Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Open And Run A School Successfully - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open And Run A School Successfully (65499 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by youwininfo: 1:58am On Mar 05, 2015
just start first . right there in your backyard or house.

START FIRST.

SEEK LOAN LATER.
for more info read a post from here about business ideas
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 2:10am On Mar 05, 2015
youwininfo:
just start first . right there in your backyard or house.

START FIRST.

SEEK LOAN LATER.
for more info read a post from here about business ideas
I don't want to start d school in my area becos dre are too many schools dre. I want d school to be in anoda area wre I can get pupils. thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 05, 2015
queenprecy:
I don't want to start d school in my area becos dre are too many schools dre. I want d school to be in anoda area wre I can get pupils. thanks

I know you can do it.. All you need is some determination and hard work.
You can start from creche... As time goes by you will be able to pull up funds and add up other classes.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by dbranchconsults: 6:06am On Mar 05, 2015
To be able to set up a school and profit from it you need to follow up d thread in this section and u will learn how run a computer school well......I bet u you thet are same procedures....thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Pavore9: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2015
queenprecy:
My family own a school started in 1997, start with a creche.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 11:16am On Mar 05, 2015
Pavore9:
I think d main problem in starting up a sch is fund,getting a land n a gud location also getting pupils. am not d talkative type becos it requires a lot of talking.thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Pavore9: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2015
queenprecy:
I think d main problem in starting up a sch is fund,getting a land n a gud location also getting pupils. am not d talkative type becos it requires a lot of talking.thanks
Start from a neat 3bedroom flat.

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pavore9:
hope d sch is growing bigger nw?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Pavore9: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
queenprecy:
hope d sch is growing bigger nw?
Very big. Start with a creche & gain first hand experience, which would come in handy as u expand into Nursery & Primary. Setting up a standard creche is not even cheap!
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pavore9:
Very big. Start with a creche & gain first hand experience, which would come in handy as u expand into Nursery & Primary. Setting up a standard creche is not even cheap!
pls wat are d things needed in setting up a creche?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
somebody shld pls talk to me
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by morrygreat: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Opening a school is not like any other business, it require a lot of skills. My advance is that you as a person look for a school apply as a teacher for like 6 months I promise you lean a lot have the understanding of the school sector. I will also advance you to start with a cheche standard one, look for a phonics teacher I mean jolly phonics teacher, let the kids start learning A is for Apple not the common a is for apple I mean letter sound not letter name with a lots of nursery rhymes. Let me pause here

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2015
morrygreat:
Opening a school is not like any other business, it require a lot of skills. My advance is that you as a person look for a school apply as a teacher for like 6 months I promise you lean a lot have the understanding of the school sector. I will also advance you to start with a creche standard one, look for a phonics teacher I mean jolly phonics teacher, let the kids start learning A is for Apple not the common a is for apple I mean letter sound not letter name with a lots of nursery rhymes. Let me pause here
OK I am a teacher already for two years now.all I need nw is steps on how to run d school n paying of d teachers.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
morrygreat:
Opening a school is not like any other business, it require a lot of skills. My advance is that you as a person look for a school apply as a teacher for like 6 months I promise you lean a lot have the understanding of the school sector. I will also advance you to start with a cheche standard one, look for a phonics teacher I mean jolly phonics teacher, let the kids start learning A is for Apple not the common a is for apple I mean letter sound not letter name with a lots of nursery rhymes. Let me pause here
pls can 200k be enough to open d creche?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by morrygreat: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
[quote
author=queenprecy post=31334471]pls can 200k be enough to open d creche?[/quote
200k? While it depend on the standard you want, but for me it can't be enough] a 3 bedroom flat cost almost 250k
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
OK wat abt paying d teachers?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by 1k001(m): 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
queenprecy:
I am an nce holder am planning on how to start a school bt I don't hv cash at hand BT I can always get help or loan from bank. I want to really touch d lives of people. thanks@pastorkosiso

Starting a business with a loan is a bad, bad, bad idea!

If you can't start without a loan then trust me you will fail.

Your first task in business that will predict your success is being able to get it off the ground creatively.

Zero your mind on loans, get creative and start something then approach FFF (family, friends and fools) for funding

If the people you know can't trust you with money for your business it's a reflection of your ability and no banker will trust you with a loan.

3 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 4:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Why fools?
1k001:

Your first task in business that will predict your success is being able to get it off the ground creatively.

Zero your mind on loans, get creative and start something then approach FFF (family, friends and fools for funding

If the people you know can't trust you with money for your business it's a reflection of your ability and no banker will trust you with a loan.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by 1k001(m): 9:17am On Mar 06, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Why fools?

That's because every startup is inherently risky and often only people that are foolish with their money can be convinced to fund the startup.

'A fool and his money are soon parted' - old english proverb

2 Likes

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Why fools?
I sent u a mail BT u didn't reply
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
1k001:

Zero your mind on loans, get creative and start something then approach FFF (family, friends and fools) for funding

anyways thanks for your contribution n advice. so wat else can one do to raise enough money for a start?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
queenprecy:
pls can 200k be enough to open d creche?
. Sounds like a good start.. Nothing is too small to get it off the ground.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
I'll reply soon. Thanks
queenprecy:
I sent u a mail BT u didn't reply
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Brandnew2:
. Sounds like a good start.. Nothing is too small to get it off the ground.
kk thanks
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by CHANCEMAN: 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Where can one get outdoor playground, swings,slides etc to buy in Nigeria ?Also furniture for crèche/kindergarten classes?

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good evening house
Starting and running a school are two different things .......
Start it as a business person and run it as an administrator , don't be discouraged by the odds but first be convinced you really want to run a school .
You'll need time , commitment , skills , finance and most importantly God's grace to pull through and remember none of us started from the top , we all started from the scratch , the real bottom and we keep going .
Go back to the drawing board and really write down why you think you should run a school
Write out a vision and mission statement then we can continue from there ......
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by queenprecy(f): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
williams20:
Good evening house
Start it as a business person and run it as an administrator , don't be discouraged by the odds but first be convinced you really want to run a school .
You'll need time , commitment , skills , finance and most importantly God's grace to pull through and remember none of us started from the top , we all started from the scratch , the real bottom and we keep going .
Go back to the drawing board and really write down why you think you should run a school
Thanks
pls do u own a school?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 12:17am On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
pls do u own a school?

Oww yes ma , by His grace

1 Like

Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by williams20(m): 12:26am On Mar 07, 2015
Run a Google search with my school name,

DEBORAH ADEJOKE MEMORIAL SCHOOL
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2015
williams20:
Good evening house
Thanks
Quite appreciated but can you guide the op and anyone interested on how you went about it from the scratch. Maybe a sample of vision and mission statement et al.
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Expressions(m): 7:16am On Mar 07, 2015
CHANCEMAN:
Where can one get outdoor playground, swings,slides etc to buy in Nigeria ?Also furniture for crèche/kindergarten classes?
Are you the manager or owner? Could you spare a word or two on how and what it takes to kick start?
Re: How To Open And Run A School Successfully by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2015
queenprecy:
pls can anyone guide me on how to open a school and what it can cost. pls Ur help is highly appreciated. Thanks

GO TO ANY SCHOOL AROUND YOU THAT YOU CONSIDER A MODEL AND LEARN!

sad undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.