Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891424 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by supamom: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Congratulations. God bless you and your family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:

I got a few discounts. For the Pathology paid like: $70; Hearing Test: $163 (half price); Surgical Assistant: $200. Just ask for a discount, you never know, they may have concessions.

FinanceFitness:
Congratulations!

No, you won't have issues with return ticket on BA, I'm assuming you are referring to your newborn?

You have excellent reviews of WHMC and Dr La, how much did it cost in total and for which type of birth? Please include pead cost as well. Thank you very much

Yes for the newborn baby. Thanks.

I had a c-section.
Dr's Office: $3340 ($2500 doctor's charges, $445 labs, $145 initial visit, $250 ultrasound)
WHMC CS: $4000
Epidural: $1200

The Paediatrics fees are still all over the place now, yet to complie it. The Texas Paediatric have a sheet containing the discounted payments for self-pay patients. They made us see the doctor after a week of birth for fear of jaundice. Thankful she did not have it. Paid for a second visit + 14 day screening test fee. I think there is another visit when the baby is a month old. So far may have paid about $400.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2015
hello house , good morning all
still haven't had any response to my request for contact of affordable hospital and dr in Ohio. pls kindly help a sis who is seriously in need of this inf. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adebrave(f): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Thank God for the safe deliveries Congrats Darling n well done. God blessings shall continually be upon them. Xoxo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adebrave(f): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2015
@Weaseloo

Congratulations on d safe arrival of ur LO. God bless u both. Xoxo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 6:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats to all the new mums and dads! God bless and keep your little ones!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats sayoberry and weaseloo on the successful deliveries of your babies. Wishing you speedy recovery, successful completion of documenations and safe return home.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Acks: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
wow! Congrats Sayo. May the Lord watch over the cuties. Would av loved to claim this blessing but m hanging boots jare. Congrats once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 8:27am On Mar 05, 2015
@sayoberry congratulations oooo,may the bless the family...omg i love twins
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

oh oh. Am so so so happy for you. Congratulations and God bless them much much. And congrats to you too weaseloo, God bless ur family

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2015
My Dearest people,how unna dey,i cant seem to just keep my eyes of the thread,for the expectants mothers ,may God make it easy,for us all may GOD continue to be with us all.

Hmmm where do i start,this is a word of caution for those who have delivered,and those waiting also ,never trust anyone,either friends or family members with your child social security,yersterday a long lost family member called me after all the greetings ,i was shocked when he told me that have i heard about tax refund for my baby i said yes,he was like you cant apply from Nigeria for it,i told him i dont need it, its for my baby when she grows up she can take care of herself,the next thing was like the money would just be with the american government,because i was already getting angry i jokingly told him that its fantastic as it would grow interest with them,When he asked me to send the social security number and other stuffs so that he can be helping to file for it was when i decided the strategy on no network on my phone,have presently barred his number.

People can be very funny when it comes to money.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 8:42am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:
Praise God with me my people. My daughter's delivery was very successful! Dr. La is a great doctor and the hospital staff were superb. It is a world of difference between the birth of my first at Park Plaza Hospital and this experience. When you walk into WHMC you would think it was a hotel, beautiful.
I dealt with two ladies on accommodation issue, though I ended up not using either because I am renting/leasing. But the two Soul Care and Pampered Care I would say are kind and very serious minded. The locations and setting they had did not work for me.
I also came here to ask for a car rental service. Again, I ended up not renting a car. Someone was recommended to me. He basically drove me around to where ever I needed to go at an agreed cost which was cheaper than Uber and of course the Yellow Cab. I would use him if I have to go somewhere far and then use Uber for nearer journeys. I met a few Nigerians using the Uber service, one of them prayed for me and baby. Really interesting. There was one Uber driver that carried me from walmart. The guy simply opened his truck and started the journey. He did not even bother to help me load my shopping into his truck. You will meet all sorts! The variety is what interests me. I also met one Mohammed from Afghanistan. If I tell you I was not scared, I will be joking. I simply kept my cool till I got to my destination & just thanked my God! Lol.
I got a few discounts. For the Pathology paid like: $70; Hearing Test: $163 (half price); Surgical Assistant: $200. Just ask for a discount, you never know, they may have concessions.
Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience or not?
sayoberry:
Congratulation!!!! God's guidance and protection.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Goldenheart88(f): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Hayyyyy congratulations my fellow twin mama! Thanking God for safe deliveries.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fruitfull1: 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Congratulations iya ibeji and weaseloo.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Goldenheart88(f): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:
Praise God with me my people. My daughter's delivery was very successful! Dr. La is a great doctor and the hospital staff were superb. It is a world of difference between the birth of my first at Park Plaza Hospital and this experience. When you walk into WHMC you would think it was a hotel, beautiful.

