Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (47781 Views)

My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Exponental(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
I wont even go there. Irrespective of her age.
Issues like that involve real talk n understanding. No parent can stop a child from relationship/ sex. If not done in d open, it will be done secretly.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
kilokeys:
bang at the door like crazy...

there is no way a Man would hear the mother of his babe wailing at the door and still keep his er.ction..

e go faint..
lol.

Haha
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
VickyRotex:
undecided undecided lipsrsealed undecided

Il get a carpenter to pull the door down

Thats not embarrassing right? undecided

As if yøu don't do
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by hamilton62(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
lofty900:
You heard that your teenage daughter is in a man's house, as a mother/father you rush down in panic to the place, only to find the door locked.

You try to peep inside, no way.

You try to call her phone but it's switched off. The only proof u have is her shoes that are in front of the guy's house!

As a smart parent, how will you handle this delicate issue without embarrassing yourself ?
You are wrong with this question. Who'll embarrass who?
You were meant to ask: how to handle without embarassing your daughter?
Though she wanted to be embarrassed and I won't give it a second thought to do that... I don't have any problem with the dude because she willingly went to his house and agree to stay at locked door with him but my supposing daughter, others will ask her if I am really her father because....
Taking the shoe doesn't stop it... She needs to be treated according to the magnitude of the sin right away, even if she's innocent of our thoughts right now but she's not meant to be in a locked room alone with a dude.
She has to know the consequencies of the action in case in the future even if they were watching movies because out of this some negativity are borne.
When it comes to setting things right, I don't hesitate because your actions as parents imbibe more into our offspring... Acquired from experience.
The Bible said "spoil the rod and save the child", it didn't say cane, so it means than in extreme situations like this, extreme measures are applied but.
A chicken does kill its chick by stepping on it.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Beyhiodie(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt]No matter her age, since they aren't married yet, u will now lock my daughter in your house abi? When i can see her shoes outside, issokay.smiley

Thunder ⚡ wey go fire u that day, na newly made. angry

And as for the pikin mata, i reserve my judgment.
[/size]
lolz. Newly made thunder??!
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
antiboko:
My business is with the man if I were the mother, I would allow my daughter to go home and ask the man what he did to my girl and if he said he was tutoring her then both the man and I av to be locked in his room so he can tutor me 6 hours
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
LordVoldemort:
I will do nothing, go home straight and nxt time she is going out, I will give a pack of condom and postinor 2 and tell her in case she might need it where she is going.
Jeeeeeeeeeesus!!!
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Justbeu(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
My old woman wil just get d police&one person 2 witness & d rest depend on how matured d guy is,& how organize he uses every word dat comes out of his mouth,mummy will understand u if u know how 2 talk,but she will make u go tru a ligther punishment,so dat u learn ur lesson.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by LewisO: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beyhiodie:
lolz. Newly made thunder??!
[size=15pt]Yes o, my broda new one. cheesy[/size]
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by hamilton62(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Exponental:
Issues like that involve real talk n understanding. No parent can stop a child from relationship/ sex. If not done in d open, it will be done secretly.
You are right to an extent, I believe this issue needs reall talk and understanding. Do you think the parents haven't told her severally about this... In this situation, you need the good cop, bad cop action...
On the scene, you deal evenly with her since she decided to disgrace herself and not her parents and leave her after the night then first thing in the morning, call her with your partner and reason as a dad with her, letting her mother do the finishing touches... That's the way to get it right here.
Some children believe in, afterall, my parents will just yell and nothing else... Play with the 2 sides of the card and you will see how effective it turns out to be.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by fikky2013(f): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
afolag:
take those shoes home to wait for ur daughter. .....its a case to settle at home.

Gbam
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by UnimkeAk(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Teenage daughter still in secondary sch. I will just wait bk at home with my koboko.

Teenage babe In the Uni, I'll ask her mum to talk to her.

My daughter won't dare try that in the first place, by exhibiting her youthful exuberance in the neighbourhood.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Truckpusher(m): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
lofty900:
You heard that your teenage daughter is in a man's house, as a mother/father you rush down in panic to the place, only to find the door locked.

You try to call her phone but it's switched off. The only proof u have is her shoes that are in front of the guy's house!

As a smart parent, how will you handle this delicate issue without embarrassing yourself ?
I'll bring down the entire fuccking door.
Of course the he-goat is aware what will follow next. angry
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Adyrin(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Love the comments...just kept laughing grin
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by psalmuelwater(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I will break down that house! angry
bkus if I say mah go call police or neighbors, the man fit do anything to my daughter!
woman!!!!! Wetin he wan do ur daughter wey wan pass wetin he don dey do am? Abi dem tell u say ur daughter neva start to dey take am? Dont v dt second tot at all. Pull down d door.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by stanisbaratheon: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
afolag:
take those shoes home to wait for ur daughter. .....its a case to settle at home.

what if she can afford to buy another one that looks exactly like that one?
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Melahou(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
You just reminded me of my secondary sch days same thing happened to me.

There was this girl i was dating in the same compound back then

There was this fateful morning when everyone in the compound had gone out.
I gave her our usual signal and she sneaked into my room to collect a quick shot.

Not knowing that information has gotten to her dad that she was in my room.

