Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria (104193 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by akubudejud(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
...Teaching in a secondary school as a youth corper (NYSC) could after all be a stepping stone to becoming a professional teacher!

Sometimes last year I wrote on how teaching job is fast becoming lucrative in Nigeria here on Nairaland platform though some folks disagreed with me not believing the reality of the positive changes in the teaching profession but am glad that numerous Nigerian graduate saw the write-up as an eye opener about this noble profession. However after that write up I realize that many still ask the question 'HOW CAN ONE GO ABOUT IT?' despite the various teaching jobs openings everyday, this information will however, support their interest and quest for a better teaching job placement.

Meanwhile,to comprehend this write-up you may first need to read https://www.nairaland.com/1517304/teaching-job-now-hot-cake .

Like I will always emphasize, that this write up is not to advertise any establishment or an avenue to showcase my writing skill but to give a helping hand to those that possess the burning desire to teach and impact knowledge in a reputable school especially in an international school in Nigeria that pays well. I did not claim to know everything here but with my little knowledge in the field I believe someone life will be touched for good.
Now let me start by letting you know that I studied Geophysics and not pure education initially but I realized my potentials during my youth service year and I decided to develop myself in the teaching and mentoring profession moving on to acquire educational and professional qualifications including a PGDip Ed and M.Ed and other National and international recognized teaching certification and really today I am glad and happy for my decision even do it was almost late before the decision was made.

CLARIFICATION BETWEEN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS AND OTHER SCHOOLS.

Before I proceed however, I will like to make it clear that it is not all the school using the word ‘International’ as part of their nomenclature are indeed international in the real sense of it many of them are not (AISEN) Association of International School Educators of Nigeria, although they are very good schools good enough to start your teaching career any time, we have hundreds of them all over Nigeria . But I will want to talk about the AISEN schools.

The AISEN schools runs Nigeria, British and America curricula, some of these schools run just British or America curriculum alone and they are all over Nigeria, they operate different salary structures for their staff and provide training for them both locally and international wise exposing them to the dynamic world of 21st century education. The method of teaching is computer based with the use of ICT and modern instructional facilities, to the best of my knowledge the salary ranges between N100,000 - N350,000 sometimes excluding accommodations and other benefits which may vary from one school to the other for subject teachers and even more for the position of Academics Coordinators, various departmental heads, Academic Directors ,Pastoral directors/Head, Vice principal , Principal etc, I must also quick to mention here that teaching job is not the only opening in these schools there are positions like Laboratory technologist/technicians, Pastoral jobs for House or Hostel parents ,sport coaches, Students counselors, Nurses/Matrons etc. apart from the medical jobs mentioned, all others must first and foremost be a qualified and certified teacher too.

Some of these schools include:

Nigerian – Turkish International College
Capital Science Academy (CSA)
Grange School lagos
Corona Secondary School – Agbara
St. Gregory”s College
Olashore International School (OIS)
Lumen Christi International High School – Uromi,
Vivian Fowler Memorial College for Girls
Loyola Jesuit College
Day waterman college ASU Ogun State.
Dowen College Lagos.
Atlantic Hall Epe Lagos
British International School.(BIS)
Redeemers International school Lagos.
Bloombred International secondary school Portharcourt.
Temple school Lagos.
Meadow Hall School.
Pampers School
Greensprings school
Lekki British International High School, Lekki Phase One

………….And many more... http://titithedynamite.

WHAT YOU MAY NEED TO QUALIFY TO TEACH IN THESE SCHOOLS?

It is important to note that each of these schools has their own recruitment policies which is personal and specific to them, but I will base the general qualities you need on the following:

1. BE QUALIFIED AS A PROFESSIONAL: It is a known fact that we live in a dynamic world where things changes every day and teaching profession is not excluded, to work in these schools require some educational qualifications and professionalism and if your first degree is not in education then you need to upgrade by acquiring one, for example get your PGDip.Ed in addition to your Bsc /HND /B.Tech /B.Agric, BA etc. except you are a graduate of NCE, Adv.Dip.Ed , BSc (Ed) or B.Ed.

The additional certification can be obtain in our various Nigeria universities, colleges of Education or better still the National Teachers Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) the last two mentioned seems to be faster, cheaper and well recognized. Through the NTI you may be registered automatically as certified/registered teacher with the Teacher Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).

Other international certification like the International Baccalaureate (IB), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Cambridge International Examination (CIE) SAT, TOEFL etc. Will be an added advantage for your quest; although, many schools provides training for their staff in order for them to acquire these certifications so never border yourself much on this except if you can afford it.

2. BE READY TO RELOCATE: [/b]You must be ready to relocate any time to any part of the country when the opportunities avails itself, as many of these schools are scattered all over Nigeria though we can find many of them around Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta, Portharcourt, Ibadan, Offa, Enugu, Akure etc.

[b]3. BE A CERTIFIED/REGISTERED TEACHER:
Endeavour to be registered with a teaching professional body in Nigeria e.g TRCN and other relevant bodies.

