Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

My Wife And I - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Wife And I (15480 Views)

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / The President's Daughter And I {by Vict-vames} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And I by EllaGold35(f): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2015
Nyc story T.dan..
#following
Re: My Wife And I by Eniqurl(f): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2015
Followin yhu like Twitter
Re: My Wife And I by gentlelily(f): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2015
Weldone T dan,keep it coming
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
THREE

DANIEL.

I don't know what I have gotten myself into, I really don't know why everything has turned out to be like this? Why's Nora this way? Why's she treating me like this? Oh God! At least, you know all things, I'm too sure that you've known all this would happen from the scratch, why did you take Gloria away from me! Why!

At least if I had known everything would turn out this way, would have adopted celibacy. I would! Why did she sleep in another room? There's no honeymoon, nothing, just nothing! I repeat, nothing!

What will I do? Will this marriage continue this way, lord? Will it?

NORA.

Daniel, only God knows what else that I have done to him. I know I ought not to hug Alex, but, he hugged another lady too now. Daniel actually did! Why am I facing the music now? Why?

I was afraid of sleeping beside him the night of our wedding, what if he woke up and sent me out of the room? Honestly, I can't just comprehend this. Why is he not talking to me? He's been taciturn as if we've been in this issue for years. This is his car following mine, I knw he didn't eat that food, he didn't ask me why I couldn't sleep beside him, Daniel, why?

"Surprise!" Tonia grinned as she sighted Nora.

Nora was shocked. She took a close look before he beam turned to a sudden grin and rushed toward Tonia. "Sister Tonia." She hugged her tight with smiles all over her face.

"How are you dear?" Tonia grinned as she pulled her cheeks.

"I'm doing good, ma." She continued grinning.

"I'm sure you're good. I'm sure my brother would have given you a nice treat enough for you to forget your name?"

Her grin turned to a faint smile and she nodded. "You never told me you'd come here for church service, Sis."

"Don't mind us. I even came with Mum and Daniel's younger brother." She said.

"Really?" Nora smiled. "Where's Mum?" She enquired.

"She's inside the auditorium, just to surprise you, dear." She pulled her cheeks again.

"Thanks so much sister." Nora said.

"But where's your husband? Why didn't you two come together in the same car?"

"Urgh... your brother?" Nora chuckled. "He said would come in his own car, don't mind him." She smiled.

"Hmmn... Alright, he shouldn't come late because the other couple that wants to have their thanksgiving are already in church and the service starts soon." Tonia said.

Nora nodded and smiled. "Alright, would call him." She said.

"Good. Come inside soon." Tonia tapped her shoulder and walked inside the church.

As soon as she walked inside, Nora looked around why is he not yet here? She wondered and sighed.

Daniel parked his car at the front of the Church and came down. He adjusted his blazer and pressed his lips together. His eyes caught that of Nora who had been waiting for him out there for some minutes. He had gone to get something to eat.

One thing he really hated was playing wih his stomach. He preffered eating to any other thing apart from his life. He would always say when there's no food, there's no life.

Why did he take his eyes off now? He doesn't want to see me right? Nora had thought as she motioned inside the church. She just neglected me, she's leaving angrily. Daniel heaved a sigh before he walked inside the Church too.

4pm.

Daniel was glad everything went well in Church. The thoughts had been a burden to him earlier, brewing if the Church wouldn't know of the problem he had gotten himself into.

He had stepped out of the room and met another served food on the dining set. He just stared at it and didn't know if it'd be a problem once eaten. He didn't want what would crush his marriage early, but this problem was a great factor that could ruin his marriage.

As he thudded down the sofa in the living room and tuned the television set, his phone buzzed and he reached for it. "Mart man, how far now?" He said with a smile.

"Really? King's Place? On my way." He grinned as he sprung up to his feet.

Nora rushed out of the room. She just remembered that she had to see a movie by 4pm. She halted as she saw Daniel and looked as if she just saw a ghost, surprised and shocked.

Daniel didn't even look at her before he rushed to the room to make a change of clothing and rushed to meet his friend- Martins at King's Place.

