Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS (27254 Views)

Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard / Buhari And Osinbajo Pictured With Presidents Of Benin, Niger, Chad / Buhari Meets Dasuki, Jets Out To Niger, Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 4:12am On Mar 09, 2015
Evidence is my ability to think for myself
KoloOyinbo:

And the EVIDENCE for this particular flight of fancy is what?

Sigh, conspiracy theories - whatever next?
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:27am On Mar 09, 2015
GenBuhari:
Evidence is my ability to think for myself

Ah! So its only your own personal idea in your head! I thought so!

Most of the conspiracy theories are like that, existing only in some individuals head.

They can be quite fun at times and amusing at first but when they never have any evidence and never actually happen they become boring.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 09, 2015
But in Nigeria where the government is habitually deceptive and dishonest almost all so-called "conspiracy theories" turn out to be factual.
KoloOyinbo:

Ah! So its only your own personal idea in your head! I thought so!

Most of the conspiracy theories are like that, existing only in some individuals head.

They can be quite fun at times and amusing at first but when they never have any evidence and never actually happen they become boring.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:38am On Mar 09, 2015
GenBuhari:
But in Nigeria where the government is habitually deceptive and dishonest almost all conspiracy theories turn out to be factual.

But in the rest of world where a free press makes secrets impossible to keep the conspiracy theories turn out to be merely the fantasies of the crazy!

Why would France want that? No doubt you will have some reason (oh of course so they can get the oil - might be easier to by oil blocks).

And of course Buhari is sponsoring BH according to the Jonathan camp! Is that true also?
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by bezimo(m): 4:58am On Mar 09, 2015
ThankGod for the victories of the Army thus far, but does it mean if presidential elections weren't scheduled the president won't have gingered the military to rout out bokoHaram in 6 weeks like he stated when the elections was postponed.

Was it deliberate for the president(PEJ) not to have acted decisively prior to the rescheduling of the elections?
What was he waiting for while those Boko men were having a field day in the Northeast?
Does it mean if presidential elections weren't scheduled and rescheduled he probably wont have acted?
Could the increased assault on Bokoharam and the recent victories recorded by the Nigerian Army be a deliberate ploy to score political points with respect to insecurity in the face of PEJ dwindling popularity?
So many questions looking for answers which show PEJ has not lived up to expectation with respect to managing the war.
But would the opposition have done any better?That is left to your imagination.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by jegonvelli: 5:24am On Mar 09, 2015
It's true the Nigerian armed forces have the strength And military will to crush BH but lack the.politiCal and, military will as well as pre-requisite military gears to do so but we with these wills n gears the military has specialized units for counter terrorism such as the Naval special forces(as shown in the pix above)that had performed excellent ly well in Anti terror campaign in the NE especially Yobe n Maiduguri but are less noticed and appreciated so as Nigerians we need to appreciate our.military
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by zicoraads: 5:29am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:

You quoted someone from the link verbatim
Lol...which link? The link after the story here? That's really funny cos I never open links from here...never. If the full story is not here, am not reading it. Lemme open it and see. But I assure you that it's purely coincidence.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Afroconnect: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2015
Deport all Arabs,they are the ones that will stat indoctrinating our people...our borders should be well watched.

Arabs with their islam will cause world war 3,what an evil following.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by cinedu(m): 5:42am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:
Thank God the chadians, Nigeriens and camerounian Army came to the party if not only God knows the extent Boko Haram would have gone by now.

I marvel at the number of troops mobilized for the fight against Boko Haram by the MNJTF from 8,700 to now proposing 10,000 additional forces and I ask myself, does it mean Nigeria has less than 30,000 Army personnel that we need less than 20,000 soldiers from neighbouring countries before we saw the victories over shekau and his murderous gangs.

it is clear the Nigerian government played politics and corruption to the detriment of the lives and properties of people of the North East.

