Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891586 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 4:42pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi peeps, is it okay to have someone host me and go ahead to declare this to this VO or must I book a hotel just as proof that all my expenses can catered for?also, is my host required to confirm intentions to host and feed me for the time?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi Peeps,

Been asking for a hospital in Greeley, Colorado/ North Colorado. Any help please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello All,

Is it advisable to apply for medicaid for my son? Was told that he is entitled to it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Girlmummy:
Hi Peeps,

Been asking for a hospital in Greeley, Colorado/ North Colorado. Any help please?

Colorado is not a popular destination here that is why no one answered. Maybe you can search the web. Then afterwards, read reviews of patients online before selecting the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
shamecurls:
Hello All,

Is it advisable to apply for medicaid for my son? Was told that he is entitled to it?

Thanks in advance

Please don't accept medicaid. Try to use the search button on nairaland so that you can read of other people's bad experiences with medicaid. You may not be able to get a visa to US easily again as it will be deemed that you didn't pay your medical bills because you didn't have money which is contrary to what you said at the embassy and POE

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
shamecurls:
Hello All,

Thanks in advance

Avoid it like a plague

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
justwise:

Avoid it like a plague

Thanks alot.

My friend in Texas still convincing me that my child has a right to free medical insurance in Texas for US citizens. I have read through the thread and have seen different opinions. Some claiming the child has a right to it while some advice one shud stay off
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
QueenPee:

Please don't accept medicaid. Try to use the search button on nairaland so that you can read of other people's bad experiences with medicaid. You may not be able to get a visa to US easily again as it will be deemed that you didn't pay your medical bills because you didn't have money which is contrary to what you said at the embassy and POE

Thanks alot.

My friend in Texas still convincing me that my child has a right to free medical insurance in Texas for US citizens. I have read through the thread and have seen different opinions. Some claiming the child has a right to it while some advice one shud stay off
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
shamecurls:

Thanks alot.

Your friend is only going to get you in trouble, there is nothing like free medical insurance, for the fact that your child is born in US does not mean that the child is immediately entitled to medicare. If you take one then you can as well kiss goodbye to getting a visa to US again, its morally wrong to start claiming even when you haven't paid a penny into their system. Please avoid it and pay your bills.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
justwise:

Your friend is only going to get you in trouble, there is nothing like free medical insurance, for the fact that your child is born in US does not mean that the child is immediately entitled to medicare. If you take one then you can as well kiss goodbye to getting a visa to US again, its morally wrong to start claiming even when you haven't paid a penny into their system. Please avoid it and pay your bills.

To add my 2 cents, it is not all babies that qualify for medicaid, only babies of parents who actually qualify for medicaid, which we don't. I think this category is called medicaid deemed babies or so.

Worst case scenario, if your baby needs medical care, esp when not in your budget, you can discuss with the hosp financial counsellor and come up with a plan on how you will pay the bills over time.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by doublefavour(f): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello everyone, please I've been asking for Dr. La's email and telephone number. Till now no one has answered me. Please help a sister. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ennamore: 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
doublefavour:
Hello everyone, please I've been asking for Dr. La's email and telephone number. Till now no one has answered me. Please help a sister. Thanks

DR La 281-589-0156
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ennamore: 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
doublefavour:
Hello house, please can anyone help with Dr. La's email and fine contact? Kindly assist a sister. Thanks
281-589-0156

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
dunwun:
Hi peeps, is it okay to have someone host me and go ahead to declare this to this VO or must I book a hotel just as proof that all my expenses can catered for?also, is my host required to confirm intentions to host and feed me for the time?
If you're asked where you're going to stay in the US, just give the details of your host including address. Your host does not need to declare anything except your're using an invitation letter from your host, then the letter should state that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
Beryl15:

If you're asked where you're going to stay in the US, just give the details of your host including address. Your host does not need to declare anything except your're using an invitation letter from your host, then the letter should state that.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by doublefavour(f): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
ennamore:

DR La 281-589-0156

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ekweresplace: 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Beryl15:

