Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) (28988 Views)

2015 Election: What You Should About INEC Card Reader / See 5 Things You Should Know About INEC Chairman, Jega’s Alleged Replacement / The Truth About Inec’s Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by kolonigga(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2015

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by MRLINGTON(m): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2015
My question is..cant d polls be rigged with d help of card readers?? D battery doesn't run down?? We have no stable power supply..would generators be provided to help charge dem? Can't dis card readers be configured to help rig elections??

Nigerians still doesn't know how best to bring us peace nd credible elections....

I pray for d safety of the Corpers sha

Moving forward>>>>>
Sai GEJ
Sai DAP

FTC again..
No be new thing again cheesy

Celebrating 1000+ Likes on Nairaland
God Bless Seun nd d super mods

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by SweetyZinta(f): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2015
Issorite, dis gonna be interesting! We must progress.

#Giveuschange ooo
#teamchange
#inBuhariWeTrust

34 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by kolonigga(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2015
Abi GEJ said he would use IT to fight corruption? YES, Now IT wants to be employed for use he/PDP is against it.... something is fishy my people.

God bless Jega/INEC

*Modified
SAY YES TO CARD READERS.
SAY YES TO PVCs
SAI BUHARI ALL THE WAY!!!

216 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by experimentist: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2015
Great info

First to comment too cheesy I dedicate this space to GEJ's safe journey back to Otuoke

Modified: shockedangry

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by macpetrus(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2015
Welcome developement!!!

Why do some political party collect VIN numbers on people voter card especially in the rural areas or small groups... Hope they are not going to code it in Card reader machine/ sim!!!... Let wait and see the out come of the test Run!!!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Great, especially the 5th part where it send the number of accredited voters to the inec server.

Why is the pdp so scared?

Lalasticlala.

43 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by spott(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2015
Wow! This is fantastic.

Say no to rigging
Say yes to PVCs
Say yes to card readers!

46 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by lukaino(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2015
This is bad news for the PDP and other parties who cannot win in a free and fair election setting...

32 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by OgologoDimkpa: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Say NO to card readers embarassed

Quote me to your peril!
Will not respond to bullshits sad

GEJ till 2019!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by jimohibrahim(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2015
that's nice at least
they are getting creative

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Burger01(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
experimentist:
Great info

First to comment too cheesy I dedicate this space to GEJ's safe journey back to Otuoke

cheesy
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by datguru: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Gej till 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Rilwayne001: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
[size=15pt] Only those planning to rig the election are scared of this [/size]

PDP/GEJ the end is coming for you

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Nice. I hope hackers won't mess up

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by LMAyedun(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Nice one

GEJ till 2015 - 2019

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Smart card readers, giving jonathan, ffk, abati, fayose sleepless nite since 2014. Sai
B
U
H
A
R
I

47 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Creamz(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Nice! It will check rigging to a reasonable extent. Now all those unused ballot papers will be returned to INEC. This is a big blow to our politicians who are used to massive rigging. PDP and APC inclusive. But for the presidential election Jonathan has lost with this card readers.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Truth24(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
k
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by EmoBoy(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Pssd
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Bede2u(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2015
The truth is dat if elections went ahead on d 14th of Feb, GEJ would have lost. So as part of damage control exercise, he postponed d election so as to get more PVC distributed in his strong holds of SS and SE. But dis in itself may still not gaurantee victory 4 Him. So d nxt logical step may be to rig d polls, which would be harder wit card readers and oda security measures put by INEC.
Truth is dat I understand GEJ. He helped Fayose win Ekiti, helped Allison-madueke win OPEC and knows losing is not an option 4 him even in d face of rising unpopularity. He would defenitely find a way to get his way. If Jega plays hardball, he may use resident electoral commissioners to perfect his plan.
However, his evil plans will not work. God pass him and na God go Win!
As for me and mine, though am from Enugu, its CHANGE all d way!! After all wat did GEJ do 4 my state apart 4rm baptizing our airport 'international'? An airport dat is currently looking like an ABC transport Bus teminal!
Shout change! Preach change!! Vote change!!!
Click like for change
Click share for PV card readers
Nothing for GEJ/PEJ/Dieziani/Okonjo dis year!!

87 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2015
The most important thing is it will be used to send Gej back to Otuoke.

18 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by oneda(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2015

1. Can't these internal memories be tampered with like changing, destroying etc to rig or to disenfranchise a particular unit?
2. What if the INEC officials at a particular region/unit are compromised? Here the opposition knows that this region/unit would definitely vote for the opposing party and the INEC official manipulate the card reader till the allotted accreditation time is past.
3. How are we sure that this card reader would not be pre-configured to favor or disfavor a particular polling unit?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by OSHUKUNUOGBO(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
fp whoa...
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by arewafederation: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
We need TANoids to tell us why PDP is so scared of card readers.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by LMAyedun(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Say NO to card readers embarassed

Quote me to your peril!
Will not respond to bullshits sad

GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by cyberdurable(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
experimentist:
Great info

[size=30] and who said u aren't Certificateless Like ur Pay master? Ur case is worse, You can't even count 1,2,3, Look well and tell me u are d 1st to comment Rubbish[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by xcelaje(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
get mtn data for as low as n1200 for 1gb whether recharge card or bank transfer

call 08064170533 or whatsapp 08097976054
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by ichidodo: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2015
Itching to see the Janjaweedes's faces when GEJ wins this election via these readers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melaye Prepares Cyberstalling Case Against Sahara Reporters, Publisher In NY / Atiku Declares To Run For President / Oby Ezekwesili: Bloomberg News On Seyi Tinubu Has Been Seen By Nine Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.