Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness (15204 Views)

Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Road To Redemption: A Tale Of Kratos The God Of War / Tale Of Four Women.....(lilian's Story) Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by harjibolar10(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Thronekid, thanks for the invite. Would read when my headache calms smiley

My namesake, you didn't bother calling me sadOkay o.
No vex abeg, I wanted to, but thronekid say make I no worry, say he go call you. ..

Did I see you wrote headache?

Yeehhhhhh, mogbe... My one and only namesake is having headache.
Somebody call 911 oooo

Dear, please do take care of ya self ooo, you know I care, shey?
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Psalmwise and thronekid it is a taboo if you two come in btw me and prettydiva89.. prettydiva89 u know am here jst come to my vip seat have create a space for you beside me.. just take your seat beside me owk? am all yours..
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thronekid you dae make me laugh.. wetin you call me self, hmm.. a guard?. u funny. me the kingmaker you call a guard.. hmm you won make i dethrone you.
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

Not really

But, you know say I be badoo
Harjibolar you cant be send out of here.. na me cybershow dae talk.. i be the kingmaker for here.. so i fit dethrone any king o.
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
cool
Cybershow:
Psalmwise and thronekid it is a taboo if you two come in btw me and prettydiva89.. prettydiva89 u know am here jst come to my vip seat have create a space for you beside me.. just take your seat beside me owk? am all yours..
cool
Didnt u see d notice i put up dere

owk u ddn't see

NOTICE!NOTICE!NOTICE!
This to inform the owner of this property that this property Reg N0:prettydiva89 as drawn the interest of his royal highest Kingest Psalmwise, so the above named as put is royal leg on the said property, so pls kindly stay off to avoid dungeon torture
OBA TI GBESE LE AREWA, OMIDAN prettydiva89
ENIKENI O GBODO SUNMO OMIDAN YI MOO

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
I laugh out loud.. who made you king without me being inform.. ah you are sure a fake king.. so i the king maker now decree that PSALMWISE has been dethrone, you are no longer the king.. but thronekid is made the new king..
Psalmwise:
cool cool
Didnt u see d notice i put up dere
owk u ddn't see
NOTICE!NOTICE!NOTICE!
This to inform the owner of this property that this property Reg N0:prettydiva89 as drawn the interest of his royal highest Kingest Psalmwise, so the above named as put is royal leg on the said property, so pls kindly stay off to avoid dungeon torture
OBA TI GBESE LE AREWA, OMIDAN prettydiva89
ENIKENI O GBODO SUNMO OMIDAN YI MOO

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
I laugh out loud.. who made you king without me being inform.. ah you are sure a fake king.. so i the king maker now decree that PSALMWISE has been dethrone, you are no longer the king.. but thronekid is made the new king..
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
grin
Cybershow:
I laugh out loud.. who made you king without me being inform.. ah you are sure a fake king.. so i the king maker now decree that PSALMWISE has been dethrone, you are no longer the king.. but thronekid is made the new king. couchkid.
grin

WHO DARES LAUGH OUT LOUD IN THE PRESENCE OF
HIS ROYAL MAJESTY PSALMWISE

The only man hat has ever crossed the red sea on foot

Throne kid as been dethroned
He can manage a couch
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by zyzxx(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
toykathy:

did I perceive jealousy #winks#
Same here bro. You shud knw we be padipadi nau. No mind me jare.
lol

Thanks
Sit beside me alone oo

1 Like

Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by zyzxx(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

Really?
yes oo
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Lolz... see you.. i the king maker of nairaland.. now declared loudly that you are dethrone for your misdeed.. so THRONEKID.. Kabiesi o.. is now the new king in nairaland.. anione who go against that my order will face a severe judgement..
Psalmwise:
grin grin

