Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,335 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies (17501 Views)

Container Truck Runs Into A Building At Mushin (Photos) / Car Runs Into A Building In Ibadan (photo) / 3 Quick Ways To Get Your Visa Application Approved By Foreign Embassies In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by tonero230(m): 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

STOP saying what you don't know, i renewed my passport jan of 2015 in ottawa canada, and guess what?

they were all nice people, and we got it done and taken home that same day. so stop all this rubbish.

The last time i had an issue, i called the embassy and they reply very well. so what you saying? how many times have you needed help and you call your embassy?

A friend lost his passport and study permit, and guess what? through the embassy he got help.

you sir just shut up

May be you have uncle or aunty working there and you think it's easy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by emeka2847: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
What do you expect? When PDP governments appoint based on loyalty to party instead of competence.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Akinz0126(m): 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
himkers:

Ode! Who is talking about security here??
You can say that again that name looks good on You ODE.You probably didn't no go through the content whether you like it or not one factor leads to another
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Pebcak: 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
I will give it to the Consulate Office in Atlanta Georgia, Those guys are professional and awesome, I forgot my original passport in the copier at home found out when my flight from Dallas was about to land in ATL, I was like F it I will check out what they will have to say they treated me with respect and that was shocking and strange I explained i left my passport in Dallas and thats an honest mistake and oversight on my part, they allow me do biometrics and informed me they will not process it until i mail old passport in I was like fair enough. Mailed passport same day when i got to dallas overnight and they got it next day and I got new and old passport few days later in the mail. THUMBS UP TO NIGERIAN CONSULATE OFFICE IN ATL GEORGIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonero230:

May be you have uncle or aunty working there and you think it's easy.

The difficulty there is the amount of your flight ticket. I am not related to anyone there. it's just that people blame embassy officials because of what they heard and not what they experienced. I always thought they were useless until I went there myself
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
onoja12:
Abeg even though am not in canada i know this must be a fat lie,the embassies we have are useless,in the hole of south america plus the caribbean,not one embassy can issues passport,i repeat not one,do you know how many countries we are talking of here.that is 12 countries in south america plus another 13 in the caribbean,yet we have embassies all over the place.
Sometimes i don't blame the embassies,i blame the ministry of foreign affairs,i have been asking what is Nigeria's foreign policy and when last was it reviewed,till today nobody can tell me

That's the problem am talking about. People who haven't been there are the ones giving opinion. I went there jan 24 2015 to renew my passport and they did a good job. Every one there including me was even surprised about the development. You got to experience it first Hand before you be a chief judge.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Eluwilussit(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
I have been to nigerian embassy Ottawa twice, and twice I got great services. Once in 2005 and lately, in 2014. The only thing they lack is "exceptional" customer service. They talk to everyone the naija way. But the services were top notch.

In Cuba, the nigerian embassy was great then, in 2003. The ambassador and all the employees were great and cared for every Nigerian. They even helped people from other African countries.

I will excuse them. You don't give what you don't have. We are rude and proud people and talk without thinking. It is simply a replication of what we see here on Nairaland and what we hear our leaders say and see them do. So don't expect a pig to become a horse, just because he works at the embassies.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Dpackage: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
The post on the website says it all, did you guys see all the video at the website? You will be ashamed at the level of incompetency. Watch the video from Turkey, Malaysia, Senegal, Canada and so On....

You just have to see this videos.. Some might be fine like @pebcak pointed out...But most of the them are nothing to write home about

http://doynews.com/article/nigeria-embassies-building-educated-zombies
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Dpackage: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
Dpackage:
The post on the website says it all, did you guys see all the video at the website? You will be ashamed at the level of incompetency. Watch the video from Turkey, Malaysia, Senegal, Canada and so On....

You just have to see this videos.. Some might be fine like @pebcak pointed out...But most of the them are nothing to write home about

http://doynews.com/article/nigeria-embassies-building-educated-zombies
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by onoja12: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
I am given a first hand account,you can google up all the embassies in the region i mentioned and ask them for anything,then come back here and post their reply

donnypool:

That's the problem am talking about. People who haven't been there are the ones giving opinion. I went there jan 24 2015 to renew my passport and they did a good job. Every one there including me was even surprised about the development. You got to experience it first Hand before you be a chief judge.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
I read some Nigerian Embassies are scamming Nigerian Diaspora by promising them new passports, collect their money and run away. This is a big shame. I would like to collect enough information on all these evils and report them to the Human Rights Watch in New York if nothing is done to make changes soon.

