Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts (31525 Views)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Bitojoe(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
She no well ni.what's she doing that make her to get 3rd class.who care.hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. When she suppose to attend lectures, she's busy doing Aristo.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by haibe(m): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Vivly:
You mean she didn't know the grade she was to graduate with all these while? This post sounds like she woke up one morning to hear that she'll graduate with a 3rd class.
Tell us the full story

she probably might have been on a 2.2 before her last semester now. How do you think sef . Who says it is all over in 300level?
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by yusufbida(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
adeyiga3:
When u shud ve been readn u were busy flauntn ur boobs and ass shaggn the suga papi. Anyways killn ursef is not d end at least Bill Gate was a sch dropout na but u still graduated
You lack nairalander Advice.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Johnnoo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
My friend has tried taking her own life since she graduated,after all d hard work and avoiding fun she ends up with a third class degree, she hasn't being able to tell her family her result because of the shame and reproach. With low self esteem, she is considering seeking admission to start over again or do a PGD. She despirately needs ur advise...

She should perform a root-cause analysis of the problem; assimilation frequency, best reading time, etc. When this is done, she can now position for the next line of action. Suicide isn't an option.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by haibe(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bitojoe:
She no well ni.what's she doing that make her to get 3rd class.who care.hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. When she suppose to attend lectures, she's busy doing Aristo.

You are so foolishh.. why don't you people bother to read posts before commenting? If you can't read such a simple post, how did you read in school? Am sure you finished with a PASS

5 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by yusufbida(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bitojoe:
Noba 2
You also lack nairalander Advice.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=Burger01 post=31581311]Third class degree and she wan commit suicide. If na pass degree nko? I know some people with that grade of degree that are doing well with well paying jobs. A friend of mine with 3rd class is a property business owner. Say no to suicide. She should move on.[/quote
If she really wanted to commit suicide she would have done that a long time,she's only looking for sympathy.Let her be quick and end her controversy. Nobody cares.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Vivly(f): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
haibe:

she probably might have been on a 2.2 before her last semester now. How do you think sef . Who says it is all over in 300level?
Probably..... Life is more than certificates.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
My friend has tried taking her own life since she graduated,after all d hard work and avoiding fun she ends up with a third class degree, she hasn't being able to tell her family her result because of the shame and reproach. With low self esteem, she is considering seeking admission to start over again or do a PGD. She despirately needs ur advise...

My colleague graduated with a 3rd. Class. He is a senior VP and drives an LR4 as his 2nd Official car. No be degree na connection

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by jiggar(m): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
iamtheprincipal:

She doesn't need to waste her precious life. More so, the life she has the privilege of living out isn't hers, it belongs to GOD and as such, make her understand just that.
She can commence a PGD but this time with a firm decision to make amends academically before proceeding for a masters programme.
Remind her also that successful men like Prof. Wole Soyinka made a 3rd Class. It's not about the '3rd' in the 'class' but the resolute determination to make it in life that counts.
Nice advice @iamtheprincipal, but on the issue of wole soyinka, he graduated with a 2:1. He confirmed that sometime last year, when he was addressing some school children.
And to the girl that graduated with a 3rd class, if it's possible apply for another program, and more importantly, know the particular subjects you are good at, so that you don't follow others into a particular field of study, because it looks lucrative in the future. Although, with God, nothing is impossible, but then it doesn't mean we should not strive to be the best in everything we do in life.
Please dear, don't take your life, the agony your parents will go through over your death, will be too unbearable for them. And, worse still, it could make them loose their own life because of you negative and dangerous decision. I know it's not going to be an easy task telling them, but, just pray to God and ask Him for courage and wisdom, and then pass the message to them.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by haibe(m): 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Vivly:
Probably..... Life is more than certificates.
yea
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by buJu234: 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
one of my business friends made a statement...

THE A & B grades IN SCHOOL MOST TIMES WORK FOR THE E & F grades
WHOM OWN COMPANIES/ESTABLISHMENTS THAT ARE MANAGED BY THE C & D grades..

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Sorry to say but she is fish brained!!!! i graduated with a third class and have been working in different multinationals for the last decade!! i have no masters nor do i have a professional cert!!!! Its the Lord that give on a good job coupled with a steel will to succeed!!!

My best buddie graduated with a pass(thats lower than a third class) he has been working for a multi national too and earns very well too!!!

NEITHER of us knows anyone nor are we deep spiritual fasting for 90 days men!! we are both simple, video game loving, creative guys.