I CAN NEVER BELIEVE THE CHADIAN ARMY IS BETTER ARMED AND BETTER TRAINED THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY, THAT ASSUMPTION IS FALSE AND INCORRECT, WE ONLY LACKED SINCERITY OF BOTH MILITARY AMD POLITICAL LEADERSHIP
discipline and sincerity is far above any training in the army, Nigeria army lacks that.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Randerl: 6:08am On Mar 09, 2015
At least Nigeria's Foster President, President Idris Derby is already making the BH Organisation to rethink their latest strategy.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by 27naira(m): 6:13am On Mar 09, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

No matter how the infidels try Islam shall conquer the world cool

Allahu Akbar cool

you're just an arse!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Rotimi47: 6:29am On Mar 09, 2015
taharqa:

You are a FOOOL, guy. If not you would have known that this article by Yahoo news is only the latest of the well played and rehearsed negative narrative against Nigeria by these foreign journalists.

You would have known that the Chadian Army have only liberated just 2 towns- GamboruNgala and Dikwa- with the permission of the Nigerian authorities, with both towns near the border with Chad (GambaruNgala is in fact just at the border between Nigeria and Chad and was even captured by the Chadian ground troops after the Nigerian Airforce pounded that area repeatedly). You may also have known that most of the really heavy fighting and successes recorded so far (liberation of about 10 LOCAL GOVTS including the big towns like Baga, Monguno, Marte, Madagali, Mubi Mafa, Gulak) and the virtual surrounding of Gworza and Bama had/has been undertaken by Nigerian forces. You should have known that the main function of the other MNJF armies is to man their borders, prevent BH fighters from gaining an escape route during fights or having safe havens in their territories.

More importantly, perhaps you would have known that this is history repeating itself again. Same way Nigerian Forces- Land, Air and Navy- fought most of the real battles in the Sierra Leone civil war in the 90s, and yet today the narrative and the history books credits the British for winning that war only cos the British Press went to overdrive with the role a small British battalion played at the very tail of that war even after the war itself had already almost been won by the Nigerian and other West Africa peace keepers. If you had any sense and any iota of self respect you would very very vehemently resist this assault on the sensitivity and honour of your OWN NATION. But here you are trying to play cheap politics with .

SHAME ON YOU
Then you are the biggest FOOL! Why post your trash & call someone else a bad name that is rightly yours? Gej ass licker.

2 Likes

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by grimandevil: 6:29am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:
Thank God the chadians, Nigeriens and camerounian Army came to the party if not only God knows the extent Boko Haram would have gone by now.

I marvel at the number of troops mobilized for the fight against Boko Haram by the MNJTF from 8,700 to now proposing 10,000 additional forces and I ask myself, does it mean Nigeria has less than 30,000 Army personnel that we need less than 20,000 soldiers from neighbouring countries before we saw the victories over shekau and his murderous gangs.

it is clear the Nigerian government played politics and corruption to the detriment of the lives and properties of people of the North East.

I CAN NEVER BELIEVE THE CHADIAN ARMY IS BETTER ARMED AND BETTER TRAINED THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY, THAT ASSUMPTION IS FALSE AND INCORRECT, WE ONLY LACKED SINCERITY OF BOTH MILITARY AMD POLITICAL LEADERSHIP

at the moment they are. chad have more experience when it comes to fighting insurgents . and also nobody leaks information to bokoharam unlike Nigeria army that has a lot of saboteurs .
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by manosteel(m): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2015
Truth be told, how many International news media BBC, CNN, Aljazeera etc feel comfortable riding with Nigerian Militaries to the war front. We have seen them many times riding to the front lines with Chadian Soldiers, perhaps they feel safer and well protected with them. That speaks volumes.

1 Like

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Icekyng: 8:04am On Mar 09, 2015
okonelfg:
guy na by force
Lol
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by donodion(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2015
pendy79:

Why are you like your father, all mouth and no action.

Please bring it on, if you cant you just a Bastard attention seeker. I'm not in the states if you need my location, ask okay.

Empty nutshell.
hahaha Hi-5!
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Odunayaw(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2015
bettercreature:
You probably dont have cable tv and you dont know what's going on in africa or around the world as a whole
u must be watching d back of ur tv
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2015
Dude, Let me reply you on his behalf. I have answers to your questions.

