Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use (34052 Views)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by seunfly: 2:17am On Mar 13, 2015
Reigning African queen of the track, Blessing Okagbare has denounced the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for President Goodluck Jonathan who is also the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, without seeking her consent.

An advertorial by GoodHouse Nigeria tagged GEJ Okagbare, which she said had been running on various electronic media in Nigeria and also on Youtube, the athlete said it was wrong for anyone to use her image or footage for a presidential campaign without seeking her approval. The PUNCH verified one of such videos on YouTube which expressively had the Commonwealth Games gold medallist in action. The video details achievements made by the government especially around the Nigerian railway system.

Okagbare who confirmed her displeasure over the development via Twitter from her base in Los Angeles, USA, on Thursday said that her attention was drawn to the advertorial by friends and relatives in Nigeria about two months ago

She said, “I just wanted to be patient at first, but my agent is not happy because he thinks I am a woman and very far from home too.

“Someone out there is using my image, footage and everything I have worked for to make money through advert and campaign without seeking my approval. If an advert is being made with my footage and I am not aware of it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy.”

Okagbare was quoted two years ago during the All Nigerian Open Championship in Calabar lamenting that the Federal Government of Nigeria was not doing enough to support her athletics career saying that the only support she got was from Delta State government.

Okagbare added in statement sent by her agent to The PUNCH, “Now, I am here struggling on my own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and others to make sure I am in good shape for the All African Games and the IAAF World Championship in Beijing, China, later in the year, and some people back home are using my image and footage for presidential campaign advertorial without seeking for my approval.

“This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people (GoodHouse Nigeria) and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?”

The star athlete told our correspondent that she was condemning the act because those involved were not doing the right thing whether for sports or business.

“It is not about financial support. It is about me and what I represent,” she said.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/okagbare-slams-jonathans-campaign-group-over-image-use/

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by seunfly: 2:19am On Mar 13, 2015
See as some people want to take credit for what they did not do.

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Well, that one of the GEJ's support group used it doesn't mean GEJ did. Support Groups are independent of GEJ's Presidential Campaign. She should settle with the said people.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by GboyegaD(m): 2:43am On Mar 13, 2015
Why would they use her picture without consulting her for her approval. I love her reaction.

67 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by StealthyMe(m): 2:56am On Mar 13, 2015
I was suprised also when Okagbare's achievements were listed as one of Jonathan's minute several
Because i know how athletes complain and struggle to be financed by the Govt in preparation for competitions undecided
Only for them to take the glory when it comes out well :-(
There is God!

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by aresa: 3:11am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Well, that one of the GEJ's support group used it doesn't mean GEJ did. Support Groups are independent of GEJ's Presidential Campaign. She should settle with the said people.

Does it matter who did or who didn't do it? Fact remains that Nigerians don't want to be associated with the crooked, corrupt and incompetent national shame and embarrassment called Goodluck abi badluck jonathan..

291 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

Does it matter who did or who didn't do it? Fact remains that Nigerians don't want to be associated with the crooked, corrupt and incompetent national shame and embarrassment called Goodluck abi badluck jonathan..
e be like you no read the same article wey I read. Blessing never said she doesn't want to associate with the most able President Ebele Jonathan. She said she expected the Support group to get her permission first. In other words, she wants negotiation.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Ilekeh(f): 3:23am On Mar 13, 2015
That's why I dislike the "GEJ till 2019" crew on threads appreciating a Nigerian's or a Nigerian institution's success.

What has GEJ got to do with it? GEJ was nowhere to be found when these people were struggling.

Stop taking credit for another man's sweat. It's disrespectful.

80 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Ilekeh(f): 3:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Anyways, she's indirectly asking GEJ to pass some money her too, like he did the other shameless nollywood celebs.

This is the season of taking pictures with new Lamborghinis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by aresa: 3:39am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
e be like you no read the same article wey I read. Blessing never said she doesn't want to associate with the most able President Ebele Jonathan. She said she expected the Support group to get her permission first. In other words, she wants negotiation.

it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy

Okagbare was quoted two years ago during the All Nigerian Open Championship in Calabar lamenting that the Federal Government of Nigeria was not doing enough to support her athletics career saying that the only support she got was from Delta State government.

Okagbare added in statement sent by her agent to The PUNCH, “Now, I am here struggling on my own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and others to make sure I am in good shape for the All African Games and the IAAF World Championship in Beijing, China, later in the year, and some people back home are using my image and footage for presidential campaign advertorial without seeking for my approval.

This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people (GoodHouse Nigeria) and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?

The star athlete told our correspondent that she was condemning the act because those involved were not doing the right thing whether for sports or business.

“It is not about financial support. It is about me and what I represent,” she said.

To start with, she not only lambasted your crooked and fraudulent president, she used the strongest terms to show her displeasure by calling your president a lair, a fraud, a selfish and disrespectful man and lastly she said this is about her image and what she represent, meaning what she represent shouldn't be associated with your worthless, corrupt, fraudulent and incompetent president...