Thats the thing she has to learn to be creative and think outside the box..

TELL HER TO GIVE ME A CALL MAYBE I COULD GIVE HER A TALKING TOO.. WHICH SCHOOL DID SHE FINISH FROM AND WHAT COURSE DID SHE STUDY?

5 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by heatmeup(f): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
she studied chemistry
i know a Prof. of chemistry who graduated with third class infact she is the first female professor in d department at that school, if you doubt me ask of Prof. ogunlade mrs at university of ado ekiti chemistry department

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by nuras: 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Is not wot u graduate wit or wot u red determine yo life in nigeria,is just d matter of of who u kno at d top. grin
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by bayumyguy: 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Some people are even looking forward to gain admission into university and they don,t ve the opportunity,is not all about grade pls take it easy and be focus,dangote dropout and see him today,I ve like four of my friends with third class meen they are doing well seriously even more people dat has first class self,if u are carrer person go for ur PGD after that procced for ur master,education is like a back up.so it easy and move on,meanwhile there are some school if u graduate from dere inrespective of any grade.university of ibadan,unilag,unilorin,OAU some others sch like dat,u donn try ooo,take heart and move on.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by kunle75(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:

Thats not the end of road,my wife finished with a 3rd class at UNAB abeokuta and she is working with her certficate now;

1.Let her know that the grace is surfficient for all of us.

2.She can go ahead with her PGD

3.If she is good and she is sure good let her apply for job and be prayerful about it,nothing is impossible.

My story,i left school in 2004 with a 2nd lower 3.30 CGPA in business admin,from LASU but i did not left it there,i worked on my self and with prayers and the grace of God inclusive,

I can tell you that today i am working with my 2nd employer in a big IT firms here in Lagos and to make it more simple for you to understand i only spent 6month at home after NYSC before resuming my first work.

She can offer herself for work without pay in other to gain experience (Volunteer Services),its one of the thing i do before gainfully been employed,though most naija graduates hardly wants to do such.

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by gistmelove(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
plss dont ooo
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by heatmeup(f): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
jiggar:

Nice advice @iamtheprincipal, but on the issue of wole soyinka, he graduated with a 2:1. He confirmed that sometime last year, when he was addressing some school children.
And to the girl that graduated with a 3rd class, if it's possible apply for another program, and more importantly, know the particular subjects you are good at, so that you don't follow others into a particular field of study, because it looks lucrative in the future. Although, with God, nothing is impossible, but then it doesn't mean we should not strive to be the best in everything we do in life.
Please dear, don't take your life, the agony your parents will go through over your death, will be too unbearable for them. And, worse still, it could make them loose their own life because of you negative and dangerous decision. I know it's not going to be an easy task telling them, but, just pray to God and ask Him for courage and wisdom, and then pass the message to them.
don't mind wole soyinka oooo he is just trying to cover up for his flaws because he said it does not mean It's tru the certificates don't lie what is there is what you got
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by handsome86(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
In adams oshomole voice go and die, how will u graduate with good grade when u didn't balance ur social life with ur academic life,it is boldly written ur cert worthy in character and learning. the literal meaning character is social life.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by bigtt76(f): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
She for continue the suicide attempt naaa #mtscheeeeeeeew undecided Na her be the first or last to graduate with 3rd Class?
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by kolaaderin: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:

i will advice her to get a private university and start all over again. the foundation degree is the most important degree no amount of post graduate degrees will change that status.
sometimes i wish i had a first class.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by eedris07(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
My sista no waste ur tym gettin admiSsion oo, been intelligent is nt about wat u have in ur Cert.. Hav seen a third class student got a job wia a 1st class is stil walkin abt wit his Cert..
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by eminent007(m): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
don't say wat u don't knw, she is a very decent person wit d fear of God.not every lady is as u hav described.funny enof d ones hu spend d nite clubbing jumping frm one bed to d oda and don't even boda abt studying come out well but d ones hu don't sometime end up like dis, I can't help but wonda y.

Life isn't fair, no matter the way you look at it.

As for your friend, "beheading isn't the cure for headache."

Not everybody will graduate with a first class.
Not everybody will graduate with a second class.
Infact, not everybody will graduate at all.

While there's life, there's hope.

She's lamenting she has no shoes, some don't even have legs.

She say she graduate with a third class, some go Uni for almost 12 years and them no carry nothing come out.

