Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... (10439 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Buhari Administration And Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
1. CAMPAIGN FUNDING: Moneybags or The Masses?
Muhammadu Buhari said in Dec 24, 2014 that no moneybag will fund his campaign, but the masses will. He said he wouldn't want anybody to hijack his government IF elected. In his own words “My strength mainly are the ordinary people. N100 is plenty of money for them and I know that they are going to make the sacrifice required for the change we are looking for, especially when I made them a promise to be transparent and personally be responsible for the money. I depend on them and we are taking this idea mainly from what happened in the United States of America.
“When he came with this idea, he was able to finance his campaign without looking for money bags or anybody influential and so, he remained independent and was hostage to nobody. This is what I want to achieve.”

However, on the 7th of January 2015, it was reported that exVice President Atiku Abubakar(who was indicted by the Senate for diverting funds meant for the PTDF in 2007) donated N50 million, an aircraft and 12 Land Cruiser Sports Utility Vehicles to Buhari’s campaign
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-atiku-they-didn-8217-t-know/198587/

Same January 7th, It was also reported that Imo State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha donated Presidential campaign bus that is valued to N50million to Buhari Campaign.

Is it that Buhari has finally surrendered to the moneybags or he has been clipped by these moneybags and his campaign hijacked by these men?

2. CORRUPT OFFICIALS PROBE: Compromised or Clipped?
In 2012 while speaking with SaharaTV, Buhari decried the level of corruption and scams going on since 1999, specifically the the $6.8 billion dollars fuel subsidy fraud, the N155 billion Malabu oil block scam, and the N36.8 billion police pension scheme. He advocated for government to prosecute, arrest and execute indicted officials based on documentary evidence. In his firm and assertive manner, he said
“Just use the documentary evidence and prosecute them and jail them or shoot them.”
saharareporters.com/2012/06/06/prosecute-them-and-jail-them-or-shoot-them-says-gen-buhari-saharatv

Buhari since 2003 has made it clear that he's coming to rid the system off corruption and bring perpetrators to justice. This is one attribute of his that even his detractors admired. We were shocked to the bones when John Oyegun on December 29, 2014 said that the APC and Buhari has agreed "Not to probe the past". More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).

3. OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY: To Be or Not To Be?
On December 26,2014, Buhari specifically said in Kaduna that there will be NO Office of the First Lady if elected. He said the Ministry of Women Affairs will be allowed to play such role. He was very emphatic, which I believe was in tandem with our constitution. However, we are witnessing a turn around where his wife Mrs Aisha Buhari has been touring the country campaigning for her husband. Mrs Aisha in a speech on January 24, 2015 said “If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not, that’s okay.". (www.punchng.com/news/buhari-wont-scrap-first-ladys-office-wife/ ). One begins to wonder whether Mrs Buhari doesn't know that the office is unconstitutional and the "IF" in her statement is not even in contention or Is it that Gen Buhari has changed his mind with respect to the office(which I insist is unconstitutional).

4. POST ELECTION: The Court or Lawlessness?
In 2003 Gen Buhari the candidate of ANPP spent 20 months in court challenging the fraudulent election result as announced by Obasanjo(navigator) INEC. In 2007 Gen Buhari also went to court to challenge the election of Musa Yardua even against the wish of his party that decided to join the Yaradua Government of National Unity(the Oyegun group). Buhari contested and challenged the result of President Jonathan as the CPC candidate. He lost yet he had his head high because he followed through democratic means. Sadly, as candidate of the APC, his party through its Chairman and Campaign D-G vowed to form "Alternative Government" if by their own judgement the Presidential election was rigged. They also specifically said they won't go to court to challenge the result. In other words they are ready to burn the country and cause chaos rather than take the "evidence" to court(if any).
Is it that General Buhari is tired of following constitutional process or he has been totally hijacked by his Associates? Will Buhari tolerate such a threat from any quarter if he was the incumbent?