What a big disgrace to the nation! When are we going to stop complicating things for ourselves?
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by tonero230(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

The difficulty there is the amount of your flight ticket. I am not related to anyone there. it's just that people blame embassy officials because of what they heard and not what they experienced. I always thought they were useless until I went there myself

Ok,coming over there søon to see things for myself.Where in canada are you?
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
onoja12:
I am given a first hand account,you can google up all the embassies in the region i mentioned and ask them for anything,then come back here and post their reply

I was there, and we were all treated nicely here in Ottawa Canada. I even open up a thread about it. My friend lost his passport, he got a new one in less than a week without complications. Stop putting people down because you have this perception of Nigeria leaders being bad a corrupt
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonero230:

Ok,coming over there søon to see things for myself.Where in canada are you?

I stay in edmonton, but it is a useless city tho
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by bigv(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
I agree with you oh, not totally tho.
onoja12:
My brother the politician do more than does people from the ministry,99% of everybody from the ministry have taken up citizenship in the country they work,so they don't care about Nigeria.it is simple because the Ministry does not move them,they are in one place for almost all there life,they have no over sight,nobody checks them and there is no way for the Association to report to the ministry of forgein affairs,even if you do the ministry does nothing about it.so it is a total failure.

Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

I was there, and we were all treated nicely here in Ottawa Canada. I even open up a thread about it. My friend lost his passport, he got a new one in less than a week without complications. Stop putting people down because you have this perception of Nigeria leaders being bad a corrupt
There are more worse cases than the one your are using as good example. They are suffering Nigerians around the world and even scam some as I have been scrutinizing. Don't worry until I send information about the bad practices to Human Rights Watch.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by vanilson(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
We need CHANGE
SAI BUHARI
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

Lol @ useless city, you useless Nigerian! Go back to the village forest you came from.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by harrysterol(m): 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
kraftykc:

Did the shit get better or worse with him in charge? If it stated the same then what use is he to us?
all of dem are of no use to us i suggest we all become president
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Janyves(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2015
This is so embarrassing.... @ OP, I would be so happy if this write up could be published on one of our major tabloids.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
all4naija:
There are more worse cases than the one your are using as good example. They are suffering Nigerians around the world and even scam some as I have been scrutinizing. Don't worry until I send information about the bad practices to Human Rights Watch.

I will be glad to read it. Because I haven't seen any worst cases yet. Remember, if you are homeless in a foreign country, it is your duty to fed for your self or go back home. The embassy is not for charity, they here to help us on diplomatic issues not to pet us. For example if I got arrested for stealing here in Canada, what the embassy is expected to do is take my passport and jail me back home in Nigeria and not pet me cause am a Nigerian. Try to know the conditions on your passport
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by tonero230(m): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

Why useless?I heard there is a tree planting company that pays well there.it's in edmonton yellow knife.If i get my visa,i want to work there during summer.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

I will be glad to read it. Because I haven't seen any worst cases yet. Remember, if you are homeless in a foreign country, it is your duty to fed for your self or go back home. The embassy is not for charity, they here to help us on diplomatic issues not to pet us. For example if I got arrested for stealing here in Canada, what the embassy is expected to do is take my passport and jail me back home in Nigeria and not pet me cause am a Nigerian. Try to know the conditions on your passport
You are really a primitive person. Why in the whole wide world you conclude about me for trying to help others as someone who is a hobo possibly committing crimes and must be responsible for them is beyond me. It is somebody like you who is blinded to the wrong being done by the Nigerian embassies abroad because you think most of the people must be blamed all the time for criminal activities and deserve bad treatments from the representations.

If you can read and comprehend English language very well you would see where I mention something about international passports in my prior post. How could a government promise his citizens in another countries passports and collect their money without providing them the items? Jeez! You mus be one of those who often blame the people for everything because many of them are committing crimes. It is time to look into matter as civilized human beings. Stop defending what you have no idea of. I am a little disappointed in your blatant excuse.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
all4naija:
Lol @ useless city, you useless Nigerian! Go back to the village forest you came from.

tongue when you see chinkos, Somalians everywhere, just know the city is useless. Edmonton still topping the list. My village better sef
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
J
all4naija:
You are really a primitive person. Why in the whole wide world you conclude about me for trying to help others as someone who is a hobo possibly committing crimes and must be responsible for them is beyond me. It is somebody like you who is blinded to the wrong being done by the Nigerian embassies abroad because you think most of the people must be blamed all the time for criminal activities and deserve bad treatments from the representations.

