Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra (5485 Views)

Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election / Zahra Buhari Back On Twitter, Accuses PDP Of Hacking Into Her Twitter Account / Labaran Maku finally Secures APGA Governorship Ticket, Accuses PDP Of Injustice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio
Biafra
By Nigeria Horn Newspapers On 11 Mar, 2015 At
11:40 AM | Categorized As Imo State | With 0
Comments
By OGU Bundu Nwadike
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo
State has come under the heavy hammer of
the state governor, Rochas Okorocha, who has
directly accused the party of floating the
clandestine Frequency Modulated (FM) radio
that is introduced as Radio Biafra.
The accusation was made in a press release
signed by Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, Senior
Special Assistant to the Governor on Media,
declaring that the radio is actually a deceit
packaged by the PDP since it has been
abnormally attacking the All Progressives
Congress (APC) exclusively.
“The truth is that the radio station is the
creation of the Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP. The party invented it to assist them in
their hate campaigns against APC and its
leaders. A typical and genuine Biafra radio
where necessary should be devoting its
airtime to the things that would be of great
interest to the Igbo.
“But the Biafra Radio under reference attacks
APC and its leaders as if there are no Igbo
people in APC and as if there are no
Northerners in PDP. As a matter of fact the
radio station is a deceit packaged by the PDP
in its strenuous efforts to escape the defeat
that awaits it.
“Our investigation also revealed that the radio
station does not broadcast from London as
claimed by those behind it but within.
“The Igbo and of course Nigerians of goodwill
should disregard the radio station. The radio
station is owned by PDP, otherwise the PDP-
led federal government would have made
effort to apprehend those behind it because it
is unlawful. To call the station Biafra Radio
instead of PDP radio is the height of deceit,”
the statement asserted.
According to the statement, ” the radio station
claims to be operating from London, and has
been carrying out serious campaign of
calumny and blackmail against the APC and
its leaders. In fact, all the talks or discussions
on the radio have been against the Igbos in
APC.”
For some time now an FM station which says
it is Radio Biafra has been airing broadcasts
and stating that it is from London. A survey
around Imo State has revealed that many Imo
people have been tuning into the station and
following the programmes with growing deep
interest. According to the people Midweek
Nigerian Horn spoke with the strong
attraction, in addition to the claim to being
radio Biafra, is found in the clear signal
reception of the broadcast from the station.
Incidentally, it was discovered too that the
messages of the station have been
unfavourable to the Gov. Okorocha
administration as it reports copiously on
alleged negative sides of the government. The
respondents say the whole thing is creating
confusion as they do not know what to
believe again about the Okorocha
administration.
“It will be quite unfortunate, if all this radio
Biafra is reporting turns out to be true. Why
should Owelle build so many houses in his
compound? They say it is Imo State money
that he used in building the houses at SPIBAT
in Akwakuma. I don’t if it is true. But if it is
true or not how can we know. I just hope it is
a lie. If it is true, then Owelle has not done
well at all,” said one tricycle (keke) driver
who spoke in vernacular.
Another respondent, Chibuike, however,
would not give the reports on the purported
radio Biafra a second thought, insisting that
Gov. Okorocha has done well.
“It is a big lie! It is the work of PDP. Owelle
tried more than Ohakim. In fact, Owelle has
done better than all governors before him,
except Mbakwe. And don’t forget that Owelle
is a very rich man. He has been very rich
even before he became governor. He has been
giving free education before he was made
governor. he brought free education to Imo
State. So, Leave PDP alone. They want to
defeat Owelle by all means, but God will not
allow them,” he said.
Be that as it may, it is the view of pundits that
with the broadcasts of the said radio Biafra
getting intensified, the possibility of many die
in the wool supporters of Okorocha may be
convinced to dump the governor and pitch
tent with some other parties. This speculative
reasoning is not within the capacity of
anybody to determine. Only the April 11
gubernatorial election will prove who becomes
the governor of Imo State. www.nigerianhornnews.com/okorocha-accuses-pdp-of-floating-radio-biafra/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by cheruv: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
and two days ago I saw rochas along Douglas road pulling crowds and creating confusion

