Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

My Wife And I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wife And I (15486 Views)

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / The President's Daughter And I {by Vict-vames} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:56am On Mar 06, 2015
*.DANNIEDEEKONSEPTS.*

MY WIFE AND I.

written by Temitope Daniel.

Copyright owner- Temitope Daniel Abimbola 2014.

https://www.temitopedaniel.files./2014/11/wpid-my-wife-and-i.png

INTRO.

It's been a while I set my eyes on her. Not even a while, what am I saying? It's been four solid years now! We just lost contact when we were coming from the city of Lagos and attacked by armed robbers who took my vehicle away. Unluckily for me, my love was in the car and wasn't allowed to come down with me.

For that four years, I searched even holes of crabs if she was there. She was the love of my life and everything I had. As much as I love my mother, there was just a little difference between my love for her and that. And, I didn't know her parents, siblings, none of her family members. But we really loved each other.

I never knew I would exist without her, until she was taken away from me. And to my surprise, I'm still alive today. Honestly, I thought it was my end at the end of the first week that she wasn't found. I cried my eyes out that even my parents chided me that I would just kill myself if I didn't take it off my heart. But, honestly, it wasn't an easy thing.

A week developed into two, and into a month, from a month to twelve and now fourty-eight months now. When my parents saw that I was becoming useless, old enough to marry without a wife, they brought Nora to me.

Honestly I never knew there was still someone more beautiful than my Gloria. Gloria had been lost for four years but the unfading beauty she had never faded off my heart. My heart gladdened on seeing Nora. She was just the epitome of beauty.

I was shocked when I saw her beautiful set of teeth, hers was even whiter than snow. She was tall, elegant and more than rich in glamour. I never knew I would fall in love until I started falling the well dug for me- the love.

Even though I had started liking Nora, I never fogot Gloria. My parents didn't know Gloria though, but when I explained my issue to them, they knew I lost a gem. One thing of great surprise was that Gloria and Nora had the same redolence.

I loved that.

I never told Nora about Gloria, but even though I have started loving her too, I couldn't flow well with her. I can't place my hands on the actual reason behind that! I don't know if I even love her sef. Is that love or what? Or shey that is what they call infatuation? I no know jare.

Maybe it her her beauty, redolence and personality that made me like her. But, see, I don't even know!

--Me who is telling you all these, I never know say the same thing wey happen to me don happen to Nora too before oh--.

Honestly I never knew Nora had fallen in love with Alex before. It was one day that both were inside the house, gisting when some armed robbers came and shot Alex. The news was that Alex had died but no one knew he never died.

Not knowing Alex's parents who were stinkly rich had flown him abroad for better treatment. He wasn't allowed to leave America for years and so, lost contact with Nora too.

You now see say I don enter trouble? Real one! Nora never forgot Alex too. She was just trying to be herself anytime she was with me.

But Alex and I had and even have different redolences. If not, she might have loved me more than how she does. You see something, I never forgot Gloria, she never forgot Alex!

Hmmn... Okay oh. The saddest thing is that Alex returned back from America last year and had also fallen in love with Gloria. My own love is now in love with Nora's love. Big trouble!

The big problem started suddenly when it was a day to the wedding of Nora and I. We haven't gotten each other well, but we thought we would make it up and forget the ones we loved before. Though, she never knew about Gloria and I didn't know about Alex.

I thought I should act according to my best friend's advice, by getting her a golden necklace as a gift before wedding. I decided to take her out and parked at the front of Esmak Plaza to get the surprise for her.

--------

The car was parked and Daniel got down from the Toyota Venza. He looked at Nora and smiled as he motioned inside the plaza. He had told her to wait for him outside there, he was just wanted to get something. Still unknown to Nora, she patiently waited.

She had waited for some minutes and decided to peep outside because she had been busy pinging her friends and wedding planner. Then, her peep met Alex's stare.

She couldn't help her ecstasy but to rush to meet Alex. Both of them hugged each other firmly for seconds until Daniel came outside and met the scene. It seemed Nora's ecstasy had made her forgotten that she would get married the next day.

Daniel didn't know Alex, but even if that was her brother, the hug shouldn't be as firm as it was! He had thought as the package he was holding dropped down and his mouth wide open.

By the time Nora would know she was doing the wrong thing, she saw Daniel's face and froze also. Alex, looking away also saw the face of his wife-to-be that he had told to park by the entrance of Esmak Plaza and his heart skipped a beat.

Daniel swooshed out a long breath as he managed hold his tears back. He walked into the car and Nora rushed into the car too. She wouldn't leave her husband-to-be to leave angrily.

