Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Help On Andriod Studio - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Andriod Studio (1139 Views)

Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps / I Need Help On Andriod Applicatinon Programing All Andriod Programmer Enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Andriod Studio by nnamdiosu(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
hey android developers in the house. I just downloaded the android studio software. installed it and off course it starts the one time download of the SDK tools. now I'm developing with eclipse . the problem is my Android studio keeps saying it can find the SDK tools that I installed. pls is anyone working with android studio here? help a brother out
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by GodMode: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Change the sdk location in android studio to the same as eclipse...

If your sdk is in c://programfiles/blablabla

Change it to that location...
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by lordZOUGA(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
nnamdiosu:
hey android developers in the house. I just downloaded the android studio software. installed it and off course it starts the one time download of the SDK tools. now I'm developing with eclipse . the problem is my Android studio keeps saying it can find the SDK tools that I installed. pls is anyone working with android studio here? help a brother out
To change your Android Studio's SDK location, right click your android project, select "module settings".
in the resulting window, slick on sdk location. you can set the sdk location from the page to the right location.

The SDK location you set here will be used in subsequent projects you create in Android studio.

OR: you can edit the local.properties file present in your project structure.

Hope this helps. smiley
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by nnamdiosu(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
lordZOUGA:

To change your Android Studio's SDK location, right click your android project, select "module settings".
in the resulting window, slick on sdk location. you can set the sdk location from the page to the right location.

The SDK location you set here will be used in subsequent projects you create in Android studio.

Hope this helps. smiley

thanks bro. It worked. but now another issue has arisen. km developing with eclipse. I winder if h r familiar with using eclipse to develop android apps. also are u an android developed? I'm in dire need of a mentor.
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by nnamdiosu(m): 4:34am On Apr 01, 2015
lordZOUGA:

Hope this helps. smiley

hi bro. remember me? thanks for ur advice the other time. pls I wanna ask if u have any experience in using ui kits in android. I have some PNG ui design kits that I want to implement into my xml view. thanks bro
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by lordZOUGA(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2015
nnamdiosu:

hi bro. remember me? thanks for ur advice the other time. pls I wanna ask if u have any experience in using ui kits in android. I have some PNG ui design kits that I want to implement into my xml view. thanks bro
You will have to extract the UI component you want from the kit and use it one by one. Extract a component, place it into the corresponding drawable folder and reference it from the corresponding xml file.
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by nnamdiosu(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
lordZOUGA:

You will have to extract the UI component you want from the kit and use it one by one. Extract a component, place it into the corresponding drawable folder and reference it from the corresponding xml file.

wow....thanks master. Ive done that and Urs cool. only that its OK for buttons and backgrounds. but can I also use the text fields in the Ui kit to receive inputs from users and get the inputs? is it possible? or I need to pit an edit text in front of the UK text field component on my XML file? thanks soooooo very .such sir. SAI LORD ZOUGA. smiley
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by lordZOUGA(m): 8:12am On Apr 02, 2015
nnamdiosu:

wow....thanks master. Ive done that and Urs cool. only that its OK for buttons and backgrounds. but can I also use the text fields in the Ui kit to receive inputs from users and get the inputs? is it possible? or I need to pit an edit text in front of the UK text field component on my XML file? thanks soooooo very .such sir. SAI LORD ZOUGA. smiley
You can use the png files you got from the UI kit a background for your text field. However, if you wish to actually get a more pleasant UI, you have to define a state list drawable using the selector tag and the use the created drawable as the background for your UI element.
Re: Help On Andriod Studio by nnamdiosu(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
lordZOUGA:

You can use the png files you got from the UI kit a background for your text field. However, if you wish to actually get a more pleasant UI, you have to define a state list drawable using the selector tag and the use the created drawable as the background for your UI element.

oh OK thanks sir. I'll do just that. God bless ya

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Programmers / Gurus In The House I Need Someone To Teach Me Hoe To Unlock Iphone 6 / User Experience; What It Really Means.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.