Martins stroke his beard. He looked his left and saw Daniel as he walked inside the eatery. He stood up and both exchanged hands, greeting each other. "Come on, oko iyawo sit down and enjoy your moment." Martins said

Daniel chuckled. "Guy, how far now?" He took his seat.

"I've been good, Dan. Wao! Congratulations concerning your wedding, boy."

"Who's your boy?" Daniel laughed.

Martins shrugged with a grin. "You have forgotten that you're my boy, right? Anyways, I called you here for something important." Martins narrowed his eyes.

"Really?" Daniel adjusted his seat as he listened.

"Sure, Dan. I just knew there's no other person who can help me but you."

"What's the issue, Martins?" He enquired.

"I need you to help me talk to a lady, Dan. I don't know, I just don't know why she's been taciturn to me."

Daniel laughed. "Don't tell me you've called me here to help you talk to a lady, Martins."

Martins smiled. "This isn't funny, Dan. Please, will you help me?"

Daniel continued laughing. "Why will a gentle guy like me come here to greet you and ordinary water can't be offered by you."

Martins laughed. "Abeg, Daniel. Let's solve this problem first, please."

"Who's this girl and why's she not answering you?"

"Maybe because I'm not handsome. You know you are, if she sees someone good beside me, I'm sure she'll give in."

"You simply want me to speak with her on your behalf, right?"

"Sure." Martins nodded.

"Where she dey na?" He asked with a smile.

"We have to visit her, Daniel." Martins said.

Daniel swooshed out a long breath as he sprung to his feet. "May we?"

Martins grinned. "Thanks so much, Daniel." He stood up and both walked out.

Martins and Daniel walked inside the house. Daniel took off his shoes as he held on to Martins for support. "Baba, hope we no go enter yawa here?" He asked Martins.

"No issue, Dan." Martins smiled as they knocked at the main door of the house.

Some seconds after, a young lady came to get the door. "Ooh.. Good afternoon." She smiled at Daniel as she saw him.

"We came together." Martins quickly said.

The lady hissed as she gave Daniel a more welcoming atmosphere. "Come in." She smiled.

Daniel and Martins came inside and picked their seats. "We came for something important." Daniel smiled.

"Really?" The lady grinned as she left her seat and motioned near Daniel.

"Please, may I know your name?" He enquired.

"I'm Stephanie." She grinned.

"Martins is a very good friend and has..."

"Don't tell me you are here to talk to me about  him. I have told him I don't like him."

Daniel chuckled. "I came because of him  Stephanie."

"I'm reallh serious. I have another guy, so why is he disturbing himself?"

"Stephanie, that's a lie." Martins chimed in.

"Yes. I already have and that's your friend that's on seat."

"Huh?" Daniel's eyes popped more open.

Just then, his phone buzzed and he reached for it. It was Nora's call.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
Eniqurl:
Followin yhu like Twitter
okay nah.. cheesy thanks ma'am.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: My Wife And I by Phikom(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
Suspense...
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:51am On Mar 12, 2015
Re: My Wife And I by Phikom(m): 6:44am On Mar 12, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:
Bro.. Howdy?
cool...its been a while
Re: My Wife And I by omotalkie(f): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nice story have here. Lemme take a well comfortable position and enjoy dis piece as it unfolds
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
omotalkie:
Nice story have here. Lemme take a well comfortable position and enjoy dis piece as it unfolds
Thanks, Sis!
Re: My Wife And I by gentlelily(f): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Happy sunday T dan,long time no update
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
welldone T-Dan

I'm enjoying this.

but whats wrong wit daniel.
He should act in a matured way and talk to his wife jor.
Acting like a kid.

I can't let issues like this linger.
I like solving problems as it comes and not procrastinating it
Re: My Wife And I by omotalkie(f): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
welldone T-Dan

I'm enjoying this.

Acting like a kid.

Both of them are just misunderstanding each other. Dats essence of communication in marriage. But there's no communication between them, rather they are judging each oda based on their assumptions
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
omotalkie:
Both of them are just misunderstanding each other. Dats essence of communication in marriage. But there's no communication between them, rather they are judging each oda based on their assumptions

Exactly my point!
You're right!

They should av had a one on one meeting and resolve this
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
omotalkie:
Lol. Thanks sis.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
welldone T-Dan

I'm enjoying this.

