Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? (831 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
@all
This may not be prevalent in other places but in Nigeria,examination malpractice has become a STANDARD procedure. I noticed that even,there's hardly pastor or bro/sis in the examhall again sef. In some sorry cases where there are,its a pastors 'collabo'. The 'pastors' are teaching only themselves right in the examhall. Many of those people at the back of the examhall having different formations,different styles and smuggling the textbooks into the hall or in the toilet are professing christians.They go to church on sunday and may even give testimony in their school fellowship when results come out.It's just normal to them.How can we correct this?Is it possible for you,reader as an individual to do without it? Tell us your experience and advice.
Re: Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by ow11(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Image

This is a serious problem blighting our schools. As per Christians doing it, I guess it is a result of the moral decay in the society influencing them. I would suggest our Universities hold only oral examinations lasting no more than 20 mins per person to decide the persons grade and ability. Results would come out early and even if it takes 2-3 days to finish. It saves the tutors the hassles of marking!! Of course, a report has to be presented. This will reduce the opportunities to cheat.

As for JAMB and SSCE, I am out of ideas. Children's department and teenage fellowship on Sundays should not be all about dating and sex. It should be a place were other moral tenets (like honesty) should be taught and emphasized on.
Re: Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by Image123(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ow11
oral examinations,I've never thought of that.That would be a good one at least to start with.I think that would probably reduce malpractice by more than 50% already.But then we have those who bribe with money and body.that's a good suggestion.I wish the appropriate authorities could here this.
Re: Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by jamace(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2009
shocked shocked sad sad shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed dumbfounded
Re: Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by Image123(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2009
@jamace
kindly use your hands then.lol.what's your experience?
Re: Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? by ow11(m): 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
For bribery and 'sex for marks', that behaviour transcends exams anyway as it is rampant everywhere in the society. Children's departments should be handled by the Pastor's wife where fruits of the Spirit are taught every Sunday. They have no business on the front row of the church and preaching when GO is out of town. If a child is trained up in the way of the Lord, he might stray but he will still remain close to the Lord. I think when the access to cheat is very limited, it would take a very morally barren fellow to cheat in any form.

(1) (Reply)

Cfaith.TV - A New Christian Tv Channel / Pastor Deflected Gunshot With Bible / Freemason:good Or Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.