WHO DARES LAUGH OUT LOUD IN THE PRESENCE OF
HIS ROYAL MAJESTY PSALMWISE

The only man hat has ever crossed the red sea on foot
Throne kid as been dethroned
He can manage a couch
Lolz... see you.. i the king maker of nairaland.. now declared loudly that you are dethrone for your misdeed.. so THRONEKID.. Kabiesi o.. is now the new king in nairaland.. anione who go against that my order will face a severe judgement..
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by zyzxx(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
I love the way u choose does names OP

Following
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Cybershow:
Lolz... see you.. i the king maker of nairaland.. now declared loudly that you are dethrone for your misdeed.. so THRONEKID.. Kabiesi o.. is now the new king in nairaland.. anione who go against that my order will face a severe judgement..Lolz... see you.. i the king maker of nairaland.. now declared loudly that you are dethrone for your misdeed.. so THRONEKID.. Kabiesi o.. is now the new king in nairaland.. anione who go against that my order will face a severe judgement..
EHN WELL AH DN RELEAS KINGSHIP TO UNA....

make una jez leav moi arewa queeniest to me grin grin
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by OlufemiAbbey(m): 12:52am On Mar 10, 2015
The Oba was just rounding up his meeting with his chiefs when Akinlabi got to the palace. Brimming with excitement, he approached the guards and said,

"I want to see Kabiyesi."

Akinlabi is a very popular figure in the village, even among the guards. The guards parted ways as he came in through both the first gate and the second gate. With a lightning speed he hurriedly rushed into the palace to tell the Oba the news of his baby. With much glee, Akinlabi started prostrating from thirty yards to the throne, much to the amazement of the Oba, and somewhat amusement to some of the chiefs. With a loud voice he did paid his homage,

"Kabiyesi, Oba Orimogunje. K'ade o pe lori, ki bata o pe lese, k'ase o pe lenu. May you live longer than your fathers. May your enemies wax old and worthless like a rag. Oba Orimogunje, second-in-command to the gods, thee I greet."

With a subtle-yet-composed voice, the Oba replied,

"To what do I owe this pleasant visit from my dear son Akinlabi, the son of my late friend Akingbola? Arise, the Oba greets thee."

Akinlabi responded, "My lord, the gods smiled on me today. My ancestors brought their eternal blessings, and my father, Akingbola, filled my heart with joy."

"Enough of the parables my son! What joy befell thee today that almost rendered you a lunatic?" The Oba asked.

"My lord, today I bid goodbyes to the company of the childless. Now I join the network of the fatherhood. My wife, Awele, has been delivered of a baby girl this morning." Akinlabi replied.

The Oba arose from his throne, raised Akinlabi to his feet, embraced him and said,

"Congratulations my son. May the gods be with your child. May she become the mother of all mothers."

All the chiefs sounded in one rapturous accord,

"Ase."

After this, the Oba beckoned on two of his guards, whispered into their ears and made way to his throne. While the chiefs interrogated Akinlabi, the guards returned with sacks of money, two he-goats and a fine aso oke. Oba Orimogunje cleared his voice, beckoned on Akinlabi and said,

"My son, I promised myself the day your father Akingbola died that, I will always take care of you and look out for you; one of which is your unhindered entry into the palace, a privilege every other subject has in this village, except my chiefs. Besides, I have always seen you as one of my sons. So, here is my little gift in honour of your first child. They shall be delivered directly to your compound this very hour."

After those words, Oba Orimogunje gestured to the guards, and soon, they left the palace for Akinlabi's house. Not knowing what to say, Akinlabi prostrated on the floor thanking the Oba. This goes on for several minutes until the Oba asked him to stop and go home. Rising up from the floor, Akinlabi, with enormous joy on his face, left the palace amidst singing and dancing all by himself.