I sent you a PM

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Wonders shall never end:

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

65-year-old mom of 13 pregnant with quadruplets

http://usat.ly/1FO15zh

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 12:56am On Apr 14, 2015
congrats dear[quote author=Shawbabe post=32627531][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracydee(f): 1:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Girlmummy:
Hi Peeps,

I am currently in colorado but that side is far from where I am. i'm in South colorado. don't really know much about the north side.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:21am On Apr 14, 2015
Thank God o! My son was given visa today. Remember that in my previous posts I stated that my visa was given to me based on vacation after which I sent a change of intent letter to the consular and received the generic reply from them.
I've been so scared that when I take my son for his interview they will use the opportunity to bombard me with questions concerning my birthing in the US. Luckily for me none of such happened.
I and my hubby went together. The security initially insisted that only one of us could go in with our son. I explained to them that I'm the one to go with him since we're travelling together but I can't handle him alone inside ( they could see I was very heavy and struggling to even stand straight). They agreed and let us both inside.
The VO looked surprised to see only one passport passed to her. She asked:

VO: You both have visas?
Us: Yes
VO: Where in the US have you been?
My husband answered this question as I have never been there.
VO: Where are you going with your son now?
Me: Texas
VO: For how long?
Me: Three months
VO: Are you going to have a baby there?
Me: Yes. ( Here it comes. I thought to myself.)
VO: Have you been interviewed on this and presented your documents.
Me: No. I was interviewed based on vacation but I have sent a notification of my change. ( I quickly passed the letters to her.)
She collected them and read through. Then she suddenly stood up and went inside.
I said to myself, ' Oh my God where has she gone to. I hope she has not gone to report me to her superior.) But she was back as suddenly as she left with two sheets of paper.
VO: Your son's visa has been approved. Make sure you get a letter from a doctor and hospital you will be using and all other requirements mentioned here as it will be required at your point of entry ( holding up a medical sheet of paper and then handing the two sheets of paper to us).
Us: Okay. Thank you.

I felt so relieved. Now l feel much better because this also means that it is now in my records that I am going to the US for childbirth.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 4:41am On Apr 14, 2015
Hello,
Please I want to ask this question, is about MIHS.

Is the Appointment Letter sent by Francisca enough for visa interview, as the letter states meeting with Financial Counselor not Doctor.

Please shed more light on this especially people that have used and still using MIHS.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 7:13am On Apr 14, 2015
Call back and book appointment with doctor. They now book both financial and doctors appointment.

When u call, be polite and tell d person that u want to book appointment as a new patient to see d doctor as u already av that of francesa that u want a situation whereby after finishing with d financial counsellor u can see d doctor

segbas:
Hello,
Please I want to ask this question, is about MIHS.

Is the Appointment Letter sent by Francisca enough for visa interview, as the letter states meeting with Financial Counselor not Doctor.

Please shed more light on this especially people that have used and still using MIHS.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2015
When God Created Mothers"
When the Good Lord was
creating mothers, He was
into His sixth day of
"overtime" when the angel
appeared and said. "You're
doing a lot of fiddling
around on this one."
And God said, "Have you
read the specs on this
order?" She has to be
completely washable, but not
plastic. Have 180 moveable
parts...all replaceable. Run
on black coffee and
leftovers. Have a lap that
disappears when she stands
up. A kiss that can cure
anything from a broken leg
to a disappointed love
affair. And six pairs of
hands."
The angel shook her head
slowly and said. "Six pairs of
hands.... no way."
It's not the hands that are
causing me problems," God
remarked, "it's the three
pairs of eyes that mothers
have to have."
That's on the standard
model?" asked the angel. God
nodded.
One pair that sees through
closed doors when she asks,
'What are you kids doing in
there?' when she already
knows. Another here in the
back of her head that sees
what she shouldn't but what
she has to know, and of
course the ones here in front
that can look at a child when
he goofs up and say. 'I
understand and I love you'
without so much as uttering
a word."
God," said the angel
touching his sleeve gently,
"Get some rest tomorrow...."
I can't," said God, "I'm so
close to creating something
so close to myself. Already I
have one who heals herself
when she is sick...can feed a
family of six on one pound
of hamburger...and can get a
nine year old to stand under
a shower."
The angel circled the model
of a mother very slowly. "It's
too soft," she sighed.
But tough!" said God
excitedly. "You can imagine
what this mother can do or
endure."
Can it think?"
Not only can it think, but it
can reason and
compromise," said the
Creator.
Finally, the angel bent over
and ran her finger across
the cheek.
There's a leak," she
pronounced. "I told You that
You were trying to put too
much into this model."
It's not a leak," said the
Lord, "It's a tear."
What's it for?"
It's for joy, sadness,
disappointment, pain,
loneliness, and pride."
You are a genius, " said the
angel.
Somberly, God said, "I didn't
put it there."