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
this news was culled from radio biafra facebook group

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
front page pls
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
for the imo state government to issue a press release means radio biafra is really a nightmare.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by NDPVF(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
I do listen to it via satellite here.I can't get the FM station here.
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
wooooow I must say that i am very happy because
a few days ago a lady from Owerri called to ask
our able director "how much has the APC paid him
to campaign for them" and finally today the zoo
government of APC in the same Owerri made a
press release that our Biafra radio is of the PDP.
This i believe is a proof that our radio Biafra is non
political and has nothing in common with the zoo
government and that is exactly how it should be.
my Director NNAMDI KALU i must commend you
for the good work you are doing for we the Biafrans
and i pray that CHUKWU ABIAMA will always be
with you until our land is restored.....Iseeeee..... By Freeman

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Chimarto: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
The Republic of Biafra........Coming Soon

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by clevvermind(m): 4:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tribalism is what is killing Nigeria. I'm an igbo, i'm yoruba, i'm hausa, i'm ijaw, i'm this, i'm that. When are we going to see ourselves as Nigerians, as one people? When are we going to put tribal or ethnic sentiment aside and move on as one people? When are we going to love ourselves? When will the tribal hatred ends? Why are we so intolerant and unacommodating? Please let's move on as one. We are brothers and sisters. Let's stand together, let's fight together, and let's live together as one people. In unity we stand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
clevvermind:
Tribalism is what is killing Nigeria. I'm an igbo, i'm yoruba, i'm hausa, i'm ijaw, i'm this, i'm that. When are we going to see ourselves as Nigerians, as one people? When are we going to put tribal or ethnic sentiment aside and move on as one people? When are we going to love ourselves? When will the tribal hatred ends? Why are we so intolerant and unacommodating? Please let's move on as one. We are brothers and sisters. Let's stand together, let's fight together, and let's live together as one people. In unity we stand.
so you are saying the Ukrainians, Slovakians, Slovenians that broke away from the former Soviet union are tribalists?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
NDPVF:
I do listen to it via satellite here.I can't get the FM station here.
don't worry bro. it will soon saturate the entire eastern region
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
T9ksy, I can see you viewing this thread. I want to believe you are happy for us
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
All of you from the south west that have been shouting "Igbo must go", I hope you guys are happy for us?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by clevvermind(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
so you are saying the Ukrainians, Slovakians, Slovenians that broke away from the former Soviet union are tribalists?
their reason might be different, but in Nigeria, we all know that tribalism hold sway and it is the major cause of all this.
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by 1shortblackboy: 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
igbos undecided
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Slynonny(m): 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sahara Desert Reporters pls take note.
Radio Biafra is here to counter your lies and propaganda and equally discredit APC the same you guys have been discrediting and insulting our President.
Mallam Buhari come and shine my shoe.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by NDPVF(m): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
clevvermind:
[/s]This is absolutely unnecessary.Learn to be own your own.My great,great,grand parents doesn't know what is Nigeria.They know themselves as Efik,Ibibio,etc.At most,they can trace their origin to Afra Kingdom,which encompasses many countries like congo,cameroun,etc,and thats why Frank Opigo who brought the name "BI-AFRA" got it.
IF DON'T RE-ELECT GEJ,......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Emmanuel247(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Why won't he be afraid

This is even another means of making the Radio Biafra popular let the people that has not heard of it hear and start listening

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by NDPVF(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
clevvermind:
their reason might be different, but in Nigeria, we all know that tribalism hold sway and it is the major cause of all this.
[/s]Please stop this sermon already.
"ONE MANS TRIBALISM,IS ANOTHER MANS NATIONALISM/PATRIOTISM".
BTW,I was going through list of countries,their landmass,population figure,and GDP,the other day,i found out that my state Akwa Ibom,is surpasses most countries in all of the afore-mentioned nationhood paramiters.I told myself,if worst comes to worst,AKS can be a country.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
clevvermind:
don't say that. was it not at the Berlin conference that Africa was shared like a fresh cake from the oven? were we consulted before the white man lumped us together with the south west and the north? if you want Africa to progress, then we must apply the simple principle of mathematics I.e we MUST collect like terms together. there MUST be re-alignment, re-arrangement of the whole tribes in Africa. people with almost the same culture and attributes must come together and AGREE on a system of government to practice. Uchenna from anambra and Adamu from borno have nothing in common and they shouldn't be in the same union

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Emmanuel247:
Why won't he be afraid

This is even another means of making the Radio Biafra popular let the people that has not heard of it hear and start listening
you are absolutely right. he is making radio biafra more popular
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
I myself am tired of Nigeria.