Daniel, also pulling out of the Plaza indignantly now saw Gloria and marched on the brake quickly. Was he seeing a ghost? What was really happening? He parked the vehicle and rushed down. "Gloria?" He shouted as he widened his eyes and moved closer.

The name made Gloria look the direction and saw him too. "Daniel!" She called as the key to her vehicle that she was holding dropped on the floor. Daniel couldn't hold himself back, both rushed to each other also, not minding the fact that they were engaged.

----------

The bond of love was still there! As I saw her, I wanted to die. I thought I just saw a ghost now, if she was, I was ready to follow her! No! I still loved her so much that I couldn't hold back myself.

Maybe that was how Alex and Nora felt too. But, I still loved her. I wiped my tears continuously as I looked into her eyes. She had grown more beautiful and matured. Gloria was my life.

Looking back, I saw Nora, already out of the car, looking at me. Alex had also stood akimbo, looking at Gloria and I, then I knew I was done for too.

At first, I thought it was tit for tat but I felt uncomfortable. Is this how Nora is feeling presently? I asked myself as I saw Gloria also looking at Alex.

Then Alex approached us and nabbed Gloria's hand. He pushed her into the vehicle and drove away. I looked at the Hyundai car as it sped off until I was unable to see the vehicle again. I walked back to my car and looked at Nora who was probably in shock or... what should I even call this?

We both entered into the vehicle and I drove off. The car just remained silent. I wasn't pleased with what she did and she wasn't pleased with mine either.

...Story continues...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife And I by Nancydearie(f): 3:56am On Mar 06, 2015
Nice Story!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 06, 2015
Yipee.FTC. T.Dan is finally back.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 06, 2015
Nancydearie:
Nice Story!
Never knew some else was viewing this thread. Chai! I thought I was the first sha.
Re: My Wife And I by Nancydearie(f): 4:38am On Mar 06, 2015
Intellectualokin:
Never knew some else was viewing this thread. Chai! I thought I was the first sha.
Lol! U came late,its quite a pity. I have been following d story on his site.
Re: My Wife And I by LadyX(f): 4:51am On Mar 06, 2015
Such a great story. Good work OP.

Following
Re: My Wife And I by myndd(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2015
probably 5th to comment, i sha lost count bt all d same following til da end
Re: My Wife And I by betybuk(f): 9:04am On Mar 06, 2015
Hmmm.. Nice story , Op !
Re: My Wife And I by jonathan111: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Ride on bro.......God's on ya side
Re: My Wife And I by Merblesh(f): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nice story T.dan...#following
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:33am On Mar 07, 2015
Welldone TDAn.

Nice intro.

Looking at where this will lead to.
Re: My Wife And I by Eniqurl(f): 12:48am On Mar 07, 2015
Followinq
Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2015
nice one T dan keep it up
Re: My Wife And I by Aliyuozioma(f): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2015
nice story, following
Re: My Wife And I by vivikul(f): 3:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Nyc start. Am bound already. Aw is d schedule gonna b lyk for dis story
Re: My Wife And I by missuniverse(f): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tdan is back again!!
Loving the intro
Re: My Wife And I by Oolayeancah(f): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
;DI know I'm gonna love this story... Welcome back TDAN

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:19am On Mar 08, 2015
EPISODE ONE.

*Wedding Day*

It was a beautiful day with friends and family members at the venue to celebrate with Daniel and Nora. At first, Daniel had thought Alex would be at the solemnization ceremony to claim the ownership of Nora or Gloria would come to claim his ownership.

Since the incident had happened, Daniel never called Nora to speak with her, Nora never did too. Daniel who had carried her in his car to drop her off at home didn't speak to her at all, even when she got down from the vehicle, none of them could bid a goodbye.

Daniel felt jealous that Nora could go back to hug Alex, a day to the wedding and Nora likewise, wondering if the love Daniel had for her was a true one. If it was, why would he go and New Gloria? Though none of them knew the ex of the other until that day the scene happened. Nora had felt Daniel was a bad person, why would he even if try to return back to Gloria for a hug, Daniel too never accepted the fact that he was wrong. At least, it was Nora that hugged Alex first, by the way, he couldn't hold himself back when he sighted Gloria.

None of them could put the blame on him or herself, they both thought the other counterpart was wrong.

Thanks to God that the wedding was success, even though it was a very tough part when they heard you may kiss your bride. Daniel just let out a short air from his mouth as he moved his mouth closely and kissed the pretty figure before him. He also knew she was extremely beautiful that day.

It was a big surprise to the two that they couldn't interact well, even though it was their wedding day. Daniel carried Nora when it was time to take photographs, and grinned mischievously as if they were in good terms. One who could study well would know things weren't nice between the two.

