Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31004 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Forwetinnah: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Na today?? Who tie ya hand since oga Fashi?? OLe Tinubu nii??
Bunch of Didirins saying things that are not attainable just to get votes..

Na so Osibade with all him intelligence say him go dey supply gas with trucks to power plants to stabilize electricity. .smh. Nothing I no go hear
Make this election do pass biko..i don taya!!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by light004: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oga Fashola stop lying to the people. Generating 50mw cannot be compared with mega power stations that takes many years to build. You are really disappointing your fans and admirers. You know that it's impossible to solve the power problem in Lagos in 8months.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by lastpage: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
OLADD:
Hmmmm. Boasting of ability to provide light in 6 months but cannot provide ordinary pipe borne water for Lagosians in 16 years! Why are Nigerians like these for God's sake? How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves?

Where do you live in Lagos State.... that you dont have Pipe Borne water?

Even places like Makoko, Orile, bariga, Okoko, Abule Egba, e.t.c all have it in their homes.

I hope you are not implying that "across that bridge" is part of Fashola's responsibility?

Nmbanu!

Lastpage!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clevvermind(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
holatin:
dis is not if I believe or not,counter his promise before been elected and how he failed his word and how you think he is a failure that can't achieve dat feat.

simple !!!
you did not answer my question.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by lastpage: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
xandy84:

You took the comment off my mouth. Am not a PDP or APC supporter but i can tell when politicians lie. Am Lagos born and bread and i can tell you most houses in Lagos does not have portable drinking water. The simple question is which is easier to provide.. Water or electricity?... Talk is cheap indeed.

[size=18pt]SCAM ALERT![/size] shocked shocked

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by komek(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Please provide us with pipe borne water first.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by shurlermoz(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
light004:
Oga Fashola stop lying to the people. Generating 50mw cannot be compared with mega power stations that takes many years to build. You are really disappointing your fans and admirers. You know that it's impossible to solve the power problem in Lagos in 8months.

I can't really doubt him, Prof Barth Nnaji was doing it for GEJ 's government and everybody can attest to the tremendous improvement in power supply at the time, but what did our President do?! He listened to some self service advice and without much thought sacked the Prof.
If the Prof had carried on then, do you think anybody will wanna listen to any "change" jingle today?!

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Trailblazer1:
just as like Awolowo and Abiola undecided undecided undecided

Keep dreaming
Using the two similes "like" and "as" side by side? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by PEREZPERECTUS: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
EdCure:

Discos do not generate electuricity. The federal govt still holds that responsibility.

Pls always get your facts before coming to public domain.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
xandy84:

Am Lagos born and bread.

Butter nko?

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by jeffoe(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
OLADD:
Hmmmm. Boasting of ability to provide light in 6 months but cannot provide ordinary pipe borne water for Lagosians in 16 years! Why are Nigerians like these for God's sake? How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves?
stop saying what u don't know. I enjoy pipe borne water in my apartment in lagos we pay 500 naira per month, if u dare me I would upload photos tomorrow
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by hensben(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
tseuns:
Na nw u knw? U no do am in 8yrs, na 8 mnths u wan do am. What do dis apc guys take us to b na? Fashola is being corrupted. Abeggy kari ur politics and talk away jooo.
Ignorance and comprehension be ur problem.....read and know about government policy before ranting on a forum.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by sani99: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
GOV FASIOLA!!! Stop this wicked lies.....the power sector has been liberalized and privatized, what did you wait for since 8 years of being a Governor?or you want 3rd tenure first? This is how you and your apc have been criticizing and lie-lie to Nigerians
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Mistermamus(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dis tinubu boy boy still dey talk? Yeye dey smell
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by shurlermoz(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
jeffoe:
stop saying what u don't know. I enjoy pipe borne water in my apartment in lagos we pay 500 naira per month, if u dare me I would upload photos tomorrow

Me too o, I no know where this mofos dey live, under bridge?!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clemz88(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lie from the pit of hell. Fasholiar didn't do for the past 8 years so is now he's nonsense noncommon sense thinks he can come out and talk some trash.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by lastpage: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
EdCure:

Discos do not generate electricity. The federal govt still holds that responsibility.

