Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891655 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2015
Thanks dear. Will do
Popri:
Congratulations Chidaroy, I key into your poe experience.. So shall your chilbirth experience be in Jesus name...
Pls keep us posted as we plan ahead.
Enjoy your stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2015
sucre26:
Hi everyone. I got the visa today. Thank you all that responded to my earlier questions regarding to the Birth plan.
I'm in a new dilemma now, ill be going to Columbus, does anyone know any reputable hospital that isn't too expensive? My budget for hospital and doctor's fee is $6k. Thanks

Columbus? My best bet is that you check the internet and call hospitals to ask questions or ask your host there for assistance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by boldbabe: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2015
twinmum:
Hello all, haven't visited d Forum in a while, been dealing with pregnancy wahala. Any ways congrats to all who have delivered May God be with us who are yet to and may he help us carry our babies to full term. My question, I am applying for the medical visa as I am a high risk mum to be, please which should my husband apply for, is it d normal B1/B2 tourist or should he also apply for d medical. Advice pls as we will be filling next week.
Thank you.

He is applying for B2 which represents tourism/medical tourism, though b1/b2 are given together.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2015
Phema:

260k no be promo jare. No be their mate (Delta) dey do the one of 98k? grin
Nonsense people, they quoted 416.10 for me as infant ticket, mcewww, issoria.
Some people recently sent me PM's, sorry I couldn't reply, I am working on override, hands are full to the brim, if it's not a personal question please post it here, otherwise send the email again. ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Good morning my people.
Don't know if anyone can remember my ugly story on the VO that interviewed me during my last visa interview. I have applied to attend another interview for next week. I have moved all our funds into our joint acct as the VO didn't seem too pleased with going through many acct statements. However I am wondering if I should print another statement on my salary acct as the last salary was paid in at the end of the month two days before my interview the last time. I and my hubby haven't received any other salary and I am wondering if it is necessary to print another one or just go with the previous one I went with in addition to the joint acct stmt that contains all our funds. We expect our salary on the last day of the month which is after the interview. @phema & others please help with any advice.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2015
mamacajah:
Hello all, Virgin atlantic is also doing some sales promo to some areas in USA. Please check their website. Catch is you must book by 30th April.
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/ng/en/ideas-lowestfares/london-sale.html

Fares available until 30 April 2015

Economy
Travel from Lagos to
Fares (from) Depart between

London USD 290 20 Apr 15 - 14 Jun 15
Atlanta USD 663 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Boston USD 541 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Chicago USD 663 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Las Vegas USD 708 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Los Angeles USD 708 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Miami USD 663 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
New York USD 541 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Orlando USD 663 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Seattle USD 708 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
San Francisco USD 708 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15
Washington USD 541 20 Apr 15 - 30 Nov 15

Hope this helps someone.

Nothing beats my KLM for 180k grin
hehehehe! But e don pass! Promo ended March 31st
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2015
chidaroy:
Hi all

I got to DFW over 3 hours ago. POP was super easy. Didn't last up to 2 mins

The conversation was simple
I got to the counter,looking very smart and confident. And before the CBP asked anything, I was quick to say "good afternoon, how are you today"
CBP: Great
I hand him my passport and the blue form I filled.
Cbp: why are you here?
Me: for a training and to have my baby
Cbp: when are you due
Me: May..... Next month
CBP :Do you have your hospital correspondence
Me: yes. Passed him printed copy of the document.

He didn't even take a look before he stamped me in for 6 months.

The I get to agricultural, they ask if I have any food. I said yes an quickly pointed at the bag Containing food items. The officer takes a brief look, takes out the onions and said it's only garlic that are allowed in. And that's it.

Lesson learnt : be super confident and friendly. Don't look scared or come off too friendly. That will make them think you have something fishy to hide.

As for money, try to hold a little below 10k. You don't have to declare your money if it's not up to 10k. I had below 10k.didnt declare it and it didn't come up in the conversation. However, when it comes up. Be truthful with how much you have.

Ensure to pack your food items in transparent nylon bags and label them properly. Its a great way to save time at agricultural and avoid unnecessary scrutiny.

I flew Lufthansa and it was super cool. We were fed 4 times and offered snacks and drinks at various Intervals. I had a pack of crackers in my bag but didn't even open it. I hope this helps someone else. All the best dearies

Congrats dear, that was a very sweet one. God's Favour in action

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:02am On Apr 21, 2015
Girlmummy:

Columbus? My best bet is that you check the internet and call hospitals to ask questions or ask your host there for assistance.

There was one non preggie mama that posted Ohio prices on the last thread. Please try to search for it, the prices were not bad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 11:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Terese69:

Hi Olokings,

Going to Dallas with emirates in July too but a few days before you. I have some information and quote on a doctor and hospital in Dallas. You can PM me for the details.

Please have you been able to get any information on Dallas drs/hospitals? I am still searching for options o just in case.

kindly assist with info on doctors and prices in dallas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 11:06am On Apr 21, 2015
MamaTobenna:
So my missionary journey to USA has ended. Got back to Naija yesterday. Baby's passpirt got lost with the USPS but was eventually delivered. I don hang my boots o. Wishing all new mothers the very best

Congrats, you have done well. May our good Lord protect your territory. Amen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 21, 2015
Good morning everyone.