Acting like a kid.

That's d idea oh, bro. Solve it instantly.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
gentlelily:
Happy sunday T dan,long time no update
Lol. m sorry, update loading!
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:

That's d idea oh, bro. Solve it instantly.

Yes bro!

That's true
Re: My Wife And I by stuff46(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2015
This piece just made me remember "Usher's-lesson for a lover song". Gaskaya am feeling for the couple, they really need to stop assuming and face reality; it would lead them no where.

Nice update Boss, eagerly anticipating upcoming updates.
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2015
A house is different from a home. A house is a building where a person or himself and his family lives, but a home is a confinement where the family and beyond lives to show one another love and peace of mind. Do you live in a home?- Temitope Daniel

FOUR.

Daniel thought he was just dreaming when he saw the call. Would Nora really call his mobile phone? He wondered as he reached for it slowly and stared at it continuously. This is a lie! He had muttered as he stared at it, wondering if he was really seeing what was right or that as just an illusion.

The call ended when he was in absolute shock and couldn't pick it due to his doubts. He just put the phone on his laps and swooshed out a long breath from his nostrils, narrowing his eyes and wondering what was going on. Mhen! I should have picked up that call! Why am I being stupid? He hit himself suddenly, forgetting Martins and Stephanie were on seat.

He just became conscious of himself again and adjusted. "I'm sorry, was just having.." and his mobile phone buzzed again.

He got it quickly to check if it was Nora and she really was the one again. He smiled and stroke his beard. "Nora even loves me, why has she been pretending..." he muttered with a grin only to be shocked as Stephanie grabbed the mobile phone from him and picked up the call.

"What!" He hastened to his feet in quest of getting his mobile phone quickly. What on earth would Nora think of then a lady picks up the call again? At least she had mixed with Daniel's sisters very well and would decode the voice on the mobile phone, if it was really any of his sisters.

"Are you alright? Let me have that!" He screamed.

"No.." Steph rushed inside the room.

"Hello." She said to Nora.

Nora who was expecting herself to hear Daniel's voice froze as she heard the female voice. She already knew it was none of his sisters, who could the lady be?

She tried to get off the feeling, thinking it might be a close friend who wished to speak to his wife. She smiled and cleared her throat as she replied. "Yeah, good evening." She said fluently.

"I don't think anything is good about this evening, lady. Why do you keep disturbing him when he's not ready to pick up your call? Please get off the line." She said and ended the call.

To Stephanie, she was wondering if someone was disturbing Daniel already. On setting her eyes on him as he got into her house, she had already liked him so much that she felt she wouldn't control herself because of it.

On her seat, she had been uncomfortable, thinking in herself that who would be disturbing her new crush? She probably haven't looked at him well to see the ring in his fourth finger and probably didn't check the caller to know the mobile number wasn't saved with just 'Nora' but 'My Life.'

She cloistered to the living room, smiling and making herself attractive again. "Daniel, the lady won't disturb you again." She said as she handed his phone over to him.

"What? I think you're mad already! Are you out of your mind? Have you seen this?" He raised his hand to show off his wedding ring.

"Wow! Though I haven't seen it, but, married men are really the best because they have handled courtship before."

"Steph! This is my own friend for God's sake, why are you doing this? I never knew you were this kind of person, if I had known I wouldn't have brought my friend here at all!" Martins hissed as he whisked to his feet and tapped Daniel.

"Please, Dan. Let us go." He said.

"Are you angry already? Or wait, was it your wife that called?" Stephanie quickly asked.

"No! Who else? Why do you keep asking useless questions? I'm sorry I have been disturbing you, but let me yearn you, today will be the last day I'll visit you!" Martins exclaimed.

Stephanie chuckled. "That's exactly what I want, Martins. I have told you earlier, your friend is all I need." She laughed.

Daniel just looked at her angrily and walked out of the house as he quickly dried the tear that had filled his eyes already. He didn't even wait for Martins before he got into his car and started driving away.

NORA.

I marched on to the room immediately after the call, crying profusely. I never thought this would happen to me, I never knew Daniel has been so desperate not to talk to me that she even gave a LovePeddler the mobile phone to speak to me.