4. PACKAGE YOUR CV WELL: [/b]So many of us miss it here because your CV is the first to represent you and when it is wrongly done even if you are academically qualified the job still remain far from you. These schools showcases good and well trained Human Resources personnel to scrutinized CV. Let it always be known to them through your CV that you are passionate to help the children to develop their potentials and the various positive changes you will bring to the school when you are employed.

[b]5. BE CONFIDENT: [/b]Be sure of your self don’t pretend you know everything but be confident that you will impact positive changes to the life of the young ones, when you are interviewed never allow your take home or salary be the main focus but don’t appear too cheap.Before going for any interview, do some personal or internet findings about the school to get some basics information.

[b]6. GATHER EXPERIENCE
: Little, little experiences will take you there, not very many graduate get the job without any teaching experiences, some schools may recruit fresh graduate for training and empowering them for the teaching job but you don’t need to wait for that so gather the experience even starting with your NYSC year if you are fortunate to serve in a school, even then get some experience.

7. BE READY TO START SMALL: Be ready to start small, even in that Mushrooms or small schools you felt is nothing could actually be the stepping stone to a better placement what you need is to gather the experience from teaching and use the period to develop yourself academically as these will go a long way to prepare you for any interview with the International schools it doesn't really matter how much you are paid at the moment.

8. BE COMPUTER LITERATE AND INTERNET FRIENDLY : We are in the computer age and things are fast done through the internet nowadays because 95% of the international schools do their businesses through the internet, this include job opening adverts, application processing and even aptitude test. Subscribe to educational job alert as this will keep you abreast of the numerous job openings. I must let you know that there are numerous job opening for teachers every month more especially in July-August every year.

Finally, I will like to end here by saying that Joblessness could lead to frustration...Until you start to teach you wouldn't know you are a good teacher, make a move now and as you start small you will soon become large..! God bless you.

58 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by wande2015(f): 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
dt's a gud career talk am interested in

6 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Zico5(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
I was fortunate to visit Adesoye international school, Omu-aran. I moved around and was amazed with the materials and structure built in the area. The only thing that surprised me was the take home of some university graduates which is not up to 50k then. I wonder how such organization where students re paying nothing less than 500k per session could not pay up to 100k. The reality is that to get school that will pay up to the amount op stated above will be difficult cos the competition will be too stiff. Also, introduction of contract staff to Nigeria workforce has destroyed the marketability of our graduates and government has paid a deaf hear to the issue. May God help us, teaching is one of the best job before but things re not the same again and we need the intervention of government to make it right

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by missbehave247(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
So true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by gameboy727(m): 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Its only by the grace of God those kind of schools go employ person.

4 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Loyalblak007(f): 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
That still doesn't change anything undecided

2 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hiss. All this to promote your blog. How many of such schools exist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by PezzoNovante(m): 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice piece of info

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by kekakuz(m): 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
not
interested

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by 5p1naz(m): 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
eductaion

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by koolet: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thank you but am not, never gonna become a teacher

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
its a lie
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by naijainfogalery: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
I pray its true. Cos last 2 months i saw one of my secondary school teacher and i almost cried. i cant believe a teacher can be living in that much abject poverty.

My plan is i will go to my sch every year and give back to the teachers who are hardworking, though some of them dont deserve it but men, they are all part of who we are today, lets all make this a yearly thing, give back to the people that taught us and made us who we are today

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Finally the Teacher reward is no longer in heaven.. It is better to be a fulfilled secondary Teacher that is impacting lives than to be a clueless PHD holder surrounded by Ignorant fellows...

3 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by castruccio(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hmmm .... teaching ? am not cut out for those bullshit... boring as hell angry cool

2 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
Teaching could be lucrative especially when you do home lessons..

Yeah, it's good to start somewhere..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Anelk50(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hmmmmm,what more can i say......!

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by faroukfahima(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wow smiley

1 Like

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Dyt(f): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Teaching is very lucrative and I cld say like best for mothers

2 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by bighead1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
brb
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Pweetyradiance(f): 5:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
principal na only you waka come? chai! there's God oh.
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by ignis: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
What's the mode of application?

Naija has turned one to be directionless, not knowing what you want.

Applying for every available job... Immigration, Bank, Airforce, Navy, KPMG, PWC, lecturing, Teaching, Driver, Oil company, construction company,Marketer, Sales representative, etc without having a focus.

May God help us

38 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by HoneySwag(f): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
K
Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by WIZGUY69(m): 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
I earn #3.5m per annum as a teacher.

4 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
tweetobyte:
Interesting write up.. I don't just like teaching as a profession. For me, it's boring. I'll prefer something more challenging and lucrative.
like yahoo yahoo I guess grin

11 Likes

Re: Earn Salary Between N100,000-N350,000 As A Teacher In Nigeria by Sanuzi(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment 2012 / Heritage Bank Is Recruiting (Former Societe General Bank) / N-power- I Just Received My Stipend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.