Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Please Advice Me On This Car Palava - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advice Me On This Car Palava (913 Views)

Please Advice Me On Which Of These SUV Should I Buy... Urgent (pix Inside) / Isn't This Car Too Good For N1.3M? See Pictures! / I Want To Buy This Car Please Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by gbokukueba(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
I met a custom officer through a friend at the office and he helps people buy cars from cotonou. He told me N780k for 1997 Bulldog. I didnt have much money then so i gave him 250k initially then later another 250k then 100k in 2 installment. In all i paid him 700k as at 12th of December all these while he promised to buy the car for me with his money then i will balance him. i did my wedding in december and he promised to deliver the car before my wedding he idnt, hepromised to deliver on chritmas day he didnt, he promised to deliver on new year day he didnt, he promised first week in jan, he failed. S i told him to refund me he has been promising he has not refunded, he gave me tomorrow as the final day he will pay after 2 earlier days that he didnt fulfill. Right now i dont know where the car is and even if he bought the car the only evidence of the car is the pix he took from cotonou. What do i do to this person. He said the reason he is delaying is because he is trying to do custom papers for the car. Since 17th of Nov i first paid him.
Please advice me.
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by abbyode(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2009
I'm afraid he is playing a fast run on u, U can't have genuine custom papers for a 1997 car because itz illegal bringing it to naija in d first instance.
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by SuperPap: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2009
I suggest that u collect ur money from this man as it seems he wil never pay u back.
Keep calling him and try to collect it in installments b4 d month ends.3 months is enough
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by igwe11(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2009
I'm sure if you play your game very well, You will definitely find out what actual happened to your money.For me i will say he has been trading with your money, Moreover collecting your money now means loss as the price of the car ain't going to be the same again as Naira depreciates against other currencies.
Let your unknown close friend try him with similar order with a promise to pay him double the amount if he can bring the car to his doorstep before payment,
If that worked out, I guess you 've seen your pre ordered car smiley cool
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by promise72(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2009
Left to me. I will say this money is gone. Unless hes a full fledge dealer, how do you expect to pay him in pieces and still get the car. The money is long spent. Like the say around here:

Money gone!

Sorry to break it to you. Or may be Miracle do happen. Good luck.
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2009
@ gbokukueba:

I'd say you've been hoodwinked.
As a Customs Official, he'll deny all knowledge of any money you paid him - what he was doing was illegal, so I can't see him admitting anything.
It'd be hard for you to beat him with the law too, as what you were trying to do was also illegal, the car's way to old to import legally into Nigeria.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but the truth's bitter.
I'd say you've seen the last of your money.
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by igwe11(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2009
Siena:

@ gbokukueba:

I'd say you've been hoodwinked.
As a Customs Official, he'll deny all knowledge of any money you paid him - what he was doing was illegal, so I can't see him admitting anything.
It'd be hard for you to beat him with the law too, as what you were trying to do was also illegal, the car's way to old to import legally into Nigeria.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but the truth's bitter.
I'd say you've seen the last of your money.
Yeah Siena, you 're right but he can actually call and prerecord their telephone conversations as an evidence before law court if at all he wished to take it to another level.
I'm sure he 'll be compelled to comply with his conditions if serious evidence is held against him
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by showbobo(m): 1:21am On Jan 14, 2009
Its quite simple to deal with such nitwitt. . . . I am sure he has a car he uses,rightLure him to a neutral place not his territory and tell him you would like to test drive his car that you have been admiring it for a long time and if he agrees. . . . Carry him car go seize. . . . Or just seize his keys in short . . . . . filthy rip-off angry angry
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by promise72(m): 5:37am On Jan 14, 2009
The last 2 ideas are really improbable. Once the initial deal is illegal, it doesnt matter how much tape recording or evidence against the guy. You lost this one. Live and learn.
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by igwe11(m): 8:18am On Jan 14, 2009
promise72:

The last 2 ideas are really improbable. Once the initial deal is illegal, it doesnt matter how much tape recording or evidence against the guy. You lost this one. Live and learn.
I'm sorry to object to that Mr. promise, driving or buying  cars of that age is not prohibited in Nigeria but to import  cars of more than 10 years old.
Following this, I  believe that  Mr. gbokukueba simple wanted to buy an already imported 1997 Buldog as at 1998/2004.
After all, buying cars from cotonuo does not make him ineligible to buy in any other part of the country.

cheesy Who knows the importation laws better?  The custom official or layman from the streets of rumor mongers  cheesy smiley smiley wink
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by gbokukueba(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2009
Thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate it.
I called him last night and tried to get the real story from him, apparently what he has been doing was to use his customers money to get cars for people like what he wanted to do for me  then suddenly he got stuck others were not forthcoming with their. He also said he park the vehicles in one custom park at the border and a rule was made that custom duties must be made on the cars before they are moved. I told him i dont believe him and there is no evidence he bought a car. I have records of payments into his account and he has been calling my wife to try and talk to me to see reason why i should not collect my money but to still wait for the car. The more reason why i am been lenient with him is because at the moment his first son is lying ill at Abuja National Hospital with kidney infection. I can alway use my wife to lure him to a place and sieze his car but i want it to be the laast resort. He said i should give him till friday if he can't pay me today that he is travelling to see his son in Abuja. Now my concern is that he said he did the custom duty for 200k and i cant pay him 1M for a 1997 Honda Bulldog. I have been fair and patient with him but he has not been truthfull and it has affected my relation with my colleague and friend. What should i do because if i report this case to ny father who is a military personnel, the guy would be in serious trouble, undecided
Re: Please Advice Me On This Car Palava by igwe11(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2009
gbokukueba:

Thank you all for your responses, i really appreciate it.
I called him last night and tried to get the real story from him, apparently what he has been doing was to use his customers money to get cars for people like what he wanted to do for me  then suddenly he got stuck others were not forthcoming with their. He also said he park the vehicles in one custom park at the border and a rule was made that custom duties must be made on the cars before they are moved. I told him i don't believe him and there is no evidence he bought a car. I have records of payments into his account and he has been calling my wife to try and talk to me to see reason why i should not collect my money but to still wait for the car. The more reason why i am been lenient with him is because at the moment his first son is lying ill at Abuja National Hospital with kidney infection. I can alway use my wife to lure him to a place and sieze his car but i want it to be the laast resort. He said i should give him till friday if he can't pay me today that he is travelling to see his son in Abuja. Now my concern is that he said he did the custom duty for 200k and i can't pay him 1M for a 1997 Honda Bulldog. I have been fair and patient with him but he has not been truthfull and it has affected my relation with my colleague and friend. What should i do because if i report this case to ny father who is a military personnel, the guy would be in serious trouble, undecided
In that case, why not follow him to the border to see for yourself?
For 200k custom papers, it all depends on the initial agreement otherwise some people deal on the landing price.

(1) (Reply)

Ugly Face Passat / Need-honda Hala: 300k / 1999 Honda Accord (Babyboy) SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.