Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS (27250 Views)

Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard / Buhari And Osinbajo Pictured With Presidents Of Benin, Niger, Chad / Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by pendy79: 11:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
rka1:

My friend, it isn't as simple as that. The West blocked procurement of military equipment, hence the FG had to turn to Russia and other Eastern markets for equipment. You just don't buy high grade military equipment off the shelf, so the F.G. has had to get some equipment from the blackmarket as well.

About 65% of equipment needed have arrived in the last few weeks hence the turn around and BH can't now use anti-aircraft fire on ground troops from miles away.

And yes, 36 communities have been recovered by the Nigerian army while Chad has been allowed to enter Gamboru and Dikwa, that is 2 towns.

The article you posted said Chadian and Nigerien troops were amassing in Diffa, which is in Niger not Nigeria.

Why are you people easily swayed by lies and excuses? The west blocked them from procuring arms and ammunition but the WEST DIDN'T BAR THEM FROM RETURNING THE FUNDS THAT WAS ALREADY BUDGETED AND RELEASED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ARMS PROCUREMENT BACK TO THE TREASURY?

what happened to military spending allocation.from from 2010 to 2014 running into 4trillion naira if the WEST blocked them.

You think the WEST working with the MNJF doesn't know about the sleaze and corruption going on.

The present arms were procured from where? What stopped them from buyng from the new friends since.2010.

1 Like

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
ozoigbondu:
depleted and they are running out of supplies hence the alligence to ISIS.They are hoping that they will come to their aid but God don catch them.They are being attacked from three fronts and their end is near.They will retreat into gwoza where they will then be completely annihlated by our gallant millitary.

#NeverAgain shall we go backward rather than MARCHing FORWARD
#NeverAgain shall we be deceived by the numerous propaganda
#NeverAgain shall we lose hope in our beloved country Nigeria
#NeverAgain shall we lose faith in our military due to lies

Never Again!

God Bless Nigeria!
God Bless the Millitary
God Bless the coalition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by eejo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
I pity Nigerians who type rubbish against their army many died , left their wives ,children never to see them again may God forgive you all Nigeria army God be with you tears in my eyes my fine captain from eastern nigeria rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by rka1: 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendy79:

Why are you people easily swayed by lies and excuses? The west blocked them from procuring arms and ammunition but the WEST DIDN'T BAR THEM FROM RETURNING THE FUNDS THAT WAS ALREADY BUDGETED AND RELEASED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ARMS PROCUREMENT BACK TO THE TREASURY?

what happened to military spending allocation.from from 2010 to 2014 running into 4trillion naira if the WEST blocked them.

You think the WEST working with the MNJF doesn't know about the sleaze and corruption going on.

The present arms were procured from where? What stopped them from buyng from the new friends since.2010.

You should direct that question to the Finance Minister who blocked a lot of the requests for arms procurement. In case you didn't know, the defence budget has been mainly for Recurrent Expenditure i.e. salaries etc and not Capital Expenditure i.e. military equipment.

I am not swayed by lies and excuses, just plain facts. And I don't play politics with the military, for whoever is in power, I will always support them and not run them down to score cheap points.

1 Like

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by uchwar1: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

No matter how the infidels try Islam shall conquer the world cool

Allahu Akbar cool
Bokoharam!!!! Sorry is ur name. Thanks for telling ur muslim brothers the truth because they always deny the fact that muslims are bent on causing havoc to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by dumodust(m): 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendy79:
Can't believe the stupidity of sone commentaries I read on this thread.

THE QUESTION TO ASK IS WHY WE WAITED 5YEARS BEFORE WE ACTED?

Chadian Army cannot boast of a tenth of our armoury and a tenth of our military size and strength

What made the Nigerian Army which have recorded great victories against BH in the last 3 weeks seem so useless and cowardly in the fight against BH in the last 5years?

Why did GEJ need an election to act right? More lives and properties would have been saved of we did what we are doing now over 4years ago and some idiots are talking as if those losses doesn't matter.

Never knew dikwa and ngalamboru are cities in Chad not Nigeria for an idio.t to say Chad Army only liberated just 2 cities.

