Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,180 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? (2253 Views)

Bride's Friend Gets A Proposal From Boyfriend At Her Wedding (pics) / My Friend's Boyfriend's Trying To Hit On Me..do I Let Her Know / How To Make Her Know You Will Be Good In Bed Without Actually Telling Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Just curious,how can a guy get a proposal ring for his fiancee without letting her known,knowing fully that its meant to be a surprise,most especially the correct size.The guy is not a ring type,someone that has not even wear a ring for once.....advice pls.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by kingofpool: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
So easy, just cut off her finger and take it to the place you want to buy the engagement ring, they ll get her size, then you take her finger back to her before giving her the ring.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by xpac01(m): 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
sheunflexy:
Just curious,how can a guy get a proposal ring for his fiancee without letting her known,knowing fully that its meant to be a surprise,most especially the correct size.The guy is not a ring type,someone that has not even wear a ring for once.....advice pls.
Proposal rings are mostly adjustable. If you can't get the adjustable ones, then you take keen eye measurement of her fingers in comparison to yours, it definitely won't fail...
Source: From experienced.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by shitshappen(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
sheunflexy:

Once upon a time, I called my friend. Made him pretend he wanted to propose to his girl, had him call my girl asking for suggestions on ring size including where to get quality rings. Before he hung up he indirectly asked her 'what's your ring size cos I have a feeling your middle finger is the same size with hers?'
It worked for me, you need a very smart mutual friend to pull this one, plus he must be in a serious relationship.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
xpac01:

Proposal rings are mostly adjustable. If you can't get the adjustable ones, then you take keen eye measurement of her fingers in comparison to yours, it definitely won't fail...
never even knew some are adjustable,advice noted...though not seeing anybody now sha
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by saaedlee: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Steal one of her rings and take to a good jeweller, taking note of the finger she wears the ring.
If she doesn't wear rings; while on a romantic session with her, use a rope to measure the finger, ask her to measure urs first, tht way she won't suspect anything!

#My2cents

1 Like

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
shitshappen:

Once upon a time, I called my friend. Made him pretend he wanted to propose to his girl, had him call my girl asking for suggestions on ring size including where to get quality rings. Before he hung up he indirectly asked her 'what's your ring size cos I have a feeling your middle finger is the same size with hers?'
It worked for me, you need a very smart mutual friend to pull this one, plus he must be in a serious relationship.
thanks bro,I actually threw this question to one of my close female friends,she couldn't even give me the right answer.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by englishmart(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
she does sleep, doesn't she?
Now figure it out from here
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
sheunflexy:

Are you sure you want to buy a woman a wedding ring without finding our her taste and size first?

Hmm.....hypothetically find out her taste and size then.....wait for weeks/months before you pop the question.

That's how my ex-finance did it----

It was exactly what the ring I wanted--cause I picked it, but it was also a very pleasant surprise because I didn't even know he was that serious (that's how non-chalant he was about it)

Good luck brother; you will need it.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by englishmart(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
xpac01:

lol. Experience ko?
Experienced ni?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
saaedlee:
Steal one of her rings and take to a good jeweller, taking note of the finger she wears the ring.
If she doesn't wear rings; while on a romantic session with her, use a rope to measure the finger, ask her to measure urs first, tht way she won't suspect anything!

#My2cents
bro you sure she won't be suspicious with this?
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by xpac01(m): 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
englishmart:
lol. Experience ko?
Experienced ni?
I wasn't mincing words bro. Am not married. I once got the info from my newly wedded elder brother.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by adonisNEW(m): 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Its a serious question o.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
englishmart:
she does sleep, doesn't she?
Now figure it out from here
oga mi,na to measure when she sleep be that oooo,it make sense bro but what if she suddenly wake up while measuring,won't she be thinking of something else?
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by saaedlee: 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
sheunflexy:
bro you sure she won't be suspicious with this?
Yep, I believe u're coded? it worked for me!
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by xpac01(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Are you sure you want to buy a woman a wedding ring without finding our her taste and size first?

Hmm.....hypothetically find out her taste and size then.....wait for weeks/months before you pop the question.

It was exactly what the ring I wanted--cause I picked it, but it was also a very pleasant surprise because I didn't even know he was that serious (that's how non-chalant he was about it)

saaedlee:
#My2cents
[quote author=Xiadnat post=31270047]
If she can't guess or suspect what her lover is upto with this game, then she is a lame dumb poke.!
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

most I ask her the type she prefer?more over that won't be a surprise again nah.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by realdee44(f): 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
kingofpool:
So easy, just cut off her finger and take it to the place you want to buy the engagement ring, they ll get her size, then you take her finger back to her before giving her the ring.
grin grin
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by saaedlee: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Moderator, FP please
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
saaedlee:
Moderator, FP please
I doubt if they would put this on FP oooo,u know them nah.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by mercielizzie(f): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Snap her hand upclose n show it to a jeweler. My 2kobo
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
mercielizzie:
Snap her hand upclose n show it to a jeweler. My 2kobo
well,your opinion.
Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by Evina(f): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
In my own case, I just noticed a ring in his last finger. It was all shiny and it caught my attention. So I took it off his finger and said, "you know this looks like a wedding band, since when do you wear a ring like this in your last finger"?

Then he took it and slipped it in saying, "indeed, it looks cute on you". I gave him the side eye look and we laughed it off.

A week later, he proposed. grin
That was how he got my size. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can A Guy Buy A Proposal Ring (correct Size)without Letting Her Know? by sheunflexy(m): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Evina:
In my own case, I just noticed a ring in his last finger. It was all shiny and it caught my attention. So I took it off his finger and said, "you know this looks like a wedding band, since when do you wear a ring like this in your last finger"?

Then he took it and slipped it in saying, "indeed, it looks cute on you". I gave him the side eye look and we laughed it off.

A week later, he proposed. grin
That was how he got my size. smiley
waooo so sweet, nice ideal

(1) (Reply)

Update On Biography Interview / Have I Done Anything Wrong? / What Will You Ladies Say About This Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.