Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone (7890 Views)

Monster 24k Headphone / 1 Month Used Sony Xperia Z5, Smart Watch, Headphone,other Accessories Still Ava / Looking For This Sony Headphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
dazekid:

The m40x is a good choice, I'd personally go with the m50's or m50x just because they are bigger.

Thanks. i am currently bidding on an m50 on ebay. i prefer the m50 because i can mod it to use any 3.5mm detachable cable, hence allowing me to have a cable with mic
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
einsteino:

Thanks. i am currently bidding on an m50 on ebay. i prefer the m50 because i can mod it to use any 3.5mm detachable cable, hence allowing me to have a cable with mic

Cool, how much are you planning to pay for it?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by olalekanba(m): 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
If you are an audiophile you won't be looking at beats at all.

Whats your budget for headphone.

I have slightly used Sennheiser Collapsible Headphones HD 380 Pro, Black for sale (15k).

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Collapsible-Headphones-380-Pro/dp/B001UE6I0G/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427915839&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=380+professiona

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 is a very good headphone but you won't spend less than 30k to land it.

headfi forum is a place to read more about headphones/source and headphone amplifiers.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/headphones
http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/portable-source-components

Good headphone is going to cost you.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
dazekid:

Cool, how much are you planning to pay for it?

The brand new is about 130usd aside shipping. so i am currently trying to get a used one for about 65usd, then buy a 3.5mm connector for about 20usd to carry out the mod, by the time i ship it down to nigeria. i must have spent at least a total of 100usd

by the way what is your location?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
olalekanba:

I have slightly used Sennheiser Collapsible Headphones HD 380 Pro, Black for sale (15k).

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Collapsible-Headphones-380-Pro/dp/B001UE6I0G/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427915839&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=380+professiona

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 is a very good headphone but you won't spend less than 30k to land it.

headfi forum is a place to read more about headphones/source and headphone amplifiers.

yeah i am a member of head-fi.org but actually you can get good headphones for a very good price from amazon. going to cost about 25k total
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
einsteino:

The brand new is about 130usd aside shipping. so i am currently trying to get a used one for about 65usd, then buy a 3.5mm connector for about 20usd to carry out the mod, by the time i ship it down to nigeria. i must have spent at least a total of 100usd

by the way what is your location?

I stay in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
olalekanba:

Wrong, I am a big audio enthusiast(financial requirements no dey let me call myself audiophile), I use the beats pros and they are just as good as the Audio-technica ATH-M50s which I also have and the sony MDRx10s. I personally cannot use any of the lower models of beats so I agree with you on a partial note. All the beats pros need to achieve greatness is a little EQ and if you check head-fi, you'd see that this is an agreed upon opinion. The pros are a little heavy on the price as you can go higher on the audio spectrum with what they cost but I quite like the brushed aluminum build as I can carry them around with confidence. The sound for me is really good and as such I even use them all the time with my laptop even though it has Harman/Kardon quad speakers with dual sub-woofers fitted.
Point of my rant is; you can trash beats but don't trash the pros and mixrs and maybe the redesigned studios.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
olalekanba:

The Hd380 pro is a pair of headphones that I quite like but I gather that you need a good amp for it to reach its full potential. Do you have an amp for it?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
dazekid:

Wrong, I am a big audio enthusiast(financial requirements no dey let me call myself audiophile), I use the beats pros and they are just as good as the Audio-technica ATH-M50s which I also have and the sony MDRx10s. I personally cannot use any of the lower models of beats so I agree with you on a partial note. All the beats pros need to achieve greatness is a little EQ and if you check head-fi, you'd see that this is an agreed upon opinion. The pros are a little heavy on the price as you can go higher on the audio spectrum with what they cost but I quite like the brushed aluminum build as I can carry them around with confidence. The sound for me is really good and as such I even use them all the time with my laptop even though it has Harman/Kardon quad speakers with dual sub-woofers fitted.
Point of my rant is; you can trash beats but don't trash the pros and mixrs and maybe the redesigned studios.

would you be willing to sell your audio-technica ath-m50s? if yes, how much?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
einsteino:

would you be willing to sell your audio-technica ath-m50s? if yes, how much?

Oh no, I have them but don't own , they belong to my brother. Olalekanbaba, your post got flagged, please repost.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by passendi: 12:15am On Apr 02, 2015
LG smart hands free Bluetooth headset. High quality bass. Vibration on incoming call, connects up to 10m from your phone. You will enjoy it coz it's more than a Bluetooth. What's app 08037586990 for the prize.

Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by olalekanba(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
dazekid:

The Hd380 pro is a pair of headphones that I quite like but I gather that you need a good amp for it to reach its full potential. Do you have an amp for it?

yeah, you need amp to drive most good headphones except your listening source have in-built amplifer.

I use FiiO E11 to drive the HD380 pro
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 1:09am On Apr 06, 2015
olalekanba:

yeah, you need amp to drive most good headphones except your listening source have in-built amplifer.

I use FiiO E11 to drive the HD380 pro

Saw another thread where you were selling the sony MDR-v150 monitor headphones, do you sell headphones and do you have some headphones available for sale at the moment?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
hey i won my bid at 62 dollars.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2015
einsteino:
hey i won my bid at 62 dollars.

Cool, that's $3 less than your budget, optimize your remaining purchases and you could get it to Nigeria for a bit cheaper. Congrats by the way.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 4:33am On Apr 08, 2015
dazekid:

Cool, that's $3 less than your budget, optimize your remaining purchases and you could get it to Nigeria for a bit cheaper. Congrats by the way.

thanks. That is my only intended purchase.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by olalekanba(m): 5:57am On Apr 08, 2015
dazekid:

Saw another thread where you were selling the sony MDR-v150 monitor headphones, do you sell headphones and do you have some headphones available for sale at the moment?

