Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity (54597 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / 8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by DNA9(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
GeneralBosco:
Akpabio is a big thief and a fraud.

Spit smthing new,, dats a mundane lyrics.
Thanks
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by mmsen: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
sandzphield:

Pleas don't mention Imoke cus e is a sleeping governor who is taking glory for what Donald duke did b4 leaving CRS for Imoke to govern.

He's keeping the momentum going, inspite of the decrease in Federal funding.

This is much better than what some state governors do when they come into office and leave good projects to go to waste (such as the Enugu International Conference Center).

You cannot fix that which is not broken. People in Nigeria are quick to criticize those leaders that come into office and scrap good projects started by predecessors, in Liyel Imoke you have a man whose ego appears to be in check.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by oluamid(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:
Sule Lamido and Akpabio

I don't see the work Fashola did in Lagos that people are shouting "Fashola is working", for a state that generates up to N16B a month, it is not it at all.

Rochas had it before he started messsing up.

The Kwankwaso guy i don't really know.

The only way to appreciate Fashola is to have been living in Lagos for a long time. If you were there when Marwa ruled, then Tinubu's 8 years and now Fashola, the "the difference is clear" like 7up.

If you know what Lagos used to be like you'd be forced to praise Fashola too.

Our collective problem as Nigerians however, is that we are not used to a governor actually doing what he was elected to do. So we tend to blow up the little a governor like Fashola does like that's the best he could do given the resources at his disposal.

But Fashola is a one-eyed man in a country of the blind.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by DNA9(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
OgaTheTop2:
Akpabio ke!? Op, you normal

Captain,, where r u from?
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Ikengawo: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
I stand by Chime Sullivan being our most presidential governor.

Rochas is a performer. While his ambitions reflect in the scale of change he can bring to a constituency, his habit of overheating the polity, lack of diplomacy, and dictatorial governing style would make a Rochas presidency a step back

Godswil Akpabio is a great governor and super-cedes the rest in his taste alone. Because he has a taste for quality, it reflects on what he does. At the same time Akpabio is flagrantly corrupt. There is almost no Nigerian politician that's free of corruption, but the openness of Akpabio's own is worrying.

Fashola is not a man of his own. While his intelligence has been well reflected in his efforts for Nigeria, he has no barring even in his own party outside of Tinubu. Tinubu is an estate builder and would use Fashola to turn Nigeria into his own private estate as we are yet to see an ex-governor horde their states resources the way Tinubu has in Lagos. Fashola is also ok with mediocre which has been the case in his governing style of Lagos.

Rabiu Kwankwaso is bold. His boldness, like with Rochas, allows him to take leaps others wouldn't and imagine things others don't. He's also not a showboat like Rochas which works to his advantage. His main issue is he's not a Nigerian, he's a northern Hausa man. Kwankwaso has built for hausas in Niger what he hasn't build for Tivs in Benue. He abides by very primitive sharia structures in Kano which dismisses non muslims and seems to have no problem with it. Of everyone listed, he's the most regional/tribal oriented which is worrying because his boldness can translate to stiffness with others.

Sullivan is a man of Akpabio's taste, Rocha's ambition, Kwankwaso's boldness, and Fashola's intelligence that doesn't bring the tribal/religious loyalty, godfather, showboating or blunt corruption that the other guys do and hence why Enugu is arguably the most livable city in Nigeria right now.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by dazdilijae(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Olaolufred:

THIS IS A GOOD WIN.

APC 3; PDP 2.

LAMIDO IS APC INSIDE PDP.

HE IS STILL OBJ'S POLITICAL SON.

LAMIDO WANTS TO WIN ALL POSSIBLE AT STATE LEVEL.

BUT NOT WORKING AT ALL FOR GEJ.

HE IS ONE OF THE GOVENORS COURTING APC AT THE BACKYARD.

PERMIT ME TO SAY, APC 4; PDP 1

I m very sure you didn't read the topic well
its not Governors working for or against GEJ shocked must every thing bring out the hatred you have for GEJ?
please face the topic and leave GEJ or party out of this and lets face the individuals

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by 400billionman: 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
drtwist:
I think your rating was not base on performance, lamido and rochas doe not deserve to be there. I think. 1. Fashola. 2.akpabio. 3kwankwaso. 4.amechi 5. Sullivan. Finally 2 sub like oshomale and mimiko

Which Amaechi are you talking about ?