BONUS:
5. PASTOR BRIBE: Amaechi(APC) or GEJ(PDP)
Earlier in February Amaechi accused PDP(GEJ) of bribing Pastors with N6 billion. However, he was challenged by Pastor Adeboye of RCCG to mention names but till today he has gone mute.
On the other hand, Bishop Emmah Isong, Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) in Cross River State accused Amaechi of bribing 500 Pastors in Hotel Presidential, Rivers state. He challenged Amaechi to refute the allegation but till today Amaechi didn't deny.
www.naij.com/382942-amaechi-paid-500-pastors-to-campaign-for-buhari-bishop-isong.html
If Amaechi is very sure of his allegation against the PDP, why is he mute on alleged receivers of the bribe? Is Amaechi guilty of bribing the Pastors as alleged by the PFN Chief?

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by francizy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
Don't mind APC they have eaten up their own vomit completely but their pride won't let them see it... undecided

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ochejoseph(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
GEJ is the Man!

APC is a party built on LIES ‎

APC is the only party whose governors have refused to. Implement the freedom of information Bill 

APC the only party where siting governors pay levies to the toothbrushless one 

APC a  Party whose seed was derived from the sales of heroine to youths and teenagers 

APC the only party where ALPHA BETA a private company owned by Tinubu  over rides the decision of sitting governors on revenue collection 

APC the only party that will sell a state polytechnic to its leader for #1 million 

APC the only party whose spokesperson currently wears PAMPERS! 

APC is a Joke!

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by olapluto(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
One begins to wonder whether Mrs Buhari doesn't know that the office is unconstitutional and the "IF" in her statement is not even in contention or Is it that Gen Buhari has changed his mind with respect to the office(which I insist is unconstitutional).
You want us to comment on what you think? Everyone has an opinion my friend, even mad men. However, opinion backed by empirical evidence is what we should be making at this stage.
In 2003 Gen Buhari the candidate of ANPP spent 20 months in court challenging the fraudulent election result as announced by Obasanjo(navigator) INEC. In 2007 Gen Buhari also went to court to challenge the election of Musa Yardua even against the wish of his party that decided to join the Yaradua Government of National Unity(the Oyegun group). Buhari contested and challenged the result of President Jonathan as the CPC candidate. He lost yet he had his head high because he followed through democratic means. Sadly, as candidate of the APC, his party through its Chairman and Campaign D-G vowed to form "Alternative Government" if by their own judgement the Presidential election was rigged. They also specifically said they won't go to court to challenge the result. In other words they are ready to burn the country and cause chaos rather than take the "evidence" to court(if any).
Is it that General Buhari is tired of following constitutional process or he has been totally hijacked by his Associates? Will Buhari tolerate such a threat from any quarter if he was the incumbent
You're not doing yourself justice by ignoring the democratic antecedence of GMB from 2003 to date.What has GMB said about post election matters? Do you care to listen or are you bent on smooching your opinion?

18 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Bitterleafsoup: 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
Brilliant! Let us also talk about his threat to end the Abuja accord those types of utterances, prove to me that if elected the clamp down on freedom of speech will continue where he left off in 80's.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
By the grace of God, we shall not relent to analyse and look into the activities and promises of the major players seeking to occupy offices. I will entertain constructive arguments but will continue to ignore personal attacks on my person.

Cc...Ngwakwe Seun Tormakint firefire truckpusher dein77 anonimi etc

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
Awesome

5 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ishiamu(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Believe in Gej

#Believe

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by olapluto(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).
If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.

10 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

You want us to comment on what you think? Everyone has an opinion my friend, even mad men. However, opinion backed by empirical evidence is what we should be making at this stage.

You're not doing yourself justice by ignoring the democratic antecedence of GMB from 2003 to date.What has GMB said about post election matters? Do you care to listen or are you bent on smooching your opinion?
@ first paragraph, I don't understand your point.

