Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

[why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? (1351 Views)

Babyosisi Was The First Nairalander To Post A Youtube Clip on this forum / I Need Guys To Educate Me On The Use Of This Forum / Any Port Harcourt Graphics Artists In This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by neo2(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2009
this graphics forum seems to be loosing its touch. gone are the days when people from the webmasters, computer and even romance section use to come here to download wallpapers, request a touch up of their personal photos and make comments on works on this section. i really miss those days.

What really happened or whats happening? I really want to hear from you guys o!

If you noticed, it's the old posts that are still gaining heat. honestly we have lost alot of talents here on this forum (or they left) either because some (i'm too smart) people had their own funny ways of making funny annoying comments or people were not responding to them well.

or what do you think?
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2009
Do you want to become the moderator, in order to bring this section back to life? If you really care, you would.
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by neo2(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2009
i would if i could. but i dont think the "moderator" would solve anything. uspry, hope i got her name right, was a very cool moderator. she changed things a bit thought. but i think its the people here. but hopefully things would change soon. that i believe.
and i really want to hear people's thoughts.
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by mida: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2009
i think you should be the moderator at this moment.At least
that will give you the needed opportunity to infuse life back into
this forum.i would have loved to moderate but i know more of painting than
i do graphics.Neo,remember that something dies the moment we chose to do nothing about
issues that demands our contribution in life.
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by neo2(m): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2009
well, all i can do now is employ u guys to continue to participate more in this forum. Articles, tutorials, advice, battles e.t.c. lets just try to keep the fire burning. good luck. i'll do my best.
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by Kemjisuper(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
I think we should have a fresh Graphics competition, one that will challenge the Graphic Artists into coming back, as well as bring spectators and viewers back to the section to observe our galleries. Again we ourselves should be doing more of posting artworks instead of just comments, no matter how bad they are. undecided

We could give it a try!

I'm going into 3d now. Here's my progress so far cool

Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by neo2(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2009
kemji, no doubt ur presence in this forum is very important cos u've been here for a long time. i agree with you. competitions is just one of the things needed. also consider the possibility that the beautiful 3d girl u designed, someone wants to know one or two things on how u made it. so please one of these days, if u have the time u culd also come up with a little tutorial. may be on 3d modelling of one of ur works or how u paint them. i know its hard but it'll go along way. and knowing most people here i know they might not acknowledge or say "hey nice work" but believe me they are using it. i've seen alot of niraland works on people's destops, from A2J, IN2gold, kemjisuper, neptune & artboy. walai. i have seen them on peoples desktops. and the funny thing is they would neva comment the artist but the worldwide truth is u guys are making an impression. like it or not. its just the truth. hope to see more of your good works!
Re: [why] Is This Forum Dead Or Dying? by Kemjisuper(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2009
neo.:

kemji, no doubt ur presence in this forum is very important cos u've been here for a long time. i agree with you. competitions is just one of the things needed. also consider the possibility that the beautiful 3d girl u designed, someone wants to know one or two things on how u made it. so please one of these days, if u have the time u culd also come up with a little tutorial. may be on 3d modelling of one of ur works or how u paint them. i know its hard but it'll go along way. and knowing most people here i know they might not acknowledge or say "hey nice work" but believe me they are using it. i've seen alot of niraland works on people's destops, from A2J, IN2gold, kemjisuper, neptune & artboy. walai. i have seen them on peoples desktops. and the funny thing is they would neva comment the artist but the worldwide truth is u guys are making an impression. like it or not. its just the truth. hope to see more of your good works!

@neo
Thanks for the praises too. For starters, I'm using POSER 4 for my 3D premier training, hope to be able to switch between that, 3DSmax, Cinema4D and funny enough, AutoCad as well. I mentioned I'm still a newbie so I'm not at the stage of lecturing or giving tips yet, but I do know a few 3D gurus who have been in the business for a while e.g. Grafikdon cool

We'll just keep doing what we do and hope that someday our efforts will be greatly appreciated and yield results! Cheers wink

(1) (Reply)

The Best Photo/video And Photo Studio In Jos / Can Anyone Teach Me Musical Video Production In Whole / Animation By A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.