Thank you for reminding these mofos!
They dont know jerk about electricity generation and distribution yet they are all ranting ignorantly!

Government OWNS all "Power generation".

Discos OWN all "Transmission/Distibution"

The Generated Power runs through the National Grid..... owned in-part (by direct assignment) the DISCOS.

If Fashola constructs say a 300MW plant in Lagos and wants to distribute it to Lagosians, he NEEDS TO USE THE CURRENT DISTRIBUTION INFRASTRUCTURES ('Nepa' Pole, Wire, Transformers, Sub stations, e.t.c )

These infrastructure currently is held in trust by the DISCOS (through payment of License to the Fed Govt)....for which they are authorised to collect money from the "Public" (when they buy "Electricity Cards/Monthly Bills) ...who use the transmitted power

Thus you can see why Fashola said "iff" they can sign their concession to/with him?
No point generating power if you cant distribute it while collecting payment for its use.

Until Fashola has a "contract" saying you are allowed to use the current Transmission/Distribution infrastructure of say Ikeja DISCO.... he cant attempt what most ignorant people here are criticising.

Like they say, "Ignorance is Bliss"
. undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by gratiaeo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Fashola (Tinubu stooge) is a common criminal

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by light004: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
plainol:
I can't just pick a sector that this our useless and inept President has transformed.
By your comment you already have demonstrated your ignorance and your inability to do the needful to educate your mind and be useful to those around you. No one needs to tell you what the President has done you owe it a duty to find out what the government has done.

Please exercise care when you are commenting in public to avoid exposing your ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Forwetinnah: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kingspin:
Sir, our eight years is a waste. You failed to transform Lagos to New York and u have almost spend 8years in office. The same way they want GEJ to do it overnight within first tenure. We must be realistic on issues on ground. Give Fashola another 4years, he cannot to do. We need patience for goodthings to develop.

He was busy siphoning money for his cult - father OLe Tinubu.
If the APC was very serious about winning these elections, their states would have been a blueprint for Nigerians to see how well they can govern the nation but wosai?? grin Tinubu would have left his greed for at least 2years for his states to flourish but like I said..Wosai!!

APC states are even more malnourished gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ogb5(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

Power generation by State Government that is above 10MWs is illegal to be handled by State government according to the Law except it will generate the Power and transmit to the National Grid.

Are you educated about it now? cure yourself of ignorance first before commenting foolishly.

Do you know the mega watts of electricity generated by Rivers state at Omoku, Trans Amadi and at Eleme. You need to travel out of your birth place and see what others are doing. It is people like you that are singing praises on Fashola for commissioning expensive generators.

Some smart governors will use the deregulation of electricity generation and distribution to wean their states from reliance on the national grid, many of you will be caught offguard
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clemz88(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
VickJames:
Why didn't you pick a presidential ticket in any party and run for president.
The power project you've been ringing in our ears in your 100days in office daily isn't forthcoming.
guy if person like fasholiar becomes president,even house mouse go dey pay tax . He go kill all of una with tax. If u go to toilet u must pay tax
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bawz012(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Sirniyeh:
Relax BRF, after may 29, you will be our minister of Power. All your enemies should go and hold transformer.

Fire fire should take note!
tranfor gini?... wey d light?... if anyone hug transformer in Nigeria... HE/she should fear not cos...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dokyOloye: 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:

no like the unparalleled and unbeatable AREMU OKIKIOLU OLUSEGUN OBASANJO.

1976 - 1979

1999 - 2003

2003 - 2007

when was the last time we had an Igbo Head of State again?

yea I remember 1966 and for how long a 180days adventure
How well have U and Ur hausa/Fulani husbands done wt all d political power U have been hoarding since independence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by lastpage: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Forwetinnah:

APC states are even more malnourished gringringringrin

Hmmm.... yet at barely 10yrs of age, over 80% of you peeps will hop on the next available "CHISCO TRANSPORT", ....on your way to Lagos.... .....abandoning your erosion ravished land to your poor elderly folks! sad embarassed embarassed

Lagos traffic hawker, even you sef follow dem come!

