Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:16 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (888194 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
nefertitiram:

Will Justwise allow? Lol

I can pm u his details

I don't seem to have any luck with this pm thingy....
Kindly email me...
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
LOOOOOOOOOL!

firsttymum:
I'm just laughing here.... Detectives full this thread..... Hahhahahahhaaha.

The cbp knew in ur 2weeks vacation, you'll visit d Hospital and u'll end up needing rest... That's why he intentionally reduced ur stay to 1 month so that after ur 2 Weeks or so, u will rest an extra 2 Weeks, rest on d plane back to Naija and continue the rest at home on ur bed......

But anyway good luck and keep us posted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
Justwise, isnt the thread getting too long? Part 3?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
firsttymum, you are not well... grin grin grin i couldn't hold the laugh at 'rest on the plane to naija'

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DoVee(f): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
@ozycy, vry certain u were the one I meet yesterday at Dr Ezekiel's office, I Cudnt start a conversatn wt u Cus my uncle that brought me was already late for work.

ozycy:

No, the billing center, it's the next building from doctor E's office, ground floor. Just ask her receptionist or anybody for the billing/ registration dept,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
Bigfido she need rest oooooooo,... Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
DoVee:
@ozycy, vry certain u were the one I meet yesterday at Dr Ezekiel's office, I Cudnt start a conversatn wt u Cus my uncle that brought me was already late for work.
Really? No be only me dey d office naaa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aolatunde00: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
jumman:
file for an extension at least then if u dont get it den u can leave and come back but give it a try first, lets be positive.
Filing at 22wks?nah.i think she should just come back and go again.I filed during my first pregnancy at 34wks and it was a risk.Not getting it means she has to leave the US immediately upon receipt of the refusal letter.
If she doesn't that's automatic 5year ban.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pls house am filling the Ds-11 form and have question on the Ssn no. Is it save to fill it in the form since am using post office.

Pls e look like yeye questions though but I need to do it right

Thks in advance oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
Lollzzz. U ar just somethg else this woman.

firsttymum:
I'm just laughing here.... Detectives full this thread..... Hahhahahahhaaha.

The cbp knew in ur 2weeks vacation, you'll visit d Hospital and u'll end up needing rest... That's why he intentionally reduced ur stay to 1 month so that after ur 2 Weeks or so, u will rest an extra 2 Weeks, rest on d plane back to Naija and continue the rest at home on ur bed......

But anyway good luck and keep us posted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by happymum213: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
I want to appreciate all the gurus in this forum for the great work you guys are doing. I went for my interview today and it was successful. I am presently 34 weeks old and i was very reluctant about going for the interview because i have been denied 4 months ago not knowing God grace was with me..
I got a huge lesson from what i read on this forum and i really want to say a big thank you to all the mama's in this forum..
I am thinking of leaving for Houston as soon as possible, i am presently looking for a an airline that flights directly to Houston. Please i need advice on which airline to use and if there is any other info that could be useful to me.
I would love to leave naija by sunday or monday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
queenestty:
Pls house am filling the Ds-11 form and have question on the Ssn no. Is it save to fill it in the form since am using post office.

Thks in advance oooo
Do u have an SSN? If you don't then u don't need to fill it nah.
Post office? Wharris that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
happymum213:
I want to appreciate all the gurus in this forum for the great work you guys are doing. I went for my interview today and it was successful. I am presently 34 weeks old and i was very reluctant about going for the interview because i have been denied 4 months ago not knowing God grace was with me..
I got a huge lesson from what i read on this forum and i really want to say a big thank you to all the mama's in this forum..
I am thinking of leaving for Houston as soon as possible, i am presently looking for a an airline that flights directly to Houston. Please i need advice on which airline to use and if there is any other info that could be useful to me.
Congrats.
Check www.skyscanner.com or www.wakanow.com

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Thanks. Yes I have.

Atlanta.

LadyGuinivere:

Do u have an SSN? If you don't then u don't need to fill it nah.
Post office? Wharris that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
queenestty:

Thks in advance oooo
You need to fill it in. Don't worry, it's safe.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
Only United airlines flies directly into Houston, but you need to contact them to confirm their policy on pregnant women.

happymum213:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
If you are too concerned, you can use 0000, it is accepted for infant passport processing.

queenestty:

Thks in advance oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracemum: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hi NL family. It's been so entertaining and truly educational reading thru ur posts. Stumbled on the thread some months back and have bn on ghost mode since then. Time for my lil contribution. 

Got my visa b4 discovering our treasured encyclopedia. Was a breeze through. DH &I. Reason- vacation for 3wks. Nothing extraordinary asked. Didn't no was preggie then as d result from d "kpekusing" (#firsttymum I don laf tire) hadn't yielded. So was asked, innocently said no. Granted usual 2yrs. Off we went for vacation, had a swell time& came back. 

Few months after return, well wishers kept prompting to go back for delivery. Discouragement from most family members in d States. Guess dey didn't know how to go bout it. Anywayz, self-help mode activated. 

Hence, I discovered NL. Read thru, learnt a whole lot, etc. (said I wudnt use d default mode response for newbies cheesy).

Made all preparations as advised. Change, no update of intent, doc &hosp correspondences, PTA, fit to fly ........... +prayers. Infact no 1.

Time to port. DH cudnt make d trip. Flew AF on oct4 at 35wks thru MMIA. On getting to AF, lady there advised me not to tell immigration am goin for delivery, asked y, said cos dey usually send people back. Na so I laf for my mind, said to maself, she ain't in d spirit. See the angels on the runway! Fit to fly not asked for. 

