Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,934 members, 7,803,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians (25136 Views)

Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians, Awujale Tells Jonathan / Blessing Of Jonathan: Obas Goes Controversy / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Napoleone(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Kabiyesi Sir, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode in Lagos.
Mr. Man! Are you so much of a failure in literature or the use of literary devices?

4 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Napoleone(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2015
kcprince:
The truth is that if these Obas are sure of a candidate's victory they will support him. Maybe they have consulted their oracle and it says GEJ won't win hence the reason for his speech
Don't mind the guy. He has been blinded to the fact that the Oba is diplomatically saying "we are not supporting you".

3 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mynd44:

LMAO....you don't know so don't argue this. It is weird that people have no idea what's happening before the type. Oba Akinolu's issue with Koro has started since Koro was a Chairman in the AD.

Obanikoro was not always an adversary of Tinubu dude (You really don't know much of Lagos politics) in fact he used to be Tinubu's boy which seems to be why he keeps getting ruffled by Tinubu. He just wanted more than the Party was willing to give so he left. Remember he was a senator in the AD? How was he an adversary then?

Amusing how Obanikoro the person alleged to have started a fire in his office which led to the burning of city hall (A story Bode George brought up in January so this ain't beer parlour gossip) is not the PDP's point man in Lagos.

But Tinubu did not contest in the 2007 elections did he? He was an outgoing governor, Fashola was the party's candidate who was duly elected at the primary unlike Obanikoro who rigged his way in. Hilda Williams won the Primary, she was declared the winner only for the PDP national headquarters to announce that Obanikoro wil be their candidate.

I doubt you will remember and acknowledge that the PDP in Lagos has been synonynous with fraud and electoral malpractice. The evidence is even in the last PDP primary.

I just sit back and LMAO when folks say they know and understand Lagos politics when they don't know where ot starts.
Bro,no follow that barcanista argue jare. The guy knows nothing. He will only drag 2wards his part of clueless just lyk his oga @ d top(ebele).

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Beedude(m): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mynd44:

LMAO....you don't know so don't argue this. It is weird that people have no idea what's happening before the type. Oba Akinolu's issue with Koro has started since Koro was a Chairman in the AD.

Obanikoro was not always an adversary of Tinubu dude (You really don't know much of Lagos politics) in fact he used to be Tinubu's boy which seems to be why he keeps getting ruffled by Tinubu. He just wanted more than the Party was willing to give so he left. Remember he was a senator in the AD? How was he an adversary then?

Amusing how Obanikoro the person alleged to have started a fire in his office which led to the burning of city hall (A story Bode George brought up in January so this ain't beer parlour gossip) is not the PDP's point man in Lagos.

But Tinubu did not contest in the 2007 elections did he? He was an outgoing governor, Fashola was the party's candidate who was duly elected at the primary unlike Obanikoro who rigged his way in. Hilda Williams won the Primary, she was declared the winner only for the PDP national headquarters to announce that Obanikoro wil be their candidate.

I doubt you will remember and acknowledge that the PDP in Lagos has been synonynous with fraud and electoral malpractice. The evidence is even in the last PDP primary.

I just sit back and LMAO when folks say they know and understand Lagos politics when they don't know where ot starts.

Barcanista tot Tinubu attempted 3rd term .. 1999 to 2007. Nd still contesting ?
Get your fact right man tongue

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by itetemi: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Oga, please get your FACT right!
1. Obanikoro was Chairman of Lagos Island Local Government, from March 1997 to July, 1998. He waon under NRC.

2. Obanikoro became Commissioner of Home Affairs between 1999-2003

3. Obanikoro was then Senator and the rest is story.

4. Obanikoro defected to PDP in Oct, 2004

5. The AC primaries in lagos was a farce. Your mom should be honest with you.

6. Ambode will lose woefully.

I reastate that Koro was an ally/associate with Tinubu and NOT boy

joker
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by datribune: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
jessymore70:
Our country has rarely faced more uncertainty. This is the time for greatness. We have a great leader (goodluck jonanathan). We must be a great people backing him, fighting for him, sacrificing for a cause greater than ourselves.