I dealt with two ladies on accommodation issue, though I ended up not using either because I am renting/leasing. But the two Soul Care and Pampered Care I would say are kind and very serious minded. The locations and setting they had did not work for me.

I also came here to ask for a car rental service. Again, I ended up not renting a car. Someone was recommended to me. He basically drove me around to where ever I needed to go at an agreed cost which was cheaper than Uber and of course the Yellow Cab. I would use him if I have to go somewhere far and then use Uber for nearer journeys. I met a few Nigerians using the Uber service, one of them prayed for me and baby. Really interesting. There was one Uber driver that carried me from walmart. The guy simply opened his truck and started the journey. He did not even bother to help me load my shopping into his truck. You will meet all sorts! The variety is what interests me. I also met one Mohammed from Afghanistan. If I tell you I was not scared, I will be joking. I simply kept my cool till I got to my destination & just thanked my God! Lol.

Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience or not?

Congratulations to you and your little one. Thank God for safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2015
Yaaaay!!! Thank God. Boy and girl. So coooooool. Are we locking up or soon to be on another missionary journey like Tvegas, Phema and PrinceAdeAde grin
sayoberry:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Goldenheart88(f): 9:15am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:

Yes for the newborn baby. Thanks.

I had a c-section.
Dr's Office: $3340 ($2500 doctor's charges, $445 labs, $145 initial visit, $250 ultrasound)
WHMC CS: $4000
Epidural: $1200

The Paediatrics fees are still all over the place now, yet to complie it. The Texas Paediatric have a sheet containing the discounted payments for self-pay patients. They made us see the doctor after a week of birth for fear of jaundice. Thankful she did not have it. Paid for a second visit + 14 day screening test fee. I think there is another visit when the baby is a month old. So far may have paid about $400.

Thank you for the breakdown of costs please can you also give info on the accommodation you said you leased? I'm trying to weigh my options please. I will send you a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2015
Good morning everyone,

Please can anyone confirm if it is true that Delta has changed their policy on the number of weeks a pregnant flyer should be from 36weeks to 30weeks. My doc just told me but I find it hard to believe. Anyone with accurate info should let me know please.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fruitilicious: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats Iya ibeji and weaseloo...the ministry is moving. We bless God.

fruitfull1:
Congratulations iya ibeji and weaseloo.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by raydd: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Hello Everybody,
Thanks for providing all the information on this site.

I have shortlisted three locations 1) El Paso (Doctorspareti) 2)Houston (Oakbend & Dr Fa) 3) Phoenix (MIHS)

Can anyone share their recent experience with Doctorspareti?

Any would be moms in May/June? I plan to arrive in US little early and I can catch up anybody planning to visit in May, June.

It seems Doctorsparaeti have been over used and their quality of service has degraded over last few months.Any comments welcome.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bsharon: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=Acks post=31316888]
@Sayoberry congrats on the arrival of your twins,@weaseloo congrats on the arrival of your joy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015

Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience

Hello @weaseloo, Please can you give an insight into getting accommodation in Houston, im planning on having baby there and ive been looking around for apartments but haven't found one. Any advise or recommendations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babysykes: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2015
shagaman:
My Dearest people,how unna dey,i cant seem to just keep my eyes of the thread,for the expectants mothers ,may God make it easy,for us all may GOD continue to be with us all.

Hmmm where do i start,this is a word of caution for those who have delivered,and those waiting also ,never trust anyone,either friends or family members with your child social security,yersterday a long lost family member called me after all the greetings ,i was shocked when he told me that have i heard about tax refund for my baby i said yes,he was like you cant apply from Nigeria for it,i told him i dont need it, its for my baby when she grows up she can take care of herself,the next thing was like the money would just be with the american government,because i was already getting angry i jokingly told him that its fantastic as it would grow interest with them,When he asked me to send the social security number and other stuffs so that he can be helping to file for it was when i decided the strategy on no network on my phone,have presently barred his number.