None could approach the other, it was the beginning of their trouble.

The aroma of the food from the kitchen filled his nostrills. His head went both left and right almost instantaneously as he shook off the aroma. That was jollof rice that he could smell well, he had thought as he opened his eyes at once. It really was! He affirmed.

Daniel turned his head to the left side of the bed but Nora was nowhere to be found. He couldn't remember what really happened the previous night, it seemed he just entered into the room and sprawled on the bed because he was so tired. It wasn't easy to be a groom, especially one who was wise to play between his wife and the invited guests and family members.

"Did she sleep inside this room?" Daniel had thought as he giggled. Nothing more came to his memory than he drove into the compund in his own car and Nora was driven by the driver, in her own car. That was the matrimonial room, why wouldn't she sleep there?

He took his stand slowly, walking to the other side of the Queen-Sized mattress to survey if there were shoes or jewelries on the drawer, but he was wrong, it really didn't look as if Nora slept inside that room.

He walked to the bathroom and washed his face, took up his purple brush and brushed his mouth up. He walked out and put off his clothes into casual wears, at least he had to check out the house before getting set for church service.

But, it was their wedding thanksgiving, he had thought as he thudded down the bed and jacked his head down. He began to wonder why Nora never came into that room to sleep with him. Why? He continued asking himself as if there were spirits around that'd respond to him after a while. He was wrong, no spirit replied his questions. He just felt they were rhetorical questions, but, it seemed the rhetorical questions in his mind needed answers.

Was she really angry because of his reactions yesterday in the wedding program? Was it because of Gloria's issue? He couldn't just provide an accurate answer to the puzzling questions disturbing his life that moment.

He swallowed again as he whisked to his feet and pressed his lips together. He clenched his finger and walked to the front of the dressing mirror to check himself out. "Daniel, I won't eat that food she's preparing," he thought as he looked at his tall and handsome self. He nodded along with his though and turned around, he had to check the compound, driver and gate keeper out before dressing up for church.

He had always been warned to fast to church but had never fasted, he felt that day would mark he day of his effective change. He walked into the living room and turned his neck to view what was happening in the kitchen, she was there preparing breakfast.

He cleared his throat and cloistered outside, into the compound.

Nora turned the gas cooker off. She didn't know if well or bad she was doing, but she felt she had taken the right decision. Daniel had been taciturn to her, just doing his things his way, why should she try to go on well with him too? She didn't like how the two of them kept laughing a kind of laughter that wasn't down to the heart on the wedding day. She felt Daniel had probably met the lady he had dated before and wouldn't want her again, so, trying to move away from him might solve the case in a way.

She rested against the solid maple cabinets. It was a big and beautiful kitchen with halogen flash mounts and track light that produced an excellent lighting in the kitchen. She walked to the microwave and stood near it. There was a Kenmore smooth surface range with oversize oven window, also an osterilizer blender stood beside the microwave and behind her was a dishwasher and a double bowl ceramic sink with disposal. It was a very beautiful kitchen Daniel ensured she had.

She felt Daniel didn't like her again, even though she hugged Alex,  she didn't expect him to retailiate too. He just tried to pay her back in her own coin, she had thought as she snorted.

She had been trying to put her hopes up, thinking the relationship wouldn't continue that way. She had no courage to speak to him because she felt he was angry, Daniel on ther hand was disappointed in her, he also felt she would feel the same to way to him. So, how would he go before her and make an utterance?

Alex rolled on the mattress as he took a glimpse at the wall clock that was tickling softly. He felt it was moving faster than expected as he picked up his phone. He stared at his wallpaper for a moment and dropped the phone again.

He had forgotten about Nora already, why did she come to cast a shadow again? His days in America had been so boring and sad because Nora was not there. Seeing Gloria's image as his wallpaper made him remember the day he crossed his mind to forget Nora completely.

Did he even forget her completely? As he had always said, there is something spectacular about one's first love. It had been very tough, if not, why didn't he hold himself back at the sight of Nora?

He remembered how he pulled Gloria by the hand into his vehicle so they could leave the plaza so that they wouldn't complicate the issue even more. He was a Christian but a non-practicing one. He had never believed in the existence of a God, not even a god too. He liked being himself and that was one major thing that did cause trouble between him and Gloria.

Gloria was a chorister in her church and had always encouraged him to come to church with her, but he wouldn't listen. He had never remembered Nora ever telling him about Christ Jesus. He felt Gloria was becoming a burden when it was time to proof one's religious life and belief.