I do not believe in it, anymore.
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
If Okorocha believes the PDP is behind Radio Biafra, then too bad.

As far as I can recall, Radio Biafra is calling for election boycott: A call some of us have disagreed with them.
It is politically expedient that we return Jonathan.

Of course, the main hub of Radio Biafra is in London.

Although some of us are not happy with the Director for his violence approach to the struggle, people like Rochas will soon learn that we the Biafrans do not follow personality cults.

Once more, we are calling on all Biafrans to head home!
2015 election is an anti climax.

A Jonathan win is trouble, A Buhari win is also trouble.

Cheers to all.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by Chigold101(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
for the imo state government to issue a press release means radio biafra is really a nightmare.
lolzzzzz... This one funny me ooo...
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
noblezone:

As far as I can recall, Radio Biafra is calling for election boycott: A call some of us have disagreed with them.

Although some of us are not happy with the Director for his violence approach to the struggle, people like Rochas will soon learn that we the Biafrans do not follow personality cults.

Cheers to all.
I respect your view but remember that massob has been non violent and you see the way they are treated. the nigeria police can't treat MEND like that because they know what the result would be
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by tutudesz: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
I respect your view but remember that massob has been non violent and you see the way they are treated. the nigeria police can't treat MEND like that because they know what the result would be
i hope you all know if nigeria is to be divided,its going to be into 4 part namely south west,south south,south east nd north.
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by MrEverest(m): 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yea, I heard the Imo state sponsored pronouncement on radio this morning, the way they packaged it showed that the Rochas camp is morbidly afraid. Honestly, the man tried but his collaboration with Buhari is making him unpopular in Imo.
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
tutudesz:

i hope you all know if nigeria is to be divided,its going to be into 4 part namely south west,south south,south east nd north.
even if she is is divided into 10 I'm ok with it. so far as we Igbos are not sharing the same country with the south west and the north,
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by nigerdeltaa(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrEverest:
Yea, I heard the Imo state sponsored pronouncement on radio this morning, the way they packaged it showed that the Rochas camp is morbidly afraid. Honestly, the man tried but his collaboration with Buhari is making him unpopular in Imo.
thank you for collaborating this news
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by tutudesz: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
nigerdeltaa:
even if she is is divided into 10 I'm ok with it. so far as we Igbos are not sharing the same country with the south west and the north,
i will prefer if only the north is remove from nigeria,because of there of must rule thinking because of their size. south west has always nd will always look for any region to back
Re: Okorocha accuses PDP of floating Radio Biafra by NDPVF(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
noblezone:

Cheers to all.
Yes,i also frowned at the total boycott of the election which they are calling for.I would av' loved that Gej return to Aso Rock,failure upon which everything will be unleashed from all angel.But you see,its a question of being firm,resolute,and resolved ,in ones agenda.The young man Kalu seems resolved in what he wants.You av' gat to hear him bash Gej.He doesnt want to hear anything Nigeria,and hence,neither the election nor Gej,is important to him except Biafsa.I heard him over the radio saying "He can't be fighting to dissolve this injustice upon the Black race i.e refering Nigeria as injustice upon the Black Race,and at same time supporting election in same 'injustice'"
As for the Arm struggle you made mention of,i av' been into Arm struggle for long,especially at the pick of Niger Delta militancy,though opted out at some point.But you must understand,that the Nigerian government wont listen to you,unless you shoot gun.thats why they were begging to negotiate with shekau.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Updates From Taraba State's Re-run / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / EKSIEC Releases Timetable For Local Government Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.