#aWordIsEnoughForTheWise

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by AreaFada2: 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
she studied chemistry

Chem can be a bastard. In my first year, I did a mock chem test unprepared. I always saw Chem as a piece of cake. 2 days after returning from Xmas holiday. Some of my colleagues didn't even bother to do it. The result was posted to my house address. This was in Europe. Somehow I never opened the letter. I completely forgot.

Years later, after graduation I was clearing out papers. I opened the letter. It was a test result from 5 years ago! It was a bare pass. And a warning from HOD/academic office that I have to do more work.

If I had seen that letter, I might have panicked. Luckily, that was the only Chem test/exam that I never got a decent to top mark from secondary to Year 2 of Uni when no more chem was needed.

I'd still prefer a 3rd class Chem graduate to a 2.2 graduate in many other courses if I was an employer.

A 3rd class acquaintance of mine from uni, she thought job here in the Uk would be difficult. She left for US and landed a good job.
She can package herself well and succeed.

PGD would be good.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bitojoe:
Newbie. U don try, we don notice u.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by LyfeJennings(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ur friend is very stewpid if she kills herself. I would share the story of my life 4 the sake of your friends foolishness.
2007 - I graduated at the age of 21 with a 3rd class from one of the most useless department in my school.
I come from a well to do family but my family are not the supporting type. Once you fail in any aspect of life. U ARE ON YOUR OWN. 2 worsen d case, I was clueless of the life ahead. I was suicidal and a big pessimist too. To cut the story short, Ive lived everyday of my life since 2007 in pains, self hate & an overwhelming pessimism. Somehow, heaven shined on me, I went over to do my PGd & did MBA. I endured all sorts of ugly happenings but the past one week, I got the most peaceful & hopeful days of my life. I found a job in a bank even tho na intern but life is beautiful once again & I live each day hoping 4 a better tomorrow.
Tell ur friend to face her fears & follow her heart. No matter how crazy it is, there is always a better day tomorrow.

NB. She should be at least grateful she's got U. I NEVER HAD SOMEONE TO LIFT MY CROSS NOT TO TALK OF CARRY IT. THANK GOD FOR DRUGS

4 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by abila122: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
When some contesting to rule Nigeria are without certificate and you have one why contemplate suicide.
Plus suicide will bring greater shame on your family
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Please tell your friend not to end her life. It will just be a waste. I graduated with a 3rd class myself. I felt bad about it and I couldn't tell my parents, but with hard work and prayer, I was able to further my studies (yes, with the 3rd class degree) and I got a masters and today I'm half-way through with my D.Sc.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by abbey621(m): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why do Nigerian women even bother? Statistics shows that over 70% of Nigerian women graduates ends up being a full time housewife and out of the remaining 30% only about half work 10 years or more. My advice is simple, 3rd class is not the end of the world, your 3rd class might just be a sign from the Heavens that you are best doing business or something else but if you are still adamant on this education thingz, a pre masters program followed by a masters degree trumps your bachelor edegree anyday anytime.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by coollexy: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
tell her dis: i have a cousin who finished wit 3rd class,stayed at home for 5yrs b4 he got a job wit procter and gambel(p&g) as a sales rep in maiduguri.after 2yrs wit some experience he gathered joined guiness as a sales manager then proceeded to notore as a sales manager too.now he is work wit diageo as a regional manager sales.if ma cousin could climb up such ladder God too can do it for her.she should shud neva lose faith in God cos her story too shall change one day.
i too finished wit 3rd class but today im workin wit an oilservicin firm here in ph.it is not by class oo ma sis it is God's doins

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
kunle75:

Thats not the end of road,my wife finished with a 3rd class at UNAB abeokuta and she is working with her certficate now;

1.Let her know that the grace is surfficient for all of us.

2.She can go ahead with her PGD

3.If she is good and she is sure good let her apply for job and be prayerful about it,nothing is impossible.

My story,i left school in 2004 with a 2nd lower 3.30 CGPA in business admin,from LASU but i did not left it there,i worked on my self and with prayers and the grace of God inclusive,

I can tell you that today i am working with my 2nd employer in a big IT firms here in Lagos and to make it more simple for you to understand i only spent 6month at home after NYSC before resuming my first work.

She can offer herself for work without pay in other to gain experience (Volunteer Services),its one of the thing i do before gainfully been employed,though most naija graduates hardly wants to do such.

Best of luck
volunteer services?...what kind?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Excursion Disaster: OOU NASS President Dies In An Accident (Pics) / Mmesomma Ejikeme Met With The Anambra State Commissioner For Education / Teachers In Abia Clean Up Schools Before Resumption (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.