Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer (18069 Views)

How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV / 5 Super Methods To Get Noticed By Any Employer You Wish To Work For (2) (3) (4)

Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by peteonline: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
CVs or resumes are just the very first impression you give to your prospective employer apart from your Cover letter if it’s available. Sorting out CVs isn’t a simple task at all. Using my experience as an example, there is a time we needed only one accountant to fill a vacant position in a reputable firm, we advertised the position at .com and we got hundreds of CVs and applications from job seekers.

Now at this stage, we needed to carry out the first screening process and that is using the applicants’ CVs! We couldn’t print out the whole CVs so we trashed any CV that didn’t satisfy our first appearance test.

I have worked with some professional Human resource managers and recruiters and they all agree that any CV that stands out of the crowd has better chance of being called for a one on one interview.

So here are the necessary points you must bear in mind as you write your resume or CV.

Make it Concise: Only one to three pages is preferred by most employers. You can increase this if you are well experienced.
Attractive: Don’t use fanciful fonts. Use neat and office fonts and structure your details in a clear and concise way.
Relevant: It’s preferable to list your recent work experience and education first.
Tailored: Edit your CV to throw more light on the requirement of the job you applied for.
Unique: Be specific when listing attributes and strengths
Describe or list the outcomes and achievements of any post you’ve held before. Employers are not really interested on your promises, they want to see your previous achievements.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by peteonline: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
I will appreciate if you push this to the front page @Moderator

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
peteonline:

what of an un experienced job seeker?

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by missbehave247(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
;DHmm
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
I don't need to go to your site op,the only thing I need is Baba isale to sure and all this things would be added to my CV.
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by SuperSuave(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
What happens in the case of a fresh graduate??

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice. This will help a lot of people. Thanks
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by drnairalov: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
work and dia issues

I have been unemployed and desperately looking for an inservice training since last year.

After applying and being rejected in about 20 placements, I realised that under the hobbies section, It says Masturba;tion,

whoever edited my C.V well played !!!!cry

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by rozayx5(m): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
undecided undecided

objective of the OP was just to advertise his site

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by djmask(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice info...also, the important info should be on the first page in fonts that is catchy.
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by adahgold(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
@op show an example of an attractive CV,so we see!

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
What about someone like me that has no job experience
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by hadura29(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Now this is the kinda article I have interest in... Thanks...

I've to update mine....
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by pweetixandy: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by mafioso47(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
Not Forgetting your skills and Areas of Competence. You would have to answer Interview questions by sharing how u have applied such skills.
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Mortiano(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
really
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by ugosonic1: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
nic post
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by alotofgrace(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2015

WELL....
KUDOS wink
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Isiterere(m): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Very brief and we'll detailed. thanks op.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Euckybaby(f): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice one @op but what happens to people who have not work before?
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by pendusky(m): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Most people like me don't submit CV, they only call and ask me 'PLS BRING' ur CV and I will ask them what can you offer me grin

Pitying those who are still striving to get their dream work after service !

BTW my first interview was with White men and since then I knew who I am!

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Euckybaby(f): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
drnairalov:
work and dia issues

]I have been unemployed and desperately looking for an inservice training since last year.

After applying and being rejected in about 20 placements, I realised that under the hobbies section, It says Masturba;tion,

whoever edited my C.V well played !!!!cry
eyaaaah pelle
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by ignis: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
People always confusing and giving their selves headache on CV.
It's not by CV, especially in Nigeria. The most important things are connection and God's grace.

Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Hawlahscho(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nice
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Euckybaby(f): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
pendusky:
Most people like me don't submit CV, they only call and ask me 'PLS BRING' ur CV and I will ask them what can you offer me grin

Pitying those who are still striving to get their dream work after service !

BTW my first interview was with White men and since then I knew who I am!
Hope you are not bragging
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by nggie(f): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hmmmm.. A sample of an ideal CV please.
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by bigv(m): 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
Bros if your packaging make sense, you come get oga at the top for this obodo Nigeria, bone CV oh.
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by KELVIN086: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2015
why is front page now easy
Re: Why Your CV Will Not Attract Any Employer by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
CV? Plenty pple get better profiles pass Oga Seun no dey get anytn sef. Na by grace o.

Apply For Recruitment At Sabmiller Beverage Company (8 Positions) / UNDP Graduate Placement For 20,000 Nigerian Youths Countrywide / Apply For INEC Ad-hoc Staff For Osun Election