If you can read and comprehend English language very well you would see where I mention something about international passports in my prior post. How could a government promise his citizens in another countries passports and collect their money without providing them the items? Jeez! You mus be one of those who often blame the people for everything because many of them are committing crimes. It is time to look into matter as civilized human beings. Stop defending what you have no idea of. I am a little disappointed in your blatant excuse.

You are just a pained fellow, I went to Ottawa I got a very good reception and you are calling me a lier. There is only one embassy in Canada located in Ottawa and I went there, got my passport same day and left two days after
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

tongue when you see chinkos, Somalians everywhere, just know the city is useless. Edmonton still topping the list. My village better sef
There are Somalians in cities where they are granted asylum status and I don't know what you mean by Chinkos though. Well, Edmonton is a very friendly city and it might not be as developed as Toronto but sure better than Nigerian cities. You are braggart indeed. Now go back to that forest village and stop disturbing the people of Edmonton about their city.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:
J

You are just a pained fellow, I went to Ottawa I got a very good reception and you are calling me a lier. There is only one embassy in Canada located in Ottawa and I went there, got my passport same day and left two days after
One thing is that you still don't get it and another is that I didn't call you a liar in any of my posts.

You can only speak for yourself and stop using your boring status to define the evil regarding the passports scam I referred to earlier. You are really blinding yourself to it. Most of the people who complained as pertaining to my sources are with the various credentials attesting to them been scammed by the Nigerian representations promising them passports - which they collect money for.

You are really a blockhead moving along with the nationalist bandwagon. It is not going to save you and your cronies this time around if you don't change. It is only going to be in the records of disgrace to the nation if those passports are not given to those who deserve them and those who sincerely paid for them. The Embassies involved must provide those passports as they said rather than scamming their own. What is wrong with Nigerians?! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
all4naija:
One thing is that you still don't get it and another is that I didn't call you a liar in any of my posts.

You can only speak for yourself and stop using your boring status to define the evil regarding the passports scam I referred to earlier. You are really blinding yourself to it. Most of the people who complained as pertaining to my sources are with the various credentials attesting to them been scammed by the Nigerian representations promising them passports - which they collect money for.

You are really a blockhead moving along with the nationalist bandwagon. It is not going to save you and your cronies this time around if you don't change. It is only going to be in the records of disgrace to the nation if those passports are not given to those who deserve them and those who sincerely paid for them. The Embassies involved must provide those passports as they said rather than scamming their own. What is wrong with Nigerians?! angry lipsrsealed cry

You are a pained fellow. All my friends here got good reception. My brother is going there may to renew. Stop spreading false news. Don't generalise be mature for once
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by sonnie10: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
The Nigeria Embassy in New York is great. My visit there recently is commendable. Staff were professional and attentive to people's need. The way they organised and maintained a perfect atmosphere was exceptional. All payment and appointment was made online. Got my passport the same day. Because I came from out of state, I was worried that I might be told to come back for it but it was done in a breeze. After the biometrics, I went downstairs for lunch and window shopping for about 3 hours and when I returned, my passport was waiting for collection, not just mine but for others that were there too.

There is this middle age lady there, her work and service in that place is recommendable, I was impressed.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
all4naija:

There are Somalians in cities where they are granted asylum status and I don't know what you mean by Chinkos though. Well, Edmonton is a very friendly city and it might not be as developed as Toronto but sure better than Nigerian cities. You are braggart indeed. Now go back to that forest village and stop disturbing the people of Edmonton about their city.

Edmonton is not friendly, and it might be more developed than all cities in Nigeria, doesn't mean I'll be as useless as you hiding the fact it's a useless city. And guess what when I get my transfer granted am going to kelona. Quote and diee
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
donnypool:

You are a pained fellow. All my friends here got good reception. My brother is going there may to renew. Stop spreading false news. Don't generalise be mature for once
I am not because I have multiple passports. I wouldn't even want a situation where I would experience something like that from my paternal representation while I enjoy full security and respect from my maternal Embassy when I traveled abroad. I would go haywire and make sure something is done to stop the bad practice. How in the whole wide world would Nigeria Embassies collect money for passports from the citizens without providing them? Please, don't forget to answer that question.
Re: Nigeria Embassies: A Building Of Educated Zombies by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
tonero230:

Why useless?I heard there is a tree planting company that pays well there.it's in edmonton yellow knife.If i get my visa,i want to work there during summer.

Tree planting is a horable job, I'll suggest you go to the mills or Fort mac there you'll get a good camp job. But the work isn't friendly. Though its a bit slow now as they laying off workers due to the oil problem. But it should be up and running when oil price goes up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / Akwa Ibom: Small London In Nigeria / (photos) Speeding Truck Falls At Fidiso, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.