@Second paragraph I did mention the democratic antecedents of Buhari with respect to post election lawsuits. I don't know whether you read the post.

7 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
APC is a party built on lies and deceit and any house built with spit shall be destroyed by dews.

How long can they go?

Only time shall tell...

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by DesChyko: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
#books a seat# grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by olapluto(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
By the grace of God, we shall not relent to analyse and look into the activities and promises of the major players seeking to occupy offices.
Is your analysis for the feeble minded? the ones that do not reason beyond the surface?
And when will you analyse the falling naira, the job scams, the source of campaign funding for GEJ and the insecurity (which you seem very concerned about).

13 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by PhockPhockMan: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
Those who believe in Buhari's anti corruption sermon can believe anything.
All his political associates are all stinkingly corrupt.
Amaechi
Tinubu
Atiku etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Bitterleafsoup: 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.
But APC said that GEJ is bad for facing the other serious issues of nation building. They complain that he has thrown no one in jail, but they never mention how the FOI has cut them off from rubbishing state funds.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by nwafuluozoh: 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

Hmm. So how then will he fight corruption?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

In other words he is singing the Oyegun song that "your sins are forgiven, sin no more". I don't see how that is different from what I wrote...read again..

9 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by major466(m): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Following passionately.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by GeneralBosco: 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
[s]5. PASTOR BRIBE: Amaechi(APC) or GEJ(PDP)
Earlier in February Amaechi accused PDP(GEJ) of bribing Pastors with N6 billion. However, he was challenged by Pastor Adeboye of RCCG to mention names but till today he has gone mute.
On the other hand, Bishop Emmah Isong, Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) in Cross River State accused Amaechi of bribing 500 Pastors in Hotel Presidential, Rivers state. He challenged Amaechi to refute the allegation but till today Amaechi didn't deny.
www.naij.com/382942-amaechi-paid-500-pastors-to-campaign-for-buhari-bishop-isong.html
If Amaechi is very sure of his allegation against the PDP, why is he mute on alleged receivers of the bribe? Is Amaechi guilty of bribing the Pastors as alleged by the PFN Chief?
[/s]
Since you're now making it a very childish game of questions - "APC did this", "PDP did this too", this particular "game level" is flawed!!

Amaechi accused Jonathan of giving pastors 7billion naira in bribe. Has Jonathan refuted this claim?? NO!!
Is Jonathan guilty of giving pastors 7 billion bribe as alleged by Amaechi??

15 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Were re d thugs?

7 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by GeneralBosco: 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
[s]
Is it that General Buhari is tired of following constitutional process or he has been totally hijacked by his Associates? Will Buhari tolerate such a threat from any quarter if he was the incumbent?
[/s]
There will be no reason for APC to go to court after the elections. PDP will become the next court candidates after March, 28.

18 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Truckpusher(m): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

You can't refute and deny facts with these your baseless arguments that doesn't hold water though thank you for not starting with your usual line of insults and name-calling .
Next.........

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
1. CAMPAIGN FUNDING: Moneybags or The Masses?
Muhammadu Buhari said in Dec 24, 2014 that no moneybag will fund his campaign, but the masses will. He said he wouldn't want anybody to hijack his government IF elected. In his own words “My strength mainly are the ordinary people. N100 is plenty of money for them and I know that they are going to make the sacrifice required for the change we are looking for, especially when I made them a promise to be transparent and personally be responsible for the money. I depend on them and we are taking this idea mainly from what happened in the United States of America.
“When he came with this idea, he was able to finance his campaign without looking for money bags or anybody influential and so, he remained independent and was hostage to nobody. This is what I want to achieve.”

However, on the 7th of January 2015, it was reported that exVice President Atiku Abubakar(who was indicted by the Senate for diverting funds meant for the PTDF in 2007) donated N50 million, an aircraft and 12 Land Cruiser Sports Utility Vehicles to Buhari’s campaign
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-atiku-they-didn-8217-t-know/198587/

Same January 7th, It was also reported that Imo State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha donated Presidential campaign bus that is valued to N50million to Buhari Campaign.