I am new here and I must say that the thread has been very educative so far. Congrats to all the mums and mum-to-be here smiley

I am 15 weeks pregnant and hopefully I will be travelling to Houston or Dallas to give birth. My husband wants me to travel with my mother in law.The plan is that he will attend her interview in Lagos while I will attend my interview in Abuja. My husband will join us 2 weeks to my EDD.

My questions are:

1) In the travel companions section of DS-160 application form, whose details should I add? My mother inlaw or my husband or both?

2) Despite the fact that I and my husband will not travel together, can we have our interview together?

3) Must we have the complete amount needed for my medical care at the time of the interview? I earn between 200 and 300k monthly but my husband doesnt have a steady income as he depends mostly on profit sharing (He is a director/partner in his company). At the time of interview, we may not have the complete amount.

4)Please can anyone send me a sample of birth plan budget sheet used for interviews at the embassy? I will really appreciate it. My mail is zikavonne@gmail.com.

Thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2015
smileymum:
Good morning my people.
Don't know if anyone can remember my ugly story on the VO that interviewed me during my last visa interview. I have applied to attend another interview for next week. I have moved all our funds into our joint acct as the VO didn't seem too pleased with going through many acct statements. However I am wondering if I should print another statement on my salary acct as the last salary was paid in at the end of the month two days before my interview the last time. I and my hubby haven't received any other salary and I am wondering if it is necessary to print another one or just go with the previous one I went with in addition to the joint acct stmt that contains all our funds. We expect our salary on the last day of the month which is after the interview. @phema & others please help with any advice.
Thanks

It wouldn't hurt to get an updated SOA even if there hasn't been any inflows lately. Remember we are trying as much as possible to fill in all the gaps. Your SOA is not supposed to be more than one week old on the day if your interview. Not all VOs mind though.

Good luck with your interview. This time, you will be just fine. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2015
kizluv:

Nonsense people, they quoted 416.10 for me as infant ticket, mcewww, issoria.
Some people recently sent me PM's, sorry I couldn't reply, I am working on override, hands are full to the brim, if it's not a personal question please post it here, otherwise send the email again. ..

Those people no well at all. For pikin wey no go siddon for seat? sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Newmum0615:
Madam Phema, akpali kwa nam. Na condition make crayfish bend so. Infact i go book Delta 1st class tomorrow. grin

Ekenedilichukwu motors first class you mean? cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by smileymum: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thanks. Will print it a day before the interview then
Phema:

It wouldn't hurt to get an updated SOA even if there hasn't been any inflows lately. Remember we are trying as much as possible to fill in all the gaps. Your SOA is not supposed to be more than one week old on the day if your interview. Not all VOs mind though.

Good luck with your interview. This time, you will be just fine. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nonso213(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
somchisom:
Hello house,
In the spirit of giving back. Here is my birth story.
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic dscount for self pay. Got my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354. Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome, everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$ for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$ for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Please one question. The zero balance letter is just a line. Hope this is okay.
Good luck to everyone
please can you send me the doctors email address or the phone number and where did u stay in new york
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Phema:

Those people no well at all. For pikin wey no go siddon for seat? sad
Lol, no office here to pay, if not for information gained through this thread, I for turn to Jones for airport...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
kizluv:

Lol, no office here to pay, if not for information gained through this thread, I for turn to Jones for airport...

How are you going to pay? Online?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nonso213(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
dittobaby:
Thank God o! My son was given visa today. Remember that in my previous posts I stated that my visa was given to me based on vacation after which I sent a change of intent letter to the consular and received the generic reply from them.
I've been so scared that when I take my son for his interview they will use the opportunity to bombard me with questions concerning my birthing in the US. Luckily for me none of such happened.
I and my hubby went together. The security initially insisted that only one of us could go in with our son. I explained to them that I'm the one to go with him since we're travelling together but I can't handle him alone inside ( they could see I was very heavy and struggling to even stand straight). They agreed and let us both inside.
The VO looked surprised to see only one passport passed to her. She asked:

VO: You both have visas?
Us: Yes
VO: Where in the US have you been?
My husband answered this question as I have never been there.
VO: Where are you going with your son now?
Me: Texas
VO: For how long?
Me: Three months
VO: Are you going to have a baby there?
Me: Yes. ( Here it comes. I thought to myself.)
VO: Have you been interviewed on this and presented your documents.
Me: No. I was interviewed based on vacation but I have sent a notification of my change. ( I quickly passed the letters to her.)
She collected them and read through. Then she suddenly stood up and went inside.
I said to myself, ' Oh my God where has she gone to. I hope she has not gone to report me to her superior.) But she was back as suddenly as she left with two sheets of paper.
VO: Your son's visa has been approved. Make sure you get a letter from a doctor and hospital you will be using and all other requirements mentioned here as it will be required at your point of entry ( holding up a medical sheet of paper and then handing the two sheets of paper to us).
Us: Okay. Thank you.