We fought 4 him, backed him & sacrificed 4 him but when he had d chance to do d same 4 us, he did not. GEJ only has himself to blame 4 squandering d unprecedented goodwill he had frm all across Nigeria on d alter of rabid corruption.
Nigerians shall reject GEJ, NOI, d PDP & their cabal of govt sponsors who continue to strip our nation of its assets & share our national patrimony among themselves in deals dat reek of corruption & infamy.
He didn't giv a damn about us as d cabal of govt sponsors & cronies got richer while d masses of nigerians got poorer. Come march 28th, we won't giv a damn as we vote out his inept presidency. #IHaveDecided

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by 2mochbigben(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
Don't distort facts or history...Koro won the Chairmanship Election during Abacha's transition programme under the platform of GDM (Grassroot democratic movement). That was the era where we had the 5 party system in place. Koro's emergence as the Chairman of Lagos Island Local Government could be likened to the case of Sir Michael Otedola winning the Gubernatorial elections in 1993 due to the rift in SDP between Femi Agbalajobi and Chief Dapo Sarunmi. The major party then was UNDP and the party was split between Luqman Ajose and Jide Damazio, Koro only became Chairman due to the rift and intra party crisis in UNDP. Koro was used as a spoiler by Luqman Ajose because he lost the primaries to Jide Damazio.
Luqman Ajose subsequently emerged as the flag bearer for AD in 1999 and became the chairman of the Local government in 1999, though he was impeached later.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by IanDiamonds: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Kabiyesi Sir, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode in Lagos.

Now that I've sighted you.. I just thought to let you know that we miss you.. We miss your deceit and blackmail..
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Reski:
I would have loved to go into a detailed argument with you on why Agbaje cannot win Lagos. But as a silent follower of your post. Having read your most recent post's on this forum. Its seems to me that you have lost that rational and analytical perspective you alway's give to topics. Instead you come accros with opinion's based on prejudice and a determination to defend your new party.

That was harsh. Let us be frank with ourselves, it is very easy to knock PDP under GEJ.

If Barcanista has genuine reasons to feel betrayed by APC and defect to PDP, that is his prerogative even though I don't envy him.

I still respect him though for the energy and methodical precision with which he took PDP apart in the days of yore. He was an indefatigable e-warrior who had TANoids regularly for dinner!

Even right now, it would still be a miracle to undo the deadly blows he unleashed on PDP and GEJ's government.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Ilekeh(f): 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mynd44:

Lovely post.

I'd rather learn Nigerian politics from Yorubas, honestly. You guys are bright.

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by fineguy11(m): 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
You are distorting facts Sir.
1. Obanikoro and Tinubu only became party allies in 1998
2. In 1994, Tinubu was with SDP where he ran and won his Senate seat, Obanikoro was with NRC where his Party defeated the SDP in the Governorship election. He was even appointed by Governor Michael Otedola and was later made Deputy Chair of NRC. He was later elected Chairman of Lagos Island LG. All in NRC
3. I doubt you know Sen Tokunbo Afikuyomi. In 1998 it was Olu Falae and co that proposed Tinubu to run for Governor instead of Funso Williams to compensate him for his NADECO struggle. Tinubu was like any other person. Go read who helped Tinubu filled his form to INEC.
4. Bode George and Koro were adversary when Koro was in AD. They became more opponent when Koro moved to PDP in 2005. The battle was for the soul of PDP. Koro wants to be Governor, George wants his loyalist Hilda(after the death of Williams). Their main battle was for the soul of the Island. Again, you should read on George/Koro rivalry.
5. Obanikoro has never been a boy to Tinubu. Though kudos to Tinubu for appointing him Home Affairs Commissioner. Saying Koro is Tinubu boy is like saying Shekarau is GEJ's boy.
7. Fashola never won any "primary" in 2007. There was no primary. Tinubu only asked others to step down for his Chief of Staff. Fashola was nothing and is still nothing politically.
abeg dat guy knw pass u..only u just dey like ur post..

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by FemiFaniKayode: 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
fineguy11:
abeg dat guy knw pass u..only u just dey like ur post..

lol

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

That was harsh. Let us be frank with ourselves, it is very easy to knock PDP under GEJ.

