Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians (39671 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / What Happened To Samuel Eto'o After Honouring Yobo Will Shock you / Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by gbagaunfreak(m): 11:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o tried to buy watch in west London jewellers but was refused because 'some Nigerians came in the other day with fake credit cards'

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o today claimed he was the victim of racism when he went shopping in a west London jewellers.

The 34-year-old from Cameroon, who now plays for Italian club Sampdoria, said he was targeted after trying to buy a £10,000 watch.

Eto’o — once the world’s highest-paid player on £350,000 a week — had gone into the store with his brother, but said he was viewed suspiciously by the shop assistant: “I went to go buy a watch at a jewellers, not too far from my house. The watch I wanted to see was expensive. I asked the saleswoman — who was also black — ‘Could you show me that watch please?’

“First, I saw her turn to her co-workers like, ‘Uh, what should I do?’ Eventually, she let me see the watch. I looked at it and said, ‘OK, I’ll buy it.’ I took out my credit card and when she went to go run it through the machine, she came back and said it was declined.”
The striker — the seventh-richest footballer currently playing, with an estimated £62 million fortune — said he asked her: “Was it declined or did you not want it to be accepted?”

He told CNN: “My brother asked, ‘What’s going on?’ And she said, ‘Nothing, nothing.’ But he said, ‘No, because when I came in, I saw how all of you were looking at us ... My brother can afford this and the way you’re treating him shows that you think just because he’s black, he can’t afford this watch.’

“The woman then slipped up and said, ‘No, it’s just that we had some Nigerians in the store the other day who came in with fake credit cards.’

“I don’t know if you can imagine the weight of what she said. If one of my own makes a mistake, they judge us all. I don’t think she’s a racist person, but she stereotyped all black people as ‘those people’.”

At Kensington Palace this week, Eto’o, who joined Chelsea for a year in 2013, was presented with the European Medal of Tolerance for his anti-racism work. He said that footage of Chelsea fans stopping a black man boarding a Paris Metro train last month had “shocked” him.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/chelsea-striker-samuel-etoo-jewellers-tried-to-buy-watch-west-london-racism-10103209.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by knightsTempler: 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
What?

32 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Mimienudles(f): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Wasn't necessary
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
Would u blame the lady? I wouldn't! Even if it were chinese guys who came with the fake cards and then a japanese comes days after(u can't tell the diff btw a chinese and a japanese),I will react the same way the lady did.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by enoqueen: 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
must you tell us.

2 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by menix(m): 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
SHOOOOO!!!!!
I luv 9ja...
We no fit carry last even if nah cripple..
Since oyibo no want blacks as developed countries, we ve decided to develope d crime dey taught us..
Call us developed criminals, i will always b a 9ja even in heaven i will create 9ja association of wise christain fellowship...

Full blooded Nwa 9ja...

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by chaberry(m): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
So the saleswoman don't know who Eto is? I believe it all boils down to rascism

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by gbagaunfreak(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Cc @lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by kayslimshady(m): 12:08am On Mar 13, 2015
almostFamous:
Would u blame the lady? I wouldn't! Even if it were chinese guys who came with the fake cards and then a japanese comes days after(u can't tell the diff btw a chinese and a japanese),I will react the same way the lady did.

I hope you get punished for the sin of your siblings. Exactly how it feels.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by freshness2020: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2015
...dem bad breeds spoiling and soiling the name NAIJA... NOT NICE sad sad

4 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 13, 2015
why be say na only this Eto'o thus kind thing det happen to? undecided Two years ago, he waa denied the chance to buy a wristwatch as well in Paris because the store attendant mistook him for a criminal. I smell something fishy somewhere.

Friedplantain

18 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by ItsAnderson: 12:23am On Mar 13, 2015
You deserve it

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by veave(f): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2015
Poor boy! Pele...
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Jostico: 12:25am On Mar 13, 2015
nigerians just dey spoil their papa name dey waka

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by lifestyle1(m): 12:25am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Jostico: 12:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Mimienudles:
Wasn't necessary

so you never sleep
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Here we go again,same ol bullshit each and everyday
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Mrphilia: 12:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Now this is so funny I forgot to laugh.
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Jostico: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2015
almostFamous:

farabale

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by SomebodyLovesMe: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2015
We need a government that punishes criminals disgracing this country at home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by coded01: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2015
shocked shocked grin grin

Naija I hail oh... grin grin

I suspect some London fans... grin

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by 9icey(m): 12:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Lol,but wait o,nobody is thinking if his credit card actually got declined
Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by eddyslim(m): 12:28am On Mar 13, 2015
The sales girl no try at all... So she wan tell us say she no sabi Etoo

1 Like

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by deebreeze(m): 12:29am On Mar 13, 2015
That is terrible, they should stop calling politicians thieves. Average Nigerian citizen is pain in the ass

4 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by edufreshy(m): 12:29am On Mar 13, 2015
unbelievable. ...

7 Likes

Re: UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians by Jostico: 12:31am On Mar 13, 2015
londongal02:
zoological republic baboons and monkies .......I can't wait i need BIAFRA .

omor you cute ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Mobbed By Juventus Fans During Friendly (Photos) / Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos / Asisat Oshoala Pictured With The Liverpool Men Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.