are at it again, well click on my username and check my posts, we went thru this last year. Wish you all d best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats on ur safe arrival, it's good to know dat despite all, na Godwin. Enjoy ur stay, we await a glorious birthstory.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
uptown17:
sowieee.... dont mind them. God don Pass them
relax, enjoy your stay, and keep us posted on ur amelica waka waka o.. (i soo trust u will)
guess u are porting to Dr. Adaiah Ezekiel abi
God pass dem jare... Will keep Ya'll posted jare.... That one na sure.
bisilola:
[/quote] I give God the glory[quote author=damonas post=38343074]@firsttymum Congrat so happy for you but ur story hennnn I pray I don't fall victim of Lufthansa am flying at 35weeks and its cuz of wat they wrote on their website that's why I am leaving that late would just follow wat u said and get there early. The Lord is our strength on this missionary journey.
Amen..... Thanks dear... I give God the glory o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
twingirls:

Pls can you tell us what happened at your first interview? Are you sure it's not linked to dis denial? I never knew vo do demand for doctors report in Nigeria. This visa application do take the grace of God o. Perhaps you can hear the gurus opinion and re apply seriously praying for favour.

The thing taya me. I have looked at the transcript up and down.
@LI was there any inconsistency between both ds 160 u filled for both interviews?
Did your statement receive a sudden huge inflow?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
@FTM na wa ! But we thank God o! Safe Delivery!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mummy Firsty in Amelika, no more nd dem jor, na all the bad belles dem gather put demselves inside that winshywinshy woman. God dey.

Abeg enh, we await infos and more gists O.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Nogen:

Thank God it ended in praise for you. Welcome to America! Wishing you the very best.
Thanks honey.
LadyGuinivere:
@FTM na wa ! But we thank God o! Safe Delivery!
Thanks jare... No b small wa
twingirls:

Congrats on ur safe arrival, it's good to know dat despite all, na Godwin. Enjoy ur stay, we await a glorious birthstory.
Thanks hon. Truly Godwin.. I will... And amen.
anonymousmum:

LOOOL this reminds me of my sister too, who can jack literally anybody up / shout anyone down! Thank God for sisters
Congratulations boo kiss kiss kiss Welcome to Amelica. Next stop born d pikin smiley
hahahahahha thank God for them... Sisters are loyal to a fault... Thanks dear... Mwuah mwuah
Popri:
Lufthansa is a big NO for me henceforth, I enjoyed them in the past, but e don do, preggy or not..
Popri:
I totally agree... just trials indeed. Amen and Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Apple19:
Mummy Firsty in Amelika, no more nd dem jor, na all the bad belles dem gather put demselves inside that winshywinshy woman. God dey.

Abeg enh, we await infos and more gists O.
ofcourse u will get em... God dey no b small
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
@LI,Sorry for her Denial,but She should have reapplied at Abuja,since u were Denied the first time in Lagos.That lagos people are not smiling at all,atleast Abuja should have considered her first denial & grant her the Visa.
twingirls:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
Marking time to my exit frm US, tanx @ nogen for the etc contact. Got it in a day, overnight delivery.
Got Birth certificate from the vital records office downtown chicago 4 or so days after birth
Applied for passport in the post office was processed in 5days and i received it in 7 days.

Sent all my docs via email to maryland and gor the etc frm naija embassy the next morning.

My american dream has come true! Naija here I come!

This is Nefertiti Ramsey the first queen to reign as pharaoh returning base. PEACE OUT!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 12:20am On Sep 25, 2015
Welcome Firsttymum, been waiting for your gist...lol chai na series film.
Sorry about all the wahala you faced. Rest well and enjoy amelica whilst you await your LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 1:33am On Sep 25, 2015
firsttymum:
They are now in same category with other banks, GTB charged #220 few days ago, access #225
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 2:12am On Sep 25, 2015
Chai !!!@ Fisrty Kpele... It can be so demoralising and stressful having to go back home after a scheduled trip, irrespective of the reason. I have been paranoid ever since after I missed a flight once,
I remember for this trip our flight was 1125pm, and DW couldn't understand why we took off to the airport @5pn lol, I said Ehn I'd rather finish everything and be sitting down and waiting ;DD

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.