1. You seem to quickly forget events that led to the current "Onslaught" of BH by the Nigerian Army. GEJ had proposed to send troops to curb the activities of these insurgents since 2011 but your likes in higher realms of politics refused. Even Buhari publicly lamented that any attempt to use the military against BH is an attack against all northerners.

2. When the state of emergency was declared, was it not your likes that went about criticizing the Nigerian army and saying they are killing innocent citizens? how come all of a sudden you applaud attempts by a foreign army that attack and kill people within your own country, yet you don't think they are killing innocent citizens?

3. Have you quickly forgotten the event of Mutiny at the military barracks in borno just last year? Many of the strategic plans by the army especially those that targeted an ambush at BH was leaked out to these terrorists, by who There are people in the army who are sympathetic to the cause of the insurgents and these same people were sabotaging the efforts of the military.

I could go on and on but for the fact that you are oblivious of these points or that you are aware but refuse to behold the truth makes it pathetic. Please stop being partisan about the undertakings of the military.

My point is that your likes refused to allow full scale military intervention in the northeast claiming attacks on innocent citizens, yet when it was finally allowed, pathetic loyalists within were sabotaging efforts as well as initial refusal by neighboring countries to join in the offensive. Recall that bokoharam where practically initiating their onslaughts from chad and northern cameroon and would retreat to same locations when the Nigerian military was gaining upperhand.

Be truthful and let not Buhari or APC confuse your state of truthful judgement.

pendy79:

Guess you had no answers to the good questions I posed right?

The soldiers gaining territories from Boko Haram in 2015 were not in the Nigerian Army between 2010 and 2014 right? You see how STUPID you are now?

Do we now Have US seals and Marine Corps in the Nigerian Army in 2015 hence the sudden confidence and greater fighting prowess?

If youre educated and enlightened enough, you would have known sierra Leone and liberia that we intervened years back were fighting a CIVIL WAR, are we in a CIVIL WAR IN NIGERIA TOO?

You're as STUPID, DAFT AND LACK COMMONSENSE as they come.

The gallant nigerian army had the wherewithal to fight and destroy Boko Haram years ago if the insurgency was fought with genuine intentions and sincerity of purpose.

Some military commanders were smiling to the banks and the PDP was hoping that BH will be a good excuse to avoid going for elections if they sustained it.

boKo Haram is no match even for a single army division if there is sincerity by the government.

Buhari proved this during the maitasine scourge and the Chadian invasion.

Only idiots like you close your eye to the truth.

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by mulattoclaro(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2015
breadandbutter:
undecided

victory for Allah cool

No matter how the infidels try Islam shall conquer the world cool

Allahu Akbar cool
it will conquer the world in your dreams. Prophet mohammed is a gay and bleeping pedophile. Islam is the religion of Satan. You should be out there making bombs or something.
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2015
You have a lot to learn, let me just put it like that.
KoloOyinbo:

But in the rest of world where a free press makes secrets impossible to keep the conspiracy theories turn out to be merely the fantasies of the crazy!

Why would France want that? No doubt you will have some reason (oh of course so they can get the oil - might be easier to by oil blocks).

And of course Buhari is sponsoring BH according to the Jonathan camp! Is that true also?

Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
My fellow Nigerians , this should be a wake up call for everyone and it should start from te government, pledging allegiance to ISIS shouldn't be handled as a propaganda but a time to strengthen our Intel and as well close check every borders and every incoming immigrant from these foreign coUntries linked with ISIS , tighten security and seek internation Intel than thinking shekau is giving up, well he might get stronger even in few minute deal with the ISIS , don't let the insurgent strikes us at our weakest point but let's be gallantly ready cos Isis is not a mere issue to handle . Thank u an God bless Nigeria chad and those that are supporting us
Re: Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
GenBuhari:
You have a lot to learn, let me just put it like that.

I have travelled and worked over all the world, had two careers, one for 20 years as a scientist and now as a Standards Consultant for the last 15 years. I have hear conspiracy theories from all over the place and for all kinds of stupid rubbish!

If you believe this daft theory then you are in no position to tell anyone what they need to learn.

When I come to Naija it is not to learn but to teach! You seem to need it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary / Finally Prophet T.B Joshua Announce The Coming Of Biafra / APC Party Primaries Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.