Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,406 members, 7,781,181 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1093623 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
FKO1:
You are the one that doesn't know any thing, you can write and type on any Android device.. .

That's an app oga!!!!... ahan na!!...... use it to type message on your bbm or whatsapp na..... or use it to write your reply to this post........ that's the feature of a NOTE SERIES!!.... stop showing your ignorance abeg!!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Its just a gimmick or hoax by chinese company in deceiving gullible nigerians( just like d way dey deceive us with high mega pixel causes picture sharpness).if u re still not conflvinced,take the infinix x551 note for example, the 'x551' is the S.K.U while the 'note' tell d xtra function(which is not present)..a better analogy is samsung galaxy note 12.1...the 'galaxy' rep the series of high end samsung product like galaxy s5,galaxy note;while the 'note' rep the stylus(pen on paper) fuction and the '12.1' represents the screen size(12.1 inch) same goes to LG g8.7 etc.....infinix is surposed to be sued for using 'note' without stylus,its because d product is not meant for western or civilised countries dat enforces law appropriately.they use it to market it in lawless 3rd world countries as gimmickry
FKO1:
So it never occured to you that the "note" on the infinix represents either size or the specs of the phablet it must have a stylus before it can be called a note just because Samsung Products with similar specs and have stylus are called note... Its like saying a Car must have a spare tire or it's not a car...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

That's an app oga!!!!... ahan na!!
hehehe don't you dare ... The argument was if you could write on your Android device with a stylus pen.. .
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
Its just a gimmick or hoax by chinese company in deceiving gullible nigerians( just like d way dey deceive us with high mega pixel causes picture sharpness).if u re still not conflvinced,take the infinix x551 note for example, the 'x551' is the S.K.U while the 'note' tell d xtra function(which is not present)..a better analogy is samsung galaxy note 12.1...the 'galaxy' rep the series of high end samsung product like galaxy s5,galaxy note;while the 'note' rep the stylus(pen on paper) fuction and the '12.1' represents the screen size(12.1 inch) same goes to LG g8.7 etc.....infinix is surposed to be sued for using 'note' without stylus,its because d product is not meant for western or civilised countries dat enforces law appropriately.they use it to market it in lawless 3rd world countries as gimmickry

THANK YOU!!!!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
FKO1:
hehehe don't you dare ... The argument was if you could write on your Android device with a stylus pen.. .

That wasn't the argument...... you see you now... lol olodo!
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
just as i expected, changing the topic after you have been cornered. .. Nobody is arguing the fact that Samsung makes top notch Products unlike their Chinese counterparts who are famed for making sub standard Products.. . But saying a device shouldn't be named "note" just because it doesn't have a stylus is ludicrous.. its like saying since Samsung uses the letter "s" on most most of their phones, other phonemakers shouldn't use the letter s tooo... Infinix cannot be sued for using "note" but they can and will be sued if they had used "galaxy note" cos that clearly infringes on Samsung copy right...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by lukmandwise(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Can infinix phones be rooted especially infinix zero and dis infinix hot note?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

That wasn't the argument...... you see you now... lol olodo!
I hear... So Mr man defend yourself I just proved to you that a stylus doesn't "really" determine the naming of a phablet "note"..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

That's an app oga!!!!... ahan na!!...... use it to type message on your bbm or whatsapp na..... or use it to write your reply to this post........ that's the feature of a NOTE SERIES!!.... stop showing your ignorance abeg!!
ok wait ooo. .. Now it's no longer it must have a stylus.. . It must now have to able able to write on bbm and whatsapp?.? Guy stop dey yarn like small pikin wey dem dash phone..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
Am not saying dey re infriging on sammy's intellectual property,am only say dat they re using it as a gimmick to deceive gullible nigerians,who mite see it as galaxy note 4 alternative(in terms of function).......y using 'note' when it dosnt possess note taking functions....dont get me wrong,bro....mind ur languagequote author=FKO1 post=31499020]just as i expected, changing the topic after you have been cornered. .. Nobody is arguing the fact that Samsung makes top notch Products unlike their Chinese counterparts who are famed for making sub standard Products.. . But saying a device shouldn't be named "note" just because it doesn't have a stylus is ludicrous.. its like saying since Samsung uses the letter "s" on most most of their phones, other phonemakers shouldn't use the letter s tooo... Infinix cannot be sued for using "note" but they can and will be sued if they had used "galaxy note" cos that clearly infringes on Samsung copy right... [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by damcqute(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
damcqute:
Its a great device. Just pre-ordered mine HERE ---> [url=http:///ts/i3556158/tsc?amc=aff.jumia.22363.26204.8394&rmd=3&trg=http%3A//www./infinix-hot-note/%3Futm_source%3D22363%26utm_medium%3Daff%26utm_campaign%3D8394]INFINIXHOTNOTE[/url]
EXPECTING DELIVERY NEXT WEEK,hopefully!
loool.. funny arguments all round! We seem to like unnecessary palava. Why does the name of the device matter to anyone?