Our Army and our richness is enough to protect us if we had a sincere and focus commander in chief.
before last year, boko haram was the typical terrorist organization that blended with the local population... worldwide, its hard to deal with that without amnesty international crying of genocide. Then they started claiming territories like isis... that means they now have a visible army that can be attacked and lines were defined. Before, when pursued, they could run into cameroon, niger and chad... but since they started causing worries in these countries, their armies joined the fray and right now boko are hemmed in fighting on all fronts... before we didnt have drones and some equipment that recently arrived and months of being blockaded from buying arms... now we do
an example is the mexican-us drug trade and the co-operation between american dea and mexican authorities... you can fight cross border battles alone
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by CyberTerrorist: 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendy79:

You are an ediot and a hopeless bastard...Don't ever say what you don't know or we deal with you in a way you will regret all your life.. angry..That you reside in USA does not mean you are safe...We know everything about you..This is your final warning. If you doubt it, then try it.. angry
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by pendy79: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2015
CyberTerrorist:
You are an ediot and a hopeless bastard...Don't ever say what you don't know or we deal with you in a way you will regret all your life.. angry..That you reside in USA does not mean you are safe...We know everything about you..This is your final warning. If you doubt it, then try it.. angry

Why are you like your father, all mouth and no action.

Please bring it on, if you cant you just a Bastard attention seeker. I'm not in the states if you need my location, ask okay.

Empty nutshell.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Unitedabby(m): 12:03am On Mar 09, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

Allahu Akbar cool
apparently another insurgent!ur days are numbered!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2015
Jonathan played politics with boko haram and he gambled with the lives of millions of Nigerians for a selfish political gain. Nigerian Army is now a subject of ridicule in international communities as a result of desperate political ambition of an individual. I personally think Chad will take glory for it if boko haram is crushed eventually. The reputation of our Army has been greatly eroded by Mr jonathan's action and inaction. Why did you have to wait till now,some days to the presidential election,before you equipped the Army? Nigerians are not foolish Mr jonathan!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by CyberTerrorist: 12:11am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:

Why are you like your father, all mouth and no action.

Please bring it on, if you cant you just a Bastard attention seeker. I'm not in the states if you need my location, ask okay.

Empty nutshell.
We will get back to you...Fool angry
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by pendy79: 12:13am On Mar 09, 2015
CyberTerrorist:
We will get back to you...Fool angry

Come with your entire lineage when you're coming modafucker moronic idio.t

If you need my GPS lock ask now.

2 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by hansad: 12:13am On Mar 09, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

Allahu Akbar cool

Lol!!!
Check this out: Arabs and Somalis are more focused on Nigeria's next election than many Nigerians.

Arabs and Somalis even taunt any Nigerian they see; they tell any Nigerian that they are coming to take over Nigeria soon. They believe that Buhari shall win next election.

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Icekyng: 12:19am On Mar 09, 2015
okonelfg:
i love it wen idioooot lyk u quote me but sorry to say dis i dont hv d damn time to argue with foool in terms of politic.small boys are really young.
Idiot come bk here
U don see person wey Sabi pass u abi
Mofo
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by pendy79: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2015
rka1:

You should direct that question to the Finance Minister who blocked a lot of the requests for arms procurement. In case you didn't know, the defence budget has been mainly for Recurrent Expenditure i.e. salaries etc and not Capital Expenditure i.e. military equipment.

I am not swayed by lies and excuses, just plain facts. And I don't play politics with the military, for whoever is in power, I will always support them and not run them down to score cheap points.

You mean the FINANCE MINISTER BLOCKED REQUESTS FOR ARMS PROCUREMENT, WOW, She must be an APC MEMBER infact she must be a top shura committee of Boko Haram elders.

Do you people even think of your utterances and thought process at all?

If you agreed the FINANCE MINISTER BLOCKED requests for ARM PROCUREMENT, does it not correlate with my argument that political ans military leadership insincerity made Nigeria lost its prestige, lives of its citizens and territorial integrity.

Go through my posts with deep reflection and commonsense you will see the crux of my argument.

Boko Haram was/is never a match for the Nigerian Army if the Gocernment was sincere in the fight against it from 2010. Q.E.D

Except you want to say YOUR FINANCE MINISTER IS A FIFTH COLUMNIST OR AN OPPOSITION MOLE.

Stop defending mediocrity, you only show your shallowness if you do so.

3 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2015
dumodust:

before last year, boko haram was the typical terrorist organization that blended with the local population... worldwide, its hard to deal with that without amnesty international crying of genocide. Then they started claiming territories like isis... that means they now have a visible army that can be attacked and lines were defined. Before, when pursued, they could run into cameroon, niger and chad... but since they started causing worries in these countries, their armies joined the fray and right now boko are hemmed in fighting on all fronts... before we didnt have drones and some equipment that recently arrived and months of being blockaded from buying arms... now we do
an example is the mexican-us drug trade and the co-operation between american dea and mexican authorities... you can fight cross border battles alone

A lot of truth here. If you study the history of Guerrilla warfare there comes a point when it must turn conventional and seize territory. The timing for this is crucial. Mao got it right (but only after the long march). The Tamil Tigers got it wrong. The IRA got it wrong in 1916 but learned and did it right in 1921. BH have moved too early and now are in trouble. The declaration of allegiance to ISIS is an attempt to get some extra support as they know they are losing. But ISIS itself is under pressure and can spare little assistance for BH!

