Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? (3568 Views)

Wedding Rings Only / Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Most Guys Don't Fancy Wearing Wedding Rings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by free2ryhme: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2015
I know that engagement rings can be either gold or silver, but can weddings rings be silver or only gold? I've never seen a silver wedding ring before, only gold.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by TI1919(m): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2015
Is wedding ring compulsory? cool
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by PrettyClare7(f): 10:22am On Mar 08, 2015
you can even use rubber

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by free2ryhme: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2015
TI1919:
Is wedding ring compulsory? cool

the question is for those who chooses to use wedding rings

and it is not an argument of whether wedding rings are compulsory

2 Likes

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Iolo(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
I've seen a number of couples use silver wedding bands. It's just not common but jewellery shops stock them.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Preternatura1(f): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Yea, wedding bands also come in silver.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Yea,there are silver wedding bands and in my opinion they are finer. I would go for the silver
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
You can have anything you like be it GL, Gold, Silver, Platinum or even rarer metals
Its up to you whatever you fancy/can afford
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by MymothersKeeper(f): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
Who still uses gold nowadays ? annoying question don't you travel out or can't afford cable TV ? Only diamonds on a silver band for female & silver band for male is in vogue ok. Ugly gold with hideous crown is gone
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
MymothersKeeper:
Who still uses gold nowadays ? annoying question don't you travel out or can't afford cable TV ? Only diamonds on a silver band for female & silver band for male is in vogue ok. Ugly gold with hideous crown is gone
seriously same thing i was thinking o....that bella naija dream wedding cheesy ..OP it depends on ur pocket,she shld understand...never over do....e go better
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by itstpia99: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
The question is unnecessary.

there is white gold which looks like silver.

why not google these things.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by rofemiguwa(f): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Diamonds are not placed on silver, they are laced on platinum or white gold. Silver is fine and shiny but it tarnishes fast because its a lesser metal. Ple wear gold(both yellow and white) becos of longevity and durability. What u see on silver are stones(CZ) your silver wedding band will get dull within the first 4ix months of using it, some even less. I knw of a bride that hers tarnished in one week,bcZ she was using to wash plates, cook, and the rest. So it tarnished faster.

O if u have the money, go for gold. If u don't have go for silver ending when u get money to change it to a more durable metal. Infact I will advise u go for titanium. Its even more durable than gold. Won't tarnish fast and caN withstand lots of scratches unlike gold and silver. And guess what it is really cheap.

MymothersKeeper:

At the end of the day op is ur choice.

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Originalsly: 6:17am On Mar 09, 2015
Don't have to be gold... can be silver or whatever. Gold is widely used because it does not fade, get rusty, dirty, stained or blemished. After 50 years of marriage .... regardless of your job as a mechanic or painter....after taking your bath the ring will be in pretty much the same condition as on wedding day.

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Tantidora(f): 6:41am On Mar 09, 2015
Its white Gold laced with diamond
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Ewuro4: 6:45am On Mar 09, 2015
free2ryhme:
I know that engagement rings can be either gold or silver, but can weddings rings be silver or only gold? I've never seen a silver wedding ring before, only gold.

It's not silver but white gold cool

So yes.... It can. There's even rose gold too.

Ask your Bae which (gold&white&rose) she desires grin

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Ewuro4: 6:47am On Mar 09, 2015
White gold..

2 Likes

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Ewuro4: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Rose gold..Complete set

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by lamdec(f): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Diamonds are not placed on silver, they are laced on platinum or white gold. Silver is fine and shiny but it tarnishes fast because its a lesser metal. Ple wear gold(both yellow and white) becos of longevity and durability. What u see on silver are stones(CZ) your silver wedding band will get dull within the first 4ix months of using it, some even less. I knw of a bride that hers tarnished in one week,bcZ she was using to wash plates, cook, and the rest. So it tarnished faster.

O if u have the money, go for gold. If u don't have go for silver ending when u get money to change it to a more durable metal. Infact I will advise u go for titanium. Its even more durable than gold. Won't tarnish fast and caN withstand lots of scratches unlike gold and silver. And guess what it is really cheap.

At the end of the day op is ur choice.

Well, I dont understand the kind of silver you saw, maybe it was metal painted silver. My wedding ring and my husband's band is pure sterling silver(the highest form of silver) and we have been wearing it for a year and it has never tarnished and by the way i use it to wash, cook, bath, eat and do whatever.
So OP if you want to buy a wedding ring and you are thinking of using silver, please get a seller you can trust that can give you warranty on what you are buying, our ring has 2years warranty. All the best

1 Like

Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by veave(f): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
You can mix all and wear a ring on each finger of yours. That way, you will be thoroughly and truly married.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by veave(f): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
lamdec:

Well, I dont understand the kind of silver you saw, maybe it was metal painted silver. My wedding ring and my husband's band is pure sterling silver(the highest form of silver) and we have been wearing it for a year and it has never tarnished and by the way i use it to wash, cook, bath, eat and do whatever.
So OP if you want to buy a wedding ring and you are thinking of using silver, please get a seller you can trust that can give you warranty on what you are buying, our ring has 2years warranty. All the best

Two years warranty? Thats short. I guess you have in mind of changing regularly as time goes on...
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by damayfoli: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
We have selected the highest standard silver rings.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by aanuoluwami14(f): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
I love the gold
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by MufasaLion: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2021
Go get yourself some ice. Nothing beat ice. cool
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by damayfoli: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
We have selected the highest standard silver rings actually. In general, we found wholesale silver jewelry online and now I often buy silver jewelry for my wife. Silver jewelry is an increasingly popular style of jewelry, and over time, this trend has become more and more fashionable among women. Most importantly, my wife loves the silver rings and accessories I bought for her.
Re: Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2022
free2ryhme:
You can get a plastic one or one made of enamel, ivory or even jade these days. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Wife Crave For Sex With Me? / My Ex Banged Me Even With Pregnancy / All You Should Know When Your Little One Has Diarrhoea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.