Who still respects him with his unguarded utterances ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Adewale9(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Fayose cannot make the list buh when it comes to Governors that Runs mouth Fayose can be number 1....
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Olutola88(m): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:
Sule Lamido and Akpabio

I don't see the work Fashola did in Lagos that people are shouting "Fashola is working", for a state that generates up to N16B a month, it is not it at all.

Eyah! The PDP sycophant is pained
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by nationwide1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
GeneralBosco:
Akpabio is a big thief and a fraud.
The list was not compiled without taking into consideration the shortcomings/weaknesses of the nominees.

All of them are guilty of one wrong act or the other but in spite of that, the list was done with respect to their performances on ground.

In view of aforesaid, I hereby submit that Godswill Akpabio deserves a place in this impartial list of excellence.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by mbhs139(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
nationwide1:
From their maturity, tolerance, performances, utterances and actions, I think these governors can adequately perform the responsibilities of the president if opportunity presents itself:

1. Godswill Akpabio

2. Owelle Rochas Okorocha

3. Sule Lamido

4. Babatunde Raji Fashola

5. Mohammed Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Any contrary opinion?

I don't agree with the list if contains Akpabio. I'm 100% in support of Fashola. Others I don't know much about, except Kwankwaso whom I may give a chance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by DONADAMS(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
iduzebaba:
let's put sentiments and party alliances aside, IF FASHOLA HANDLE DIS COUNTRY FOR ONE GOOD YEAR, YOU WILL FORGET D SPELLING OF CLUELESS,
fashola ni oooo, naija o ni baje
lol...I concur grin
iduzebaba:
let's put sentiments and party alliances aside, IF FASHOLA HANDLE DIS COUNTRY FOR ONE GOOD YEAR, YOU WILL FORGET D SPELLING OF CLUELESS,
lol...I concur

3 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by ghostofsparta(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
The perfect duo who can govern this amalgamation excellently and far better than any of those criminals you all have been listing are President Shekau and Vice President Asari Dokubo, while you're still wondering how so...you can check out One of these interesting topics might fancy your interest to understand how a child begotten through the mating of a husband and wife still manages to capture the resemblance of an outsider, click PARANORMAL or SCIENCE:MATERNAL IMPRINTING where a rational possibility is examined, following up on Nelly's 99.3 Nigeria Info Friday radio talk show 'Paranormal or Science'

Apart from religious reasons why do Nigerians pretend so much about sex, click Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? following up on MzMyColi poser on the burning question.

To get some clarity on the confusion as to why the deistic force of retribution and justice known as ṢANGÓ is generally misunderstood, click ṢANGÓ-ONE OF THE 401 MISPERCEIVED ÍRUNMO̩LẸ to read on how the misperception is rationalized.

To read about the new Intel's low-energy Core M processor, click PROCESSOR OF CONFUSION to read on how this relatively new chip oppresses some of its predecessors.

Who is to blame immediately a budding relationship start heading south? Find out by clicking THE RELATIONSHIP BLAME GAME: THE ABUSE, THE ABUSED & THE ABUSER to see if you agree or not with the arguments.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by missbehave247(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Adyrin:
best governor ever, like u sabi am pass me ooo0
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
nationwide1:
From their maturity, tolerance, performances, utterances and actions, I think these governors can adequately perform the responsibilities of the president if opportunity presents itself:

1. Godswill Akpabio

2. Owelle Rochas Okorocha

3. Sule Lamido

4. Babatunde Raji Fashola

5. Mohammed Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Any contrary opinion?
i av problem with the numbering. Fashola shd com first follow by OGBENI ROCHAS OLAWAlE SADiQ OKOROCHA and then d rest ..... Kwankwaso, lamido and akpabio
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by mrrock: 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
iduzebaba:

Lagos state generates more money internally than some 10 states put together can do. Not adding monthly funds from Abuja. There's absolutely no reason why a Lagos state Governor should not perform, whether Fashola or someone else.

Having said that, he tried. But, that may just be because he have the advantage to do so. And, if only Tinubu had allowed him free hand to govern, he would have done even better.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Olutola88:
Eyah! The PDP sycophant is pained

Eeya, the clueless guy can't see beyond Party politics.

