Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? (3397 Views)

I Find It Difficult To Spend Money / Anxiety As FG Completes Review Of Mtn’s N34bn License / CBN Grants Wema Bank National License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by okoroja(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
ARE YOU HAVING PROBLEMS TO REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTS WITH NAFDAC? THEN THIS THREAD FOR YOU.

INTRODUCTION:
Registering products with NAFDAC is procedural. NAFDAC has standard and procedures that must be followed before a product get license number. There's no short cut to the process. As a NAFDAC consultant, I've witnessed in many cases where people come to NAFDAC without even knowing the documents required, the stages involve and or step by step procedures. For this reason, many get frustrated especially when it takes too long to get their products registered. Some came with impression that it’s a day or week’s process. It’s a process and takes time. For some, they fall victim to fraudsters that made away with their hard earned money. And they don't know what to do, not to talk of the cost they have incurred. This is why I see necessary it to enlighten us on how to register products with NAFDAC.
In these series, if time permit, I'll share with you the processes involve in getting products registered with NAFDAC.
Just feel free to ask any question but pls ask reasonable questions that will help others to again the knowledge.
And also if any one that has useful insight about the NAFDAC process for registration of products should contribute so that people can benefit. So, let's roll in.
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by delishpot: 8:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
OP, How does one get nafdac approval for imported products?
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by okoroja(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
delishpot:
OP, How does one get nafdac approval for imported products?

To register imported products with NAFDAC it starts with documentation where applicant is required to submit necessary documents . There are different documents requirements for different class of products.
If I may ask what kind of products do u want to import? Anyway I will post the stages soon.
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by AdDanny: 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
okoroja:

To register imported products with NAFDAC it starts with documentation where applicant is required to submit necessary documents . There are different documents requirements for different class of products.
If I may ask what kind of products do u want to import? Anyway I will post the stages soon.

I THINK I NEED SUCH INFOMATION

Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by okoroja(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
okoroja:
ARE YOU HAVING PROBLEMS TO REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTS WITH NAFDAC? THEN THIS THREAD FOR YOU.

INTRODUCTION:
Registering products with NAFDAC is procedural. NAFDAC has standard and procedures that must be followed before a product get license number. There's no short cut to the process. As a NAFDAC consultant, I've witnessed in many cases where people come to NAFDAC without even knowing the documents required, the stages involve and or step by step procedures. For this reason, many get frustrated especially when it takes too long to get their products registered. Some came with impression that it’s a day or week’s process. It’s a process and takes time. For some, they fall victim to fraudsters that made away with their hard earned money. And they don't know what to do, not to talk of the cost they have incurred. This is why I see necessary it to enlighten us on how to register products with NAFDAC.
In these series, if time permit, I'll share with you the processes involve in getting products registered with NAFDAC.
Just feel free to ask any question but pls ask reasonable questions that will help others to again the knowledge.
And also if any one that has useful insight about the NAFDAC process for registration of products should contribute so that people can benefit. So, let's roll in.

STAGES EACH PRODUCT MUST PASS TO GET LICENSE NUMBER
Firstly, understand that NAFDAC has various Directorates that handle different regulations. They include: Registration and Regulation Affairs Directorate (R & R), Establishment Inspection Directorate (EID) now called Food Safety Directorate, Port Inspection Directorate (PID), Chemical Evaluation and Research Directorate, Narcotics and chemical Substance Directorate, Enforcement Directorate and so on.
Now our focus on this write up is on Registration and Regulation Affairs Directorate (R & R). They’re in charge of registration and regulation of all NAFDAC regulated products in Nigeria. Again, know that NAFDAC (R & R) categories registration of products basically into two parts; namely, imported products and locally manufactured products. Again, each part has classes under which products are registered such as Drugs, Foods, Cosmetics, Medical Devices, Herbal products, Pesticides, Packaged Water e.t.c.
Most important to Note: All imported products for registration are processed at Registration and Regulation Directorate (R & R), Lagos, specifically Yaba Office. For Locally manufactured products the process starts from NAFDAC Zonal Offices which is at almost each State of the Federation. However, that does not mean you cannot submit documents at NAFDAC Zonal Offices for imported products. You can, but it may delay the process, because the zonal office has to send the documents to Lagos office for processing and then waits for the reply. This may take time considering the nature of Nigeria Government Agencies with their bureaucratic bottle neck. It’s advisable to apply directly to Lagos office.
Now, that you’ve known these basics, let me introduce you to the required stages involve in registering products. But, before I do that, let me also tell you that the documents and processes needed to register imported and locally manufactured products differ in some aspects. The documents required are different so also the official fees for each products.