Why's he going after a LovePeddler when I am inside the house already? Why is he after another woman when I am married to him already! Or was that the lady we saw that day? No! Daniel has gotten his way to find this lady, right? He's spitting me with her, right?

Oh no! I rolled on the mattress, crying out uncontrollably. I was already out of the universe with my thoughts. At first, it looked like a pipe dream, but it's now developing into the reality! Don't tell me Daniel has been looking for that woman again, so I'm the useless one, right?

If this is not true, why hasn't he called back? Why hasn't he called to explain the situation of things to me? I definitely know he wouldn't like me anymore, not when he met the lady already. I was only trying to summon courage to at least speak to him when I don't know his mind.

I was down, thinking that he might have been trying to talk to me too and maybe he's been facing the same challenge I'm into, but now I really know Daniel has been avoiding me and all the  dishes I have prepared because of a woman.

In everything we are doing, there is God.

Gloria was getting frustrated of Alex. Why would someone doubt God in that manner? He didn't believe in his existence, not even to an inch! She had been thinking of what she could use to convince him but not even an idea was forthcoming.

She hissed and just picked up her bag. "If Alex is an atheist, I better break up with him now. I can't marry a person who doesn't believe in God." She said and walked out of the house, going to meet Alex.

She had been praying to God to show himself to the great Alex as Alex as said. She knew it's only if God proofs his existence that an unbeliever would believe him completely. She had been trying to hold herself back because he would just say that she has done that just because of Daniel.

She even wished she could see Daniel again. She wished everything that happened didn't happen to them. How sweet would it have been?

She darted out.

Daniel was now without focus. He failed to pick up Martins calls already, thinking within himself that what would they be discussing when his crush just destroyed him? He was already miserable as he kept driving without knowing his destination.

He didn't know what would happen if he went home and felt driving around would waste much of the time so that he would sneak into the house by night. But, would that solve all his problem? He had wondered as his car screeched to halt at the front of King's Bar.

If his life would really be miserable, he felt he should balance the equation by drinking. He was already a frustrated man and didn't know how he'd straighten his bent paths.

He walked inside and took his seat on the barstool, smiling to the bartender. "Give me two bottles of Romeo." He said.

The bright lady turned around to get the bottles of Romeo and soon, Daniel started drinking.

Nora had left the room for the bar. She was tired and also frustrated as she motioned closer to the oak bar and picked up a wine glass cup from the hanger and plopped down one of the barstools there, reaching for the small towel to be by her side and the wine itself.

Just then, she began to drink too, till she was drunk and didn't know what was happening again.

Daniel had taken the two bottles demanded and paid the bartender before he took his leave, already drunk and walking like a drunk man. He wasn't sure if he would be able to drive home safely, or if he wouldn't kill a fellow before getting home.

He just hopped inside the vehicle and started driving, maneuvering from right to left till his destiny lead him to his house safely. He parked the vehicle and dropped down from the car, leaning against it for a while.

He wasn't sure of what he would meet inside the house. Would Nora still be inside this house? He wondered as he threw his heavy body away from the vehicle and started walking inside the house. He got to the living room and wiped his face if he could still see very well, but there was no one on seat.

He was beginning to think if his thought was real. She had left already. He motioned further till he got to the bar and met Nora on the floor, drunk too.

He bent and carried her up, admist his drunkenness. Then, Nora's eyes opened slowly, but it was just blurry. "Daniel.." she hit him by the chest and started making love confessions in her unconscious state.

It seems it's in a drunken state one can only know who's in love with him. Daniel who was also drunk was managing to hear utterances as he was making his own too, telling each other about their feelings.

Daniel dropped her on their matrimonial bed and switched off the light as he jumped on the bed too. It's only tomorrow the two would know what's up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 18, 2015
Communication is highly needed in this marriage
Re: My Wife And I by Phikom(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Andrew114:
Infact dat would be d only saving grace and lifeline of d said marriage...
Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2015
T-Dan.
This is lovely and suspense-filled.

Please update this thread more frequently.