He never for once stopped by in church, he really hated it. He believed there was no God, no eternity, sins are just ways by which we make living, sins are normal things needed to be done.

He left with Gloria on Friday and both never discussed till he got to the front of her house and parked. The first thing that came out of his mouth was to ask who Daniel was.

Gloria never minded him, she just curved her lips into a smile. "A long lost lover."

He was indignant. That was Gloria that had always told him about Christ, in sin! "Don't you know it's a sin to hug a guy who's not your lover?"

Gloria who didn't know what precisely to say so she could get herself outta Alex's blame just cleared her throat and glanced at him. "It's not in the Bible."

Alex just laughed. That had been baffling him. She told him no such thing was in the Bible and came down form his vehicle, walking away. Who now created God! He thought within himself with a sneer and drove away. At least, he knew no one created God, muslims who also believe in Allah, he needed to know who created Allah for him to believe Allah created him. In fact, he wished to know who created the gods so that he could believe that the gods actually exist.

Scam! He would think and hiss.

A knock at door made him know he had gone far in his pipe dream and raised his head. It was past eight in the morning and he hadn't spoken with Gloria since he dropped her off. He just stared at her picture as his wallpaper and had been thinking since then.

He walked to the living room to know who was there. Opening the door, he took a gaze at the fellow, it was Gloria.

The living room was though small but was full. It was beautiful and was well decorated with vases, decoys, moose and bear figures. He had no Christian tapestries in the house, a Sony tape deck, AIWA portable stero and a pine coffe table that stood in a side of the living room. The sofas were brown, big and beautiful with mathing lamps on either side of each sofa. "Welcome in here." Alex said as he opened the door and walked to a sofa to pick his seat.

"Alex, you couldn't call." Gloria walked in behind her.

"Why would I call? At least you told me it is not a sin to hug another guy, why are you here, then?"

"I'm going on to church but just stopped by to ask you few questions."

Alex looked at her. "I hope this is not a way to preach sermons to me? I'm not ready for all that today." He dismissed her with a wave of hand.

"Absolutely no. I came to ask you who the lady you hugged is." She said.

Alex laughed. "I won't tell you until you tell me who the guy you hugged is."

"Alright, I know you. He is a friend of mine, a long lost one." She replied.

"Exactly! She's also a long lost friend, Gloria." He laughed.

"I knew it! You know we're getting married in some weeks time, Alex, tell me whatever it is that you feel for me."

Alex chuckled. "What's this princess saying all of a sudden? I'm a gentle guy, you know that."

"I don't know that! You hugged that lady, didn't you?"

"You also hugged that guy, have you forgotten?"

"Alex!"

"Gloria!"

story continues..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Oolayeancah:
Thanks my sister, God bless u.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Intellectualokin:
Lol! Thanks so much, ma'am! God bless you.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Nancydearie:
Lol! U came late,its quite a pity. I have been following d story on his site.
Welcome here again, Sis.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:26am On Mar 08, 2015
LadyX:
Such a great story. Good work OP.

Following
Thanks so much, LadyX, welcome to my thread!
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:27am On Mar 08, 2015
myndd:
probably 5th to comment, i sha lost count bt all d same following til da end
Mynnd!! THANKS BRO! Welcome here.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:30am On Mar 08, 2015
betybuk:
Hmmm.. Nice story , Op !
Thanks sister! My God bless u. Welcome here.

Merblesh:
Nice story T.dan...#following

merblesh!!! Welcome!
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:31am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Oolayeancah:
My sweet sis... Ese oh.

missuniverse:
Tdan is back again!!
Loving the intro
Missuniverse!!! I don miss u die!! Thanks Ma'am.

vivikul:
Nyc start. Am bound already. Aw is d schedule gonna b lyk for dis story
Em... it should be.. I'll be back with a schedule, sis.

Aliyuozioma:
nice story, following
My sister!! How u dey?

Eniqurl:
Followinq
Eni!!! How nah??

TEMMYtopeadex:
nice one T dan keep it up

Thanks, Namesake! God bless u.
Re: My Wife And I by LadyX(f): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:
Thanks so much, LadyX, welcome to my thread!
Thanks. Am waiting for more smiley
Re: My Wife And I by stuff46(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Am in this until the end.
Tdan
Re: My Wife And I by Phikom(m): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2015
Phikom in da building...
Re: My Wife And I by Phikom(m): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2015
subscribing til the end....
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:37am On Mar 08, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:
LogoDwhizzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome, Sir!

Okay bro!

Expecting today's update!
Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Daniel....welcome back. I'm seriously loving this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chronicles Of A Housemaid / " The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium / Best Biography You Ever Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.