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
What's all dis poo about note dis, note dat...pls let's focus on the aim of this thread and forget all these unnecessary arguments.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Have u asked urself,wa d need for stylus ,when u can type on ur fone?
FKO1:

when Samsung introduced their note series the stylus was it's selling point ... now are we talking about a Samsung device on this thread or an infinix device? so tell me, without a stylus pen you can't write on a phablet or a phone?your vague and absurd way of reasoning is astonishing.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
Tell him,he s just too archaic 4 my likng...he doesnt no d diff btw apps for note like(one note and evernote) and a stylus
JeffreyJamez:

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
Am not saying dey re infriging on sammy's intellectual property,am only say dat they re using it as a gimmick to deceive gullible nigerians,who mite see it as galaxy note 4 alternative(in terms of function).......y using 'note' when it dosnt possess note taking functions....dont get me wrong,bro....mind ur languagequote author=FKO1 post=31499020]just as i expected, changing the topic after you have been cornered. .. Nobody is arguing the fact that Samsung makes top notch Products unlike their Chinese counterparts who are famed for making sub standard Products.. . But saying a device shouldn't be named "note" just because it doesn't have a stylus is ludicrous.. its like saying since Samsung uses the letter "s" on most most of their phones, other phonemakers shouldn't use the letter s tooo... Infinix cannot be sued for using "note" but they can and will be sued if they had used "galaxy note" cos that clearly infringes on Samsung copy right...
Bro everything is a gimmick in the world of marketing, even the stylus pen is a gimmick. ..what do you mean that it doesn't posses note taking functions. . bro the basis for taking notes is taking notes and that can only be done by writing (which as i proved earlier) can be done by any Android device,any other thing na jara (mind you there are apps that can also do the work of the "jara" sef). . .
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
Tell him,he s just too archaic 4 my likng...he doesnt no d diff btw apps for note like(one note and evernote) and a stylus

Lol I'm don't replying him.... I know his kind.... dem no know but go dey form guru
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
So you are telling me Samsung didn't preinstall an app that enabled the stylus to work properly abi?.
The spen app on the note series is it an app or pap?.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
FKO1:
So you are telling me Samsung didn't preinstall an app that enabled the stylus to work properly abi?.

Go download am for playstore na lol... I doubt if you have ever handled a Note series before.... if not you no go dey yan this dust wey you dey yan so.

I'm done here
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by kennykendo(m): 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Samafroxy22:
The Jim’s Big Thing that Jumia, Infinix and MTN have been keeping secrete and putting us in suspense for, now turned out to be a 5.5 inch phablet. Take a look at the outline of the device in the jeans’ pocket in the image below…

The Infinix Hot Note is the newest flagship Phablet from the Infinix Mobile Company. The device has been officially launched by Infinix Mobile on Jumia, one of the leading online mall & MTN.Infinix Hot Note x551

The Infinix Hot Note x551 device is a 5.5 inch phablet. Just as the name implies, it is more like an elder brother to the Infinix Hot x507 Android smartphone.

The Infinix Hot Note features a screen having a 1280x720pixels HD display resolutions, powered by a 1.4Ghz mediatek octacore processor which will make it to run smoothly. This devise is enhanced 1GB RAM & 16GB ROM found in the Infinx Hot. It is also powered with super fast charging ability with a 4000mAh Li-Polymer battery capacity, 16GB internal memory (ROM) & laastly, the camera specs which states a 8MP back camera with a 2MP front camera.

Infinix Hot Note runs on the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) with SELinux – a new security modules that check all incoming programs for your device. It also screens Internets apps for permission to use your personal data.

The Infinix Hot Note is said to be the slimmest and lightest deevice in the market. Thanks to a clever screen/frame ratio, clocking in at 8.9 mm and 172g.

Infinix Hot Note x551

The Infinix Note lets you enjoy up to 70% more daily tasks. Its battery capacity can makes it last up to 2 days of extreme usage: 21hrs talk time, 8hrs video, 40hrs music playback, 6.3hrs browsing

http://techlector.com/infinix-hot-note-x551-jims-big-thing/
Infinix has got a thing for OS's that always crash they haven't rectified the bugs in their infinix zero and now a phablet............ok no p lets watch but obviously i ain't throwing my cash into that sewer........so hyped shocked shocked but yet just like every shit infinix has dropped since the inception of infinix zero angry angry its gonna be a mess
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
martineverest:
Have u asked urself,wa d need for stylus ,when u can type on ur fone?
have u asked yourself y need for a stylus when you have got fingers.. . Cos I can honestly tell you most note users hardly (by hardly I mean once) use their spen - i never used mine when I Had my note 2...forget the hyping and sugarcoating Samsung dey do , nothing really special about the spen (if you had used a note you will know what I'm talking about)
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Go download am for playstore na lol... I doubt if you have ever handled a Note series before.... if not you no go dey yan this dust wey you dey yan so.