1: Imported products registration:
Here, I’ll discuss on how to register imported products. You see, registering products with NAFDAC demands due diligent, so you should be prepared. As NAFDAC has classes of products for registering, so do they require different documents and fees. Basically, almost, all the classes ( remember I’m talking about imported products here) have the same procedures with slight difference. Generally each imported product follows these procedures.

Stage one: Documentation:
Here, you are required to present the necessary documents as specified in the guidelines depending on the product to be registered. As I said earlier, each class has it documentation requirements and guidelines and official fees for the product. This means that the first step to take is to obtain the guideline and see the necessary documents required for the product you want to register. You can get it by going to any NAFDAC office close to you. It’s free of charge. But don’t worry, I have included the guidelines are a bonus for ordering this report. You don’t need go to any office again. All you need to do is to digest the guideline and forward it the manufacturer to send you the documents meant for them while you get the ones required from your company.
Note: All products registration forms are now purchased and filled online in the NAFDAC e-registration portal (http://registration.nafdac.gov.ng). Upon successful filling and uploading of relevant documents, you print the filled form(s) and proceed for submission.
Waring: If you don't know how to go about the online form, finds someone who knows because any mistake in the form may lead to start of issues.
Submission of documents for registration are done at Laison Office to Director, Registration and Regulation (LOD R & R)

Note also: All these documents must be found satisfactory before any other processes are carried out.

Stage two: Import Permit:
If the documents complied with the NAFDAC requirements, permit to import samples of products is issued to the applicant. The applicant is required to import specified samples to be used for vetting and Lab analysis.

Stages Three: Vetting of samples:
At this stage, samples of products presented are vetted. Such vetting includes checking the labels, leaflets, drugs information. There are minimum requirements for product labeling such as name of the brand name, name and address of the manufacturer, production and expiry date, batch no, provision for NAFDAC NO and so on.
Documents to be submitted during the vetting are:
copies of import permit and receipt of payment
1 sample plus 2 labels/artworks for each product
Letter of invitation for inspection.
Application letter for submission of vetting samples

Stage Four: Lab Analysis:
Here, you are required to bring some samples for lab analysis. You’ve to submit specified quantities of sample products along with copies of receipt for the processing fee and application letter for the submission of samples. Then your product(s) goes to lab for analysis to ensure compliance with standard specification.

Stage Five: Meeting:
At this stage, if the product(s) successful meets the lab test, then the product will be presented at the meeting. Here, decisions are taken on whether the product qualifies to be given NAFDAC license Number or not. They usually seat three times over the product. If the product meets all the requirements, license number will be issued.

Stage Six: Collection of Notification Number:
Once the product is given license number, you will go ahead to collect the notification number. You’ve to pay the specified amount for the license certificate and present the receipt and your notification number will be given to you. You are now qualified to import the product for commercial purpose while you wait for the certificate to come out. It takes six months or so for your certificate to be ready. The certificate usually last for the period of five (5) years.
Note: NAFDAC reserve the right to withdraw the certificate at any time if found wanting.
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by AdDanny: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
okoroja:

STAGES EACH PRODUCT MUST PASS TO GET LICENSE NUMBER
Firstly, understand that NAFDAC has various Directorates that handle different regulations. They include: Registration and Regulation Affairs Directorate (R & R), Establishment Inspection Directorate (EID) now called Food Safety Directorate, Port Inspection Directorate (PID), Chemical Evaluation and Research Directorate, Narcotics and chemical Substance Directorate, Enforcement Directorate and so on.
Now our focus on this write up is on Registration and Regulation Affairs Directorate (R & R). They’re in charge of registration and regulation of all NAFDAC regulated products in Nigeria. Again, know that NAFDAC (R & R) categories registration of products basically into two parts; namely, imported products and locally manufactured products. Again, each part has classes under which products are registered such as Drugs, Foods, Cosmetics, Medical Devices, Herbal products, Pesticides, Packaged Water e.t.c.
Most important to Note: All imported products for registration are processed at Registration and Regulation Directorate (R & R), Lagos, specifically Yaba Office. For Locally manufactured products the process starts from NAFDAC Zonal Offices which is at almost each State of the Federation. However, that does not mean you cannot submit documents at NAFDAC Zonal Offices for imported products. You can, but it may delay the process, because the zonal office has to send the documents to Lagos office for processing and then waits for the reply. This may take time considering the nature of Nigeria Government Agencies with their bureaucratic bottle neck. It’s advisable to apply directly to Lagos office.
Now, that you’ve known these basics, let me introduce you to the required stages involve in registering products. But, before I do that, let me also tell you that the documents and processes needed to register imported and locally manufactured products differ in some aspects. The documents required are different so also the official fees for each products.

