Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Endorsement Of Child On Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Endorsement Of Child On Passport (1780 Views)

How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport / Change Of Name On Passport / Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endorsement Of Child On Passport by babybird82(f): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2009
Happy New year to all Nairalanders.

Please how do i endorse my child on my International passport. Or do i have to get him his own passport(He is 2mths old now).

The passport still bear my maiden name though i havent done a change of name. My passport will expire in 2010 and i intend to use it till then.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by charliebiz(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2009
You have to get him his own passport. Curiously, ur MRP(old passport) are you still using without embarrassement from the embassies and immigration officers? Becos i know some of my clients that have complain to me of being embarrassed in the ports for using their old passport which will officially be an illegal document come 2010. Although the epassport is still in use which will last for 5 years.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2009
As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal to use a passport bearing a lady's maiden name.
As long as she can produce a marriage certificate if requested, and tickets are purchased in the name in the passport, there are no issues at all.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by babybird82(f): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ Siena & Charliebiz

Thanks for your response.

If i have to get him his own passport which i am trying to avoid, how do i go about it?

I am sure he can be endorsed on my passport but dont know how.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by Ilelobola: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
I had my daughter endorsed on my passport though they had started issuing the ePassports then. I believe you can get one for you child or get them endorsed on your passport.

If you want to get one, you can get requirements as well as make payment on www.immigration.gov.ng. They will not accept payment anywhere else. Depending on where you are, you may need to make an appointment to take you child in and get photos taken; remember to take a printed receipt from the Immigration website with you.

Last time I checked, you can just walk in during opening hours in London. Worth calling to find out though and be prepared to spend the day there.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by Ilelobola: 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
Forgot to add, I still use the old passport with my maiden name and I've had no issues so far.

However returning from holiday one time with my daughter using our UK passports which has my maiden name hence different last names for both of us. UK Immigration wanted to know why we had different last names, "we obviously don't have the same father if she's my daugther", I said. However, I've been taking my MC and her BC with me when we travel together since then.
Re: Endorsement Of Child On Passport by babybird82(f): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ Ilelobola

Thanks a million. Will check out the site.

Have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Relocate To Canada Without Paying Any Agent / Dry Travel Section! / Pls Has Anyone Here Travelled With Egypt Air Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.