Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

The Ten Commandments Of An African Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Ten Commandments Of An African Child (2315 Views)

18 Commandments Of A Good Husband. Men Must Read! / The 10 Commandments Of Marriage / Today, June 16th Is Day Of The African Child (which Way Nigeria?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 04, 2015
1. Thou shalt not talk back at thy parent, for such unforgivable act attracts the beating of one’s life.

2. Thou shalt not have boyfriend or girlfriend A.K.A destiny reshapers before the age of 25; but thou must also not forget to bring forth grand children by the age of 24.

3. Thou must everly be prepared to recieve sarcastic answers to such questions as “Mummy, where should I keep the pot?”, “Daddy, how much did you buy the frying pan?” etc etc

4. Thou shall never win against seemingly “innocent” questions asked in anger.

Act 1 Scene 1

Momsi: Are you deaf?!

Shivering child: No Mama

Momsi: Oho! So you can talk back at me, ba? Nooo, we’ve become mates. That’s what they taught you in school abi *drags the helpless child by the ear*

Act 1 Scene 2

Momsi: Are you Deaf?!

Shivering Child: *shuts his mouth for the life of him*

Momsi: Oh, you’re keeping quiet? So I’m a dog ehn, I’m barking. Is That Not So? I’m pouring spit, ba? Useless child!- *drags the child by the ear*

5. Thou Shalt, must and “by fire by force” follow Paale and Maale to Church every Blessed Sunday; whether Thou Wants to be an Alfa or A Babalawo.

6. Thou shalt always be prepared to run ridiculous errands like “Bring that remote on the table” which is less than 1cm away.

7. Thou shalt not form “odeshi” when being caned and must cry for Africa to avoid further torture

8. Thou MUST always come first in class, because one way or another, Maale and Paale took first position from KG till the end of their secondary school education.

9. Thou shalt forget the word “privacy” exists as African parents will stalk the life of you. It is not your phone, it is OUR phone, OUR room, OUR friends.

10. And lastly, but most important, Thou shall be loved in a way unimaginable and brought up decently and “in the way of the Lord”

We love our African Parents kiss kiss

Source: https://insidejanelleshead./

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by mytime24(f): 11:47am On Mar 04, 2015
Funny bt true cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Merlissa(f): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice write up
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by pweetixandy: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thou shall not leave their presence to take a phone call if u don't want it confiscated. (The fone will always be in your pocket and on vibration so that when it vibrates,u just quietly leave to talk to ur sweetheart or whoever) *sighs*

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
You ain't ever lied.
MzNelly:

2. Thou shalt not have boyfriend or girlfriend A.K.A destiny reshapers before the age of 25; but thou must also not forget to bring forth grand children by the age of 24.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Twaci(f): 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lol! Nice writeup!

1 Like

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Twaci:
Lol! Nice writeup!
. I grew up with my dad , try the the odeshi stuff, your name will be sorry. cry out, you are finished.
bottom line , avoid his anger completely.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Twaci(f): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
Adaobi12:
. I grew up with my dad , try the the odeshi stuff, your name will be sorry. cry out, you are finished.
bottom line , avoid his anger completely.
Abi, and trust me, that won't be easy!
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Twaci:
Abi, and trust me, that won't be easy!

. Easy ke, when am sort of stubborn. thank God he remarried.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by lonelydora: 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
True talk
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by agoadiv(m): 12:02am On Mar 05, 2015
Incase
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 05, 2015
U know when they ask a question and as ur answering the scream shut up grin grin. I now know it's cos they already know ur answer will be nonsense. I do it to my kids angry

1 Like

Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Where are the mods? I dnt knw y dey lyk sleeping. FP tins na
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Kingsasian(m): 8:25am On Mar 05, 2015
True talk
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2015
Hi MzNelly cry
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Hi MzNelly cry

Been aeons!! shocked
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by SuperSuave(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2015
Number 6 is so my dads doing. Bring that remote, oya goto supersport9, change it to SS3, just find one interesting football match, oya put It at Igbo, oya fisi yoruba,,,gbekoro jeka wo chinese. Tv is so not intering whenever he's around cos one channel cannot last 30mins
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Been aeons!! shocked
I died.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I died.

Who killed ya? sad
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Who killed ya? sad
My dreams...
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

My dreams...

What happened nau? sad
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

What happened nau? sad
I thought yoy loved me grin
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by steppin: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Op,
My parents no be like that o!
Where you get your own parents?
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I thought yoy loved me grin

I do love you nau
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
So true grin
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Emodeee: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

if i tell u say, u r d finest girl i'v seen, sheee u go believe me?
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
Emodeee:

if i tell u say, u r d finest girl i'v seen, sheee u go believe me?

Bia, how many girls will you toast on this Nairaland? undecided
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Emodeee: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Bia, how many girls will you toast on this Nairaland? undecided

bt i nvr toast u lah? Wz just shwing admiration.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Emodeee: 2:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Download and listen to "omo to dah by EMODEEE." Here is the link: http://xchanger.mobi/v2/file.php?fid=514765.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Emodeee:

bt i nvr toast u lah? Wz jez shw admiration.

Thanks.
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Emodeee: 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
MzNelly:

Thanks.

u sef want mk i toast u. C hw u jumped into conclusion. Well, i fancy u though. Do u mind if we run tinz 2gether? lyk it's partnership
Re: The Ten Commandments Of An African Child by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of The Top Nigerian States With The Most Hardworking Men & Best Husbands / Order For Your Family, Parenting, Children, Etc Ebooks Today ( N300 Only!!!) / The Injustice Of Men: Some Northern Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.