You don't openly lambaste the president of Nigeria using the strongest and harshest terms while trying to negotiate... She is obviously not interested in any negotiation, she's openly lambasting your president for his crooked, deceptive, shameful, disrespectful and fraudulent ways which is very synonymous with your crooked president...conduct..

I'm 100% sure you are only working for your brown envelop, but that doesn't mean you should turn yourself into a brainless zombie..

She's not talking about negotiation, I know you know how to read and comprehend and I'm not one of your clueless TanNoid followers you spin around with your shallow and empty talk so don't come at me with that lame talk.

234 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by iPopAlomo(m): 3:51am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista... over to you...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

[s]To start with, she not only lambasted your crooked and fraudulent president, she used the strongest terms to show her displeasure by calling your president a lair, a fraud, a selfish and disrespectful man and lastly she said this is about her image and what she represent, meaning what she represent shouldn't be associated with your worthless, corrupt, fraudulent and incompetent president...

You don't openly lambaste the president of Nigeria using the strongest and harshest terms while trying to negotiate... She is obviously not interested in any negotiation, she's openly lambasting your president for his crooked, deceptive, shameful, disrespectful and fraudulent which is very synonymous with your crooked president...conduct..

I'm 100% sure you are only working for your brown envelop, but that doesn't mean should.

She's not talking about negotiation, I know you know how to read and comprehend and I'm not one of your clueless and TanNoid followers you spin around with your shallow and empty talk so don't come at me with that lame talk.[/s]

“Someone out there is using my image, footage and everything I have worked for to make money through advert and campaign [size=18pt]without seeking my approval.[/size] If an advert is being made with my footage and I am not aware of it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy.
That is the koko... She is refering to the Support Group and not GEJ's Campaign.

“This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people [size=18pt](GoodHouse Nigeria)[/size] and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?”

BTW: I am not paid

23 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by aresa: 3:59am On Mar 13, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
That is the koko... She is refering to the Support Group and not GEJ's Campaign.

BTW: I am not paid
[/s]

You've gyrated from negotiation to support group. Who is the support group representing and they engaged in fraudulent acts on behalf of who exactly?

You really have to be paid to flush your brain down inside toilet and replace it with cluelessness, zombie mentality and unintelligent ramblings..

Btw, didn't Shagari lambasted your fraudulent president same way for using his name to promote fraudulent endorsement the family never gave?

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You've gyrated from negotiation to support group. Who is the support group representing and they engaged in fraudulent acts on behalf of who exactly?

You really have to be paid to flush your brain down inside toilet and replace it with ceaselessness, zombie mentality and unintelligent ramblings..

Btw, didn't Shagari lambasted your fraudulent president say way for using his name
Uncle, I have always insisted that the people Okagbare blasted wasn't GEJ Campaign but one of the numerous Support Groups. If you must know, support groups though work for the success of a particular candidate, they do their things independently. Nobody can do fraudulent thing on behalf of a person UNLESS the person commissions it. The ONLY Group that can officially speak for GEJ's Campaign is GEJ Presidential Campaign Organisation. As for Shagari, that is a subject for another day.

12 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by jeffizy(m): 4:08am On Mar 13, 2015
“Someone out there is using my image, footage and everything I have worked for to make money through advert and campaign without seeking my approval. If an advert is being made with my footage and I am not aware of it, it shows how some of my countrymen back home can be so selfish, disrespecting and have no regard for people’s privacy.”

Track Queen, pls stay calm, they should still have something left from their 21 billion NGN .

7 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by aresa: 4:16am On Mar 13, 2015
[s]
barcanista:
Uncle, I have always insisted that the people Okagbare blasted wasn't GEJ Campaign but one of the numerous Support Groups. If you must know, support groups though work for the success of a particular candidate, they do their things independently. Nobody can do fraudulent thing on behalf of a person UNLESS the person commissions it. The ONLY Group that can officially speak for GEJ's Campaign is GEJ Presidential Campaign Organisation. As for Shagari, that is a subject for another day.
[/s]

Not interested in your meaningless talk, I don't see or hear GEJ renouncing their fraudulent activities or disassociating himself from them. Like they say, silence is collusion.

Why is Shagari's case for another day? Nigerians don't want to be associated with the shame and embarrassment called GEJ.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 13, 2015
Okagbare pays her coach, doctor and Nutritionist? ??

Nawah for this
country

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Mynd44: 4:40am On Mar 13, 2015
chidyhels:
Okagbare pays her coach, doctor and Nutritionist? ??

Nawah for this
country
We keep making clueless crooks ministers na.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by theV0ice: 4:56am On Mar 13, 2015
I hope the Jonathan campaign organization spokesman (FFK) gets to condemn this fraudulent use of a citizen's image for their selfish purposes? otherwise it'll be clear to all that it was done with gej's active concurrence and he'll share in all the adjectives Okagbare utilized in describing the support group.