1: Imported products registration:
Here, I’ll discuss on how to register imported products. You see, registering products with NAFDAC demands due diligent, so you should be prepared. As NAFDAC has classes of products for registering, so do they require different documents and fees. Basically, almost, all the classes ( remember I’m talking about imported products here) have the same procedures with slight difference. Generally each imported product follows these procedures.

Stage one: Documentation:
Here, you are required to present the necessary documents as specified in the guidelines depending on the product to be registered. As I said earlier, each class has it documentation requirements and guidelines and official fees for the product. This means that the first step to take is to obtain the guideline and see the necessary documents required for the product you want to register. You can get it by going to any NAFDAC office close to you. It’s free of charge. But don’t worry, I have included the guidelines are a bonus for ordering this report. You don’t need go to any office again. All you need to do is to digest the guideline and forward it the manufacturer to send you the documents meant for them while you get the ones required from your company.
Note: All products registration forms are now purchased and filled online in the NAFDAC e-registration portal (http://registration.nafdac.gov.ng). Upon successful filling and uploading of relevant documents, you print the filled form(s) and proceed for submission.
Waring: If you don't know how to go about the online form, finds someone who knows because any mistake in the form may lead to start of issues.
Submission of documents for registration are done at Laison Office to Director, Registration and Regulation (LOD R & R)

Note also: All these documents must be found satisfactory before any other processes are carried out.

Stage two: Import Permit:
If the documents complied with the NAFDAC requirements, permit to import samples of products is issued to the applicant. The applicant is required to import specified samples to be used for vetting and Lab analysis.

Stages Three: Vetting of samples:
At this stage, samples of products presented are vetted. Such vetting includes checking the labels, leaflets, drugs information. There are minimum requirements for product labeling such as name of the brand name, name and address of the manufacturer, production and expiry date, batch no, provision for NAFDAC NO and so on.
Documents to be submitted during the vetting are:
copies of import permit and receipt of payment
1 sample plus 2 labels/artworks for each product
Letter of invitation for inspection.
Application letter for submission of vetting samples

Stage Four: Lab Analysis:
Here, you are required to bring some samples for lab analysis. You’ve to submit specified quantities of sample products along with copies of receipt for the processing fee and application letter for the submission of samples. Then your product(s) goes to lab for analysis to ensure compliance with standard specification.

Stage Five: Meeting:
At this stage, if the product(s) successful meets the lab test, then the product will be presented at the meeting. Here, decisions are taken on whether the product qualifies to be given NAFDAC license Number or not. They usually seat three times over the product. If the product meets all the requirements, license number will be issued.

Stage Six: Collection of Notification Number:
Once the product is given license number, you will go ahead to collect the notification number. You’ve to pay the specified amount for the license certificate and present the receipt and your notification number will be given to you. You are now qualified to import the product for commercial purpose while you wait for the certificate to come out. It takes six months or so for your certificate to be ready. The certificate usually last for the period of five (5) years.
Note: NAFDAC reserve the right to withdraw the certificate at any time if found wanting.
Nice dear...

Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by victorbk(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2015
hI,

I have questions about registering a locally produced products, specifically about the building requirements nafdac requires
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by zahealer(f): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2015
@OP- you have started a beneficial subject especially for SMEs with locally produced consumer goods.
1} Can you shed more light on approval stages and documentations for herbal products?
2} How much are your charges if you are to help in obtaining nafdac approval - from start to complete?
Re: Who Needs NAFDAC License Number But Fnds It Difficult? by tuto: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2015
for pet bottle water/satchet water i can help you with that.mail: famousimemesi@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invest To Own An Equity In A Promising Tech (SaaS) Startup / Credit Alert Not Reflecting In My Account Balance / I Want To Swap My First And Middle Name On My BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.