Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? (14672 Views)

I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by DaZion(m): 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
As we are now in this world.Many christians don't even bother to know whether is closest friend is a believer or unbeliever...
Some even choose an unbeliever as their partner and mentor without knowing that they are diverting their spiritual life into an unspiritual life...

Brethren, Is it right/good to have close friendship with an unbeliever as a christian?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Mattpopson101: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Started from the Bottom now im here.
FTC for the 1st time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Tolexander: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Jesus played with the unbelievers

17 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by freshness2020: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Do not be unequally yoked.....na so bible talk am.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Who is an unbeliever?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by xreal: 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
freshness2020:
Misinterpretation!
Haven’t you seen a CAN president don running guns?

The interpretation is - Associate only with those who do my WILL.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by jimohibrahim(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
it doesn't really matter...
friends come naturally

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by samuelson06(m): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Who is an unbeliever?

An Unbeliever is someone who does not believe on our Lord Jesus Christ. Such a person is an enemy.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by freshness2020: 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
xreal:

Misinterpretation!
Haven’t you seen a CAN president don running guns?

The interpretation is - Associate only with those who do my WILL.
how's that a problem..... we are fighting a common enemy called bh.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
samuelson06:

An Unbeliever is someone who does not believe on our Lord Jesus Christ. Such a person is an enemy.
how do you know an unaeliever?.john 4:24

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by elantraceey(f): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
freshness2020:

Can you explain and link those words regarding to this context .
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by elantraceey(f): 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
samuelson06:

This exactly is the problem with Christians , Paul clearly stated in the bible that your enemy should be that brother that after knowing and learning the ways of God still do the 'wrong' things , those people should be your enemies .

Please go and study .

18 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
How do you intend to win them over? Is it when you are unfriendly to them?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by samuelson06(m): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
how do you know an unbeliever?.john 4:24

How to know an Unbeliever is simple: you ask the person, do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? If person says yes, then how? The person must have confessed the Lordship of Jesus Christ upon his/her life according to Romans 9:10 else the person believed a vain thing.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by dsquare33: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
The word of the Lord said we should be unequally yoke with unbelivers.It means we should not condone their beliefs, prefrences and lifestyles. for example somebody who is a drinkard, some body who attends clubs in short one who sins. Do we now say because we do not want to loose their friendship we should conform to their lifestyles. We are to love them as our fellow human and to pray for their salvation but not to follow their ways .Romans 12vs 2 be not conform to this world but be ye transform by the renewing of mind so that you will prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God , Ist John2vs15"do not love the world or the things of the world.if any loves the world, the love of the father is not in him".

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by freshness2020: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
elantraceey:

Can you explain and link those words regarding to this context .
2 Corinthians 6:14-17King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by samuelson06(m): 12:14am On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

This exactly is the problem with Christians , Paul clearly stated in the bible that your enemy should be that brother that after knowing and learning the ways of God still do the 'wrong' things , those people should be your enemies .

Please go and study .

Lol. Calm down. I want to ask you: can you stay in the same house with any member of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram? See, you crush an enemy. It's either they are with us or they are against us. Either light or darkness. Either friend or foe.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 08, 2015
The Bible urges us not to be "unequally yoked together with unbelievers". Most of ♍Ɣ close friends are muslims, Wε share things in common & respect eachothers religious belief. The day any of them disrespects ♍Ɣ God is †нε day I'll put an end to †нε closeness.
To be sincere, they're far better than some of ♍Ɣ Christian friends...as long as it doesn't affect ur relationship with God, I see nofn wrong in that

14 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Maczeelly(m): 12:35am On Mar 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by aboy247: 12:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Me I don't really care some of My friends are Muslim, we just respect each others fate.

Nigerian Troops Recapture Two Strategic Local Governments From Boko Haram
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/world-news/item/3734-nigerian-troops-recapture-two-strategic-local-governments-from-boko-haram
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by uromicom: 12:37am On Mar 08, 2015
grin
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Juliaann(f): 12:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Yesss you can convert them to Christianity

After all Jesus dined with sinners
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Moloso(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2015
just passing by
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by lolaxavier(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2015
samuelson06:

What is dis one saying?
I don't believe in god not to talk of jesus. In that case, come and kill me since I am your enemy...all dis sick in the head religious poo...mtchewww

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 08, 2015
this OP na mumu o

that is how they start religious war.

In yoruba land, we learn to live as one...

Na Wa for you ibos....i don tire

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by gbenga4sure(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2015
No but dont also make malice with them
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by 12345DKO(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2015
It is advisable not to be close friends with unbelievers, reason being that one may be influenced negatively; this is why the Word of God in 1Corinthians 15 : 33 says that BE NOT DECEIVED, EVIL COMMUNICATION (COMPANY) CORRUPTS GOOD MANNERS.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by HoneySwag(f): 12:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Its nt gud n its nt bad either bt such friendship shuld av limit. Since u knw dat person is an unbeliever don't completely avoid such person. Just ensure u don't get influenced by d ways of life of such person. U may be d one who'll win her to Christ because she may get to admire u if u av a gud reputation n always tell such person abt d love of God

Happy Sunday!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by Lilaex: 12:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Yes o! By so dwin u hav d chnc to win dir souls 4 christ. Bt such relatnshp shud be closly mnitrd to avoid d oposit.
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by ObaOlodo(m): 12:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Yea
Re: Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? by freethinker01: 12:44am On Mar 08, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / Adeboye Calls For The Release Of Leah Sharibu From Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.