People can be very funny when it comes to money.
ha!a friend called me yesterday for this same issue,I am glad I didn't disclose any detail.thanks for this info

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 9:43am On Mar 05, 2015
babysykes:
ha!a friend called me yesterday for this same issue,I am glad I didn't disclose any detail.thanks for this info

@shagaman, the hustle is real oh! Please mums and dads be careful. Trust no one!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2015
weaseloo:

Hello @weaseloo, Please can you give an insight into getting accommodation in Houston, im planning on having baby there and ive been looking around for apartments but haven't found one. Any advise or recommendations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dkbb: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2015
@sayoberry:

Wow! Congratulations!!! Thank God for safe delivery, may ur bundle of joy brings u happiness.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dkbb: 10:20am On Mar 05, 2015
@Weaseloo

Congratulations!! God is always faithful, we thank God for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Congrats and Thank God for the safe delivery of your babies! That's amazing news.

When you feel better, can you please share more information on the quality of service you received at Oakbend, your total cost (if you could please give a breakdown) and your accommodation arrangement? I intend using Dr. Fagbohun too and I am looking for all the information I can get.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Dkbb: 10:23am On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=kizluv post=31305181]
I have answered over 35 people on NL, not just once

Thanks very much for the info, this is helpful. Will continue my research and pls keep us updated on the total bill after ur delivery. God would give us all great reason to rejoice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hopesprings: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2015
lalavita:
Hi Guys,

This thread has been such a blessing. Started reading it while TTC and now I am in the US for the delivery.

Let me share my POE story.

Background: Visa renewal via Dropbox while pregnant. However, visa was used for Vacation before birthing trip.

Documents carried on trip: Email to embassy (just informing them since there was no change of intent as I had already used the visa), Drs letter confirming I am their patient, full payment Dr receipt, deposit receipt from hospital, registration doc from hospital, return ticket printout + cash (almost but less than 10k).

Airline: I noticed people rarely mention Virgin here. Maybe bcus some of their flights to the US require overnight stay in London.
Anyway for Virgin, once are you over a certain no of weeks, you need to submit a form to them before your trip. I still carried fit to fly anyway.
Checkin in Lagos was smooth. They asked for my fit to fly but that was it.
The flight to London was really nice. Due to the submitted form, all the crew knew I was pregnant and pampered me throughout.

Had to go through UK immigration because I slept over in London. No issues. Just showed them my boarding pass for USA leg.

London to Dulles POE
Because I already had my boarding pass, no one checked my visa again in London. No questions asked about pregnancy or fit to fly. Just straight to the plane.

POE in Dulles
The airport was quite empty because no other int. Flight arrived at the same time.
I was one of the first in line.

Officer: How long are you here for?
Me: About 12 weeks

Officer: How much cash?
Me: Told him (Under 10k)

Officer: When last were you in the States?
Me: told him

Officer: For how long?
Me: 2 weeks

He stamped me in and that was it.

No docs requested, no secondary insp. Please bear in mind, my bump is Huge! He saw it but didnt ask.

Coincidentally, while waiting for luggage, spoke to a CBP agent who was paroling around. We got talking and I told him I came to give birth. He said- that's fine maam.

Finally luggage wasnt check but didnt have any food anyway.

Physically, I didnt use the wheelchair service. Walked to get exercise and kept my legs elevated when seated so no swelling

Goodluck to all the mums. Please just be prayerful and honest. I believe it was God's favour first. Also having all documents, nothing to hide and using the visa for the intended purpose helps.

Hi, new poster here

I just wanted to ask you if you were using a hospital in MD and which you decided on

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2015
Thanks a lot for the good wishes! Appreciate them!

To give more details about the accommodation I am leasing I understand har.com is the best place to check (though I used many others I found via google). However, I don't think you can easily rent because they usually request for proof of employment, credit card/rating etc which most Nigerians not living here do not have. I was lucky and after so much searching I decided to go back to where we used to live and luckily they had exactly what I wanted: a furnished one bedroom apartment. They were willing to let me lease bc of past relationship.
Hope this answers your questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pepeflavor: 11:14am On Mar 05, 2015
customised87:

I think Arik Air has a pregnancy policy that is not favourable to most pregnant women,i also think the policy on their website is different from what they do in real life. Thats why most people on this thread do not travel with Arik. M not so sure but i think it has been mentioned before.

Thank you @customised87. They actually stated 34wks on their website but when i called them they said maximum of 32wks. I intend to get the fit to fly from my doctor as i will be a little over 32wks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.