I'm done here
lol I thought you were done exhibiting your Ignorance.. so you know I've used both the galaxy note and note 2... Stop being a fanboy and accept the truth... In your free time Google "ink over apps". .
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
gonaij:

if you think this is crappy cam, then you a re wrong! have u heard any Infinix product with 4,000mAh battery? or any note phone? that a reason for you to know that their producing parts manufacturers are now different, I have opportunity to see the infinix hot note with their student ambassador, Lasu, and can tell you that, yea! the camera is superb, check out some pix below!
You only proved to me that you have not seen a good camera phone. What does 4,000mAh have to do with lense? My issue is camera lense strength and not battery, I have access to almost constant power.

You should get a hold of a blackberry z10 and snap in absolute darkness and do same for your infinix or injoo. the difference will stare at you. Now the z10 does not even have a superb camera, that is left for Sony phones and phones like Samsung and apple who use very powerful cameras.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

I'm done here
And I'm guessing you didn't see "preinstalled" in my post. . Fanboys can twist matter sha grin grin
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by angelod90: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
osic:

how many hours would the battery last while browsing on 3G before reaching 0%
I haven't done that since the device never lets me run down the battery at the end of the day, but I'll definitely try it out and post it
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
I laff @ ur ignorances...90% of nigerians buy note 4 without knowing d real usage of stylus......if stylus is useless,y do u think microsoft bought ntrig( a s stlus company),y do u think apple is about to launch ipad plus with a stylus? Or y is microsoft surface pro tablet a headache for ipads and macbook?......have u heard of digital art?........incase u dont no,stylus function with help of digitize which gives u same feel as pen-on-paper feel....its gradually replacing normal biro and book in daily life....artist uses it to draw,designers and co uses as replacement for pencil and biro....d world is actually deviating from pen and paper to stylus and tablets...stop tinking like a 3rd world citizen...hope av lectured u enoff
FKO1:
have u asked yourself y need for a stylus when you have got fingers.. . Cos I can honestly tell you most note users hardly (by hardly I mean once) use their spen - i never used mine when I Had my note 2...forget the hyping and sugarcoating Samsung dey do , nothing really special about the spen (if you had used a note you will know what I'm talking about)
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by martineverest(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Stylus is not dependent on app..its fuction as a result digitiser influence......d digitiser is actally beneath d screen...its a handwrithing on screen to computer translator.....hope av educated u ennoff....am done with ur ignorance
FKO1:
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Akaewu: 11:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
See argument....

Btw...Chinese phone camera are wack. (Mind u am using infinix).

Bb Bold 2 3mp camera is better than all des 8-13mp shooters on Chinese phones.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Samafroxy22(m): 5:34am On Mar 11, 2015
WOW !!! Pre order now opened
Pre order Infinix Hot Note X551 In Nigeria From Jumia For As Low As N23,500 Only via http://techlector.com/pre-order-infinix-hot-note-x551-in-nigeria-from-jumia-for-as-low-as-n23500-only/
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 6:50am On Mar 11, 2015
martineverest:
Stylus is not dependent on app..its fuction as a result digitiser influence......d digitiser is actally beneath d screen...its a handwrithing on screen to computer translator.....hope av educated u ennoff....am done with ur ignorance
You are just a fanboy that's all... saying a phablet must have a stylus to be named "note" confirms how ignorant you are..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by FKO1(m): 6:59am On Mar 11, 2015
martineverest:
I laff @ ur ignorances...90% of nigerians buy note 4 without knowing d real usage of stylus......if stylus is useless,y do u think microsoft bought ntrig( a s stlus company),y do u think apple is about to launch ipad plus with a stylus? Or y is microsoft surface pro tablet a headache for ipads and macbook?......have u heard of digital art?........incase u dont no,stylus function with help of digitize which gives u same feel as pen-on-paper feel....its gradually replacing normal biro and book in daily life....artist uses it to draw,designers and co uses as replacement for pencil and biro....d world is actually deviating from pen and paper to stylus and tablets...stop tinking like a 3rd world citizen...hope av lectured u enoff
I never said the spen wasn't Useful, I said nothing was really special about it, if you an average user... The fact remains any device can be named "note" even if doesn't have a stylus. ..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Graphene(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2015
FKO1:

bruh" note" is just a term anyone can use it(as it is in this case), stop making baseless assumptions, Apple named the iPhone 6 plus they saw it fit, you expected them to name their phone after a phone made by their rivals?? Nigerians can talk wetin dem know nothing of ... It doesn't matter if the phablet / phone has a stylus pen or not.. Its just a freaking term just like Samsung Galaxy ace or Sony Xperia Z.. Now are you telling me that the above phone's have anything related (specifications wise) to their names??
Yeah, xperia Z is sony's own flagship line-up that's unique for it water-resistance capabilities. Samsung's ACE line-up offers entry-level specification and small screen(4.3"wink. People around the world would very well associate any smart phone having the acronym Note with a stylus
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by MightyFortress: 7:56am On Mar 11, 2015
This fone make sense die o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.