Good riddance to both ISIS and BH. These savages have nothing to offer the world!

3 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Perceptor(m): 12:30am On Mar 09, 2015
taharqa:

How does this stop you from been a FOOOL??

Why do I even waste time on some of you sef?? Guy go and invite your betters in your camp abeg. You are making all of them look very fooooolish and somewhat intellectual challenged.

Honest advice
Ar u realy this stupid or u ar acting a political zombie??
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by ogbonoeba: 12:56am On Mar 09, 2015
taharqa:

How does this stop you from been a FOOOL??

Why do I even waste time on some of you sef?? Guy go and invite your betters in your camp abeg. You are making all of them look very fooooolish and somewhat intellectual challenged.

Honest advice

Don't be silly, for once admit that the government has failed in protecting the northeast.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by ogbonoeba: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2015
CyberTerrorist:

Yes, we live in America, what will you or can you do?
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by okonelfg(m): 1:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Icekyng:

Idiot come bk here
U don see person wey Sabi pass u abi
Mofo
guy na by force
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by rka1: 1:10am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:

You mean the FINANCE MINISTER BLOCKED REQUESTS FOR ARMS PROCUREMENT, WOW, She must be an APC MEMBER infact she must be a top shura committee of Boko Haram elders.

Do you people even think of your utterances and thought process at all?

If you agreed the FINANCE MINISTER BLOCKED requests for ARM PROCUREMENT, does it not correlate with my argument that political ans military leadership insincerity made Nigeria lost its prestige, lives of its citizens and territorial integrity.

Go through my posts with deep reflection and commonsense you will see the crux of my argument.

Boko Haram was/is never a match for the Nigerian Army if the Gocernment was sincere in the fight against it from 2010. Q.E.D

Except you want to say YOUR FINANCE MINISTER IS A FIFTH COLUMNIST OR AN OPPOSITION MOLE.

Stop defending mediocrity, you only show your shallowness if you do so.

The minister was talking about "competing demands" at that time and before she realised the error of her ways. You have a serious problem of not being able to seprate realism from fiction and politics from the military.

Won't it be the same soldiers if APC come to power? Why are you so gullible to be led by the foreign media concerning events in your own country?

1 Like

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by rka1: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Don't be silly, for once admit that the government has failed in protecting the northeast.

Show me a country that has been able to protect it's citizens from terrorism once there is insurgency there with ease? Go and check the meaning in a dictionary, then you will understand how difficult it is to tackle. Ask NATO in Afghanistan and Iraq, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Russia, china, Peru, Colombia e.t.c.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Rossikk(m): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2015
bettercreature:
You probably dont have cable tv and you dont know what's going on in africa or around the world as a whole

No YOU don't know what's going on. Here is the Nigerian military strength versus Chadian:

Chad
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=chad

Nigeria
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=nigeria

Africa ranking:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa.asp
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by udoojah(m): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

Allahu Akbar cool
allahu akboomb!
idiot of your tight!
The thunder wey go fire you still dey do press up for heaven!
muntula!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by splasher: 1:44am On Mar 09, 2015
Islam will conquer the world abi? When are we going to tell ourselves the truth about terrorism -the truth which is "eradicate Islam you eradicate terrorism. Anyway that is what the battle of Armageddon is all about
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by goksongold(m): 2:40am On Mar 09, 2015
THE MISSION IS POSSIBLE. GEN GEN!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by anwo247: 2:50am On Mar 09, 2015
Firefire:

Now you are thinking right... God bless Nigeria

The In-coming C-in-C is a 'CHANGED' man!!!

Shalom!

What?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by rka1: 2:59am On Mar 09, 2015
http://newsdiaryonline.com/nigerian-military-raises-concern-over-careless-talks-by-mjtf-partners/

The above explains it all to those who are slow and believe everything they read from the foreign press..
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Boko Haram are Chadian troops in mufti.

wake up.

Our country is being broken up and government is in collusion. Chad and other Frenc puppets are breaking Nigeria up by clearing and capturing territory which they intend to eventually annex,

RIP Nigeria
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:05am On Mar 09, 2015
GenBuhari:
Boko Haram are Chadian troops in mufti.

wake up.

Our country is being broken up and government is in collusion. Chad and other Frenc puppets are breaking Nigeria up by clearing and capturing territory which they intend to eventually annex,

RIP Nigeria
And the EVIDENCE for this particular flight of fancy is what?

Sigh, conspiracy theories - whatever next?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Finally Crushed — Buhari / 10 Biggest Scandals That Rocked Nigeria In 2017 / Why Kano Speaker Ata Was Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.