Before we knew it we had banging @ the door...
My thought was who could be knocking @ the door by this time because it was around 10am in the morning so everyone has gone out and probably till 6pm.
When i peeped through the window i was shocked to see her dad and two of our security officers standing @ the door?.the dad shouted "open that door now before i break am down" i say "open that door now"
"I know you are inside cos your slippers is outside here"
There was confusion everywhere as i didn't no what to do...the babe was already crying and whispering "am dead oh am dead oh.

I queried her why she left her slippers outside but she looked @ me angrily.

We ran out of options and decided to open the door after more than an hour.

What happened next is story for another day.
But she was given the beating of her life that day.

1 Like

Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
The situation is already an embarrassment, and one can't call that a rape because the girl didn't shout, so just knock softly and ask the guy to excuse your stupid daughter for you. you can then go and finish the rest of the training which you the parent didn't give her well at home... I hope it helps
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by JoeCutie(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
As a parent, I'll try my very best not to push my children too hard. I'll try and make sure I know most of their movements. Try and be in constant touch, communicate with them. One of the key measures I'd take is to always advice them to bring their friends home. In that case, I'd be able to keep an eye on them.

The worst thing that you'd do as a parent is to create a room for fear in your house. You're finished. Make them love you, respect you and be free with you. They'd be honest with you. Encourage them to make friends, but to be very careful.

If possible, advice them not to have sex, but then to always protect themselves if they must do it (that's if and when they are up to age). Make your children your best friends (and occasionally play with them too), and be sure of having a happy and united home. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by TrishaP(f): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

what if she can afford to buy another one that looks exactly like that one?
How would she know it is her mom that took the shoes for her to reason buying another same shoe?
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Olaone1: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Exponental:
Don't mind them. As if these posters were innocent in their teens. Did all this "beating of your life" stop y'all? I mean ladies in here?
Examples abound. The fact is once girls start dating/having sex, nothing on this planet can stop the "enjoyment".
Counselling works, though. Well, to an extent.
Hypocrites on NL, I hail o.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by LordVoldemort(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
YoungDaNaval:
Jeeeeeeeeeesus!!!

There is nothing you can do to stop her once she tasted it, the only solution is to contain the situation by making her trust you with senstive info with that you will be able to guide her and educate her about sex nad relationship matter. If you go ganster on her she will still do it behind ur backs which might lead to catastrophe
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Preternatura1(f): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
You just wait for her to come home and then talk about it, except the girl was kidnapped, though I don't get what you mean by "man" is that like a teenager dating an older guy or something?
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Olaone1: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
LordVoldemort:

There is nothing you can do to stop her once she tasted it, the only solution is to contain the situation by making her trust you with senstive info with that you will be able to guide her and educate her about sex nad relationship matter. If you go ganster on her she will still do it behind ur backs which might lead to catastrophe
Nice one jare
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Elvis506(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I will break down that house! angry
bkus if I say mah go call police or neighbors, the man fit do anything to my daughter!
without embarrassing yourself?
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by olaolulazio(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
change your voice to that of a young lady/guy, call his name while holding a tick stick......

Hit him hard when he comes out and.......

Take your stuiiipiiiid daughter home.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Originalsly: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
You already embarrassed yourself by running down to the man's house...peeping inside and all that.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by Eluwilussit(m): 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt]No matter her age, since they aren't married yet, u will now lock my daughter in your house abi? When i can see her shoes outside, issokay.smiley

Thunder ⚡ wey go fire u that day, na newly made. angry

And as for the pikin mata, i reserve my judgment.
[/size]

Na only your daughter get shoes like that? U go break door finish, come find out say na the man wife shoes be that. grin
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by VickyRotex(f): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
DonaldGenes:

As if yøu don't do

Do what

Me and you ba undecided
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by smsdigito: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
lofty900:

wao, i will borrow a rusted cutlass the type that if it enters someones' skin the person will catch rabies immediately and trek to the house scratch the cutlass on the floor and shout you people finish am waiting at the door, today there must be a death recorded.
Then i will sit down and be whistling my native war song which says " war na war, war na war biko warn na war no matter how small war na war".
Just imagine the rest of the story.

1 Like

Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by VickyRotex(f): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
TrishaP:

That'll be more embarrassing and complicated to you, your daughter, the guy and the carpenter join.

Depending on your daughters age tho, To me,.. I think the best way to handle this kind of situation is by staying a Mile away from the environment for them to come out. I said that because, what if it turns out not being your daughter or someone else's shoe that looks exactly like that of your daughter, you can just walk away from there.

But if the reverse is the case, then you can make sure they both see you waiting outside, pick your daughter home for alot of explanations.

Lols. smiley Babe, I get your point, your right. But its easier said than done.

You know at that point, the mother's brain wont boot that well, and the only thing that would be on her mind then is to have the door opened at all cost.

Its after the action she calms down, and then wishes she had gone back home to wait for her daughter.
Re: Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? by VickyRotex(f): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Odunharry:

person door? you go pay for damages I swear
...you for follow ur daughter go school na

Before nko

He wee pay for my daughter's damages too.. grin
50-50.
I dont have to follow her to school na undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family / Man Hospitalised After Beating From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.