Thanks
Re: My Wife And I by stuff46(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
Exactly
Andrew114:
Nice updates Tdan
Re: My Wife And I by shadyflame(f): 11:10am On Mar 29, 2015
pls dear come n update o hapi Sunday
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Re: My Wife And I by WizyJ88(m): 6:20am On Mar 30, 2015
Great oor smileyGreat oor
Re: My Wife And I by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:35am On Mar 30, 2015
FIVE.

Daniel rolled from one side to the other, fast asleep. As he was sleeping, he felt something unusual had happened to him. He didn't know what it really was, his eyes were too heavy that he felt he wouldn't open them forever. He was sweating profusely even though the air conditioner of the room had been left on earlier in the day.

It was already 11pm, his wife and himself were still fast asleep. He closed his eyes more firmly and drove into the dreamland.

It was just ten minutes past five in the morning, Nora opened her eyes slowly and tried to get the image of where she was. She opened it at once as she assessed where she was. Matrimonial room? Matrimonial bed? What's happening! She muttered as her heartbeat increased at once.

What happened last night? She wondered as she looked by her left probably to remember what happened. Yes, she was drunk! Who carried her? She questioned herself as she turned her head to the right and saw Daniel by his side. Was she seeing the right thing or her eyes were just deceiving her? She had asked herself as she wiped her face again.

What happened? She muttered under her breath as she took away the bed cover and met stains of blood on herself. Did something happen?[/i]She squinted her face slightly as shook her head in disbelief. How come? She kept asking herself rhetorical questions as she stood up and picked up her things. She couldn't even remember what happened the previous night, probably because she was under the influence of the alcohol. She sure didn't remember she said some incoherent words to Daniel, likewise Daniel too. They were just drunk.

She stepped out of the room to her own room. She just had her period done the previous week, could it be that something happened between her and Daniel? She wondered as she sat down on the chair near her standing mirror. [i]Really?
She smiled as she giggled.

Anyways, she didn't feel bad about it, at least, that was her husband, not another man. "But what do I do?" She wondered as she stepped into the bathroom to have a warm shower and get her stained clothes washed. Was this the beginning of joy in their lives? She had wondered as she questioned herself.

It was six-thirty when Daniel opened his eyes and his eyes darted round the room. He could perceive Nora's scent. Anyways, was that really important that minute? He had thought as he rushed up the bed. He felt something he couldn't place his hand on had happened on him. "What happened?" He wondered as he squinted his face. "This doesn't matter, at least, I'm alive." He smiled as he glimpsed at the wall clock, it was already few minutes to seven am. He had to leave the house before seven am, wouldn't he get stucked in traffic? He wondered as he rushed to the bathroom to have his bath.

As he stepped into the bathroom, his mind flipped back to what happened last night. He remembered he was drunk and he came inside the house when he met Nora. What happened after? He couldn't remember as he swooshed out a long breath and began to bath. Just as he began bathing, he noticed he had stains of blood on his lower abdomen and his shorts were stained too. "What's this?" He wondered with a squinted face. He just hissed. "Being alive is the main thing." He had thought as he paid little attention to what just happened.

That was their first time of sex, he couldn't really place his hands on what happened to him. "I think more happened after I saw Nora." He wondered as he rushed inside the bedroom and flipped the wardrobe open. He picked up a crimson blue shirt and black silk tie which he would use on his black fitted trouser. Soon, he dressed up without looking at the surroundings. He didn't even check the bed before he darted out of the room. I offended her yesterday, how will I show my face? He wondered as he rushed to his car and drove out.

Then, Nora was done with the cooking and had served the food. She stepped into the living room and found out that Daniel had gone. "He's still annoyed with me?" She wondered as she let out air from her mouth. "God, please intervene." She muttered as she got her wedge shoes too. She had to rush to her place of work.

Daniel sank into his swivel chair as he got to his office. Everything was still not clear to him, it seemed he had to really remember everything that happened last night! He thought as he bit his finger. Did Nora sleep in that room?[/i]He wondered as he swiveled his chair to the left, deep in thought.

He was finding it hard to remember he was the one who actually carried her, he couldn't even remember he spoke to her not to talk of sleeping together. "Who knows if she has forgiven me before? Why did that lady pick up her call just to get thing worse? No! That Stephanie is meant to be hanged!" He hit his hand against the table as he swiveled his chair again, breathing heavily.