Mothers are awesomely made.

#copied from another thread on NL#

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ucheokotie: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2015
please does anyone have an affordable hospital to recommend to me in north carolina?that is where i have a relative i can comfortably stay with ..
also if i was granted a visa for vacation purposes how can i notify the embassy that i now want to have my baby in the US?I am asking because i dont want any issues at the POE even though i heard some people go through.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fatima007: 11:59am On Apr 14, 2015
I have been a silent follower of this thread for a number weeks. And I must tell you that it's been of tremendous help to my journey to the states to have my baby.
This is my 3rd time however the stories I heard scared the s**t out of me. From this thread I learnt confidence is key even though my heart was in my mouth asvi approached the immigration officer in JFK

VO: hello ma'am, what's your purpose of stay in the US
Me: to have my baby
VO: have you made arrangements for that
Me: yes, I have an appointment with a doctor which has been paid for
Vo: how much do you have on you?
Me: told her
VO: What do you do in Nigeria
VO: who will you be staying with
Me: my aunt
VO: how long will you be staying
Me: 3months
VO: Well I'd be stamping you in for 6 months. If that's not enough contact our office to extend it for you (the shocker statement)

And that's how it went. No documents requested. Thank you all for your insight because of it I didn't need to hide my big belly

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fatima007:
I have been a silent follower of this thread for a number weeks. And I must tell you that it's been of tremendous help to my journey to the states to have my baby.
This is my 3rd time however the stories I heard scared the s**t out of me. From this thread I learnt confidence is key even though my heart was in my mouth asvi approached the immigration officer in JFK

VO: hello ma'am, what's your purpose of stay in the US
Me: to have my baby
VO: have you made arrangements for that
Me: yes, I have an appointment with a doctor which has been paid for
Vo: how much do you have on you?
VO: What do you do in Nigeria
VO: who will you be staying with
Me: my aunt
VO: how long will you be staying
Me: 3months
VO: Well I'd be stamping you in for 6 months. If that's not enough contact our office to extend it for you (the shocker statement)

And that's how it went. No documents requested. Thank you all for your insight because of it I didn't need to hide my big belly

Nice, congrats!
Once more JFK grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
urgent help pls, i have seen a copy of letter of intent somewhere but i can seem to see again now that i need one. can anyone help me out urgent please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
hadetola:
urgent help pls, i have seen a copy of letter of intent somewhere but i can seem to see again now that i need one. can anyone help me out urgent please
You can change it to suit your purpose.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by flgd: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hello House,

Please does anyone has an idea of where/how to get cheap ticket to n fro atlanta in May?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Modele35: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
call Delta office or search by urself everyday.. night and day...lol

delta office and emails are: Head, Call Center
Sky Logistics Limited (GSA) - Nigeria
Delta Air Lines Inc.
3B Sapara Williams Close
Victoria Island
Lagos - Nigeria

Tel: 234 1 2799000
Fax: 234 1 2799021
Email: headcallcenter@skylogisticsng.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Modele35: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
please this letter of intent to the US embassy in Naija do u just send to their email? do they usually acknowledge? what email or what address do I need to send it to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.