Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,244 members, 7,780,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:25 PM

Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? (1929 Views)

Landlord Beats Pregnant Woman Into Coma, Loses Her Pregnancy (Photo) / 11m For One Night With Your Wife, Would You Accept? / His Wife Attempted To Remove A Meat From His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
Dear familylanders.
I just need ur opinion on this matter. My landlord killed a Cow yesterday and brought some of the meat (like 5k worth) to my husband and I, telling us that his niece would be getting married so the cow was for the party. We accepted it because we didn't know how to reject it. But my husband later told me to let him know if I didn't want it. I started thinking. Our landlord is a pagan who treats people with herbal medicine. He doesn't even like it when his wife and kids go to church (one of his kids told me so). So I don't trust him. Later that night his househelp brought some of the meat for our next door neighbour. When she was leaving I asked her how they were preparing for the party, she said "no oo, no party o". I was shocked! The man lied. I later saw his little daughter and jokingly asked how she was preparing to dance at the wedding, she said "which wedding? No party oo, daddy just killed the cow". That got me thinking. Long story short, my husband gave the meat to a security man at his place of work. So what do you think? Would you have eaten it? Did I do the right thing or nah? Please note that he said he told the security man how he got the meat (of course, nobody goes around sharing meat without a reason) and the man didn't seem to care. He accepted it with joy!
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by steppins: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
floragregs:
Dear familylanders.
I just need ur opinion on this matter. My landlord killed a Cow yesterday and brought some of the meat (like 5k worth) to my husband and I, telling us that his niece would be getting married so the cow was for the party. We accepted it because we didn't know how to reject it. But my husband later told me to let him know if I didn't want it. I started thinking. Our landlord is a pagan who treats people with herbal medicine. He doesn't even like it when his wife and kids go to church (one of his kids told me so). So I don't trust him. Later that night his househelp brought some of the meat for our next door neighbour. When she was leaving I asked her how they were preparing for the party, she said "no oo, no party o". I was shocked! The man lied. I later saw his little daughter and jokingly asked how she was preparing to dance at the wedding, she said "which wedding? No party oo, daddy just killed the cow". That got me thinking. Long story short, my husband gave the meat to a security man at his place of work. So what do you think? Would you have eaten it? Did I do the right thing or nah?
Mark 2:17, luke 5:31.
Same thing some christian do to muslims during their "Ileya" festival.
May God help christians.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by UpgradingUrself: 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
HMMM
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Tallesty1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
If your faith is weak then don't eat it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by delishpot: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
Choiii una don chop kumnomi oooo!

OP, biko dont eat o.
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by VickJames(m): 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
Why did ur husband give the meat to another human?

So the security man deserves whatever hidden agenda your landlord has ba?

If you don't think a particular is fit for your consumption, don't give it to another human because he is lower than you in status.

A pig or a dog would've been the best bet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
I would hv thrown d meat away since I found out dat he lied,also ur husband should hv discarded the meat than giving it out 2 someone else 2 eat.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Tashaamania(f): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Anything I dont know about will never harm me, so with a clean and open mind, I'll accept the meat and eat it..
but just to be double sure and since am a christian and like i always do before every meal, I'll definitely pray before I eat it..L'otan cheesy

but errr, the part where you gave the security man was wrong. You should have just returned it to the landlord, I do not suppport discarding especially when they are gifts. Its either you receive them WHOLEHEARTEDLY or you reject them politely..

5 Likes

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Tashaamania(f): 11:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
VickJames:

If you don't think a particular is fit for your consumption, don't give it to another human because he is lower than you in status.

And a pig or dog because they are not living too?

Seriously, if there was any motive behind the whole thing, it wouldnt affect the security guy, why? Because he accepted it with a clean mind and better still, didnt know the real source..which bores down to the saying "whatever you dont know, wouldnt harm you"

The person here to be worried about is OP and her family, that is if theres anything to be worried about though of which I believe theres nothing.

Most of this fetish people look out for those who look out for them and as far as you got nothing on them, they've got no business harming you..