To him, his brain was really void that he was still concerned that Nora must really be indignant  at him. Stephanie picked her call again, why wouldn't she be angry? He just had the feelings that Nora slept in his room overnight and possibly something happened between them. "I was really out of this world last night." He muttered under his breath as he closed his eyes for a moment, nothing was still forthcoming! Who knows if Nora forgave me yesterday? Stephanie is a devil!" He exclaimed and his phone buzzed.   

He stared at the caller for a moment, it was an unknown mobile number. "Who's this?" He dimmed his eyes as he took a close look at the mobile number again. It wasn't in any way familiar.

He decided to pick it up. "Hello." He said as he waited for reply.

"Hello." He heard a soft voice on the other end.

"Good morning, you're speaking with Daniel." He stated quickly.

"I know who I'm calling too, Dan. This is Stephanie." She said.

"What! You this devil, I'm just thinking about you and how to start cursing you for destroying my family already!" He shouted.

"Keep calm, Daniel. That was just a fair play! You wife shouldn't take that up as if she's God."

"Are you out of your mind? What am I even saying? You are out of your life already! See, Nora, be careful!"

"Ooh... who's Nora?" Stephanie asked.

He just made a mistake of calling his wife's name instead of Stephanie's. He shrugged. "That's none of your business, I wanted to mention your own name! And wait, how did you manage to get my mobile number, the devil?" He asked.

Stephanie laughed for a while. "I get what I want, I never beg for it!" She said to him.

Daniel heaved a sigh as he just ended the call and close his eyes for a moment. He was hating Martins for taking him to meet a devil. Only God knew how she got his mobile phone number, he had thought. [i]Did Martins give her?
He had wondered. He didn't even want to think of it again, it was really annoying.

Nora rushed back home to tidy up the house. It was lunch time, she had forgotten she had to remove the bed spread for washing. To her, she still didn't know how she got to the room too, maybe a miracle just happened.

But, is Daniel aware of this? She wondered as she took off the bed cover. She wasn't sure. She had been racking her memory to remember everything that happened last night, but couldn't remember anything. She had never taken alcohol, maybe the influence of the first time she took his disorganized her system that she hardly could tell what happened at all.

She was the accountant of Mandy and Sons Limited, active and calm to all the members of staff of the company. She had never thought her marriage would turn out to be how it already was, Alex and Gloria caused this! She hit her fists together as she remembered the scene of that day again.

She had thirty minutes to conclude her washing and rush back to the office. She had been thinking of what to do, but nothing was forthcoming.

DANIEL.

I'm a man! Sure, why have I been dulling things for too long? Why? I ought to have taken that bold step to talk to Nora! Who even knows if she's been feeling the same way I'm feeling? Who knows if she was not even annoyed that day? At least, we both made the mistake, we both saw other counterparts and ran into them instantly. She should be able to forgive me, even if I had made that mistake.

God, this minute, I want to use it to ask for nothing more than suffering, afflictions, problems and hindrance, help me just pour that four on Stephanie's road! Now, she's calling me again, why? What the hell is wrong with her? I told her and she saw for herself that I'm a married man! I think Martins caused this and should be the one to eventually settle this! I really don't know where she got my mobile number, why would she keeo disturbing me? Why!

Hmmn.. maybe before I get home, I'll try to send Nora a whatsapp message, or probably ping her.

Daniel picked up his mobile phone and opened his whatsapp. He could see the chat between hmself and Nora stopped quite long back. He chuckled as he was about sending her the whatsapp message. As he could see vividly, Nora was online and prayed she replied his message instantly.

"Nora, dear." He sent to her as his heart almost skipped a beat. He felt as if he was facing a big challenge as he sent her the message. He started counting, Nora didn't reply him. It was ten minutes already and he could still see her online. "She's annoyed!" He wondered.

Nora had forgotten she had her whatsapp on. She had been trying to get the account for the company's last month expenses right. This had been giving her a problem because it seemed a file was missing.

She had visited the managing director and Secretary severally for them to check their desks if the file she had been searching for wasn't with them.

Just as she returned back to her seat that minute, she saw the file on her table. She chortled as she clapped her hands together, wondering what miracle that just happened. She never knew it was on her table and she had been going up and down, searching for the file.