Dearis guodu Oooo...Dearis guoduu Ooooo
**sheds crocodile Shepopotamus tears*** grin grin

Lastpage

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ylaa(f): 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
ofcos, babatunde fashola is capable of stable electricity. he is a man of his words. I wish he is the one contesting for presidency not the half dead of a man.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ogb5(m): 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
lastpage:

They dont know jerk about electricity generation and distribution yet they are all ranting ignorantly!

The Generated Power runs through the National Grid..... owned in-part (by direct assignment) the DISCOS.

If Fashola constructs say a 300MW plant in Lagos and wants to distribute it to Lagosians, he NEEDS TO USE THE CURRENT DISTRIBUTION INFRASTRUCTURES ('Nepa' Pole, Wire, Transformers, Sub stations, e.t.c )

These infrastructure currently is held in trust by the DISCOS (through payment of License to the Fed Govt)....for which they are authorised to collect money from the "Public" (when they buy "Electricity Cards/Monthly Bills) ...who use the transmitted power

Thus you can see why Fashola said "iff" they can sign their concession to/with him?
No point generating power if you cant distribute it while collecting payment for its use.

Until Fashola has a "contract" saying you are allowed to use the current Transmission/Distribution infrastructure of say Ikeja DISCO.... he cant attempt what most ignorant people here are criticising.

. undecided

Lastpage!

You are the ignorant one who knows nothing about the deregulation policy.

You boldly come online to claim that the generation companies still belong to govt, can you explain to us why former PHCN staff were paid off, infact why are they called former PHCN staff.

Hope you know you can cure yourself from the self imposed hypnosis by APC propaganda

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
OLADD:

How do you pump and distribute water from water works to consumers without electricity to pump the water? Is this not the reason why he's building power plants to power the water works which which is the responsibility of your worthless, corrupt and incompetent FG/GEJ/PDP.

Fashola should be spending the Lagos taxpayers money on schools, hospitals and other critical infrastructures, not spending it to take care of federal responsibilities like power production.

You people are so shallow and ignorant it's not even funny..
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by light004: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
lastpage:

The Generated Power runs through the National Grid..... owned in-part (by direct assignment) the

. undecided

Lastpage!
Seriously, are you joking or not in this country? You are obviously ignorant about the reforms in the power sector. Google is your friend, do a little research on google on these two subjects: electricity power sector reform act and the power roadmap.
If you don't have sufficient knowledge about any issue it's better to be silent than expose your ignorance. Who be na teacher self

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
ogb5:

Do you know the mega watts of electricity generated by Rivers state at Omoku, Trans Amadi and at Eleme. You need to travel out of your birth place and see what others are doing. It is people like you that are singing praises on Fashola for commissioning expensive generators.

Some smart governors will use the deregulation of electricity generation and distribution to wean their states from reliance on the national grid, many of you will be caught offguard

Is Omoku not owned by AGIP and was it the deregulation that engineers it? Eleme and Trans Amadi new IPP generate for the DISCO who are licensed by the federal government. Owned by most of the states in the south south with Ibom power plants. I know those terrains

Lagos state was rejected because it was an ACN state then while all PDP states who applied were given the concessions
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by gonon: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
EdCure:

Discos do not generate electricity. The federal govt still holds that responsibility.

No the federal govt doesn't generate power. Haven't you heard of privatization?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dokyOloye: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
T
ogb5:

Nairaland has made me realise many Nigerian youths hardly travel outside their geo- political zones.Fashola probably provided generators that guzzle millions of naira/day diesel and dudes are here making noise.Apart from Rivers,Akwa Ibom also did well in terms of electricity generation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Zakari As INEC Boss / Saraki At Dino Melaye's Sister's Wedding - Photos / EFCC Goes After Sule Lamido After Atiku's Jigawa Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.