IGBOBUNMI

Akinlabi felt no need to hurry home. His wife is in company of good and trusted maids he reasoned. The name of his favourite maid is Igbobunmi, the girl he brought home from the forest during one of his night hunting. Akinlabi was on his way home after a rather frustrating hunt when he saw a baby wrapped in leaves by the road side. At first he was terrified and asked what kind of a woman would leave her child here all alone by herself in this thick forest. Later, the thought that the mother might have been attacked by a wild animal began to creep into his crowded mind. At first, he taught of walking away from the baby. But as fate would have it, suddenly, as if a magnet was drawing him closer to the baby, he turned around. When looked at his left and right, and no sign that someone might have dropped the baby there, he picked up the baby and left for home. That day made it exactly eighteen years since Igbobunmi has been faithfully serving Akinlabi. She has grown to become a beautiful damsel worthy of the richest man in Kilanko Village as wife. So adorable was Igbobunmi that Ogunmola, one of Akinlabi closest friends, asked for her hand in marriage from Akinlabi while they play aayo olopon (a common game) together. But Akinlabi, trying to play a father role, declined Ogunmola's request and instead, suggested he go to other reputable families of Kilanko Village to find himself a bride. As these thoughts rumbled on, He thought about the kind of gift befitting Igbobunmi, especially on this unique day of her life.

"Should I get her a new aso oke or beads? She has been very obedient and truthful since the day she began to talk. She has been a good maid to my wife Awele too. She deserved something huge."

While these thoughts rumbled in Akinlabi's head, looking at his hands, he noticed that the bead on his left hand was missing. For a moment he thought he had misplaced it during the rescue of Bolatito from those rapists but suddenly, he remembered he gave it to Bolatito purposefully as a seal to confirm the promise of his return to her house after leaving the palace. As if someone was cooking nearby, Akinlabi lifted up his head and inhaled deeply as if he could smell the aroma from Bolatito's meal. Like a vehicle whose break failed, Akinlabi galloped through the bushy road en route Bolatito's house. Though it is getting dark, he wouldn't mind returning home late because, first, he had promised Bolatito of his presence with a seal as proof. Second, Akinlabi is a man of his word; whatever he promised, he will do, he won't rest until it is done and third, the fear of missing Bolatito's delicacies spurred him on to continue his way to Bolatito's house. Again, marching along the bushy pathways, he remembered the last time he ate from the same plate with Bolatito; it's always fun and enjoyable. While they were eating on one particular day, Bolatito purposefully served only one meat for both of them, wanting to test Akinlabi sharing heart. To her amazement, Akinlabi galloped the pounded yam, left the only meat untouched, washed his hands and reached for the palm wine placed beside him. Impressed by Akinlabi's generous heart, Bolatito went inside and brought additional three pieces of meat for Akinlabi alone,

"I have enough meat in the pot Akinlabi. I purposely served us one to test if, perhaps, you're going to eat it all alone or share it with me. But to my surprise, you left it completely for me. That's a good heart. So, as a reward, I brought three more pieces of meat."

Akinlabi smiled as he walked along the bush through the dark. He felt proud that night as he was treated like a king by Bolatito. He was even afforded a well decorated room to pass the night. Akinlabi overheard the conversation between Bolatito and her mother as she reported his generous and kind gesture, even at meal. So, the thought of eating again, after a long time with Bolatito filled his head as he navigates his way to her house. Akinlabi was half-way Bolatito's house when, suddenly, out of nowhere, a wild animal jumped in front of him. "A lioness?" Akinlabi exclaimed! But before he could decide whether to confront the lion or to take to his heels, the lioness pounced on him and overpowered him.
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by TRIPPLEAB(m): 1:45am On Mar 10, 2015
Ogbeni olufemiabbey come and continue this ur story now or else
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by pinkycute(f): 1:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm I prayed Akinlabi survived the Lioness attached sad
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by cutieepearl(f): 5:56am On Mar 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmm I prayed Akinlabi survived the Lioness attached sad

Same here dear
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Cybershow(m): 6:22am On Mar 10, 2015
Psalmwise:

EHN WELL AH DN RELEAS KINGSHIP TO UNA....