That had gotten her attention for fourty five minutes that she had forgotten she was online. She just finished balancing the balance and got set to leave. She picked up her phone and dropped it inside her bag. She was really tired already, searching for a file, rushing back home to wash the bed cover.

As she stepped out to enter into her car, she saw Alex again. <em>What is Alex doing here?</em> She wondered as she tried to rush into her own car before he would see her.

Just then, she heard her name. "Nora." Alex called her.

He caused this problem I'm going through now. [/i]She had thought ashe looked at the back and saw him. He was dressed in a light-green buttoned down shirt, tucked into his black loose-fitted trouser. He wasn't using a necktie, his hair was well combed and he looked handsome in his well polished black pair of shoes.

"Good day." She just waved.

"Me? Good day? Are you trying to run away from me?" Alex demanded to know.

"Alex, see.." she raised her hand to show him her wedding ring. "I'm married and I wouldn't want a situation trouble would loom."

"It's Alex, Nora. I'm just trying to greet you."

"Okay, well enough Alex. We've greeted, haven't we?"

"Not in the right way. I'm sorry about what happened the previous day, because of that, I couldn't get your mobile number."

"What do you want to do with my mobile number? I told you I'm married now and I guess you must be engaged too, Alex."

"Forget engagement! Just give me your mobile phone number."

"I'm sorry bro, I have to go." She hopped into her car and drove out of the company.

[i]I'm now a bro?
Alex had thought as he rushed to his own vehicle. I'll follow you anywhere today!

"Even if you are angry, Nora, you have to forgive me today!" Daniel muttered as he grinned out of the plaza. He had bought Nora several gifts and had bought chicken and chips for their consumption too. He had been imagining that it would be great, that day.

He dropped everything he bought at the back seat of his car and drove out of the plaza, rushing home. He felt his thoughts had ignited strength in him and would do everything to end the problem between him and his wife.

Nora drove into the compound. She never for once knew Alex had been after her, she didn't even know his type of car, she would have at least suspected.

As she waved at the gatekeeper, she walked into the house. Just as she entered, Alex came down from his parked vehicle and knocked at the gate slightly. "I've been following her, she said I should follow her. I have to get some documents from the office." He told the gatekeeper.

The security man too never doubted what he said because he looked serious and real. "Okay." He let him into the house.

Nora is enjoying mhen! He smiled as he walked to the main door and knocked slightly.

"Just come inside." He heard Nora's soft voice and pushed the door open. "Don't be mad at me.." he quickly said before she would stand up and throw him out.

"What's the meaning of this rubbish! So you followed me, Alex?" She was infuriated already.

"Just calm down, Nora." How do you expect me to calm down when we hugged the other day and my husbands knows you now. If he finds you inside this house, what do you want me to do? You finally want to destroy my home, right?"

"Just for a while. I just want to discuss some personal issues with you, Nora. At least I know you are married now and wouldn't do anything to destroy your marriage."

"You are doing it already! You are!"

He took some steps closer to her. "You have to calm down, Nora. Let me speak." He said.

"Sure, speak on. Say whatever you want to say and leave as quick as you can!" She shouted.

Just then, Daniel had driven into the house. Her noise had not been able to let her hear Dan's honks at the gate and didn't make her know Dan's car was just driven in.

Alex placed his hand on Nora's head as he wiped down her long weavon, calming her down. "I wouldn't to anything to destroy you marriage, you know how much I care about you."

Just then, Daniel entered into the house.

You can continue reading other episodes till episode ten on my blog- www.temitopedaniel.

And please
Don't forget to nominate DANNIEDEEKONSEPTS (the blog) as the best blog- poetry and writing on Nigerian Blog Awards via www.nigerianblogawards.com just click on DANNIEDEEKONSEPTS and check your mail for confirmation e mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife And I by Kunzu(m): 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
Alex don cause yawa

#na bad luck b dis ooo

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
Wetin b dis na T-Dan? angry

This is getting annoying.
Let this two people just settle this issue, and no one should drive them apart again. sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

" The Trials Of Maclean Agu" A Story By Hydronium / Chronicles Of A Housemaid / A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.