Fast forward - smooth journey to Paris. POE was JFK on oct 5, DH& I agreed to carry $9,553 on me as we felt if i were to state above 10k, wud raise eyebrows, hence more ?s. Baby bump aint showing much too. On d declaration form, jus filled worth of foodstuff. Queue wasn't long. Kept "seeing" angels on d runway. #favour cheesy
Met ds white CBP guy.

Me- Gd morning
CBP-Gd morning. How r u doing?
Me-am gud, thank u. Passes docs to him. 
CBP-place 4fingers of right hand, photo. how long r u staying
Me- till after Christmas& new year. (No carry d wks for head jor). Smiling all thru, eye contact too.
CBP-u were here in April, Ђδω long was ur stay
Me- yes, 3wks. 
CBP- stamps moi in. Writes stuff. Hav a wonderful stay
Me- thank u. Sure will.  C'est fini!!! Notin asked. Notin offered.
Na so I waka go baggage claim, den agriculture. Carry enuf food egusi, ogbono, abacha,ground okpa dem plenty. Courier service tins too. Stamped in till April. Lounging in Florida, may be porting to Philly within d week. Wil kp us updated. 

Thank you everyone for ds wonderful thread. Congratulations to al d new mums& dads, expectant mums& dads and LO's. Justwise too for d thread. God bless us all.  

So sorry for d mile long post.  
Lessons learnt- read, jot down, search for info, pray, believe and prepare. It will all end in praise.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
queenestty:

Thks in advance oooo

Put zeros for ssn

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
FinanceFitness:
If you are too concerned, you can use 0000, it is accepted for infant passport processing.

It all depends on the post office. The one we used the guy told us point blank to wait until we received the SSN before he could accept our application. Thankfully it came two days later.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gracemum:
Hi NL family. It's been so entertaining and truly educational reading thru ur posts. Stumbled on the thread some months back and have bn on ghost mode since then. Time for my lil contribution. 

These are the stories that make me smile smiley congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gorgeouswoman: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good evening mamas, please how many months (minimum) bank statement can one take to the embassy for interview?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
happymum213:

Congratulations,try United!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
Gorgeouswoman:
Good evening mamas, please how many months (minimum) bank statement can one take to the embassy for interview?
6 months... It's written on the site
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
Congratulations gracemum... Our stories are similar... I traveled to d US for vacation... Na so the kpekusing click o. Hehhehehhehehe

Valentines day kpekusing... #picksrace I no fit shout.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
queenestty:
Lollzzz. U ar just somethg else this woman.

I didn't do anything na
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
happymum213:
Gist us about the interview na

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marchmum: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hello NLs,

New MTB here.. I have read alot and I am grateful for finding this site.

Answers to a few questions will help.

I Planned to have my baby in Orlando as I have family there, but the cheapest I got is 3500 doctors, 4700 hospital totaling 8,200k (WinterPark Memorial). I am working with a tight budget so I want to make sure I am getting the best and cheapest deal.

I have the option to go to any other city in Florida or San Antonio, Philadelphia and New Jersey (any experience in the mentioned cities or states? Figures will help)

Please please please. I promise to give back with my experience and tips to help other people.

Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by happymum213: 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=FinanceFitness post=38730151]Only United airlines flies directly into Houston, but you need to contact them to confirm their policy on pregnant women.

Thanks, i will do that tomorrow. I am really getting scared with Houston POE interview i have read on this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
@happymum, you have nothing to be worried about - you declared your intention at the embassy and have all your documents right?

You will enjoy the direct flight on the return leg of your journey - not so convenient connecting with infant....

So if you are bold enough and they'll fly you.... Not such a bad idea

[quote author=happymum213 post=38737005][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by happymum213: 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
firsttymum:
Gist us about the interview na

My Dear, the interview long oooooooo. Well when i got there, there was this lady that was busy denying people like she is deriving pleasure from it. I was just praying that i shouldn't be sent to her. It was like a shock when i was called next to her post, fortunately for me, as i got there, she closed her post and ask me to use the next available VO. That was when it became obvious to me, God is in control.

Me. Good morning
Vo: Good morning
VO: Where are you going in the US.
Me: Houston, TX.
VO: Why are you travelling.
ME: Birthing and vacation ( With my long belle)..
VO: I noticed you have been denied earlier.
ME: Yes, i was denied with my hubby because we don't have family travel history together.
VO: Why didn't you declare it in your first appointment you were pregnant.
ME: I didn't know then i was pregnant. VO no gree oooo, he was insisting why will i deny the fact i was pregnant then.
all this while he is tying without looking at me.
VO: Who is sponsoring your trip
ME: Hubby, he didn't ask how much he earn or where he work.
VO: bla bla bla, your visa have been granted, he issued me the white paper. The VO saw the shock on my face when he said that because i was really thinking he will deny me with the way he was asking me about why didn't i declare on my form i am pregnant the first time.
I think everything works out for me with God grace because i didn't really answer some of the questions with much confident.
I learnt a lot from the forum and i can't stop thanking all the forums for the great work they are doing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 12:18am On Oct 07, 2015
Chim O, I don tire for obodo oyibo! (sorry guys, just exhaling... lol). Can't wait to go home o.

Congrats to all with successful poe stories, I wish you all a happy stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (333)

Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.