Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (17558 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2009
Why does Wole Soyinka not believe in God? Could anyone tell me?
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by vwvw(m): 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
ud have 2 ask him personally and i doubt if ul get a forthright answer; maybe you should try reading trials of brother jero
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by olanajim(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2009
Wole believes in gods. He is a traditionalist. And have a very high regard for traditional gods. He also respect people's right to worship whatever they like.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
Hmmmm may be he should believe in the one true God
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Mutegi: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
Im an atheist; is there any reason to castigate us for our beliefs or lack off. God is just mans creation and nobody should be threatened by that statement.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by oderemo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
one true God
and which is?
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2009
God Almighty is the only and one true God
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by olanajim(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2009
Xtolove,
if that is why you open the thread, then you are wasting your talents. Soyinka is not on nairaland, he won't get your message.

I suggest you open a church near his house so he can hear the message of ONE TRUE GOD.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by oderemo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2009
the point is most of soyinkas achievements in his life will dwarf all this so called God's children , because the guy does not conform to any religion is no excuse for them to bash him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2009
xtolove:

Fool, why dont you go and find Wole Soyinka and ask him?

Jobless he-goat
! angry
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by hajifaty: 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2009
olanajim:

Xtolove,
I suggest you open a church near his house so he can hear the message of ONE TRUE GOD.

I think Mosque will be beta becos church can bring confusion by preaching 3 gods which are god of the father, god of the son and the god of the holy spirit. The man no go know which one to follow but Imam for mosque will just say no other god except one GOD grin grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2009
olanajim
Son of the devil
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 12:05am On Jan 16, 2009
MrCrackles
Oh Mr. wise one, ur mates are in ASO ROCK
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by banom(m): 12:19am On Jan 16, 2009
xtolove:

How does his beliefe concern you ?
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by ztyle(m): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2009
You guyz shouldn't crusify the poster oOo!
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 16, 2009
This is why Wole Soyinka doesn't believe in your imaginary friend:

First, he's a philosopher, a poet, a deep thinker and a wise one.

Second, your is God wanted by Aliens for killing innocent people cause they refused to worship his angry ass, The Quran God is wanted for kidnapping virgin girls and promising them to Islam extremists, Imams and all other male follower of his fallacies. Ever noticed women has almost no portion of greatness in the bible and Quran? Except of course Queen of Sheba who they also made a slut by saying she slept with Solomon( Solomon can't even touch her toes).

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah  and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

Finally, Your god is wanted for being hateful. He hated cain, he murdered beautiful Jezebel for not accepting him into bed. Also, your God is threatening to destroy the world which he never created in the first place but wished he was wiser than his own creator (Mother Nature) . HE RAPED VIRGIN MARY AND SAID IT WAS THE HOLYGHOST!!

Hope now you see why Wole Soyinka does not want your God.

Osun has been more objective compared to your god. Osun has been a mother to Africans compared to your hateful God. Come back to the lessons your ancestors taught and you'll find peace within. I compared Ifa teachings and I found out Ifa is simply a guidance to humanity. There is good and evil but you religious cunts only see the evil in traditional religions forgetting there are good and evil practices. Have you seen Osun worshipers? they are as peaceful as they come and they are never blinded by sentiments. Who connected you guys to Jerusalem and Mecca? MUMUS!!!

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Ifygurl: 3:09am On Jan 16, 2009
There is no one true God. Everyone believe their own God is the one true God. I don't knock Wole Soyinka, he can believe in whatever he wants.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Jakumo(m): 5:52am On Jan 16, 2009
9jaganja:

Second, your is God wanted by Aliens for killing innocent people cause they refused to worship his angry ass, The Quran God is wanted for kidnapping virgin girls and promising them to Islam extremists, Imams and all other male follower of his fallacies. Ever noticed women has almost no portion of greatness in the bible and Quran? Except of course Queen of Sheba who they also made a slut by saying she slept with Solomon( Solomon can't even touch her toes).

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

Finally, Your god is wanted for being hateful. He hated cain, he murdered beautiful Jezebel for not accepting him into bed. Also, your God is threatening to destroy the world which he never created in the first place but wished he was wiser than his own creator (Mother Nature) . HE RAPED VIRGIN MARY AND SAID IT WAS THE HOLYGHOST!!

Osun has been more objective compared to your god. Osun has been a mother to Africans compared to your hateful God. Come back to the lessons your ancestors taught and you'll find peace within. I compared Ifa teachings and I found out Ifa is simply a guidance to humanity. There is good and evil but you religious cunts only see the evil in traditional religions forgetting there are good and evil practices. Have you seen Osun worshipers? they are as peaceful as they come and they are never blinded by sentiments. Who connected you guys to Jerusalem and Mecca? MUMUS!!!

Ganjaman you have committed a literary masterpiece to writing above here, and I would not be in the slightest bit surprised if it turned out that you are in fact the inimitable Kongi himself, writing under a pseudonym chosen with great care.

Holy smokes ! I'm printing this one out.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by bawomolo(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2009
9jaganja:

Your God is wanted for being Sexists, and disturbing the natural evolution of human beings. Your god tested his radioactive bomb on Sodom and Gomorrah  and vaporized Lot's wife (Once again not salt another bible lie). He is the number 1 serial killer and most wanted in every universe.

bravo, good post
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by olanajim(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2009
Xtolove,
If you say I am son of the devil, so be it. At least you said it. For you to say it, then you must have been very, very familiar with the devil as to recognise his son. Your familiarity to him however is an indication that you are probably his confidant since I have never heard of anyone married to the devil talkless of his having a son.

In short, back to sender!

@gangan,
How has the thread degenerated to zone where God is put on trial? This is not about God attributes or whatever. It is just that the poster wanted an answer to his question. Unfortunately, he doesn't look like he want an answer.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by udezue(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2009
Who gives a damn if he believes in Olumba olumba, Amadioha, Oshondi, or Jesus Christ?

Please let the man be. He has a right to his own belief or lack of belief as long as he is not disturbing your peace.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by CrudeOil2(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2009
What god?
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by Ben13: 9:56am On Jan 16, 2009
ask me
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2009
Na wah for una oooo
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by oderemo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2009
guys beware oh hon. olaokun has his guys all over the world oh.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by jamace(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2009
Hmmmm may be he should believe in the one true God

Maybe, the behaviour of those who claimed to believe in the one true God are so questionable that the kongiman would rather remain with the god of his ancestors for protection grin grin.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2009
Make the guy start to go church abeg
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by redsun(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2009
I swear,ganjaman could be the man himself.what a piece.
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by thehomer: 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2009
Why do you believe/not believe in God?
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by BOSS7: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2009
redsun:

I swear,ganjaman could be the man himself.what a piece.

LOL, he's not ganjaman but 9jaganja. Are you sure you're not suffering from London effect (i.e. too much ganja. hahaha)
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by idupaul: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2009
every man has the right to decide what he believes in
Re: Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God by xtolove(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2009
But it is cool to believe in the one true God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / I Lost Two Kids In One Day While Saving My Wife –rev. Uma Ukpai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.