I don't support any party FYI.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by DaGC(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
luvprince4real:
I wish APC presented fashola I'll have gladly voted for him. Buhari is not an option to GEJ. Meanwhile I agree with the list as long as [b]uduaghan[/b]is not there.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. cheesy grin Bros Emma!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
Perfect List.Kwankwaso should be top.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
I disagree with your list OP,it should just be three of them to make the list
1.Baba Tunde Raji Fashola
2.Mohamed Rabiu Kwankwanso
3.Rochas Okorocha
Akpabio talks too much and can't handle pressure,he is not intellegent enough

Lamido has no stand and he is not forcefull enough,he not siutable for presidency
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Olutola88(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:

Eeya, the clueless guy can't see beyond Party politics.

I don't support any party FYI.
Really? Do I look like ur clueless President that could be cheaply deceived?
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by uwaifo1234: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=macpetrus post=31453736]Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu .. Nige state Governor.[/ quote] l still prefer Donald Duke to all.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ikengawo:
I stand by Chime Sullivan being our most presidential governor.

Rochas is a performer. While his ambitions reflect in the scale of change he can bring to a constituency, his habit of overheating the polity, lack of diplomacy, and dictatorial governing style would make a Rochas presidency a step back

Godswil Akpabio is a great governor and super-cedes the rest in his taste alone. Because he has a taste for quality, it reflects on what he does. At the same time Akpabio is flagrantly corrupt. There is almost no Nigerian politician that's free of corruption, but the openness of Akpabio's own is worrying.

Fashola is not a man of his own. While his intelligence has been well reflected in his efforts for Nigeria, he has no barring even in his own party outside of Tinubu. Tinubu is an estate builder and would use Fashola to turn Nigeria into his own private estate as we are yet to see an ex-governor horde their states resources the way Tinubu has in Lagos. Fashola is also ok with mediocre which has been the case in his governing style of Lagos.

Rabiu Kwankwaso is bold. His boldness, like with Rochas, allows him to take leaps others wouldn't and imagine things others don't. He's also not a showboat like Rochas which works to his advantage. His main issue is he's not a Nigerian, he's a northern Hausa man. Kwankwaso has built for hausas in Niger what he hasn't build for Tivs in Benue. He abides by very primitive sharia structures in Kano which dismisses non muslims and seems to have no problem with it. Of everyone listed, he's the most regional/tribal oriented which is worrying because his boldness can translate to stiffness with others.

Sullivan is a man of Akpabio's taste, Rocha's ambition, Kwankwaso's boldness, and Fashola's intelligence that doesn't bring the tribal/religious loyalty, godfather, showboating or blunt corruption that the other guys do and hence why Enugu is arguably the most livable city in Nigeria right now.
eku ejo!

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Olutola88:
Really? Do I look like ur clueless President that could be cheaply deceived?

Omashe o.

Please don't mention me again.

You think everyone is interested in your childishness?

Be the man you are an act like you have the sense I'm sure God gave you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by nationwide1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
mbhs139:

I don't agree with the list if contains Akpabio. I'm 100% in support of Fashola. Others I don't know much about, except Kwankwaso whom I may give a chance.
Bro, you sound as if you've lived all your life in Lagos.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
otemanuduno:

Freedom of Speech does not entail insulting the Seat of the President! GEJ wld finish some day and go . The president seat wld remain. Wen i insult the president you Degrade the position. And thats how it starts. You can constructively criticize and at the same respect the president. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Is C-in-C a god? I don't think u know what democracy entails(freedom of speech).
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Olutola88(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:

Omashe o.

Please don't mention me again.

You think everyone is interested in your childishness?

Be the man you are an act like you have the sense I'm sure God gave you.
SMH
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by vynzecent(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE PERFORMING WELL IN THEIR STATES DOESN'T GUARANTEE THEY'LL DO WELL AS PRESIDENTS. A COUNTRY IS DIFFERENT FROM A STATE

2 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Hero10001: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
ayusco85:

for me only Kwankwaso and fashola can
It woulda make sense if APC had chosen one of those men instead of the poor-old controversial and calamitous gmb.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:
Sule Lamido and Akpabio

fashola's achievement can be seen by the blind but for u ur blindness is out planet earth na mercury im dey

3 Likes

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Hero10001: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
vynzecent:
JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE PERFORMING WELL IN THEIR STATES DOESN'T GUARANTEE THEY'LL DO WELL AS PRESIDENTS. A COUNTRY IS DIFFERENT FROM A STATE
If you can make small great, you can make great emormous.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
vynzecent:
Jonathan as a case study?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Released From Benin Prison / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.