Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation (809 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho With Ahmed Yusuf In 2010 & 2016: Refuting Age Cheat Allegation / Breaking News: English Player, Adam Johnson Sentenced To Six Years In Prison / Sunderland Adam Johnson Arrested For Having Sex With 15-year-old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation by sulmeza(m): 8:54am On Mar 03, 2015
The 27-year-old was arrested at his home on Monday morning and will play no further part for the Black Cats while the police investigation is ongoing.

Sunderland winger Adam Johnson has been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 15-year-old girl.

The 27-year-old was arrested at his home on Monday morning.

A spokesperson for Durham Police said: "A 27-year-old man was arrested earlier today on suspicion of sexual activity with a girl under 16.

“He remains in police custody and is helping officers with their enquiries.”

A further statement from Durham Police is expected on Monday.

Sunderland have also released a short statement confirming the player will be suspended for the duration of the investigation.

"Sunderland AFC has confirmed that Adam Johnson has been suspended from the club, pending the outcome of a police investigation. No further comment will be made at the present time."

Johnson joined the Black Cats in a £10 million deal from Manchester City in August 2012 and has made 28 appearances for Gus Poyet’s side this season.

Culled from goal.com

I really hope he's found innocent...i like the guy

1 Like

Re: English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 03, 2015
smh
Re: English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation by drestoneokuta(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2015
Footballers and sex scandals, I really pray he is innocent........... If not that he should face the wrath of the law and a possible band from football
Re: English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation by NobleAky(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2015
Mehn the rate at which these children take dey mature these days makes me suggest that underaged should be reversed to 7yrs and below

1 Like

Re: English Player,adam Johnson Arrested Over Child Sex Allegation by sulmeza(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
NobleAky:
Mehn the rate at which these children take dey mature these days makes me suggest that underaged should be reversed to 7yrs and below
lol..he's nt bin convicted yet...investigation's still ongoing...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Forecasters Meeting Point / 3 Chelsea Players Short Listed For The PFA Fans’ Player Of The Season Award. / Photospeaks:meet The Man That Exposed The Fifa Scandal That Toppled Sepp Blatter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.