That advert has been running for a long time and they can't claim ignorance of it.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
why didnt they negotiate with her before using her pics? They want to reap where they didnt sow!! U didnt support her career but want to use her achievement,only thieves and self centered people Does that!! Even if gej was not directly the one using it,do u want to tell me he hasnt seen it? Alot of sport people are lamenting because the govt is not supporting them but when they perform well,the govt hasten to associate with them.i spit on this administration,theyve failed in all aspect...i know what am saying

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by ziccoit: 5:40am On Mar 13, 2015
I knew from the first day I saw the advert that the girl wouldn't like what those crooks have been doing with her hard earned name. I heard one fellow telling us GEJ has nothing to do with his support group. What a lie! The support groups are recognized and must have been funded by whom they are supporting.

The celebrity that really break my heart is that Mercy Johnson. She shouldn't have allowed herself to be used in such a reckless manner. Yes, she could give support to GEJ but in a coded way. I have never said anything about her advert in support of GEJ untill my wife retorted yesterday " I now hate this gal". Surprised, I asked why that from somebody who didn't have interest in politics. She said " how can you be defending indefensible ". Then I knew GEJ case is complicated.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:

is that what matters?

or we are talking about how some failed individual is claiming victory for what he knows nothing about.

how did he support Blessing during any of the competition? you and I know all the various GEJ 'support' groups is funded by the drunk himself!!

or has cluelessness infected you so soon?

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Vicotex(m): 5:50am On Mar 13, 2015
Ilekeh:
That's why I dislike the "GEJ till 2019" crew on threads appreciating a Nigerian's or a Nigerian institution's success.

What has GEJ got to do with it? GEJ was nowhere to be found when these people were struggling.

Stop taking credit for another man's sweat. It's disrespectful.
buhari dey there wen dem dey struggle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by kramer: 6:18am On Mar 13, 2015
[size=14pt]In other words she wants her share of the national meat pie[/size] grin

5 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by henryangelo: 6:22am On Mar 13, 2015
This APC supporters are quick in condemning others, is this act worst than what Buhari supporters did in 2011 when he lost the election, I cannot support a man whose supporters are full of blood suckers,imagine what their master will look like

GEJ is freedom
GMB is slavery

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by dhardline(m): 6:28am On Mar 13, 2015
My dear keep calm.As long as Delta state government did something for you then you should also know that its the fg that did that for you.Fg helps thru state governments too,at least fg pays alocations to states.

4 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by nanauju(f): 6:29am On Mar 13, 2015
Right now, this country is almost governmentless. Why does she have to pay her coach, doctor and so on all by herslef? She's right for standing up for herself

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by amakaobiemeka: 6:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Since barcanista joined the 21billion gang, he lost common sense, see lame explanations. What blessing said earlier was that the fg was not helping althets. Now she confirms by indirectly saying she personally pays are nutritionist, doctor etc which frm her body language shows she isnt happy with as a fg should be doing that

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
This APC supporters are quick in condemning others, is this act worst than what Buhari supporters did in 2011 when he lost the election, I cannot support a man whose supporters are full of blood suckers,imagine what their master will look like

GEJ is freedom
GMB is slavery
liar
"Thousands of people have fled their homes in northern Nigeria after clashes following the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan. In some towns, residents slept in police stations for safety and the Red Cross says there have been significant numbers of casualties. President Jonathan appealed for an end to the violence and killing, while imposing a curfew. In a statement to journalists, the runner-up in the election, General Muhammadu Buhari, condemned the violence."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13126839

11 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by RockMaxi: 6:47am On Mar 13, 2015
shocked This is serious. Okagbare talks tough.

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 13, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Since barcanista joined the 21billion gang, he lost common sense, see lame explanations. What blessing said earlier was that the fg was not helping althets. Now she confirms by indirectly saying she personally pays are nutritionist, doctor etc which frm her body language shows she isnt happy with as a fg should be doing that
so sad! You can imagine?
I wish she can sue the hell out of those responsible for the useless advert. Using someone's image to promote a clueless government without her permission is the height of disrespect for the athlete.

Delta state government did their own part to sponsor Okagbare,what did the federal government do? Absolutely nothing!

The super falcons are yet to be compensated and hosted by the clueless dolt in Aso Rock and the girls are very bitter about it that their president couldn't appreciate their efforts in making Nigeria proud.
Jonathan prefers to dine with a failure like Joseph Yobo but he ignores the Super Falcons who have been making us proud consistently.

Change is imminent! Enough is enough!!

48 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tottenham Out Of Europa After UEFA Award Rennes Victory / Ronaldo Covers Ballon D'or Magazine, Reveals Retirement Plans / Photo Of Mikel Obi's Twin Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.