I do before, if u want any do let me know.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2015
Finally got my audio technica ath m50 headphone.. mehn this is the best thing i ever bought for my ear! it feels like am wearing a home theater on my ear, i can hear details that i never heard before. and what is best is that unlike beats by dre, no one knows how much am wearing on my ears.. so no one criticises me for throwing that much money on just a headphone. but one unfortunate thing is that the ear pads are quite uncomfortable, am already making plans to order a brainwaz memory foam earpads. also the cable is so damn long and heavy, a whooping 3meter wire. well i am going to cut it out and carry out the detachable cable mod so i would able to use a detachable cable on it just like beats headphone.

by the way this baby doesn't really need an external amplifier cos its impedance is just 30 ohms and i am using it on the htc one which already has an inbuilt dedicated amplifier plus audiophile software like beats audio and harman kardon mod
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2015
einsteino:
Finally got my audio technica ath m50 headphone.. mehn this is the best thing i ever bought for my ear! it feels like am wearing a home theater on my ear, i can hear details that i never heard before. and what is best is that unlike beats by dre, no one knows how much am wearing on my ears.. so no one criticises me for throwing that much money on just a headphone. but one unfortunate thing is that the ear pads are quite uncomfortable, am already making plans to order a brainwaz memory foam earpads. also the cable is so damn long and heavy, a whooping 3meter wire. well i am going to cut it out and carry out the detachable cable mod so i would able to use a detachable cable on it just like beats headphone.

by the way this baby doesn't really need an external amplifier cos its impedance is just 30 ohms and i am using it on the htc one which already has an inbuilt dedicated amplifier plus audiophile software like beats audio and harman kardon mod

Finally, lol at your comments especially about beats and the price. The ATH-M50x had the earpad issues addressed but even at that, I don't find them to be that much of a pain.
Looking to sell my beats pros, I want to buy the Xiaomi MI headphones, check it out. It comes with earpad mods by default to convert the headphones from on-ear to over-ear(circum-aural and supra-aural designs). I now believe in love at first sight. I don't if Olalekanbaba can help get it.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by dazekid(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2015
By the way, you should post pics.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2015
dazekid:

Finally, lol at your comments especially about beats and the price. The ATH-M50x had the earpad issues addressed but even at that, I don't find them to be that much of a pain.
Looking to sell my beats pros, I want to buy the Xiaomi MI headphones, check it out. It comes with earpad mods by default to convert the headphones from on-ear to over-ear(circum-aural and supra-aural designs). I now believe in love at first sight. I don't if Olalekanbaba can help get it.

i think am going to settle with this for at least another 3yrs. though i envy the open back of xiaomi mi headphone, i really love the soundstage and airy natural sound that is found in open back headphones.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2015
dazekid:
By the way, you should post pics.

i will do that tomoro
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2015
here is a pic of the audio technica. came packed in a box though

Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by smithval(m): 8:20pm On May 12, 2015
einsteino:
here is a pic of the audio technica. came packed in a box though
how much did you get it and how can I get it..
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by Emperoradrian(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2015
smithval:
val hw fr,hw dos babes wey i shr u...#sori 4 derailin d thread guys!#
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 3:56am On May 13, 2015
smithval:

i got it via an auction on ebay. won the bid at $62, local freight to my shipper was an additional $6.4, then shipped to lagos for about $15. that brings the total to $83.4(about 18k in naira), if you are outside lagos like me, it would cost you an extra 2000naira to waybill. so roughly 20k should do the magic.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by FOREXMARTS: 9:49am On May 14, 2015
einsteino:
I am in need of a good headphone, with a good build quality and can produce sounds that will satisfy me(am an audiophile).

so if you have one for sale let me know. pls it must be either an over ear headphone or on the ear headphone. no in ears please.
No in ears? Am shocked. You are the first audiophile i have seen turning down In Ear Monitors. In Ear monitors/noise cancellation with high quality sound is the world of audiophiles, take it from a confessed audiophile.
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by FOREXMARTS: 9:57am On May 14, 2015
einsteino:
I am in need of a good headphone, with a good build quality and can produce sounds that will satisfy me(am an audiophile).

so if you have one for sale let me know. pls it must be either an over ear headphone or on the ear headphone. no in ears please.

I could recommend some headphones and ear phones if i know what you need it for. Do you want to use it for DJing, mixing audio, mastering audio or you just need it to just listen to music at high rez quality?
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 10:04am On May 14, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

No in ears? Am shocked. You are the first audiophile i have seen turning down In Ear Monitors. In Ear monitors/noise cancellation with high quality sound is the world of audiophiles, take it from a confessed audiophile.

Not when you have had tinnitus, and the doctors told you its incurable... then miracoulously God healed you. bros i am not risking my hearing again, in ears lack a good sound stage and it is too close to my ear drums for my liking. moreso i am even complaining that the sound of my audio technica m50 isnt airy enough as it is fully closed back, how much more in ears. lastly have you seen any sound engr use in ears for monitoring? point is in ears are nice but not the best
Re: I Want To Buy A High Quality Headphone by einsteino(m): 10:06am On May 14, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

I could recommend some headphones and ear phones if i know what you need it for. Do you want to use it for DJing, mixing audio, mastering audio or you just need it to just listen to music at high rez quality?

thanks i already bought audio technica m50.. i even posted pics and derails of how much i bought it and how i managed to, here for anyone who may want to get it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#100 & #200 STARTIMES SUBSCRIPTION / HTC Smart Phones Debuts In Nigeria / Samsung Ua65hu7200 65" Curved 4k Uhd Smart Interaction Led Tv For Urgent Sales.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.