Is it that Buhari has finally surrendered to the moneybags or he has been clipped by these moneybags and his campaign hijacked by these men?

. . . . . . . . . . .do you have comprehension issues? can you relate your quote of Buhari's words with what you are insinuating? . . . . . . . . . . .I can see you are not only morally bankrupt, you are also intellectually bankrupt as well!!

26 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
Too many lies in one thread. Desperate attempt to twist quotes. Unfollows

torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . .do you have comprehension issues? can you relate your quote of Buhari's words with what you are insinuating? . . . . . . . . . . .I can see you are not only morally bankrupt, you are also intellectually bankrupt as well!!

9 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by johnsonsegxy: 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
grin grin undecided

8 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
But APC said that GEJ is bad for facing the other serious issues of nation building. They complain that he has thrown no one in jail, but they never mention how the FOI has cut them off from rubbishing state funds.
My brother we have a terrible situation in our hand. I wonder how someone can fight corruption without looking at the past.. These same people accused Jonathan of not fighting past dirty deals... Na wa o

9 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Truckpusher(m): 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
Firefire:
APC is a party built on lies and deceit and any house built with spit shall be destroyed by dews.

How long can they go?

Only time shall tell...
The truth is we just have to Take it that we are dealing with men that their lives was built on lies and deceit.

The PDP should do everything humanly possible to keep these criminals where they belong after the election.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by GeneralBosco: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
2. CORRUPT OFFICIALS PROBE: Compromised or Clipped?
In 2012 while speaking with SaharaTV, Buhari decried the level of corruption and scams going on since 1999, specifically the the $6.8 billion dollars fuel subsidy fraud, the N155 billion Malabu oil block scam, and the N36.8 billion police pension scheme. He advocated for government to prosecute, arrest and execute indicted officials based on documentary evidence. In his firm and assertive manner, he said
“Just use the documentary evidence and prosecute them and jail them or shoot them.”
saharareporters.com/2012/06/06/prosecute-them-and-jail-them-or-shoot-them-says-gen-buhari-saharatv

Buhari since 2003 has made it clear that he's coming to rid the system off corruption and bring perpetrators to justice. This is one attribute of his that even his detractors admired. We were shocked to the bones when John Oyegun on December 29, 2014 said that the APC and Buhari has agreed "Not to probe the past". More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).
The bolded in your writeup gave you away. Jonathan is not fighting corruption and his body language doesn't represent that of a man who wishes to do so. I wonder why any sane mind would claim Jonathan is fighting corruption...except a clearly partisan PDP supporter.

15 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
buhari u r an illiterate

5 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by DONLEKAN: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
I once heard, there is an animal in every man. Now I see the animal in Barcanista. You are just pathetic. Interestingly, you have been castigating GMB lately on the other hand I can feel your pain why you have not put in any good word for GEJ because there is nothing good about the drunken fisherman. 4 year ago, the slogan was fresh air. We know how fresh the has been.

One thing is certain, there is no way GEJ will win a free and fair election against GMB. Initially, i wondered what went wrong with you. Now, i can bet my life that you have been compromised!!!. As a young man, just know that you are selling your future and that of your children for pittance.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Truckpusher(m): 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
torkaka:

The truth is simply too bitter for you minions to swallow hence you resort to insults ,ridicule just to sooth your battered ego.

How low can you guys go? undecided

Shame on you.

8 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
You can't refute and deny facts with these your baseless arguments that doesn't hold water though thank you for not starting with your usual line of insults and name-calling .
Next.........
My brother, I was expecting them to put forward their own argument rather than try to derail.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences / Video Of President Buhari Visit To Benue Over The Recent Killings In The State / 2019: 41 Candidates Jostle To Become Lagos Governor, 589 Eye Lagos Assembly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.