I felt so relieved. Now l feel much better because this also means that it is now in my records that I am going to the US for childbirth.
whats the medical sheet of paper saying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hello mummies,
Please I need a favour oh am a July /August mum,please do we have any Ohio mum to be here, I need doctor and hospital contact, infact any available information I can get will be fine and what is the best possible PoE to the place.
God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboztb: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hi, does the bill from the New York hospital include anesthesia Or epidural?Please can you put contact info up here for those who are interested?

somchisom:
Hello house,
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic dscount for self pay. Got my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354. Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome, everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$ for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$ for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Good luck to everyone

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

Nothing beats my KLM for 180k grin
hehehehe! But e don pass! Promo ended March 31st
I didn't hear of this promo. Am still waiting for awoof promo ticket to buy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
How can one book d BA promo ticket and pls anyoda promo going on? I really need cheap ticket to phoenix
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babysykes: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
bambini:
How can one book d BA promo ticket and pls anyoda promo going on? I really need cheap ticket to phoenix
BA was the cheapest I got : $2989.39( better than almost 500k per adult that was quoted for me when I called delta airline office) for my 14months old son,my mum and I for June to return September. Try different dates and I am sure you will eventually get something reasonable. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboztb: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hi all,

I am in the process of booking an appointment with MIHS for my wife and was advised to contact one of the clinics listed on the maternity package plan agreement sent to me. Please can someone advise on which of these clinics is closest to Legacy suites? Also, is this where the delivery will be taken?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
somchisom:
Hello house,
Hope this helps someone.

Good luck to everyone

please can you send me the doctors email address or the phone number and where did u stay in new york
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
Terese69:

Hi Olokings,

Going to Dallas with emirates in July too but a few days before you. I have some information and quote on a doctor and hospital in Dallas. You can PM me for the details.

Please have you been able to get any information on Dallas drs/hospitals? I am still searching for options o just in case.

Hellos terese69.
Is cool u gonna be in Dallas just sale time as us. Wouldn't mind a look out for you.
Yes I have pm'd u accordingly and will be ready to give quotes and info requested as much as I have.
Godspeed to us all...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Amazing85:
Pls any August mum in the house planning on going the houston route...Kindly holla!

Traveling in August but EDD is September. Going to Houston TX
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 12:07am On Apr 22, 2015
Hello, everyone. Please I need info on an affordable hotel in New York. I'll be staying there for 2 days before heading to Houston. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 12:25am On Apr 22, 2015
I'm gradually becoming an ex member of this thread. when last I read sef grin
so I'm back home and the twins are triple trouble.. hardly have time to hold my phone.

as you all know I had my babies at oakbend. tvegas already posted everything you need to know about the passport and visa. if you are not aware click on his name and scroll all the way down (the man has like a million post already) *hides under the carpet*

for those of you going to Houston, if you don't have means of ttransport a beg no try am. though some say transportation is not that bad but as d ijebu woman I be $7 for a trip of 3-4 minutes drive equals 1400 in Naira... abeg I no fit grin

to cut the boring story short.
Dr. Fagbohun: Christian and a good doctor with lots of experience. Although we all expect one or two things that we don't get but in all I think we should just talk about it. because after series of "drive thru" appointments as someone said in the previous thread, I decided to talk to him about it which I also talked about earlier on the thread. I tried finding out for some other patients of his and members of this thread and was told he now spends more time with them. all in all, if you ask him questions he will reply them well. either by mail or during appointments (according to me and some few others I met)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 12:27am On Apr 22, 2015
Oak bend: there are quite a number of things about the hospital. before I had the twins, I met a lady who complained bitterly about the nurses at oak bend when she came for her pp, but during my own birthing the nurses were great and helpful. everything worked very fine and I went home happy, a lady that gave birth d same day as me had d same story to tell. nurses are different though but everyone has a right to be treated well.

freebies: pampers, wipes, magazines, blankets, baby formula, ice pack, spoonand gift cards. I packed d rest of things from my babies bassinet. d remaining pampers, wipes, caps, brush and comb, but not the hospital blanket.

Accommodation: I used soul care. the advert is on the page.

Visa: tVegas told me "buy overnight delivery envelope" but I went to do ijebu woman and bought priority envelope. the priority cost 5.70 while overnight cost 19.99. it took four days for the passports to get to mr. tanko. I had to beg him to buy me an overnight envelope so I would get it on time. And I'm glad he did

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 12:36am On Apr 22, 2015
now unless you are not travelling early, u can use the priority... like maybe u have one month of faaji. but if u dey rush go house... abeg no do ijebu o. and again I cat guarantee the safety of your baby's passport with the envelope. so its better to use the overnight delivery envelope.
Got zero balances thru mail box

Meanwhile I did not do circumsision there too, I flew B.A and my babies ticket was $322 for each baby. I requested bassinet and wheelchair for my mil and l. My babies started wailing immediately we got down from the plane in Lagos, the heat was interesting, I was almost choking from the air. grin America don sweet me.

Meanwhile for those who sent me mails, I'm sorry for not replying on time or at all. I don't have help at home so unless I see "u have won $5million" or something similar I don't read the mails grin
Goodnight everyone. Have a mission accomplished year

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.