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by KanwuliaJara: 1:50am On Mar 13, 2015
The meat wey you dey buy for market nko?
Nor be pagan dey sell SUYA? grin

5 Likes

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by aniffy4eva(m): 5:30am On Mar 13, 2015
I will be angry ONLY if he doesn't add soft drink to push the meat down. grin cheesy
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by VickJames(m): 7:17am On Mar 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

And a pig or dog because they are not living too?

Seriously, if there was any motive behind the whole thing, it wouldnt affect the security guy, why? Because he accepted it with a clean mind and better still, didnt know the real source..which bores down to the saying "whatever you dont know, wouldnt harm you"

The person here to be worried about is OP and her family, that is if theres anything to be worried about though of which I believe theres nothing.

Most of this fetish people look out for those who look out for them and as far as you got nothing on them, they've got no business harming you..
Please, it doesn't matter. A living soul is better than a million cows. There are some things happening in families that they don't know the genesis of their problem neither do they know who is did it to them.
A man drop 50naira on the ground and someone picked it and turned to chicken. Did the ritualist know the person before? Nope. So we need to be careful how we give people things, it might destroy someone's life.

Just saying

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by freecocoa(f): 7:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Why would you give something you didn't want to eat because you feel there's a motive behind it, to someone else? That's even more evil than whatever the landlord had planned.

I would have eaten the meat and nothing will happen, next time, if you don't want something, tell the person straight up that you don't want it.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by skylarr: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
You should have politely rejected it in the first place instead of all this drama of giving it out to someone else . Not cool
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
considering the present economic circumstances facing the country.. i will collect Ebola meat sef.. any meat.. who knows when the next meat will be coming from.. ghana perhaps?
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
skylarr:
You should have politely rejected it in the first place instead of all this drama of giving it out to someone else . Not cool
unless u are a butcher who come across meat everyday, how can u reject rare gift like meat politely?

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Why would you give something you didn't want to eat because you feel there's a motive behind it, to someone else? That's even more evil than whatever the landlord had planned.

I would have eaten the meat and nothing will happen, next time, if you don't want something, tell the person straight up that you don't want it.

if u are not a butcher who come across meat everyday, how can u politely reject such rare gift as meat?
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
VickJames:

did u even ask urself whether he explained to the man how he got the meat? Who will just give u meat without telling u why? Of course he told security man and he didn't care that was why he accepted!

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by VickJames(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
floragregs:
did u even ask urself whether he explained to the man how he got the meat? Who will just give u meat without telling u why? Of course he told security man and he didn't care that was why he accepted!

No further comments
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by EfemenaXY: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
floragregs:
Dear familylanders.
I just need ur opinion on this matter. My landlord killed a Cow yesterday and brought some of the meat (like 5k worth) to my husband and I, telling us that his niece would be getting married so the cow was for the party. We accepted it because we didn't know how to reject it. But my husband later told me to let him know if I didn't want it. I started thinking. Our landlord is a pagan who treats people with herbal medicine. He doesn't even like it when his wife and kids go to church (one of his kids told me so). So I don't trust him. Later that night his househelp brought some of the meat for our next door neighbour. When she was leaving I asked her how they were preparing for the party, she said "no oo, no party o". I was shocked! The man lied. I later saw his little daughter and jokingly asked how she was preparing to dance at the wedding, she said "which wedding? No party oo, daddy just killed the cow". That got me thinking. Long story short, my husband gave the meat to a security man at his place of work. So what do you think? Would you have eaten it? Did I do the right thing or nah? Please note that he said he told the security man how he got the meat (of course, nobody goes around sharing meat without a reason) and the man didn't seem to care. He accepted it with joy!

Er...why didn't you ask him straight out about his "true intentions" behind giving you the gift? Rather than second guess his reasons and passing it off to someone else in the hope that if it's poisonous, then the receiver would get hit, rather than you and your hubby?

Anyway, my take on this is that you lot weren't hungry. If you were, you wouldn't think and act the way you did.

Superstitious Nigerians! Smh...