If Barcanista has genuine reasons to feel betrayed by APC and defect to PDP, that is his prerogative even though I don't envy him.

I still respect him though for the energy and methodical precision with which he took PDP apart in the days of yore. He was an indefatigable e-warrior who had TANoids regularly for dinner!

Even right now, it would still be a miracle to undo the deadly blows he unleashed on PDP and GEJ's government.
So sad He left all his hardwork behind to join pdp's sinking ship.

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by philips70(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
I am a hustler on a day job because I said Agbaje will win Lagos?

You never believed this a while back so she is correct. You will throw all manner of tantrums at anybody that suggests this then. Or you were on a day job with APC? I maintain you have lost your steam, I beg you to deactivate and keep your integrity and composure. I know too well we are super strong when defending from a standpoint of strong conviction and belief. On the contrary, when on the grounds of compromise we sound and look lame.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by yemidada: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
God, who will win the Presidential position, Goodluck or Burhari? lipsrsealed Only you can tell...

Let the man that will work according to your will take position.... grin grin

First of its kind in Nigeria... open free website to sell your product without hidden charges
check out www.bigimi.com today. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
it is total free. easy to use.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by redcurry(f): 4:02am On Mar 14, 2015
philips70:

I read your posts , I see an FFK and I feel ashamed. Strong individuals with integrity don't make swifts like this without first decommissioning their earlier positions. How do you feel when you juxtapose these words with your previous takes on the subject matter? If I were you I will leave Nairaland totally or register another moniker to argue my new points. That's a man with integrity.

For your information you sounded more convincing and learned in your former self than your new found self.
l wish he heed to this advise by deactiviting,and then register with a new one.its so so boring reading posts by bacarnister this days.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Between Feb14th and March 14th, Jonathan has visited Yorubaland six times!

Lol....fire dey burn Jonathan! He has suddenly come to the cognition that those he marginalized are afterall the kingmakers of Nigeria and without their endorsement he stands no chance of victory.

First, the Obas in Egbaland told him to stop calling them to unecessary and unproductive meetings.

Second, the Muslim body in Yorubaland told him they dont need his bribe and its a waste of his time and theirs to invite them to a unproductive meeting.

Now Awujale has told him he is wasting his time paying visits to Obas in Ijebuland, and Yorubaland generally. Go and face the people with your accountability, dont bring your message to Obas, go tell it to the people you ruled for 6years.

There is two weeks to election....Jonathan is confused!

He should go to North, the Emirs might accept his message and help him in their domain.....make sure to take Patience Faka along to greet "troway shildren" along the streets.

He doesn't have to worry about Ezes in the East, they are already bought and in his pocket....there is no negotiation about whether or not they will deliver....their choice is already purchased!
seconded

When I saw a thread here on nairaland that says Yoruba kings are endorsing GEJ and also praying for him, I said this are not all Yoruba kings but osun kings, even oni of ife endorse Abacha for ambition to become a civilian president, I give credit to Ogbagba the 2nd Agbaotemo of Ijebu land.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by BERNIMOORE: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
How The Truth is revealing itself AFTER GEJ PEACEFULLY HANDED OVER, ONE WOULD THINK THAT OUR Own OBA WHO OPENLY SAID THAT OBAS DON'T CAMPAIGN For Who To Vote Has Been REVEALED TO HAVE CAMPAIGN FOR APC AND ENGAGED OBASANJO, As REVEALED By OBASANJO HIMSELF IN HIS LATEST UTTERANCE. Now Our YORUBA YOUTHS WHO FOLLOW THESE LEADERS SHOULD JUDGE BY THEMSELVES IF THESE LEADERS ARE HONEST AND DESERVE THEIR LOYALTY, Now They Have PULLED Down GEJ GOVERNMENT AND BROUGHT NIGERIANS INTO UNTOLD HARDSHIP BECAUSE OF THEIR SELFISH INTEREST. Now THEIR SECRET IS OOZING OUT TO THE PUBLIC, WHAT A SHAME

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP On Death Row, APC Gasping For Breath – Osinbajo / Kashamu’s EFCC Petition: Jobs And Investments In Sports Betting Industry At Risk / DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.