make una jez leav moi arewa queeniest to me grin grin
No i no gree give you prettydiva o.. dont you know we have being join together by king THRONEKID
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 10, 2015
u are invited:
amxgr8(m), Candyrain
(m), sugarboii(m),
everrichy(m),
westsyde92,
segxi1960, hayurmidey
(m), phraoh(m),
whizidude(m),
danyel09(m),
Charlescobi(m),
rolayemi(m),
iyisco2001(m),
Adebolade(m), huntila
(m), hambehsam(m),
baski92(m), Azeola,
Daddi, abdulkhafeed(m)
, Hanasbay(m),
lanreabbey(m),
Solomonodimegwu(m),
oluwatobi01(m),
buoye1(m), lorddeni,
kristonium(m), spodeb,
marvelito, gabe15, Ilac
(f), Franceska(f),
Divineluv14(f), Mprex(f)
, MissSlimbody(f),
adaobi123(f),
Ladyteethato(f),
nikkyshyne(f), safarigirl
(f), fairygeh(f),
nneh1(f), dominique(f),
jenyna, rapheasco(m),
DahtzFestjayz(m),
Decapo(m), happyjuliet
(f)

2 Likes

Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by harjibolar10(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2015
A lioness?

I pray he survive that ooo
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 8:29am On Mar 10, 2015
cool
Cybershow:
No i no gree give you prettydiva o.. dont you know we have being join together by king THRONEKID
cool

No road for u...ur way dn block...no b wan dey ur profile pinshure

U re on a long thing...cos u ve been previously marid...no room for polygammy tongue

cheesy
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2015
The return of Samson d lion slayer....
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by mubzay(f): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmm! On his joyous day. What a pity! The lioness has a plan and he fell into her trap. May he survive d ordeal.
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Cybershow:
No i no gree give you prettydiva89 o.. dont you know we have being join together by king THRONEKID
Yeah, I did but I asked her upload her pix na, abi wetin she dey wait for? But till den, Psalmwise, keep off!
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2015
cheesy
thronekid:

Yeah, I did but I asked her upload her pix na, abi wetin she dey wait for? But till den, Psalmwise, keep off!
yea dat guy is married already...from reliable source and pictorial evidenc he as 5diff wedding rings + d 1 on is profil pinshurecheesy
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Psalmwise:
:Dyea dat guy is married already...from reliable source and pictorial evidenc he as 5diff wedding rings + d 1 on is profil pinshurecheesy
Swear! Cybershow, I don die!
By the power confered on me, Psalmwise takes immediate ownership of prettydiva89! Anyone found wanting shall be thrown in the dungeon!
Guards, Go lock Cybershow in the dungeon of Despair!
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by saxwizard(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
getting interesting
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by kizzykeziah: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pheew, glad I just read this. Nice setting, OP and nice story too.
Gladly following.
harjibolar10:

No vex abeg, I wanted to, but thronekid say make I no worry, say he go call you. ..
Did I see you wrote headache?
Yeehhhhhh, mogbe... My one and only namesake is having headache.
Somebody call 911 oooo
Dear, please do take care of ya self ooo, you know I care, shey?

Namesake mi, thanks o. 911 responded promptly smiley
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by harjibolar10(m): 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Namesake mi, thanks o. 911 responded promptly smiley
You mind zobo and chin chin?

Just ask, and it shall be given
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by DahtzFestjayz: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
hayurmidey:
u are invited:
DahtzFestjayz(m)
Now Here. Thanks for the invite Hayurmidey. Good story line.
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Now Here. Thanks for the invite Hayurmidey. Good story line.
You are highly welcome
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by zyzxx(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hmm
Dis becoming more Intresting

ko do fe lo ile
Re: Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness by Psalmwise(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
thronekid:

Swear! Cybershow, I don die!
By the power confered on me, Psalmwise takes immediate ownership of prettydiva89! Anyone found wanting shall be thrown in the dungeon!
Guards, Go lock Cybershow in the dungeon of Despair!
cheesycheesy

I prefer u lock him up in a pit latrine cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / The Gift Of A Good Man / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.