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Er...why didn't you ask him straight out about his "true intentions" behind giving you the gift? Rather than second guess his reasons and passing it off to someone else in the hope that if it's poisonous, then the receiver would get hit, rather than you and your hubby?

Anyway, my take on this is that you lot weren't hungry. If you were, you wouldn't think and act the way you did.

Superstitious Nigerians! Smh...
did u read it at all? I don't think u did oooo. Especially the part whr he said it was for a party! We didn't eat it because he lied!
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by EfemenaXY: 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
floragregs:
did u read it at all? I don't think u did oooo. Especially the part whr he said it was for a party! We didn't eat it because he lied!

Yes, I read it all.

But rather than involving innocent parties, the mature thing to do would have be to confront him so he could clarify things for you lot. Rather than asking a child / others.

Personally, I think it's no big deal and you lot were making a mountain at of a mole-hill. Nothing more than a storm in a teacup.
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yes, I read it all.

But rather than involving innocent parties, the mature thing to do would have be to confront him so he could clarify things for you lot. Rather than asking a child / others.

Personally, I think it's no big deal and you lot were making a mountain at of a mole-hill. Nothing more than a storm in a teacup.
you didn't have to say it like that. U sounded too rude. Confront my landlord who is about 70 something years old? He gave other people in the compound too! We just couldn't eat it.
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by EfemenaXY: 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
floragregs:
you didn't have to say it like that. U sounded too rude. Confront my landlord who is about 70 something years old? He gave other people in the compound too! We just couldn't eat it.

What's rude about what I said?

Anyway, you've got to admit that your actions passing his gift to someone else was rude. I think the old man was just being communal / acting as part of the community. Old school, yes. But I see nothing wrong with his intentions.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by floragregs(f): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What's rude about what I said?

Anyway, you've got to admit that your actions passing his gift to someone else was rude. I think the old man was just being communal / acting as part of the community. Old school, yes. But I see nothing wrong with his intentions.
ok, that's ur opinion!
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Ewuro4: 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
I went to slaughter house to buy meat and saw some akata discarding all the intestines ... What did Ewuro do? Asked them if I could pack the lamb lungs and liver with my own grin

They could've been cow/iron worshipper for all I care.

OP you did well, I would've lambasted you had you disposed the meat in trash.

Your life .. Your choice.

1 Like

Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tashaamania:
Anything I dont know about will never harm me, so with a clean and open mind, I'll accept the meat and eat it..
but just to be double sure and since am a christian and like i always do before every meal, I'll definitely pray before I eat it..L'otan cheesy

but errr, the part where you gave the security man was wrong. You should have just returned it to the landlord, I do not suppport discarding especially when they are gifts. Its either you receive them WHOLEHEARTEDLY or you reject them politely..
I pity ur apetite. its better not 2 eat oooo. U ought 2 have thrown it away ok. Who knows whether its 4 glory collection. U better leave dat house asap because u never know what was used 2 do d foundation @ op.
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by AreaFada2: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Did sopana or ogun create any cow? CAPITAL no.

Why should I be afraid to tuck in?

As long as it's not laced with poison and not somehow contaminated, no sweat. grin cheesy

Our ancestors ate all these food and they survived. Even thrived.
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by EfemenaXY: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
Superstitious Nigerians.

I would accept it even more, knowing he's pagan. Now where is Bennyrazz, the apprentice juju man? cheesy
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by bennyrazz: 8:22am On Dec 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Superstitious Nigerians.

I would accept it even more, knowing he's pagan. Now where is Bennyrazz, the apprentice juju man? cheesy
smh
Re: Can You Accept Meat From Your Pagan Landlord? by Chidoks(f): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2015
I don't think you should give out questionable foodstuffs or any other gift items. Your husband only exploited the gateman's disadvantage. If that meat was meant to kill and the gateman dies afterwards,who do you think is responsible for his death? There's something called Dustin...
Why are you guys still living in his house when you don't trust him?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

When The School Principal Is Fed Up With Exam Malpractices(photo) / PHOTO- To The Married, Whats Your Take On This / Dealing With Sex In Marriage After Having A Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.