Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? (3506 Views)

Who Did Cain In The Bible Marry? / Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? / Where Did Cain Get His Wife From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2015
It was stated in the Bible that Cain left after killing his brother Abel. It was also stated that he got married there. This same Bible stated that Adam and Eve were the first set of people to be created and they gave birth to Cain and Abel. So where did Cain get his wife from?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Moloso(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2015
the town he run to he get her from a tree...
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 10:57am On Mar 08, 2015
Moloso:
the town he run to he get her from a tree...
Lol...
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by adahgold(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2015
People say premarital sex is bad and it is stated in d bible,please should some one read genesis 19 vs 8, did lot encouraged it by giving his virgins daughter to his visitors?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2015
I don't know. Maybe there is a part of the whole cain and abel story I can't understand or I missed out. I just need people's view on this. I don't think the Bible said anything about some other people living somewhere else.. so its really confusing when the Bible said he got married where he went to. How come the Bible didn't tell us about the other people
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2015
adahgold:
People say premarital sex is bad and it is stated in d bible,please should some one read genesis 19 vs 8, did lot encouraged it by giving his virgins daughter to his visitors?
These things just confuse me..
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2015
His sister.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by leke12(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Lol! The Adam and Eve story is a fallacy of the jews mythology. Humans especially the Negro have been in existence since time memorial. Africans are the cradle of mankind and there are evidences to prove it.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:22am On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
His sister.
Lol is that not I n c e s t ?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2015
leke12:
Lol! The Adam and Eve story is a fallacy of the jews mythology. Humans especially the Negro have been in existence since time memorial. Africans are the cradle of mankind and there are evidences to prove it.
Evidences like?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:29am On Mar 08, 2015
7stargen:

Lol is that not incest?
Law came after the freedom of Israel from Egypt. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2015
Give me a single myth that makes use of history
leke12:
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2015
His sister or at least I like to think so.

There are so many confusing things infact
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Law came after the freedom of Israel from Egypt. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
I think law existed ever before the freedom of israel
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
7stargen:

I think law existed ever before the freedom of israel
You're so ignorant of what you wish to condemn.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
Tandullceblog:
His sister or at least I like to think so.

There are so many confusing things infact
Marrying his sister does not just sound right.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:43am On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You're so ignorant of what you wish to condemn.
I don't think I'm condemning anything here smiley. We are all here to know that which seems confusing. I don't think you are so sure yourself
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Sleekydee(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2015
adahgold:

Why are u so carnal minded.....am even sure u didn't start reading d chapter from the beginning...because if u did, it would be obvious to see that it was out of service to the Lord's Angels.....d pple wanted to know the angels carnally, out of fear of repercussions, Lot offered is daughters instead(ofwhich dey rejected).....so don't sit on ur dumb ass chair and think Lot was trying to promote premarital sex...it must have been a very difficult decision for him to put his daughters forward, but then he Loves God and his pple more.....twas like a temptation....just lime Abraham and Isaac wen God requested Isaac.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2015
Sleekydee:

Why are u so carnal minded.....am even sure u didn't start reading d chapter from the beginning...because if u did, it would be obvious to see that it was out of service to the Lord's Angels.....d pple wanted to know the angels carnally, out of fear of repercussions, Lot offered is daughters instead(ofwhich dey rejected).....so don't sit on ur dumb ass chair and think Lot was trying to promote premarital sex...it must have been a very difficult decision for him to put his daughters forward, but then he Loves God and his pple more.....twas like a temptation....just lime Abraham and Isaac wen God requested Isaac.
Hmmmmmm smiley
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by johnydon22(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:

Since the law wasnt in existence then, On what ground of immorality was the world destroyed in the time of noah? since their was no law then?

How come they were destroyed..!!!
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Since the law wasnt in existence then, On what ground of immorality was the world destroyed in the time of noah? since their was no law then?

How come they were destroyed..!!!
I tire oh.. @misogynist2014 come and answer that o
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Give me a single myth that makes use of history

Adam and eve story is just one of the numerous first human stories found in different cultures and societies... Like the Hindus believe its Vishnu, Yorubas believe its Oduduwa, jew say its Adam..

These are just myths and not historical facts, i think you want so well to accept the biblical myths (mesopotamian inspired tho) as truth and dismiss others even the ones its copied from to be myth..

The story of cain and abel is originally a kenite fable that was adopted by the jewish scribe that formulated the adam and eve story and fictiously added to it..

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
7stargen:

I tire oh.. @misogynist2014 come and answer that o
Its due to neccessity to procreate, not due to lust of the body that made Cain go to bed with his sister. As for your question, take this sage verse by St. Paul (peace of God abide with him)--> For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Adam and eve story is just one of the numerous first human stories found in different cultures and societies... Like the Hindus believe its Vishnu, Yorubas believe its Oduduwa, jew say its Adam..

These are just myths and not historical facts, i think you want so well to accept the biblical myths (mesopotamian inspired tho) as truth and dismiss others even the ones its copied from to be myth..

The story of cain and abel is originally a kenite fable that was adopted by the jewish scribe that formulated the adam and eve story and fictiously added to it..
Though I admit my inability to quench your ignorance, Oduduwa is not a myth, he is an idolized legend.
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by johnydon22(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Though I admit my inability to quench your ignorance, Oduduwa is not a myth, he is an idolized legend.

lolzz are we to start arguing over yoruba mythology?

Yoruba creation mythology have it that olodumare create everything and created the first man (oduduwa) at ile-ife.. (many legends still follow the character oduduwa but we are focusing on creation fables)

why not stick to the jeiwsh mythology we are into..

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
What then is oduduwa if not a myth?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Its due to neccessity to procreate, not due to lust of the body that made Cain go to bed with his sister. As for your question, take this sage verse by St. Paul (peace of God abide with him)--> For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
So necessity to procreate justifies the action??...
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
From the people of Nod

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by 7stargen(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sheghs:
From the people of Nod
And those ones are from?
Re: Where Did Cain Get His Wife From? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
7stargen:

So necessity to procreate justifies the action??...
Whether his action is justifiable to you or not, we know he married his sister, like the daughters of lot collected the seed from their father.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Wife Holds White Prophets, Disciples Hostage, Locks Them Up / Please Beware Of This Drink(pictures) / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.